Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 04:46:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [HKC] [SHA-256] 香港 HongKong Coin - A revolution - NEW MARKETS!  (Read 57648 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cryptobuddy

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 06:26:15 AM

This picture shows that I was able to get more than 100 HKC by faucet within 15 mins.

I could get more 100 HKC via faucet within 24 hours if I want!!!!

Provide your IP to the dev, and maybe he will give you a bounty then for finding a bug. That is the point to testing. If you want to say the faucet has problems, it may very well. I just find the idea unique. And I also find troll posts bizarre, especially in giant red letters.

As I do not agree with the way of distribution of 2.5% premined HKC to hong kong people by faucet, I am sorry that I could not help you guys. Good luck!

I hope the developers can answer my questions in my previous posts.

Please also tell us whether the developers are from Hong Kong or not.

If from Hong Kong, I would like to visit them in person to collect the evidence. Then I am happy to post here to tell everybody is that the developers are really from Hong Kong.  

Just tell us the truth.. Developers from Hong Kong or from elsewhere in Mainland China!!!!

P.S. Nothing to feel shameful if the developers are coming from Mainland China. Hong Kong is also a part of China. I think the miners have the right to know where the developers are coming from. Hong Kong or elsewhere in Mainland China.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 06:32:36 AM

As I do not agree with the way of distribution to the HKC to hong kong people by faucet, I am sorry that I could not help you guys. Good luck!

If from Hong Kong, I would like to visit them in person to collect the evidence. Then I am happy to post here to tell everybody is that the developers are really from Hong Kong.  

Just tell us the truth.. Developers from Hong Kong or from elsewhere in Mainland China!!!!

I am not sure what 'guys' you speak of, but just offered a suggestion as to how to get rid of faucet bugs. You do know I am just a regular poster like you, right? I have no idea who the dev is, if in Hong Kong, or whatever. I just found the faucet idea interesting.

Other ideas of how to distribute, from other nation coins, seem to be by national ID. I don't think that really is so feasible. Otherwise... hmm... not sure how to properly distribute. A faucet is as good an idea as any, at least in my opinion.
cryptobuddy

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 06:36:00 AM

As I do not agree with the way of distribution to the HKC to hong kong people by faucet, I am sorry that I could not help you guys. Good luck!

I am not sure what 'guys' you speak of, but just offered a suggestion as to how to get rid of faucet bugs. You do know I am just a regular poster like you, right? I have no idea who the dev is, if in Hong Kong, or whatever. I just found the faucet idea interesting.

Other ideas of how to distribute, from other nation coins, seem to be by national ID. I don't think that really is so feasible. Otherwise... hmm... not sure how to properly distribute. A faucet is as good an idea as any, at least in my opinion.

You sound like a member of the developing team.... Sorry for mistaking you as one of them...  lol

Then.. the developer of HongKongCoin, please answer my questions.. lol
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 06:39:04 AM

You sound like a member of the developing team.... Sorry for mistaking you as one of them...  lol

Then.. the developer of HongKongCoin, please answer my questions.. lol

haha i do not weather the dev come from hongkong...

cryptobuddy

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:07:03 AM

这个币得到香港政府的认可了吗?

没有

This coin does not have any approval from the Hong Kong Government.
worth

Activity: 558
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:15:10 AM

cryptobuddy, I'd like to respectfully point out to you that if you have a problem with the coin and don't want it around, then constantly posting in the thread is only going to raise awareness of it and bring more miners and buyers by pushing it to the top of the forum posts.

So the more you post, even in obnoxious giant red letters, the more free publicity you're bringing the coin.   Just a thought...
cryptobuddy

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:33:11 AM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 08:32:30 AM by cryptobuddy

cryptobuddy, I'd like to respectfully point out to you that if you have a problem with the coin and don't want it around, then constantly posting in the thread is only going to raise awareness of it and bring more miners and buyers by pushing it to the top of the forum posts.

So the more you post, even in obnoxious giant red letters, the more free publicity you're bringing the coin.   Just a thought...

Please don't get me wrong. "Don't want HongKongCoin round"? This is not my agenda. The developers have their freedom.

Being a guy coming from Hong Kong, I am a bit hesitated and feel annoyed after seeing such Hong Kong Coin. I just want to share my understandings with other miners here.

Here are the key problems of HongKongCoin

1) Developing team very likely not coming from HK, I could not see any real and feasible plan to make HKC as a useful cryptocurrency in HK.

2) 2.5% premined coins for HK people .. this is really not enough when distributing to all HK people.. in average only 2 HKC per person in HK.

3) Distribution of 2.5% premined HKC to HK people via faucet. This also means the decentralization is only restricted to people who knows what cryptocurrency is. This is not fair to all other HK people. This is not a real decentralization in Hong Kong.

4) Distribution by faucet is a method full of faults. A lot of coins can be distributed outside HK. Furthermore, this method is IP specific, but not person specific. For those people like me having a good number of IP addresses in hand, I could have multiple 100 HKCs from faucet everyday.

5) No auditing in the faucet method. The distribution of the 2.5% premined coins is not transparent. No one knows how many HKC coins from these 2.5% premined coins will be finally distributed to Hong Kong people or finally are kept by the coin developers.

6) Basically, there is no novelty in this coin, except claiming this coin is Hong Kong affiliated. Unfortunately, it is not so true.

I look forward to feedbacks from the coin developers on my points raised here.

Although my presence seems to be offensive.... in contrast, proper answers of my questions should help to promote the HKC.  Wink
Azeh

Activity: 441

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:32:30 AM

So the more you post, even in obnoxious giant red letters, the more free publicity you're bringing the coin.   Just a thought...

Please don't get me wrong. "Don't want HongKongCoin round"? This is not my agenda. The developers have their freedom.

Being a guy coming from Hong Kong, I am a bit hesitated and feel annoyed after seeing such Hong Kong Coin. I just want to share my understandings with other miners here.

1) Developing team very likely not coming from HK, I could not see any real and feasible plan to make HKC as a useful cryptocurrency in HK.

2) 2.5% premined coins for HK people .. this is really not enough when distributing to all HK people.. in average only 2 HKC per person in HK.

3) Distribution of 2.5% premined HKC to HK people via faucet. This also means the decentralization is only restricted to people who knows what cryptocurrency is. This is not fair to all other HK people. This is not a real decentralization in Hong Kong.

4) Distribution by faucet is a method full of faults. A lot of coins can be distributed outside HK. Furthermore, this method is IP specific, but not person specific. For those people like me having a good number of IP addresses in hand, I could have multiple 100 HKCs from faucet everyday.

5) No auditing in the faucet method. The distribution is not transparent. No one knows how many coins will be finally distributed to Hong Kong people or finally are kept by the coin developers.

6) Basically, there is no novelty in this coin.

So, being a HK native, why don't you try and help?

If HK'ers all pitched in and contributed to this project they could make this coin their own, regardless of whether or not the dev is a HK native or not.

These coins are essentially collaborative efforts from many different people, not just the efforts of a single dev.
cryptobuddy

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:44:05 AM

5) No auditing in the faucet method. The distribution is not transparent. No one knows how many coins will be finally distributed to Hong Kong people or finally are kept by the coin developers.

6) Basically, there is no novelty in this coin, except claiming this coin is Hong Kong affiliated. Unfortunately, it is not so true.

If HK'ers all pitched in and contributed to this project they could make this coin their own, regardless of whether or not the dev is a HK native or not.

These coins are essentially collaborative efforts from many different people, not just the efforts of a single dev.

I totally agreed with you. These coins are essentially collaborative efforts from many different people.

However, it is logically incorrect that one launches something in an inappropriate way, and hope that other people could help to fix it. The dev should have initially recruited a team of representative people, including key cryptocoin players from Hong Kong, such as people from Crypto-trade. Also a well thought plan should have been well prepared before launching.

Cryptocurrency is not something just for fun. It is a serious thing that needs commitment and integrity.  People should NOT just hope to use new altcoins to make money, although many people here are just doing such things.

Once a coin is premined by dev, only the dev can have the information how the premined coins will be used.  I really hope that the HKC dev can show up and answer my questions for this HongKongCoin, especially the auditing issue on the faucet distribution of 2.5% premined coins.
Azeh

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:47:21 AM

I live in China right now and I've been to Hong Kong a few times.

Here are a couple of points I'd like to make.

1) Hong Kong people generally despise Mainland Chinese, but one thing they do not despise is Mainland Chinese money.

2) Hong Kong holds a special appeal to Mainland Chinese.  If given the opportunity, almost any Mainlander would choose to live in Hong Kong.

3) I think everyone (including native HK'ers) are underestimating the appeal of a Hong Kong specific coin to the Mainland Chinese market.  Given the fact that regional coins are all the rage right now, this coin could have massive potential once word gets out and it makes it to a Chinese exchange.

cryptobuddy

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:51:33 AM

1) Hong Kong people generally despise Mainland Chinese, but one thing they do not despise is Mainland Chinese money.

2) Hong Kong holds a special appeal to Mainland Chinese.  If given the opportunity, almost any Mainlander would choose to live in Hong Kong.

3) I think everyone (including native HK'ers) are underestimating the appeal of a Hong Kong specific coin to the Mainland Chinese market.  Given the fact that regional coins are all the rage right now, this coin could have massive potential once word gets out and it makes it to a Chinese exchange.  

Hey, Azeh. Please don't distract the points. It is not a matter of whether Hong Kong people dislike Mainland Chinese or not.

It is a matter of how a HongKongCoin should have been designed for Hong Kong People! Let's focus on the HKC features.

I hope the HKC dev can focus on my questions. If HKC dev could satisfactorily answer my questions and concerns, this will be a good opportunity of HKC dev to promote their coins.
Azeh

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:52:00 AM

I totally agreed with you. These coins are essentially collaborative efforts from many different people.

However, it is logically incorrect that one launches something in an inappropriate way, and hope that other people could help to fix it. The dev should have initially recruited a team of representative people, including key cryptocoin players from Hong Kong, such as people from Crypto-trade. Also a well thought plan should have been well prepared before launching.

Cryptocurrency is not something just for fun. It is a serious thing that needs commitment and integrity.  People should NOT just hope to use new altcoins to make money, although many people here are just doing such things.

Once a coin is premined by dev, only the dev can have the information how the premined coins will be used.  I really hope that the HKC dev can show up and answer my questions for this HongKongCoin, especially the auditing issue on the faucet distribution of 2.5% premined coins.

Agreed.  If some of the flaws you point out can be fixed and the Dev is open to suggestions and collaboration, then I see no reason why this coin can't succeed.  If this is true, then I also see no reason why native HK'ers can't get on board and adopt the coin as their own.
Azeh

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:55:38 AM

Hey, Azeh. Please don't distract the points. It is not a matter of whether Hong Kong people dislike Mainland Chinese or lot.

It is a matter of how a HongKongCoin should have been designed for Hong Kong People! Let's focus on the HKC features. I hope the HKC dev can focus on my questions. If HKC dev could satisfactorily answer my questions and concerns, HKC may be useful.

Yes, sorry for getting away from the HKC features.  I agree, ultimately the coins success depends on whether or not the dev is truly open to suggestions and working with the community to solve any problems.

I was only pointing out some observations I've made from my time and China and Hong Kong.  

cryptobuddy

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:56:59 AM

Agreed.  If some of the flaws you point out can be fixed and the Dev is open to suggestions and collaboration, then I see no reason why this coin can't succeed.  If this is true, then I also see no reason why native HK'ers can't get on board and adopt the coin as their own.

Agreed. HKC dev, please show up to address my questions and concerns.
kelvinliong

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:08:23 AM

The dev is diving deeply. Please be patient.

Let's color the MOON: YENui1eF9LuVpZiTdp8Vf4G77cgnnkDDTD
loktang1125

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:39:38 AM

cryptobuddy

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:04:44 AM

2046 Movie poster

Hey HK friend, why posted this 2046 movie poster?  I may know your hidden meanings, but foreigners may not understand.. lol  Tongue
cryptobuddy

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:11:00 AM

5) No auditing in the faucet method. The distribution of the 2.5% premined coins is not transparent. No one knows how many HKC coins from these 2.5% premined coins will be finally distributed to Hong Kong people or finally are kept by the coin developers.

Although my presence seems to be offensive.... in contrast, proper answers of my questions should help to promote the HKC.
  Grin
divlyfein

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:20:56 AM

2046 Movie Poster

Man I loved this movie. And In the Mood for Love. Still have yet to see Days of Being Wild though.

Going to watch again for the honor of HKC. Cheesy
cryptobuddy

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:23:53 AM

Although my presence seems to be offensive.... in contrast, proper answers of my questions should help to promote the HKC.

HKC Dev please show up and answer my questions and concerns. Furthermore, please tell us whether there are any representatives from HK in the HKC dev team.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: