Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:36:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PoS] Edgecoin - Marketplace - Gambling - Advanced Wallet - 15hrs IPO stage 1  (Read 37164 times)
Din (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:02:03 AM

The video revolving around mining/trading is actually approaching. Expect some updates within the next 48 hours.

Thank you Smiley
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:12:08 AM

lol no fuck you you are not telling me how I express my opinion about you fucking scammers. You and all the other IPO scammers (name one that wasnt a scam) destroy the cryptocoin community with your shit. GTFO

Use trust button bellow his name to give him negative trust rating then eventualy PM owner of this forum and complain about all this shits, thanks!

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
Din (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:21:35 AM

lol no fuck you you are not telling me how I express my opinion about you fucking scammers. You and all the other IPO scammers (name one that wasnt a scam) destroy the cryptocoin community with your shit. GTFO

Use trust button bellow his name to give him negative trust rating then eventualy PM owner of this forum and complain about all this shits, thanks!

If you feel that this is the appropriate response, you're welcome to do so.
Din (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:37:48 AM

Just got a new investor but no email..

Send an email to edgecoin@gmail.com

Here's half of the TXID
aab06ff25dc9a539ca6f5e8936e909a8
chocobo

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:48:33 AM

I just read this whole thread and I am not understanding the scam outrage that takes up the majority of the 10 pages. It isn't different than any other IPO. IPO's always have a chance of being a scam and that should be factored into your decision before investing. Be ready to risk it, as you should be with ANY altcoin.

If you are worried there are two things you can do. First choice is just wait till it launches (if it does) and then mine it. Perfectly safe. Second option is to not invest until the 27th, giving the devs time to prove the case for edgecoin and that it is real, then invest or don't. That's what I will be doing.

I also recommend ditching the cryptsy trading all that does is add more possible bugs/security risks to trading. I would also love to see a beta launch.
binaryclock

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 04:08:39 AM

EDGE.DEDICATEDPOOL.COM

Mining Information

• Custom stratum/mpos environment
  • Vardiff enabled
  • PPNLS payout system
  • Everything is transparent - blocks, donations, fees.

Server Infrastructure

• SIX(6) SERVERS IN CLUSTER
  • DDoS level 7 cloudflare, 5 and 3 stratum, and level at 1 switch level
  • 8 Core servers, 256GB DDR3 RAM, RAID 10 SSD
  • Ramdisks, memcaches, to make things go extremely quick

DEDICATEDPOOL.COM
Din (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:33:00 AM

I just read this whole thread and I am not understanding the scam outrage that takes up the majority of the 10 pages. It isn't different than any other IPO. IPO's always have a chance of being a scam and that should be factored into your decision before investing. Be ready to risk it, as you should be with ANY altcoin.

If you are worried there are two things you can do. First choice is just wait till it launches (if it does) and then mine it. Perfectly safe. Second option is to not invest until the 27th, giving the devs time to prove the case for edgecoin and that it is real, then invest or don't. That's what I will be doing.

I also recommend ditching the cryptsy trading all that does is add more possible bugs/security risks to trading. I would also love to see a beta launch.

Haters will hate regardless. About the trading thing, just don't use it if you don't feel safe.
Din (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:08:25 AM

Less than 1.5 days and Edgecoin has already pulled 12 investors, 12 risk takers with a vision.

The investor list will be updated tomorrow (in the next 12 hours).

I want to thank you all again Smiley

Great to see support from a big pool too!

https://i.imgur.com/9g7fPLN.png

EDGE.DEDICATEDPOOL.COM

Mining Information

• Custom stratum/mpos environment
  • Vardiff enabled
  • PPNLS payout system
  • Everything is transparent - blocks, donations, fees.

Server Infrastructure

• SIX(6) SERVERS IN CLUSTER
  • DDoS level 7 cloudflare, 5 and 3 stratum, and level at 1 switch level
  • 8 Core servers, 256GB DDR3 RAM, RAID 10 SSD
  • Ramdisks, memcaches, to make things go extremely quick

merockstar

Activity: 203

BTS: merockstar420

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:12:52 AM

I'm sorry for the circumstances. I'll tell you what, if we manage to make enough during the final days of stage 1 we'll likely be financially stable enough to allow 1-2 days of Escrow payments within stage 1

Question about this: Does this mean the escrow can hold those funds until after the end of stage 1, or must escrow be released before stage 1 ends?

If before, then that defeats the whole purpose, no? I ask because you previously insinuated that escrow would have to be released before the end of stage 1. Will you please clarify?
Din (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:14:35 AM

I'm sorry for the circumstances. I'll tell you what, if we manage to make enough during the final days of stage 1 we'll likely be financially stable enough to allow 1-2 days of Escrow payments within stage 1

Question about this: Does this mean the escrow can hold those funds until after the end of stage 1, or must escrow be released before stage 1 ends?

If before, then that defeats the whole purpose, no? I ask because you previously insinuated that escrow would have to be released before the end of stage 1. Will you please clarify?

The future escrow arrangement implies a post-launch fund release.

As you would probably put it, the logical escrow way.
Jherek

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:33:07 AM

I just read this whole thread and I am not understanding the scam outrage that takes up the majority of the 10 pages. It isn't different than any other IPO.

Right, this is the same as any other coin with IPO.

IPO in coins is the most blatant expression of human stupidity in the cryptomarket.
Someone pays money for something that has not even been released let alone showed working (many IPO-Coins failed at launch for various reasons), to some guy on the internet who made a posting in a forum. Someone really gives money to THIS? Go figure!
If people invested that money in poker, they'd been on a safer boat. Just for poker, one needs some little remains of sense to play it right and proper...

The reason why expecially I am against IPO have been expressed so often in many of these coin threads, that all have come out as failure and devs running off with the money. Coin creators promise heaven and earth and we have a flood of shitcoins, failures and scam in here. As much as I explained, why a successful coin with a good maintainer and a good community neither needs premine nor IPO.

This is the easiest way for scammers to get much money (up to ten times of average annually income) for work that needs less than a few days cloning open source code if at all. In the end, it destroys trust and enthusiasm in the crypto community and it needs to stop! Less than a year ago, even premine was frown upon, today scammers don't even need to release a coin to collect money for literally nothing. Today they proclaim IPO programms and everyone throws their few BTC at them.
arandy

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:07:39 AM

Al bashing aside a coin with it's own marketplace that mints directly in your wallet while still being able to daytrade would be the BOM!
I really hope this takes off.
Jherek

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:15:44 AM

Al bashing aside a coin with it's own marketplace that mints directly in your wallet while still being able to daytrade would be the BOM!

Like credits? Like gpucoin? Like mint?
arandy

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:35:35 AM
Last edit: March 20, 2014, 10:47:19 AM by arandy

Nope i mean directly in your own wallet. Right now if you want to trade coins you have to put them in the wallet of an exchange, the exchange keeps your minted POS and autosells them. Because of that prices stay low.

It's not something they promised yet but do this and you would have something really special. Would be a good upgrade after launch.
Jherek

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:46:05 PM

Nope i mean directly in your own wallet. Right now if you want to trade coins you have to put them in the wallet of an exchange, the exchange keeps your minted POS and autosells them. Because of that prices stay low.

It's not something they promised yet but do this and you would have something really special. Would be a good upgrade after launch.

That's not how PoS works. PoS can only work from your client.
The marketplace in the client screenshot is nothing but a cryptsy API, you still need the coins there on cryptsy wallet. And if you constantly withdraw from the exchange as soon as a trade happened, you constantly pay fees and your PoS never comes in because the coins that return from exchange are new and need to mature for PoS, so as long as you trade you get no PoS but the exchange gets constant fees.
No exchange would trade your coin that you have not sent to them earlier, therefore they will always have a hotwallet with coins in it and they will get the PoS.
TheMightyX

Activity: 350

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:45:22 PM

I just read this whole thread and I am not understanding the scam outrage that takes up the majority of the 10 pages. It isn't different than any other IPO.

This is not the same at all. Chocobo you should be ashamed of yourself. I would hope someone with your activity would be a little more knowledgeable about these things. The fact that you would even equate this as the same as any IPO is negligent and irresponsible.

If you read the site, my posts or some of the other members complaints the IPO escrow must be released EARLY. There is no clearly defined reason for this, only citing "overhead costs" which makes no sense whether the funds are released one day before the product is released, or one day after.

So if you are payed thursday its ok, but if you are payed friday, you might as well pack everything up, shows over, can't continue? Give me a fucking break. How is this not a big giant red flag to you?

Saying "if you don't like it, don't invest" is a fucking cop out. If we see something thats wrong we have a responsibility to do something about it. Not just sit around and let less-knowledgeable people get scammed.

Yes, there are many IPOs, but those fair IPOs that use escrow operate on the common principle of reducing risk to the investors. If the "developer" has no product or doesn't deliver that product they get their money back. There is no benefit to using this escrow. If he has no product or doesn't deliver, THEY CAN'T GET THEIR MONEY BACK.
You are a fucking chump for suggesting this is the same as any other IPO.

The point of escrow is to protect yourself from fraud. This escrow does NOT protect you from anything because it still allows the developer to take the funds and give nothing in return.

People are gonna keep getting scammed until we take a stance and say "No, its not ok to operate like this".
This community is a fucking joke because people like you sit around and do nothing.
Stop being part of the fucking problem and start being part of the fucking solution.

If we demand that all IPO's use escrow from now on, there is little to no trouble for legitimate projects and it would deter ALL fraudulent projects.
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1121

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:54:24 PM

LOL a scam again.

Hey damn noobs, it is simple :

No escrow = No money back

bumblebee33

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:14:10 PM

If you like the features of this coin, but don't like IPO - then why don't you check out ZEIT coin. ZEIT is also a PoS coin, with 25% interest per year. Currently it is in it's third week of 6 weeks of mining.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=487814.0

Din (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:20:07 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2014, 04:34:49 PM by Din

IPO in coins is the most blatant expression of human stupidity in the cryptomarket.
Someone pays money for something that has not even been released let alone showed working (many IPO-Coins failed at launch for various reasons), to some guy on the internet who made a posting in a forum. Someone really gives money to THIS? Go figure!
If people invested that money in poker, they'd been on a safer boat. Just for poker, one needs some little remains of sense to play it right and proper...

The reason why expecially I am against IPO have been expressed so often in many of these coin threads, that all have come out as failure and devs running off with the money. Coin creators promise heaven and earth and we have a flood of shitcoins, failures and scam in here. As much as I explained, why a successful coin with a good maintainer and a good community neither needs premine nor IPO.

This is the easiest way for scammers to get much money (up to ten times of average annually income) for work that needs less than a few days cloning open source code if at all. In the end, it destroys trust and enthusiasm in the crypto community and it needs to stop! Less than a year ago, even premine was frown upon, today scammers don't even need to release a coin to collect money for literally nothing. Today they proclaim IPO programms and everyone throws their few BTC at them.

You made some very strong points and I definitely agree that people need to weigh the potential of loss/gain.

If you like the features of this coin, but don't like IPO - then why don't you check out ZEIT coin. ZEIT is also a PoS coin, with 25% interest per year. Currently it is in it's third week of 6 weeks of mining.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=487814.0

Mintcoin, peercoin, and ultracoin are also "PoS" coins. This isn't where you shill your "awesome" new coin.

LOL a scam again.

Hey damn noobs, it is simple :

No escrow = No money back

That's a good point! Check this out.
http://edgecoin.info/invest.html

Thanks for the question

@TheMightyX

Make your own coin, implement new advances, see how much of a time and money investment you and your team have to make just to have it operational. Make sure it has no premine or IPO either.
merockstar

Activity: 203

BTS: merockstar420

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:46:47 PM

The future escrow arrangement implies a post-launch fund release.

As you would probably put it, the logical escrow way.

hey guys, he's saying the last two days before stage 1 ends the escrow doesn't release until AFTER the client is released...

maybe this is legitimate...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: