Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:23:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][POOL] ipoMiner - Profitable multipool targeting new coins + merged mining!  (Read 366078 times)
ipominer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

Mine the hottest new coins at ipoMiner.com

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 09:07:54 PM

Yes, that is our top priority now that we've added pricing data. We just need to write the backend code to handle the accounting for it. Load balancing the pool hashrate across coins is easy -- we could do it now. Accounting for the shares submitted across coins and paying them out proportionally is going to take some time to implement. As a hack-ish way of doing it without writing the backend code, we could load balance the hashrate and force stratum reconnects every X minutes so you would be load balanced onto a different coin regularly, but that's not particularly optimal.

Mine the hottest new coins at ipoMiner.com!
99.9% uptime, low fees, custom high performance stratum servers, DDoS-resistant
Support by email at support@ipominer.com or ##ipoMiner on Freenode IRC
precrime3

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

PM for journalist,typing,and data entry services.

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 10:37:35 PM

I agree - that is a feature not often seen in pools - splitting the hash rate intelligently and mining several coins at the same time and splitting them proportionally.

like what coinshift is doing? With bias towards most profitable?

bmoconno

Activity: 280
Merit: 261

New In Town...

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 02:49:54 AM

I'm enjoying the site so much, thanks for explaining why you've decided to continue mining Blitz.

A couple things...

Is there a way to mine one of the other coins listed?  For example, if I always wanted to mine to coin in the 2nd position, is there a specific port or something I can point to at the ipo pool?

The bottom left corner in the "Tech Support" footer, you have a link for "Cryptocointalk Forum" and it just links back to the page you're currently viewing. Smiley

If I've helped you out, or you just think I'm awesome… 13SZex4uANVrfTeeuFEXGu6W8EVYtWVB53
ipominer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 02:59:40 AM

@bmoconno We can enable direct ports for any coin that we have on the site, but we currently don't publish those because our mining of most coins will be fairly short-lived. Either they will die off or become too widely popular within a week or so and we'll move on to something else. If there is demand for a specific coin, we're happy to set that up. Thanks for the reminder about the footer links. I've had that on my list to fix for a while but hadn't gotten around to it yet. Its fixed now.

Drazit

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 06:25:59 AM

Any new coins in the works or we are thinking about mining next? Curious as to the next couple coins we are thinking about going into is all.
ipominer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 06:47:44 AM

Unless there are new coins that looks more promising, I suspect we'll be sticking with BlitzCoin for a while longer -- profitability on it is good at current levels, and it has the potential to rise because of the limited mining period (only 10,000 blocks total to be mined, and it is currently at block 5812, which means there are only 4188 blocks left now.

pc52013141234

Activity: 96

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 06:48:58 AM

I will join it ..good luck .

gooby

Activity: 73

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 02:19:39 PM

Thanks for the feedback. We had considered offering fully managed trading of mined coins, and may offer it in the future.

You're right that isn't really possible to make pool-wide direct comparisons between us and auto exchanging pools. I do mine with 7MH myself currently and am expanding to ~22MH next week, so I try to offer my own profit calculations whenever people ask.

The rest of our beta test group of miners can certainly attest that my returns are not unusual for people mining on our pool Smiley

We typically have a good group of experienced miners/traders on our IRC channel and have frequent discussion of "when to sell" -- feel free to join us there.. the more the merrier!

EquinoxManagement - New Reliable Currency
GlobAllCoin -100%IPO-15657191800@163.com
Get Free VpnCoin, Join BitNet ! | wallet address
nidhogg1

Activity: 31

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 02:42:24 PM

Value of BLTZ dropped by approx 35% since yesterday
stumblios

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 03:32:56 PM

Value of BLTZ dropped by approx 35% since yesterday

Now it's at half of what I've sold for over the last few days. IPOminer, I know you said that other coins don't have the buy support for a pool our size, but surely there has to be something better than Blitz now, right?
Litecoinkid

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 03:40:21 PM

Blitz will be worth a lot more in the long run, its mining stops in a few days,personally i look for a good long term investment long BC was,worth nothing when i mined it,but sold for 5btc,not bad for a weeks mining,i will be keeping all my rigs on blitz until the end,and then sit on them until the pump starts in a few weeks. Smiley
nidhogg1

Activity: 31

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 04:39:38 PM

^

Why do you say that? Just because it has a limited quantity? That means absolutely nothing

All ill say is that BLTZ now goes for 185 satoshi, compared to 320 just 24 hours ago. In addition satoshi has dropped and keeps dropping in value since then also
ipominer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 05:46:00 PM

Even with the overnight drop in price, BLTZ still earns a not-terrible-in-today's-markets return of 0.0044 btc/mh/day at its current difficulty and price. My view is that volume on BLTZ on Bittrex is pretty light, and someone has been aggressively pushing down prices in order to accumulate more BLTZ. You can see that the price is being manipulated because there are constant large buy orders, while there are small orders continually being added to the sell side well below the current ask, which push down the price.

We're working on splitting our hashrate and may have a solution in place very soon.. I'll keep you posted.

bmoconno

Activity: 280
Merit: 261

New In Town...

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 06:06:06 PM

I'm just worried that the Blitz network dies as soon as the mining period is over, which miners want to maintain a network where they only getting transaction fees on a coin that wasn't designed to be used for transactions?  Grin

If I've helped you out, or you just think I'm awesome… 13SZex4uANVrfTeeuFEXGu6W8EVYtWVB53
david123
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 06:11:55 PM

I'm just worried that the Blitz network dies as soon as the mining period is over, which miners want to maintain a network where they only getting transaction fees on a coin that wasn't designed to be used for transactions?  Grin

On the ANN-thread, the devs say

After mining for rewards the network will be secured with several CPU miners, enough to secure and insure transactions.

I'm not sure what the "CPU" (CPU as in CPU makes not much sense, right? Wink ) shall mean, but I read this as the devs promise to take care of some mining after the 7 day
mining period in order to avoid the scenario you described..
ipominer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 06:48:51 PM

We're removing SpainCoin from ipoMiner as they've forked to scrypt-n, we haven't mined it in weeks, and don't anticipate mining it again in the foreseeable future. We'll be removing coins from time to time to avoid having to run and maintain excessive amounts of wallets, and to discourage people from using ipoMiner for long-term storage of coins. We're testing the process with SpainCoin initially because there is only a small total balance of it with ~43 miners affected, but there are a few other coins we will be removing soon.

The process for removing coins will be to post the removal notice on our News section and email everyone with a balance, 2 weeks in advance. We'll send another email notification again to those who still have a balance 1 day before the coin is removed from the site.

We sent the following notification to everyone with a SpainCoin balance via email last night, but I'm posting it here just in case someone might have missed it:

"In 2 weeks we will be removing SpainCoin (SPA) from ipoMiner.com, as it has not met our criteria for mining recently and we do not anticipate we will mine it again in the future.

Please withdraw your current balance of SpainCoin prior to 11:59PM Eastern Time on April 13, 2014. If you leave balance on the site past the deadline, it will be treated as a donation to ipoMiner.

We remove coins from time to time to conserve resources and to discourage long-term storage of coins on ipoMiner. Please consider withdrawing coins to an exchange for trading or to a local wallet regularly in the future.

Feel free to email us at support@ipominer.com if you have any questions or issues surrounding withdrawing your remaining SpainCoin.

Thanks for mining with us!"

thedue

Activity: 662
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 07:26:01 PM

We're removing SpainCoin from ipoMiner as they've forked to scrypt-n, we haven't mined it in weeks, and don't anticipate mining it again in the foreseeable future. We'll be removing coins from time to time to avoid having to run and maintain excessive amounts of wallets, and to discourage people from using ipoMiner for long-term storage of coins. We're testing the process with SpainCoin initially because there is only a small total balance of it with ~43 miners affected, but there are a few other coins we will be removing soon.

The process for removing coins will be to post the removal notice on our News section and email everyone with a balance, 2 weeks in advance. We'll send another email notification again to those who still have a balance 1 day before the coin is removed from the site.

We sent the following notification to everyone with a SpainCoin balance via email last night, but I'm posting it here just in case someone might have missed it:

"In 2 weeks we will be removing SpainCoin (SPA) from ipoMiner.com, as it has not met our criteria for mining recently and we do not anticipate we will mine it again in the future.

Please withdraw your current balance of SpainCoin prior to 11:59PM Eastern Time on April 13, 2014. If you leave balance on the site past the deadline, it will be treated as a donation to ipoMiner.

We remove coins from time to time to conserve resources and to discourage long-term storage of coins on ipoMiner. Please consider withdrawing coins to an exchange for trading or to a local wallet regularly in the future.

Feel free to email us at support@ipominer.com if you have any questions or issues surrounding withdrawing your remaining SpainCoin.

Thanks for mining with us!"

+1
ipominer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 09:54:14 PM

@n2nshadow MintPal, Bittrex, Poloniex, SwissCex, CryptoAltex are a few I've used recently.

RentaMouse

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:33:47 AM

Just in case anyone isnt up to date with the Cryptorush news, the site is still up and running but they have no BTC, LTC, AUR, POT, QRK or WAS available to withdraw. If you have any balances on there in those coins you will have to exchange into another coin in order to transfer out. DOGE is a popular choice, but at the current rate expect to lose 30+% for your trouble.

Leaving any funds on CR atm looks like it will be a gamble, I just logged onto their IRC channel out of interest and it seems they now hold their board meetings in public. If you want up to date info that seems to be the place to go - the sites homepage doesnt make it clear how serious their problems are.

Pool admin @ http://cryptonotepool.org.uk/ - for miners who value reliability (and like orange)!
Currently donating all of our 1% pool fee to the dev fund - mine at CryptonotepoolUK and support XMR at no extra cost!
ipominer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 02:14:39 AM

I personally transferred coins out of Cryptorush via trading it to AUR a few days ago, and started advising people to sell and get out even at a loss. Hopefully everyone has done so by now, or is in the process of doing so ASAP.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: