Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:51:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][0.8.6] Hirocoin - X11 - NGW - Secured Blockchain - Time Warp Limitation  (Read 271591 times)
mrp1

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:37:33 AM

whats going on with this coin?
no further developments???

Must be something....  Price is UP 66% on MintPal today (#1 performer !!) while most ALL others are NEGATIVE
When bitcoin booms, altcoins tend to go down (as you see), people cash out into bitcoin or fiat to take profit or cut bag held loses. But soon after, everytime,  alts boomed right after. That's what we seem to see. Hiro going up during these times is awesome sign

EXACTLY..........
n00bnoxious

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Bitnation Development Team Member

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:41:39 AM

I don't understand how the "Import QR" feature works ...
I created a new address, displayed it using "Show QR Code" and then saved to a .png file
Opened the .png file in mspaint which displayed the QR Code.
Clicked "Import QR", pointed the window at the QR Code displayed in mspaint and clicked "Snap".
Well, the window closed and nothing happened ...
What am I missing ?

Hi, you imported a QR code that already exists in your wallet by the sounds of it, which would not do anything because you already have the address in your wallet.

This is for people to import QR codes generated with a paper wallet generator of some kind. I built one a while ago but haven't got round to updating the artwork for our new logo. I'm in a bit of coding downtime at the moment due to illness, so I will spend some time fixing that instead :-)
tempestb

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:02:44 PM

GPU miners and people in general are going to go to the coin that is the most profitable.  Not the coin with the best technology.  The only reason a consumer would want to exchange currency into any coin is if it offered a feature they need.

Darkcoin has the ability to send transactions anonymously which some consumers need or want to stop people from tracking their movements with their currency.  True, that Darkcoin hasn't fully implemented this yet however with many consumers betting that when it does go online the market value will skyrocket so they are investing dollars now on the cheap. 

Hirocoin needs a similar feature.  If not anonymous, than some other consumer based benefit that makes the coin more attractive.  For instance, figure out the confirmation delay problem that plagues Bitcoin and other coins.  Some coins speed up the confirmations but do so in an insecure way.  If anything is going to hurt Bitcoin's future adoption as a replacement for cash it's going to be the confirmations taking 10 minutes for each one.  Nobody in their right mind is going to sell something and wait around at the cash register for half an hour for the clerk to say, "Ok, it looks good."   Fix this problem and you have a good idea.  Maybe something like the Masternodes that Darkcoin uses that confirm the transactions faster with authority to do so.

Come up with a way to make the transaction addresses more simple.  Like leave it as the HASH, but offer some kind of network translation so that afjwq0f8hjqw08cnw[09qj  is equal to something easier to type like "Mywaller15" that people can register (Maybe burn coins) and creates a permanent link to the address.  That would be SO MUCH EASIER to give someone.  If they said, "What's your Hirocoin wallet address?" you can just say "Mywallet15" instead of saying "Ok, it's is Alpha, Frank, Jessie, Woodward, Quinoa, Zero, Frank, Eighter, Hugo..."  Zzzz...  That's the worst.

Think about the end user, the consumer and their adoption of the coin.  Make it easier to use!  Then people will use it.  Imagine your Grandma trying to use a Cryptocurrency.  Try to make it so your Grandma could figure it out.  And then you'll get all the Grandma's money invested in the coin, etc.

Right now you're just trying to appeal to miners, and miners are going to just go to whatever coin has the most profit.

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 05:51:06 PM

fwiw, I broadly agree - with some reservations:

!. There are namespace issues: - how are we going to differentiate my "MyWallet1" from your "MyWallet1"?

something easier to type like "Mywaller15"

you can just say "Mywallet15"

2. Your quintessentially human (and, from Sod's Law, entirely predictable) error is one rather strong reason why the UI should work to help the user avoid trivial but potentially expensive mistakes - the uncompromising appearance of hash strings acts as a clear signal to the user that checking the transcription is a necessary step in a such a transaction if the latter is to have the best chance of success.

I cannot think of a RL example of your "short codes" but if there is one, it could be mined for approaches to solutions.

Cheers,

Graham
pcmerc

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 07:23:38 PM

Come join us at our new Hirocoin pool:

http://pool.kryptochaos.com

1.5% fees, VARDIFF, STRATUM, MULTIPOOL / MULTICOIN, CLUSTERED!

Registration not required.

Use receive address as username & anything for password.

Multipool uses public key for username.

Dedicated admin & network team

We care about your mining experience!

tempestb

Activity: 729

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 12:51:32 AM

fwiw, I broadly agree - with some reservations:

!. There are namespace issues: - how are we going to differentiate my "MyWallet1" from your "MyWallet1"?

something easier to type like "Mywaller15"

you can just say "Mywallet15"

2. Your quintessentially human (and, from Sod's Law, entirely predictable) error is one rather strong reason why the UI should work to help the user avoid trivial but potentially expensive mistakes - the uncompromising appearance of hash strings acts as a clear signal to the user that checking the transcription is a necessary step in a such a transaction if the latter is to have the best chance of success.

I cannot think of a RL example of your "short codes" but if there is one, it could be mined for approaches to solutions.

Cheers,

Graham

Graham,

You need to interface with a form of registration so that "Mywallet1" always links to the same wallet address.  Just like domain names on the web work now.  If it was all crazy IP addresses mixed with port numbers and website number identifiers then the web would not be very user friendly.  Allowing wallets to be user friendly would be a huge gain, because it's simply not easy to give someone your number, just like it wouldn't be easy to give someone your URL if it wasn't a domain name and instead a hash.  The idea that having to double check the hash number is silly, how many people are REALLY typing in a hash code by hand?  I do it very rarely, it's all copy and paste.  But if you're going to make Cryptocurrency mainstream for everyone to use, they aren't going to get on with these ridiculous unmemorable wallet addresses.  We have to name them inside our wallets, and even that is a burden because since the blockchain doesn't contain the names, you have to name them again on a different wallet (Depends on the wallet.)

We have some folks using wallet names with creative leading characters because they want this ability (For Bitcoin anyway).  A coin would be stronger if it could interface with this kind of feature.  Perhaps some hybrid of how Namecoin works.  No idea... 

Anyway, I'm just tossing out ideas, not expecting them to all stick.  But I think you have to make the coins appealing to the mainstream to make real money and solve problems that people have today with the existing coins that are out there.  Only then can you really have a shot at getting big value for the coin.

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
xwortel

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:48:53 PM

Does anyone know, is there a coin that already support a smart card payment? Like, put smartcart in a reader, insert a 4 digit pin code and make the transfer / payment.
lolwut
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:36:27 AM

https://coinking.io

HIRO: stratum+tcp://us1.coinking.io:6669
   X11 Multipool: stratum+tcp://us1.coinking.io:6666

About COINKING.io
   40+ Coins
   1% Pool Fee
   Custom Coded from the ground up for scalability
   Scrypt, Scrypt-N, X11, SHA256 Support
   Multipools for Scrypt, Scrypt-N, X11, SHA256
   American, European, and Asian stratum servers
   Auto-Convert block rewards to BTC/DOGE/LTC/FLT/VTC/CINNI/DRK/BC/PC
   Dedicated (Single Coin) Mining Ports for every coin
   Email and SMS Alerts for everything!
   SMS (Text Message) Two Factor Auth
   DDoS Protection
   Automated Mining Script Generator for cgminer and cudaminer! (Optimized Settings for many cards)
   Refer other miners and earn 1% on all referrals with our innovative referral system

Support
   URL: https://coinking.io
   Email: admin@coinking.io
   IRC: irc.freenode.net #coinking

.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,

poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 11:52:38 AM

is there a gambling game for hirocoin yet?

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
oknast

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 04:41:46 PM

Maybe it`s time for block halving?
testbug

Activity: 851
Merit: 556

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 10:17:35 PM
Last edit: May 29, 2014, 09:28:13 AM by testbug

pool.poolsofhonor.com
fee: 1.5%
location EU
support

currently online:
x11
Hirocoin

Our pool is running stable so far.

Spread the hash =)
n00bnoxious

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:07:49 AM

We've not put any thought into this as Hiro has pretty strong viewpoints on avoiding the gambling route.... It may be a way to quickly boost usage of the coin, but it's not the most ethical of paths. That may not be his exact opinion, but it is mine. Not stopping anyone making one of course, but we're not planning on any ourselves.
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:55:34 AM

We've not put any thought into this as Hiro has pretty strong viewpoints on avoiding the gambling route.... It may be a way to quickly boost usage of the coin, but it's not the most ethical of paths. That may not be his exact opinion, but it is mine. Not stopping anyone making one of course, but we're not planning on any ourselves.

ok...thanks for the reply!

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
frankkkkkkk

Activity: 594

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:00:19 AM

this is a good coin,but why it can not be hot
HiroS (OP)

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 12:19:46 PM

I'm working on an internal block explorer GUI. Seems like a sensible thing to have as trying to browse the blockchain from the console is not very friendly.  A built in block explorer is the sort of thing that coins should launch with. I did not know when launching Hirocoin that a block explorer is seen as mandatory. With a built in block explorer devs can focus on working on the coin code and not worry about hosting external explorers.

I'm very interested to hear ideas from people. I am now looking to spend the majority of my time on Hirocoin as I intend to raise our profile for when the Scrypt ASICs hit. There is going to be a lot of people pulling funds out of Scrypt coins and I want to be on the investors radar. If anyone has a bright idea that I can develop to put us on the map then please let me hear it.

I must apologise somewhat as after the initial couple of weeks I was not as active as people had wanted and some saw this as a sign that I was not committed as I said I was. In fact I was doing commissioned work to pay the bills. As said I intend to stick with Hirocoin long term and will now be putting more hours into development.

If you do need any support securing or launching your own coin I am your man. I do not view other coins as competition and have an open source ethos to crypto currency which has been mostly lost in this scene due to the involvement of money. For crypto to adapt and evolve then we need diversity of the source code which does mean that we need more people working on the source code like we have been. Bitcoin has to maintain the status quo, alternative crypto currency is where the real innovation is going to happen.

Hirocoin - New unique feature just added. We will be the new home for GPU miners when those Scrypt ASICs hit.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:21:34 PM

If you do need any support securing or launching your own coin I am your man. I do not view other coins as competition and have an open source ethos to crypto currency which has been mostly lost in this scene due to the involvement of money. For crypto to adapt and evolve then we need diversity of the source code which does mean that we need more people working on the source code like we have been. Bitcoin has to maintain the status quo, alternative crypto currency is where the real innovation is going to happen.

wow.. this man is awesome!
Joerii
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 12:58:46 PM

Welcome to the bi-weekly Hirocoin newsletter where we keep you up to date on what is happening in the world of Hirocoin.

Unique Client Feature: Import keys from QR code scanner

Exciting news. Hirocoin has its first unique feature! This feature allows you to import your private key from a personal or promotional paper wallet with QR code. You can import the key using an image on your computer or even your webcam pointing at the paper wallet.

We think that this fact, among others,  shows our commitment to making Hirocoin a first choice for GPU miners.

We look to implement the best features out there and make Hirocoin the most secure and userfriendly cryptocoin out there.

Please take a look at this guide on using the new QR Import feature.

The exodus of GPU miners has begun

Hiro has been saying it for months now: the advent of Scrypt ASICs will change the cryptocurrency mining landscape significantly. It has started. We see an enormous rise of network hashrate of X11 coins.

In the last week our hash rate has grown from 1.5Gh/s to 7Gh/s, and other coins are reporting similar explosive gains. The mining community has spoken: X11 is the new Scrypt. Hirocoin is in an excellent spot right now to take advantage of this. All our infrastructure is in place, our team is growing and we have made strong allies in the marketing field.

New miners

There is a new edition of SGMiner that promises roughly 40% more hash rate than older versions of the software. We have compiled a version for Windows and have hosted and signed it on our website to give you peace of mind. To grab the software or anything else Hirocoin  related that you may need then please visit the downloads page below.

Further good news if you happen to have an NVidia GPU. Please take a look at the latest release of CCMiner which now supports X11, this shows that X11 adoption is increasing at a healthy rate as soon X11 will become very important when Scrypt ASICs rule.

Winner of the Promotion Challenge

Our contest ran for twenty days, and we received some imaginative and cool entries. Nothing came close to beating Altcoin Agent's entry, an animated Hirocoin logo.  He won the grand prize of 103k HIRO. He then uploaded the complete video to which the animated logo only served as an intro!

Hiropool performance: Outstanding

Hiropool, our multipool that's been hand coded by Omar Galal, has been performing wonderfully. For a few days in a row now,  the pool has been 250% more profitable than mining HIRO directly. That's impressive by any standard.

We're also very pleased with the new front end of Hiropool.org. Go take a look! Currently the development department is working on a very nice set of statistics, to make Hiropool an even better experience.

Coindesk mentioned us!

When Coindesk thinks you're important enough to name in an article, you know you're doing something right. We've been recognized as a top X11 coin.

... X11 has slowly gained traction in terms of new coin implementation. Darkcoin, along with Hirocoin and québecoin, are perhaps the most notable examples of X11 coins. Additionally, the algorithm has been integrated by some elements of the multipool community, with several pools offering X11 as a mining option.

... and calling X11 "more advanced" (but we knew that already!)

Current Objectives

Development
Finalize new website     Mihail
Kick off development of the escrow feature in wallet     Xander and Hiro
Add a plethora of useful statistics to Hiropool     Omar & Xander
--
Marketing
Work with Altcoin Agent to create a video  introducing
the new wallet features
     Joeri
--
PR
Keep the community updated on current objectives     Joeri
Create FAQ     Joeri
Gather collaborators for the current
ideas in the thinktank
     Joeri
Redo the opening post in our BTCtalk ANN     Joeri & Mihail
--
Strategic Planning
Have a flowchart made for objectives, goals, etc     Joeri

Merge mining

Our development team leader, n00bsys0p, has recently proposed  to provide a merged mining interface. This will allow other coins to set themselves up to be merge-mined with Hirocoin. Doing so will  strengthen the Hirocoin network while also helping new start up coins avoid the security issues of a low hash rate.

This post on Stack Exchange explains what merge mining is.

The short version is this: a coin can attach its Proof of Work (PoW) algorithm to that of another coin, meaning that both coins can be mined at the same time, without decreasing profitability or causing blockchain issues in the target coin. The target coin would in this case be Hirocoin.

So basically it means that you'll get another coin for free while mining Hirocoin.

Currently we're working on extracting all information required for any new coin to set up auxiliary PoW against Hirocoin, as flexibly as they would like to configure it.

Information will be provided as and when we are certain it is correct and complete.

Feel free to join the discussion in our ANN thread on Bitcointalk.org or on our own forum.

Thanks for reading this issue of Hironews. Make sure to follow us on social media!

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
soundposition

Activity: 322
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 03:08:28 PM

I thought the HiroPool.org would be neat to try, and so I tried to register. When I try and login it says, "Unable to login: Account locked. Please Check your Email for instructions to unlock."

However, when I check my e-mail there isn't any message. I guess your e-mail servers are on the fritz?

Frustrating, because I thought I would give it a good try.

I'm an Operational Support Manager representative of GameCredits
  GameCredits Facebook   GameCredits Twitter   GameCredits G+
n00bnoxious

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 05:31:17 PM

I thought the HiroPool.org would be neat to try, and so I tried to register. When I try and login it says, "Unable to login: Account locked. Please Check your Email for instructions to unlock."

However, when I check my e-mail there isn't any message. I guess your e-mail servers are on the fritz?

Frustrating, because I thought I would give it a good try.

Hey there! I wasn't aware of any issues currently, but I've passed this straight onto Omar, the pool's manager and our PR team leader :-) He'll get you an answer as soon as he is available!

EDIT: He's PM'd you directly to work out what the problem is!
Joerii
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 05:40:03 PM

Yeah, frustrating !

Did you check your spam folder though ? That's where mine ended up the first time.

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
Pages: « 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 »
  Print  

Jump to: