Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:38:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 162 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][0.8.6] Hirocoin - X11 - NGW - Secured Blockchain - Time Warp Limitation  (Read 271584 times)
ClutchThese

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:56:41 AM

Only for the entertainment value. I stopped mining Hiro around diff 1. Mining at diff 100+ is throwing money away and just plain stupid, even if you believe the price will go up.

With the power cost where I am, mining Hiro is 3-4x more profitable than Vert, Doge, Dark, Litecoin, or even CleverMining which I was on before. Don't assume the case for you is the same for everyone.

Hiro is fantastic, I was about to turn off my rig until I found it.

how much is your power costs? mine is 12cents/kwh and hiro is not worth it to mine for me at time of writing.

11 cents for me, and it's well worth it to mine for me.

Signature for Rent - PM if Interested

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MinerP

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:02:04 AM

Only for the entertainment value. I stopped mining Hiro around diff 1. Mining at diff 100+ is throwing money away and just plain stupid, even if you believe the price will go up.

With the power cost where I am, mining Hiro is 3-4x more profitable than Vert, Doge, Dark, Litecoin, or even CleverMining which I was on before. Don't assume the case for you is the same for everyone.

how much is your power costs? mine is 12cents/kwh and hiro is not worth it to mine for me at time of writing.

you pay less than i do and its worth it to mine hiro? lol dude even mining at clever and purchasing hiro minus your electricity costs will get you more hiro a day than just straight mining hiro.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:04:15 AM

Hiro is a scam, you are probably being scammed right now.  How are you being scammed ....Huh let me explain it to you.

1. hiro was intentionally not announced, it was intentionally released at 7am europe time when most of europe and US were sleeping.  It was super instamined. Check the block explorer.

2. x11 is probably going to turn out to be a total waste of space and probably a scam too.  WHY you ask... well you notice how your gpu is not using much electricity and not getting hot??

it's because x11 is so efficient right?? NO it's because the x11 miner most of you have is probably crap and not pushing your gpu hard at all, it is probably very inefficient too.  You can expect some miners have access to the proper x11 miner and their gpus are running very hot and drawing 2x the electricity......hehe the thing is their hash rate could be 10x or 20x as much. Imagine that??

You are getting a few crumbs, these crumbs motivate you to work hard for this coin ...creating things, pushing for exchanges, ....yes making it popular. Whilst those that instamined will make 100x more then dump on your asses and most of you will make nothing compared to those using you.

That's not taking into account there MAY be people mining way way faster than you on their efficient x11 miners.  When money is involved you can be sure if there is a MAY be there is a WILL be.

Wait for an x11 coin with a fair launch if you believe in x11 .... however soon all the x11 touting noobs may find x11 is a pile of junk.

I guess we don't know yet do we. However for sure asics for x11 could be out NOW and will be way cheaper and easier to create than scrypt asics were.

Feel free to copy and paste this as you like since it is never wrong to publish the truth or realistic speculation.

Do not mine nor buy this it is going to burn soon. I hear it is high on the kill new shitcoin list too..... it is not as attack proof as you may think.

This is the price scammers will pay for intentional instamining.

ClutchThese

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:04:37 AM

you pay less than i do and its worth it to mine hiro? lol dude even mining at clever and will get you more hiro a day than just straight mining hiro.

You mine the coins you want to succeed. My power consumption means nothing to me. Smiley I'm here to support the coins i want. Hiro is one of them.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:07:09 AM

you pay less than i do and its worth it to mine hiro? lol dude even mining at clever and will get you more hiro a day than just straight mining hiro.

You mine the coins you want to succeed. My power consumption means nothing to me. Smiley I'm here to support the coins i want. Hiro is one of them.

sorry to hear that, sadly you can't be well informed or the other possibility is you wish to support scam coins.

ClutchThese

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:08:22 AM

Hiro is a scam, you are probably being scammed right now.  How are you being scammed ....Huh let me explain it to you.

1. hiro was intentionally not announced, it was intentionally released at 7am europe time when most of europe and US were sleeping.  It was super instamined. Check the block explorer.

2. x11 is probably going to turn out to be a total waste of space and probably a scam too.  WHY you ask... well you notice how your gpu is not using much electricity and not getting hot??

it's because x11 is so efficient right?? NO it's because the x11 miner most of you have is probably crap and not pushing your gpu hard at all, it is probably very inefficient too.  You can expect some miners have access to the proper x11 miner and their gpus are running very hot and drawing 2x the electricity......hehe the thing is their hash rate could be 10x or 20x as much. Imagine that??

You are getting a few crumbs, these crumbs motivate you to work hard for this coin ...creating things, pushing for exchanges, ....yes making it popular. Whilst those that instamined will make 100x more then dump on your asses and most of you will make nothing compared to those using you.

That's not taking into account there MAY be people mining way way faster than you on their efficient x11 miners.  When money is involved you can be sure if there is a MAY be there is a WILL be.

Wait for an x11 coin with a fair launch if you believe in x11 .... however soon all the x11 touting noobs may find x11 is a pile of junk.

I guess we don't know yet do we. However for sure asics for x11 could be out NOW and will be way cheaper and easier to create than scrypt asics were.

Feel free to copy and paste this as you like since it is never wrong to publish the truth or realistic speculation.

Do not mine nor buy this it is going to burn soon. I hear it is high on the kill new shitcoin list too..... it is not as attack proof as you may think.

Everything you just said is speculation.

You based absolutely nothing on facts. If you want to accuse someone of scams, do it with facts. Otherwise you're no better than anyone else speaking gibberish.

As long as you've been around, one would expect a little more knowledge and appreciation for new algos. It's a pitty you devote your time and energy to try and belittle something you have no idea on.

Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:09:53 AM

That seems hard to believe. From what i've read, most here are getting around 3 MH/s. Using very conservative figures at 500 WATTS and .10 per kWH that equals .30 cents in profit per day after costs at the current diff of 140 and 2000 sat price.

http://www.coinwarz.com/calculators/dogecoin-mining-calculator/?h=3000&p=500.00&pc=0.10&pf=1&d=140&r=400&er=0.00002000&btcer=442.33000000&hc=0.00

If you are counting on the price appreciation, mining any coin on this list to trade for BTC and purchase Hiro would give you far better results:

https://cointweak.com/calculator/index/scrypt
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:12:55 AM

Everything you just said is speculation.

You based absolutely nothing on facts. If you want to accuse someone of scams, do it with facts. Otherwise you're no better than anyone else speaking gibberish.

As long as you've been around, one would expect a little more knowledge and appreciation for new algos. It's a pitty you devote your time and energy to try and belittle something you have no idea on.

Are you intentionally ignoring the FACT  that this coin was intentionally instamined?  it was not announced and released at 7am in europe when most of europe and the US were sleeping.
Check the block explorer for more facts you will see blocks were strip mined within moments of announcement on here.... the devs and friends were sucking up a huge amount of coins before anyone else knew it was released.

Sorry you don't wish to hear the FACTS regarding the planned instamine.

And sorry but as yet i have seen no evidence suggesting x11 is anything other than marketing hype. So there you have it a pointless coin with a scam instamine start.

Support it if you feel the need. I have tried to inform you.

MinerP

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:15:48 AM

That seems hard to believe. From what i've read, most here are getting around 3 MH/s. Using very conservative figures at 500 WATTS and .10 per kWH that equals .30 cents in profit per day after costs at the current diff of 140 and 2000 sat price.

http://www.coinwarz.com/calculators/dogecoin-mining-calculator/?h=3000&p=500.00&pc=0.10&pf=1&d=140&r=400&er=0.00002000&btcer=442.33000000&hc=0.00

If you are counting on the price appreciation, mining any coin on this list to trade for BTC and purchase Hiro would give you far better results:

https://cointweak.com/calculator/index/scrypt
as the saying goes.... "you cant teach a dumb dog new ______" (please fill in the blank)
ClutchThese

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:19:12 AM

Man, one can almost count the success of a coin by the amount of hate it receives when envious posts arise.

MinerP

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:22:48 AM

i am aware of the the instant mining and it is true...... your other speculation has never crossed my mind and is quite interesting to me... where did you get this information? 
bitcoinrulzz

Activity: 360

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:28:15 AM

To use the Reddit tip bot you need to register and then get your address. I have put this bit of info on Reddit and thought I would share here.

Hirocoin Reddit
To register please send the HIROcoinTip account the following message.

+register

This will register you with the tip bot. To get your address, balance and other details send the following.

+info

To send a tip reply to whoever you want to tip and use the following example, replace 10 with the amount you would like to tip.

+/u/hirocointip 10 hic

Top up your account and start tipping.

Future development - Bitcoin 0.9 is out now and has fixes for transaction malleability and the request funds feature. I intend to update Hirocoin to the latest release of Bitcoin. Then we will be a Bitcoin fork rather than a Litecoin fork Cheesy

This seems very promising. where do I try out 0.9 ?

Any download link to HiroCoin.
MinerP

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:29:25 AM

Man, one can almost count the success of a coin by the amount of hate it receives when envious posts arise.
the only hate we getting is from cryptohunter... he does raise some good points tho... others are trying to help you but you keep talking nonsense
ClutchThese

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:30:49 AM

I'm not sure those changes have been added to Hiro yet.

A future update will more than likely have them.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:41:30 AM

i am aware of the the instant mining and it is true...... your other speculation has never crossed my mind and is quite interesting to me... where did you get this information? 

the other information regarding x11 is speculation not proven YET.... however it was first brought to my attention when i was talking to a coin developer about switching a scrypt coin to x11 because i was a big fan of it after hearing about its so called super efficiency and security. Sadly he explained that x11 is a marketing success but technically is doubtful. If you have QRK you have no need for x11 at all. It is actually less secure according to him. I am actually trying to find out the truth about all of that right now. It seems neither as asic resistant as very memory hard algos, and not as secure as qrk, and it's so called efficiency is because the miner is probably crippled and only a few have access to the optimised miner. Let's wait and see if the truth comes out anytime soon, or if it is just speculation. If in future you see a NEW miner comes out that uses the cards full potential and is 10x faster then i guess it was possible all along and you can be sure some people got it LONG before others.

The excellently planned and excusted instamine that happened on hiro is beyond doubt. I blasted hiro at the start about it but he tried to tell me it was for the miners own good that he and his friends got a huge instamine period whilst everyone was left sleeping because he did not want to fork the coin or possibly let a big hash farm get in on the launch.... LOLOLOL

what a laugh....

On an announced launch with KGW big hash farms are under a lot of competition +kgw bumps diff up fast...so this was all just bullshit. It was a instamined scam. There is no denying it.

Anyway i only popped in to say hello.  

uzitgc

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 06:22:34 AM

I got 4 words you..

I. LOVE. THIS. COIN.

YAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
oknast

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 08:12:11 AM

http://poolz.eu:9408 - P2Pool node in Europe :

ULTRA FAST INTERNET CONNECTION
Unix Server equipped with SSD, tuned for low latency
NOW THE FEE IS 0.5%

How to connect:
Server = http://poolz.eu:9408
Username = your HIRO wallet address
Password = choose a whatever random password

Highlights:
No registration, start mining directly
Lightweight pool frontend, responsive design also perfect for browsing with tablet or smartphone
Node heartbeat live displayed on frontend, updating every 10 seconds also on smartphone and tablet PC
Fast and direct payments (PPLNS) into your wallet instead of a central wallet managed by someone you don't know
Decentralized network, harder to attack
Transactionfee's in a block will also by payed to all miners in the pool
Switch between different p2pool nodes without penalty. Payments will continue, they are all connected --> just setup another P2Pool node or two as backup
ibfragalot

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 08:36:37 AM

This is not secret information, the instamine, the conspiracy theories of a better mining program. All that information is already here in the thread for anyone to read.

That seems hard to believe. From what i've read, most here are getting around 3 MH/s. Using very conservative figures at 500 WATTS ...

If you had mined the coin you would know better. I'm on 4.3MH/s at 412w. No, it's not massively profitable, no coin is right now.

Again, if someone can bring something new to the table, then please, I'm all ears. But if it's just all this FUD (for newbies - fear, uncertainty, doubt) your peddling, well... nobody is interested.

ibfragalot

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 09:28:21 AM

This is a noob question no doubt, but here I go...

I see a bunch of coins which use KGW have been temp suspended from MintPal due to a KGW flaw, pending the patch.

"MintPal @MintPalExchange
Reminder: We have suspended deposits & withdraws for AUR, KDC, PANDA & USDe due to the KGW attack until the respective wallets are patched."

Anyone know why Hiro, also using KGW, isn't one of them? Not big enough to bother?

n00bnoxious

Activity: 280

Bitnation Development Team Member

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 09:50:07 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2014, 10:16:42 AM by n00bnoxious

This is a noob question no doubt, but here I go...

I see a bunch of coins which use KGW have been temp suspended from MintPal due to a KGW flaw, pending the patch.

"MintPal @MintPalExchange
Reminder: We have suspended deposits & withdraws for AUR, KDC, PANDA & USDe due to the KGW attack until the respective wallets are patched."

Anyone know why Hiro, also using KGW, isn't one of them? Not big enough to bother?

Yeah, HIRO has time-warp limitation code integrated already. It doesn't 100% fix the issue, but it means the coin isn't anywhere near as vulnerable as many others (I assume the ones on that list) are. I've also spoken to the devs, and there's a real focus on ensuring that a fix for the issues recently found in KGW are patched as soon as there's a sure fire way of doing so. Much of the code available currently isn't very well understood, and could bring in problems of its own if not done right.

Also anybody saying that the reason X11 is cooler and uses less power because the miner is inefficient are for the most part simply wrong. Chained algorithms by default will run cooler - there's a gap between each round of hashing that allows the GPU some breathing space. No doubt there is room for the miner to be improved as it's such a recent development, but it will simply NEVER hit the unbelievable power consumption of a single algo coin.

I'm amazed every day at the technical inability of a good 95% of the cryptocurrency community.
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 162 »
  Print  

Jump to: