Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:33:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 725 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spondoolies-Tech - carrier grade, data center ready mining rigs  (Read 1260002 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 08:11:11 PM

General question on forum / thread etiquette. It's new to me, so I'm asking.
Let's say some users are clearly competitors trolls. Should I call them out or not ?

The question doesn't refer to the post above

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 08:16:36 PM

Let's say some users are clearly competitors trolls. Should I call them out or not ?

Depends on what you mean by calling them out.

If a competitor/troll says something untrue about your company you should feel free to correct him.

If it is opinionated or something not factual (like who will ship preorders first) I would ignore it.
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 08:21:44 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2014, 08:32:31 PM by Spondoolies-Tech

Depends on what you mean by calling them out.

If a competitor/troll says something untrue about your company you should feel free to correct him.

If it is opinionated or something not factual (like who will ship preorders first) I would ignore it.
Thank you.
Is it ok to describe a simple technique to find out who are probably the trolls ?

Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 08:29:48 PM

unicorn machines
http://www.butterflylabs.com/monarch/

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 08:38:26 PM

PRE-ORDER model that funds development ...
RockerBox ASIC (our 2nd gen ASIC inside SP30) development wasn't funded from pre-orders.

Money is fungible. If you taking pre-order money for something that doesn't exist yet then by definition the pre-orders are funding (in part at least) development.

If you have adequate VC funding to absorb the risk of getting to shipment, you can demonstrate this convincingly even with a pre-order shipping queue model by only taking a small deposit up front and the rest upon shipment.

raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 08:39:58 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2014, 08:56:57 PM by raskul

to summise - people; you keep mentioning other hardware manufacturers and prodding sp with a pointy stick.
Please can you take those conversations to the relevant threads.

thanks.

WTF? All YOU have been doing lately is going around into other hardware threads and spamming Spondoolies-Tech.

Hashfast Thread:
for those of us who have cash tied up in preorders, including hashfast, spondoolies-tech are offering 10% discount.
i've ordered a small rig from them and just needed to send them proof of my refund request.
my babyjet should have been hashing by now, just glad to have another option to allow me to keep mining.

Blackarrow Thread:
guys, our x3's aren't gonna be worth 0.01btc per week...
http://www.spondoolies-tech.com/products/3-x-sp30-yukon-august-batch

just saying.  Lips sealed

KnC Thread:
forget KnC hardware and forget the datorhall... WTF?...
YOU CAN HAVE YOUR OWN FARM
astounding... to think, if enough people buy into this, hashrate is gonna spread. collectively we could put that knc d/c in the lower echelons of mining farms.
i'm off to the bank, it's my duty.

Interent Formus: a disease of the fingers where the brain is so preoccupied with the investigations of something which is totally irrelevant to your real life that the 'interent formus' becomes a "proper pain in the arse" - relevant to only yourself, so much that nobody gives a flying fuck about your 'investigations and your opinions. elaboration: opinons are like assholes.

BIFFA. you have Interent Formus. please seek professional help.

ps. thanks for sharing your problems, i am sure that you feel better.

ADD: I am going to defend this company tothe hilt because I know for a fact that they are the best that we have, and will ever see.
a lot of us have been screwed over with preorders (myself included) but I am not going to hold it against a viable company because of others past mistakes.
ELA: I have made mistakes to the tune of tens of thousands of pounds - to hold it against a new company trying to do their best in this industry is just vile and vindictive. Some folks won't ever see a good thing, because of their own mistakes, and blame others. Spondoolies-tech had no play in your order from Hashfast, or your order from KnC, Cointerra or the shite rigs you received from bitmain recently, but now they come along and offer your some compensation (which your own purchase company has never).. you begin a tirade of poison against them.

hey, it's your loss. I'm gonna keep mining, with stable rigs from a viable company,

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
JWU42
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 08:57:58 PM

Wow - lots of fun I missed today but some good dialogue as well...

The SP30 should be in a 4U form factor...

jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 09:08:20 PM

I may have been quoted on the BFL sales page, but I have not pre-ordered anything from BFL since I received my last order, monarch or otherwise.

I don't believe any hardware manufacturer should be in the 100% paid upfront pre-order business. If they are, I am not doing business with them.

If I am shilling for anyone, it would be Bitmain!  Wink

adam3us

Activity: 404
Merit: 359

in bitcoin we trust

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 09:14:39 PM

Aha I get it.  Guy at bottom, photo & username matches someone on this thread Smiley

Personally I am out about $5k to butterfly for the monarch, which started as an order for 2x 25GH asics, and upgraded when they blew past that delivery date.

Adam

(disclaimer I am a crypto consultant to spondoolies)

hashcash, committed transactions, homomorphic values, blind kdf; researching decentralization, scalability and fungibility/anonymity
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 09:21:54 PM

Calling them out won't do anything except start a small war and boost this thread page count. Your best choice is to let mods remove the offtopic replies imo.

Wow - lots of fun I missed today but some good dialogue as well...

The SP30 should be in a 4U form factor...

Why?

raskul

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 09:26:37 PM

Calling them out won't do anything except start a small war and boost this thread page count. Your best choice is to let mods remove the offtopic replies imo.

i think it's irrelevant, but you know that already. we have a public forum where each are free to speak our minds. some of us speak with one toingue, some of us speak with another, this does not mean we should be speaking in different tongues.

"spread the hash-power", is the tongue in which I speak.

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 09:30:06 PM

I may have been quoted on the BFL sales page, but I have not pre-ordered anything from BFL since I received my last order, monarch or otherwise.

I don't believe any hardware manufacturer should be in the 100% paid upfront pre-order business. If they are, I am not doing business with them.

If I am shilling for anyone, it would be Bitmain!  Wink

Nice arrangement of words. Tard Josh did his job good. You didn't pre-ordered anything from BFL since you receiver your last order(read "last pre-order). Ok, but you DID pre-order stuff in your lifetime. What's different now? Why was ok last time and it's not ok now?

Quote taken from http://www.butterflylabs.com/monarch/ by gigavps(quoted for tardness) :
means that they will be hard to beat moving forward

Yes missing their own deadline by 7 months(now) makes them so hard to beat... (source: https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/4414-monarch-information.html)

raskul

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 09:32:08 PM

If I am shilling for anyone, it would be Bitmain!  Wink

Nice arrangement of words. Tard Josh did his job good. You didn't pre-ordered anything from BFL since you receiver your last order(read "last pre-order). Ok, but you DID pre-order stuff in your lifetime. What's different now? Why was ok last time and it's not ok now?

have your 'community' firmware ready. i've put a pre-order in with my granny and she says she'll have my asics ready in may.  Cheesy
just because you have the money, does no way imply that you have ANY sense.

jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 09:43:11 PM

What's different now? Why was ok last time and it's not ok now?

gig, hope you dont mind if i take this one.

what is different now?

1.  We have been through HF, CoinTerra, KNC
2.  Bitmain has miners in stock!!!

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
raskul

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 09:46:16 PM

What's different now? Why was ok last time and it's not ok now?

gig, hope you dont mind if i take this one.

what is different now?

1.  We have been through HF, CoinTerra, KNC
2.  Bitmain has miners lego bricks which need building in stock!!!

^^ fixed it for ya  Wink

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 09:56:15 PM

Ok, but you DID pre-order stuff in your lifetime. What's different now? Why was ok last time and it's not ok now?

I'm not the guy you were replying to, but speaking as someone who preordered (once) from BFL, all I have to say is learning from experience.

I won't be doing it again any time soon.
Powell

Activity: 486
Merit: 262

rm -rf stupidity

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:04:26 PM

What Bitmain product that can compete with this is in stock and shipping today?  S2 has no info on a batch 3 as to when they will be able to be bought or shipped.  There are MANY who have had problems out of the box that were not the result to shipping damage.  Hopefully the batch 2 customers are on a better boat.

They have plenty to fix before the S2 past batch 2 will be flooding the market.  So please STFU!
bitcoinm3ster

Activity: 409
Merit: 10

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:09:22 PM

Anybody received and is mining with a Spondoolier already??

vpn1

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:14:54 PM

Someone in the marketing dept. is obviously on the ball concocting all these creative different packages. All they need to do is put on their thinking cap (יאַרמולקע8 ?)  Cool and tailor make a package for the little people e.g.

1. non-preorder 10, 15, 25,30% non refundable down payment balance on  delivery, refundable if failure to deliver in at 'x' time.

2. Construct something to that effect, even if the price is a little higher those that worry about it wouldn't mind. Or make them feel better, pre-order goods are 5 or 10% cheaper. There does seem to be a market for non 100% upfront for months buyers. Just work the numbers. Main thing is to ensure you are not dealing with tire kickers and speculators or worse "loosers". Make sure they are serious hence non refundable down payment. (but refundable if failure to ship at the expected time). It cost money to move money Nearly 50 dollars for TT no way should the manufacturer absorb this if a buyer decides after a certain time, that they really cannot afford to close the deal and requests a refund.

3. At this stage of the game I think this is key: no chance in hell anyone will be able to buy anything ex-stock. If an attempt to stockpile even 100 units took place, the instant it is announced 1 party will swoop in and buy it all up lock stock and barrel. And then what? Will the whiners come out and complain but you did not give us a chance to buy ex-stock. So now what? Should the manufacturer apportion their stock  to accommodate each of you in the off chance you will actually buy it?  LOL @ that.

I do believe something could be constructed for the handful of those not wishing to put everything up front for such a long period and I do believe the manufacturer does not need their funds to manufacturer these goods. Set an appropriate price for such a scheme to cover banking returns of finance, make the deposit non refundable unless there is a delay. Make it less (or more) palatable for either type of buyer as has been going on package 1 this + plus that+ plus  whatever @ pre order price if you pay now and wait vs. buyers with deposit only get only this 1 item @ 5% premium.

It's all just numbers. Something for sure can be worked out.

Just ask the crow here; what premium would you pay for deposit down only and what discount would you pay for funds up front.

Hell go even further and offer the pre-order crowd the cost of the interest for 4 or 5 months you are holding onto their money, will be deducted from the balance owned at time of delivery. Just show good faith.

100 x 1 ways to solve this.
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:15:53 PM

If I am shilling for anyone, it would be Bitmain!  Wink

BS, you wont need to get refund because Joshie will hook you up with his Mornach when its ready and fck other ordinary customers. We all know how it went with the Singles.

Did Joshie tell you to come in here?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 725 »
  Print  

Jump to: