Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:00:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why would you sell an altcoin right at the very bottom  (Read 6705 times)
martychubbs

Activity: 742
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 10, 2019, 11:11:02 PM

It’s mostly the new traders that panic when they see the graph moving down a single digit, or people who invest in any coin that are pumping at the moment without giving it a second thought. They end up selling in the lower end, otherwise, with a good Alt coin, you just need to be patient and calm.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████▄▄
       ▄████████████████████▄
     ▄██████████████▀█████████▄
   ▄███████████████   ██████████▄
  ▐█████████████████   ██████████▌
 ▐█████████████████▀    ██████████▌
 ███████████████▀        ██████████
▐████████████▀     ▄███   █████████▌
████████████    ▄████▀██▄███████████
██████████▀██▄████▀    █████████████
█████████   ███▀     ▄██████████████
▐█████████        ▄████████████████▌
 ██████████    ▄███████████████████
 ▐██████████   ███████████████████▌
  ▐██████████   █████████████████▌
   ▀██████████▄█████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████████████▀
       ▀████████████████████▀
          ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
    ██
   ████
  ██▌███
 ▐██▌███▌
 ███ ██▀▌
 ▀██ █▄██
 █▄█ ███▀
 ▀██ ██▄█
 █▄█ ███▌
  ██▌███
  ▐█▌██
   ▐█▌
    █
    █
     ▀

░░██████
░░██████
░░██████

░░░░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░░░░██████

██████
██████
██████

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████

▄▄██████▄▄
       ▐██▀    ▀██▌
       ██        ██
       ██        ██
       ██        ██
      ██████████████
      █████  ███████     ██ 
  ██  █  ████████  █ ██   
      ███████  █████    ██   
      ██████████████

▄██▄
▀██▀         ▄██▄
             ▀██▀

▄██▄
       ▀██▀

▄██▄
  ▄██▄     ▀██▀
  ▀██▀

▄▄█▄▄   ▄
█▄        ████████▀▄
███      █████████▀
▐███▄    ████████▌
▄▄█████▄▄▄███████▌
  ▀█████████████
  ▄▄██████████▀
    ▄████████▀
▀▀████████▀
    ▀▀▀

▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄
   ▐█▄████████████▄█▌
  ▐██████████████████▌
  █████▀▀▀████▀▀▀█████
 █████     ██     █████
▐██████▄▄▄████▄▄▄██████▌
 ████▄▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄████
  ▀▀████        ████▀▀
      ▀▀        ▀▀

█▀▀▄▄▄█▄
         █    ▀█▀
       ▄▄█▄▄
▄██▄▄████████▄▄██▄
█████▀▀████▀▀█████
 ███▄  ▄██▄  ▄███
  ▀████▀██▀████▀
    ▀███▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██ ██ ██ ██

██ ██ ██

██ ██

██ ██

Homepage

██ ██

██ ██

██ ██ ██

██ ██ ██ ██

White Paper

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HBBZ

Activity: 570
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 05:19:52 PM

It depends on the coin as well and how bottom are we talking. Like, if you are holding shitcoins or some coins similar to that, and you realise that these coins are shit and are losing their value very rapidly, then it’s better to sell them at the bottom rather than stalking them up until they are completely dead and are left in your wallet for eternity. But if you are holding some well-known coin, that you have faith in, then it’s better not to sell them at the bottom as they the potential of getting a bump in their price, and having an increase in them, so it’s better to be patient with them.
kalstarzz

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2019, 01:42:01 PM

I sell my alt with a calculation, I always sell alt who may not have hope to experience price development. I do this to avoid greater losses, and this is very logical.
pelumi20

Activity: 712
Merit: 15

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
August 28, 2019, 06:41:49 PM

Selling a altcoin right at the very bottom is very irrational because you have already lost the value. You will lose money presently and also miss out on the future gains from price increase.
The only reason that makes sense is if it is an emergency or you are selling to flip to a better coin with better chances of success.

KofiAdepa

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 28, 2019, 06:43:31 PM

Jus t because someone is spreading this negative speculation that there wont be Alts some years to come. Even if so why do you sell at this moment. It would be better to wait than selling for these pennies.

●  ●  ●    Auditchain    ●  ●  ●
◄►  REAL-TIME ASSURANCE. ONE BLOCK AT A TIME  ◄►
aioc

Activity: 2898
Merit: 567

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 03:37:18 AM

It makes no logical sense to sell an altcoin right at the very bottom of a market cycle.  Look I know its very painful to see that altcoin you love some much cause you so much grief, and not to mention checking your altcoin account balance looks like a scene from a horror movie.  But I am here to tell you, to hold strong, keep the faith and ride this altcoin storm as we are about to hit a very sweet spot in the market cycle where altcoins will explode in value.  Almost every altcoin is extremely oversold when comparing it to previous altcoin ATH (all time highs) and not to mention when comparing it to the bitcoin rally of late.

ATTENTION: We are about to enter altcoin season right at the very bottom, there will be some explosive move coming....Please hold firm.

Much love to all altcoin holders (especially those that hold HST decision token)

Stay safe, and see you all at the very top of the next altcoin season.

Peace out Cheesy

I don't see any issue if you want to sell your tokens when it hit the bottom, coins/tokens are hitting the bottom for two reasons, one of this, is because of the market condition, all the coins are falling, and the second one is lost of trust, investors lost their trust in the coins that they are now dumping even if the market condition is good.

Ezio_Auditore

Activity: 487
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 03:47:46 AM

Remember the same AION, when in the beginning the price fell sharply and many sold it. Everyone said that it will still grow and sold it for nothing. Turns out that wasn't the bottom yet. At the bottom of this coin is right now.

▰▰▰▰  TRONBOMB  ▰▰▰▰
▰▰▰▰    PLAY AND EARN DIVIDENDS    ▰▰▰▰
 Dice Roll    Lucky Wheel     To The Moon 
BennyK

Activity: 672
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2019, 03:48:20 AM

Sometimes it becomes a very difficult decision to make when a coin in possession begins to drop in price yet the holder believes the coin has all the needed factors to rise again. In such situations, pressing the withdrawal button to cut losses is very challenging. Holders or investors in such circumstances end up selling at the very bottom.

fosco333

Activity: 1260

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 09:06:02 AM

Because i have urgent matter regarding about my money. If peoples need money no matter what, they will sell anything they have.
No body wants to sell with loss, but if the loss can be covered by future profit, it is ok. For example i find a good coin to invest but i don't
have enough money, i will sell some of my coins at loss.

jthor

Activity: 154
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 05:47:39 PM

Because i have urgent matter regarding about my money. If peoples need money no matter what, they will sell anything they have.
No body wants to sell with loss, but if the loss can be covered by future profit, it is ok. For example i find a good coin to invest but i don't
have enough money, i will sell some of my coins at loss.
Now the prices are already so low on Altcoins that it makes no sense to sell coins at all. I think you need to start buying them on the contrary. Good chances for big profits.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
SirLancelot

Activity: 2478
Merit: 582

View Profile
September 06, 2019, 06:03:01 PM

~~snip

I don't see any issue if you want to sell your tokens when it hit the bottom, coins/tokens are hitting the bottom for two reasons, one of this, is because of the market condition, all the coins are falling, and the second one is lost of trust, investors lost their trust in the coins that they are now dumping even if the market condition is good.
I think I get your point, there are some coins that if we bottom, we will not be regretting because those projects eventually die without raising back again, but when it comes to great projects, it is not worth selling a t bottom because those projects usually grow by 1000x when they rise. So instead of selling projects that we know has a bright future or real working case and active team at bottom, the best thing to have done at that period is to buy more.

I know that there has been question of why a project with real use case will even bottom, but we all know how the market operates, they usually being affected by bears at some points which is beyond their control, so the fact they bottom does not say that they are dying for us to sell, but buy back again.
jagaban
Copper Member

Activity: 322
Merit: 8

View Profile
September 07, 2019, 12:37:57 PM

So many reasons why one might want to dump their altcoins at dip. It might be that they finally decided to quit cryptocurrency altogether or money is desperately needed because of an emergency. So can't blame anyone for how they handle their investments

Ghenjer

Activity: 97
Merit: 1

https://token-sale.fredenergy.org Supporter

View Profile
September 07, 2019, 12:47:48 PM

no one wants to lose money or sell at a low price unless the situation is urgent. I think everyone has their own way of investing, if I personally have BTC coins and altcoin bags like Eth and BNB. and I believe in the portfolio that I have and will not sell at a loss, even if the market situation is weak or the price has not risen significantly.
Novatech8

Activity: 700
Merit: 27

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
September 07, 2019, 01:27:33 PM

It makes no logical sense to sell an altcoin right at the very bottom of a market cycle.  Look I know its very painful to see that altcoin you love some much cause you so much grief, and not to mention checking your altcoin account balance looks like a scene from a horror movie.  But I am here to tell you, to hold strong, keep the faith and ride this altcoin storm as we are about to hit a very sweet spot in the market cycle where altcoins will explode in value.  Almost every altcoin is extremely oversold when comparing it to previous altcoin ATH (all time highs) and not to mention when comparing it to the bitcoin rally of late.

ATTENTION: We are about to enter altcoin season right at the very bottom, there will be some explosive move coming....Please hold firm.

Much love to all altcoin holders (especially those that hold HST decision token)

Stay safe, and see you all at the very top of the next altcoin season.

Peace out Cheesy

And till date altcoin season is still no where to be found,the only thing that can make me to sell a altcoin at the very bottom is if i heard news about the project turn to scam or the teams are about to abandon the project,to cut short my loss i have to dump such altcoin if not i don't have any reason to sell

coinsycrip09

Activity: 910

View Profile
September 07, 2019, 01:35:57 PM

i think, we cannot force everyone to keep holding their coins. Everyone's needs and situations are very different. it's likely they are in dire need of money and have no choice but to sell it even though he knows the price is not very good.

indeed your advice is correct, i like that. i am also currently waiting for the price of altcoin to reach ATH again. i'm still sure that will happen sooner or later.
MMA Rats

Activity: 509
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2019, 02:13:40 PM

Now not all people sell coins at such low prices, you need to understand that there are traders in the market who buy and sell at such low prices

leetcoiner

Activity: 1056
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 05:42:54 PM

Now not all people sell coins at such low prices, you need to understand that there are traders in the market who buy and sell at such low prices
There is speculation in the market, of course, and we think that this is the number of people that Altcoins are selling now. I think the situation will change soon.
ATSgrowth

Activity: 924
Merit: 106

homt.net

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 05:47:11 PM

Many people do not believe in another altcoin season. They are in a panic mode and they want to get atleast something from their investment. Typical behavior of uneducated investors.  Wink

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
Bitcoin+Fi

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

Erotic Industry on the Blockchain! RachelX

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2019, 06:18:54 PM

Many people do not believe in another altcoin season. They are in a panic mode and they want to get atleast something from their investment. Typical behavior of uneducated investors.  Wink

But there aren't many such people, because there is no panic now, all panicking people have long ago sold and left the cryptocurrency, there are still the strongest people

RachelX ✦ 
❝ THE REVOLUTION OF THE EROTIC INDUSTRY
WHITEPAPER ✤ ─────  FacebookTwitterInstagram ⋆  Telegram ⋆  YouTube ⋆  LinkedIn  ───── ✤ BUY RACH
Teawhalee
Copper Member

Activity: 482
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2019, 06:57:22 PM

I wish it has time the way you highlighters here ! However people  that sold their altcoins at the toke of this post would Be happy by now! Alt season that will come is not the usual one , so holding on to some  token  won’t make  make sense ! The bottom today’s is the top tomorrow! Which means there’s Is more dip than rise !

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: