Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 09:19:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 977 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Test Cricket Prediction and Discussion Thread [self - mod]  (Read 126314 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (6 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Haunebu

Activity: 3108
Merit: 972

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 08:51:48 AM

https://www.icc-cricket.com/media-releases/1296025

Woah. 2 freaking years and the final is on June 2021. What in the world? This could actually makes test matches really exciting again in my opinion. Am still stunned to learn this. Whoever lifts the first test World trophy in 2021 will be really proud of themselves.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
JSRAW
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1543

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 10:13:05 AM
Merited by AB de Royse777 (1)

^ Yeah, all formalities and meeting took place in India ,Calcutta last year. overall its very good move from ICC to revive Test Cricket among the test playing nations. having said that i do have some reservation regarding financial setup (digging more) and point-match system.

I don't get why they get no other place to host the Test WC except for England and now I also believe that it's in favor of England.

1. Only Final is schedule in England, Lords -still not final i guess- ( plus home matches for England)
2. Its not in favor of any team - Every team will play same amount of series " 3-3 series away from home and at home"

Also, the format is so confusing. First 5 matches of Aus and Eng on 1st August, then 2 matches of other team and here India and Pakistan are not playing against each other so no cricket tension for both.

3. Total 9 teams are participating in it and current schedule is based on existing bilateral structure where any nation can opt for 6 different opponents. its for every team and India don't want to play against Pakistan in any bilateral series due to political crisis between both countries.

4. 5 match and 2 match scenario is based on Financial terms In my point of view ( Big 3 team Aus, Ind,Eng) playing 5-4 matches against each others because it generate more revenue in comparison of Windies- Pak-SL-Ban-NZ or in some extent SA. ( i don't mind this much because ICC need fuel to run all system otherwise it will crumble)

But still how are they going to decide the winner by having irregular number of matches between 2 teams?

I have some doubt on point table but as far as i understand more matches doesn't mean that you are getting more points.

OFFICIAL
PARTNERS
2022/23
    █ ▄█       ▄▀ ▄▀▀
  █▐▌▌▌▌      ▄▀ █▀▄▀
  ▀█▄▀▌▀▄    ▌█▄███▀
  ▀█▀█▄▀ ▀▄▄▐██▀▄█
    ▀▄███▄▄▀▄▀▌▐▀
  ▄  ▄▀▀█▄▄▀▄▀▄█
   ▀▀████▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▄
 ▄
  ▀▀▀▄▀▀▄█▄█▀ █▀    ▄
▐█▌
       █▄█▄       ▐█▌
▐█▌██▄ ▄▄
▄██▄▄▄ ▄██▐█▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄ ███▀██▀███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▌
 ▀▄█▄
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀ ▄█▄▀
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
    ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄    ▄     █
   ▄███████▄ ▀██▄   █
█  ▄███▄ ▄▄█▄▄███▄  █
  ▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄█▀▄▄▄▄  █
  ▄████ █ ▀ █ ████▄  █
  ▀████ ▄▄▄▄▀  █
█   ▄▀▀▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▀ ▀  █
█  ▀ ▀▀▄██ ██▄▀▀ ▀  █
▀▄ █▀▀▀ █▄█ ▀▀▀█ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀ ▄▀
▀▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
BURNLEY FC
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN   
.PLAY NOW.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 10:29:50 AM

Woah. 2 freaking years and the final is on June 2021. What in the world? This could actually makes test matches really exciting again in my opinion. Am still stunned to learn this. Whoever lifts the first test World trophy in 2021 will be really proud of themselves.
I did not knew that there was a new development to revive test cricket and it is a great initiative by the ICC to have some interest in test matches but two years is a very long time and i am sure everyone wants to win the inaugural test championship as it will be a historic event and did they announce the prize to be distributed to become the test champions. It means that every test match counts and there wont be a dull match even if the series is decided from now on and that is interesting to hear.
Haunebu

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 12:39:08 PM

^ Yeah, all formalities and meeting took place in India ,Calcutta last year. overall its very good move from ICC to revive Test Cricket among the test playing nations. having said that i do have some reservation regarding financial setup (digging more) and point-match system.
Financial setup? What do you mean? Are there some flaws regarding money management in this regard or is it something else? I did hear that ICC might be looking into the boundary count rule to decide winner later on thanks to public outcry.

I did not knew that there was a new development to revive test cricket and it is a great initiative by the ICC to have some interest in test matches but two years is a very long time and i am sure everyone wants to win the inaugural test championship as it will be a historic event and did they announce the prize to be distributed to become the test champions. It means that every test match counts and there wont be a dull match even if the series is decided from now on and that is interesting to hear.
That is the goal. I have never been a test match fan myself, but I will be keeping a close eye on these matches going forward especially concerning my favorite teams(India, Aus etc). Just imagine the odds offered on the outrights for this tournament.

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 01:21:33 PM

That is the goal. I have never been a test match fan myself, but I will be keeping a close eye on these matches going forward especially concerning my favorite teams(India, Aus etc). Just imagine the odds offered on the outrights for this tournament.
So i have a genuine doubt here, since World cup cricket is not shared even when there was a tie even in the super overs and we all know that in test matches there will be a draw as you cannot expect a result in a test match all the time, so if that happens will there be a super over to determine the test champion  Cheesy or whether they will share the test championship. There is even a possibility of a tie in test matches, i know these are very rare but you cannot rule out those situations.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 01:41:54 PM
Merited by AB de Royse777 (1)

Here is a detailed feature about the test championships in Cricinfo

The respective boards will determine whether they will be playing in accordance with the test championship and i am not sure how there can be a fair call if everyone is looking to win the test championship and the example that is cited in the site is the series between New Zealand v England in November which will be played according to the ICC tour program but will not be considered in the world test championship. I am sure it will confuse everyone on how they determine these things, let the journey begins and will understand them better in the future.

Contents are taken from espncricinfo.
AB de Royse777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 3956

Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2019, 01:54:31 PM

Two years long tournament, provably (well it is) the longest tournament in the history but this is exciting. I read the information from JSRAW, eaLiTy and I did some digging on google too. I was not informed until today before seeing a post from Haunebu

27 series, 72 Test Matches
https://www.icc-cricket.com/media-releases/1296025

This tells all.

My understanding is that: It's just some point system for a certain time of period for the bilateral serieses that are scheduled in ICC calendar. Those who will have most points from top two, they will play a final to find a world champion.

In superbru, I could not find any tournament or I was really interested to create a pool. It could be the longest pool every LOL  

Edit: About the value for final, I think a neutral location will be fair. Say England make the top two then playing in England obviously will bring them advantage.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2019, 02:50:45 PM

So i have a genuine doubt here, since World cup cricket is not shared even when there was a tie even in the super overs and we all know that in test matches there will be a draw as you cannot expect a result in a test match all the time, so if that happens will there be a super over to determine the test champion  Cheesy or whether they will share the test championship. There is even a possibility of a tie in test matches, i know these are very rare but you cannot rule out those situations.

I don't think that in case the test match ends in a draw, they'll call for super-over. ICC will be more interested in declaring the winner based on their ridiculous rules (just like the maximum boundary rule they had for the CWC finals). For example, they can declare the team which bowled the least extras as winners. Or it could be the team which contributes the most to the ICC in terms of revenue. You never know these crazy people and the rules they make. Their aim is not to award the match to the team which performed the best.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2019, 03:10:18 PM

Espn has released this information as draw possibilities are higher when it comes to test matches.

If the final ends in a tie or a draw, the two teams will be joint champions. Although the playing conditions allow for a reserve day, it can only be used if net playing time is lost during the scheduled five days of the final. Net playing time for every Test amounts to 30 hours of play (six hours per day).

The reserve day is only going to make it worse as again it will be June 2021 and the finals will be played in UK. Another rain wash. But I am glad they will chose to make both teams joint winners.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/27279509/faqs-happens-world-test-championship-final-ends-draw-tie

JSRAW
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 03:14:36 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2019, 03:42:42 PM by JSRAW

Financial setup? What do you mean? Are there some flaws regarding money management in this regard or is it something else? I did hear that ICC might be looking into the boundary count rule to decide winner later on thanks to public outcry.

Yeah regarding Media rights.

~snip~
So i have a genuine doubt here, since World cup cricket is not shared even when there was a tie even in the super overs and we all know that in test matches there will be a draw as you cannot expect a result in a test match all the time, so if that happens will there be a super over to determine the test champion  Cheesy or whether they will share the test championship. There is even a possibility of a tie in test matches, i know these are very rare but you cannot rule out those situations.

I don't think that in case the test match ends in a draw, they'll call for super-over. ICC will be more interested in declaring the winner based on their ridiculous rules (just like the maximum boundary rule they had for the CWC finals). For example, they can declare the team which bowled the least extras as winners. Or it could be the team which contributes the most to the ICC in terms of revenue. You never know these crazy people and the rules they make. Their aim is not to award the match to the team which performed the best.

@7788bitcoin @Vishnu.Reang

99% chances are that we are not going to see same result in this kind of scenario ever. In case final match ends with the draw then top ranking team in terms of points will get automatically declared as a winner.

Espn has released this information as draw possibilities are higher when it comes to test matches.

If the final ends in a tie or a draw, the two teams will be joint champions. Although the playing conditions allow for a reserve day, it can only be used if net playing time is lost during the scheduled five days of the final. Net playing time for every Test amounts to 30 hours of play (six hours per day).

The reserve day is only going to make it worse as again it will be June 2021 and the finals will be played in UK. Another rain wash. But I am glad they will chose to make both teams joint winners.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/27279509/faqs-happens-world-test-championship-final-ends-draw-tie

erikalui :  Not sure if that's fullproof judgement. If this is from ICC then it could be true but in case its just a speculation from ESPNcricinfo then i am not sure about that because i didn't find any official statement from ICC's representatives so far.

OFFICIAL
PARTNERS
2022/23
    █ ▄█       ▄▀ ▄▀▀
  █▐▌▌▌▌      ▄▀ █▀▄▀
  ▀█▄▀▌▀▄    ▌█▄███▀
  ▀█▀█▄▀ ▀▄▄▐██▀▄█
    ▀▄███▄▄▀▄▀▌▐▀
  ▄  ▄▀▀█▄▄▀▄▀▄█
   ▀▀████▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▄
 ▄
  ▀▀▀▄▀▀▄█▄█▀ █▀    ▄
▐█▌
       █▄█▄       ▐█▌
▐█▌██▄ ▄▄
▄██▄▄▄ ▄██▐█▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄ ███▀██▀███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▌
 ▀▄█▄
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀ ▄█▄▀
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
    ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄    ▄     █
   ▄███████▄ ▀██▄   █
█  ▄███▄ ▄▄█▄▄███▄  █
  ▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄█▀▄▄▄▄  █
  ▄████ █ ▀ █ ████▄  █
  ▀████ ▄▄▄▄▀  █
█   ▄▀▀▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▀ ▀  █
█  ▀ ▀▀▄██ ██▄▀▀ ▀  █
▀▄ █▀▀▀ █▄█ ▀▀▀█ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀ ▄▀
▀▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
BURNLEY FC
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN   
.PLAY NOW.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2019, 04:34:32 PM

^Hope ICC makes it clear as after the result of the ODI finals, all keep asking the same question for the first ever test WC. Declaring both as champions seems more fair else then points will be counted but for me the former one is the best as each team will be able to collect points for each draw which has been the result for max test matches.

ene1980

Activity: 2002
Merit: 535

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 10:11:04 PM

^Hope ICC makes it clear as after the result of the ODI finals, all keep asking the same question for the first ever test WC. Declaring both as champions seems more fair else then points will be counted but for me the former one is the best as each team will be able to collect points for each draw which has been the result for max test matches.
I would like to see a fair resolution for major tournaments and hopefully ICC will not make the same mistake again, i watched a closely contested match in the finals but one team won the world cup because they scored more boundaries is the strangest result you can get. Everyone would have being happy if the world cup was shared, you cannot have a penalty shoot out like in football to determine the winners, but they had the super overs and even then a result could not be achieved.

Test championship is a great concept by the ICC, will it add any other addition interest for test matches is highly doubtful.
Haunebu

View Profile
July 30, 2019, 07:58:01 AM

This would be awesome if ICC actually approves this, but I doubt it knowing how they defend their own bullshit rules despite what the world is saying. Even now, they continue to defend their flawed umpiring errors and despicable boundary count rule.

ICC needs a change in leadership(Preferably a leader who actually listens to the public and gives them what they want) in my opinion.

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
AB de Royse777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2019, 12:42:03 PM

So we have one day left to start the ICC World Test Championship. England is hosting the test between them and Australia and then we will see Sri Lanka vs New Zealand series which will be hosted by Sri Lanka. After that we have West Indies vs India host nation is possibly West Indies.

This will be interesting. The team forms will not be the same in the two long year period of time.

For example West Indies vs India. Anyone can bet that India will win but India in recent time and India after one year may not be the same. May be after one and half year we will see a different West Indies and result will start to change.

Same can be said about Sri Lanka vs New Zealand. The current New Zealand team looks very good but after a year or a year and half may be we will not see a better New Zealand team than Sri Lanka.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Haunebu

View Profile
July 30, 2019, 05:31:17 PM

So we have one day left to start the ICC World Test Championship. England is hosting the test between them and Australia and then we will see Sri Lanka vs New Zealand series which will be hosted by Sri Lanka. After that we have West Indies vs India host nation is possibly West Indies.
Cool. So many interesting tournaments to keep track of. I am mostly interested in the India vs West Indies tournament since I like both these teams personally and it will be interesting to watch how West Indies play against a semi powerful Indian side.

Heard that Gayle has reversed his retirement though I am not completely sure if its true. Hope we get to see him play in the upcoming series.

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
justdimin

Activity: 3052
Merit: 670

View Profile
July 30, 2019, 05:46:36 PM

You people notice about the point system for each test match ?
Maximum of 120 points per match if it will be a only one test match based bilateral series. If it will be a 2 test match series then 60 points for winning that only one test whereas winning a test in a 6 test match series will get that team only 20 points. I guess teams will go for one match series against weak opponents to gain easy 60 points to top the table.

I feel except the scheduled final match, nothing new here as we are already having ranking system and bilateral series are most commonly occurring for any full member country. I want a tournament like how we do ODI world cup.

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Haunebu

View Profile
July 31, 2019, 07:44:35 AM

You people notice about the point system for each test match ?
Maximum of 120 points per match if it will be a only one test match based bilateral series. If it will be a 2 test match series then 60 points for winning that only one test whereas winning a test in a 6 test match series will get that team only 20 points. I guess teams will go for one match series against weak opponents to gain easy 60 points to top the table.

I feel except the scheduled final match, nothing new here as we are already having ranking system and bilateral series are most commonly occurring for any full member country. I want a tournament like how we do ODI world cup.
These rules don't really make a lot of sense. 1 match awards 120 points in a particular setup and another match awards 20 points in another setup. Weird. We will have to see how it all plays out.

This is the 1st World Test Championship which is why we cannot say for sure that the rules are good or bad at the moment. However, I don't have a good feeling about these rules.

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
JSRAW
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2019, 08:07:41 AM

~snip~

Had a quick look at schedule and point system, that's what I don't like it about this Championship.

1. One Team playing 22 test Match and some team playing an only 13-14 match. Point system makes sense in this scenario.

2. Some teams not even playing against stronger opponents - Not balanced if it World Test Championship.-

3. Irregularities in Home and Away matches ( some playing less in home and some playing more) - Point system makes sense in this scenario.

OFFICIAL
PARTNERS
2022/23
    █ ▄█       ▄▀ ▄▀▀
  █▐▌▌▌▌      ▄▀ █▀▄▀
  ▀█▄▀▌▀▄    ▌█▄███▀
  ▀█▀█▄▀ ▀▄▄▐██▀▄█
    ▀▄███▄▄▀▄▀▌▐▀
  ▄  ▄▀▀█▄▄▀▄▀▄█
   ▀▀████▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▄
 ▄
  ▀▀▀▄▀▀▄█▄█▀ █▀    ▄
▐█▌
       █▄█▄       ▐█▌
▐█▌██▄ ▄▄
▄██▄▄▄ ▄██▐█▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄ ███▀██▀███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▌
 ▀▄█▄
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀ ▄█▄▀
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
    ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄    ▄     █
   ▄███████▄ ▀██▄   █
█  ▄███▄ ▄▄█▄▄███▄  █
  ▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄█▀▄▄▄▄  █
  ▄████ █ ▀ █ ████▄  █
  ▀████ ▄▄▄▄▀  █
█   ▄▀▀▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▀ ▀  █
█  ▀ ▀▀▄██ ██▄▀▀ ▀  █
▀▄ █▀▀▀ █▄█ ▀▀▀█ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀ ▄▀
▀▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
BURNLEY FC
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN   
.PLAY NOW.
Best Dreams

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 31, 2019, 09:34:21 AM

This will be interesting. The team forms will not be the same in the two long year period of time.

For example West Indies vs India. Anyone can bet that India will win but India in recent time and India after one year may not be the same. May be after one and half year we will see a different West Indies and result will start to change.

Same can be said about Sri Lanka vs New Zealand. The current New Zealand team looks very good but after a year or a year and half may be we will not see a better New Zealand team than Sri Lanka.
You have given good elaboration of test matches. All the teams included in this test match series are good and Excellency teams but only good and expert team will win at the end. I like Pakistan the most as they play really good and when India comes at  cross then match become really interesting. England and Sri Lanka both are good teams too.
AB de Royse777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2019, 10:26:40 AM

^
I do not think the current Sri Lanka team is a top tier team.

Had a quick look at schedule and point system, that's what I don't like it about this Championship.

1. One Team playing 22 test Match and some team playing an only 13-14 match. Point system makes sense in this scenario.

2. Some teams not even playing against stronger opponents - Not balanced if it World Test Championship.-

3. Irregularities in Home and Away matches ( some playing less in home and some playing more) - Point system makes sense in this scenario.

1. No it does not. Those who playing 13 match, they already lost the points they would be able to manage from the 9 more matches
2. Correct
3. The home team always have advantage in test cricket so yes they will win and get more points.

I think there are not many talks about this things since there are not many people are aware about this test world cup tournament. I am pretty sure about this because a person like me first heard about it only three days ago.

Anyway, it may not be a perfect tournament but it's a start of something new.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 977 »
  Print  

Jump to: