Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:17:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source  (Read 748200 times)
ReRunRod

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 11:16:25 PM

This coin needs it's own Reddit thread to start it off.
Also, maybe a faucet for those that can't get there hands on big amounts.

Just throwing some ideas up Smiley
Seems somebody already took it Smiley

Wink

You're welcome!

Do I get credit? Cheesy
Hyperphrenia

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 11:18:18 PM

On a separate note, if anyone is interested in setting up a foundation or committee, take a look at Bitcoin Plus's page.  I kind of like their structure and their governing body.  

They have a voting system set up to allow every member vote for any issue.

===================================

From Bitcoin Plus:

Due to their early commitment and risk, people who own a large stake in XBC will have a greater say than the general forum since they have the most to lose. Therefore, the XBC Committee will be established to aid the future development of BitcoinPlus. Committee members will receive 10 private votes on every topic put to a vote. No action will be taken unless there is a clear majority. In addition, once an XBC forum/exchange is developed, a committee member will automatically qualify for moderator status. Issues raised by Committee members will be taken very seriously and resolved expeditiously.

Criteria: Each Committee member is required to hold 1% or more of all XBC in current supply. Since the reduction of the XBC coin cap, we will review the ownership stake to officially verify our Committee members.

ShareCoin - Sdu7EV9VDvXthaqW1V7nDQzny46Cskc5Fj
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 11:23:28 PM

is required to hold 1% or more of all XBC in current supply

who are those people?

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 11:26:39 PM

On a separate note, if anyone is interested in setting up a foundation or committee, take a look at Bitcoin Plus's page.  I kind of like their structure and their governing body.  

We can't even find a head of marketing committee Smiley It'll be a good start. We can discuss everything in PM/e-mail/closed IRC/whatever, it's not important. First of all we need someone to handle the fund and a couple of million coins for a start.

ReRunRod

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 11:28:28 PM

We can't even find a head of marketing committee Smiley It'll be a good start. We can discuss everything in PM/e-mail/closed IRC/whatever, it's not important. First of all we need someone to handle the fund and a couple of million coins for a start.

I can try to help as much as I can. I have a full time job and a family to take care of..Time is limited sometimes. But, I can try to help the best I can!
Hyperphrenia

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 11:30:11 PM

who are those people?

Check out BitcoinPlus's page - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=549485.0

I believe BitcoinPlus's shares were distributed via IPO a few weeks ago. So I'd say the members are mostly made out of the initial stakeholders/investors.

If we want to follow their example and set up a committee/foundation in this fashion, we'll need Qora dev as a neutral 3rd party to verify our identities (just to verify that we're account holders).

Another thing is, we can distribute votes according to how much we donate to the marketing/dev funds. In other words, the more a person donates to marketing/dev funds, the more votes/say he gets.

I'm just throwing out ideas...

Hyperphrenia

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 11:31:28 PM

How about contacting Anon or one of the reputable escrow guys and have them hold the funds for us?

Or how about qora dev? We can trust him right??  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin

Hyperphrenia

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 11:34:42 PM

It's a good start.

We already have an IRC chatroom and a forum/message board from edy_ill...

Email is another option too.  Time to get the ball rolling and get the discussion going...

Is it possible to ask the dev to update the first page to include all the new information & resources?

(twitter account from you, IRC chatroom, messageboard... etc)

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 11:38:22 PM

who are those people?
Check out BitcoinPlus's page - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=549485.0

Ah, ok! I though 1% of Bitcoin — 127'950 BTC Smiley

How about contacting Anon or one of the reputable escrow guys and have them hold the funds for us?

Or how about qora dev? We can trust him right??  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin

It's not a problem to find where to hold money. I'm talking about planning/posting/sending... you know, handling stuff.

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 11:39:38 PM

It's a good start.

Email is another option too.  Time to get the ball rolling and get the discussion going...

Is it possible to ask the dev to update the first page to include all the new information & resources?

Everything is possible but we need someone to keep records, talk to people, organize everything.

Hyperphrenia

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 11:44:45 PM

Okay, first thing first.. Can we agree that foundation or committee members should only consist of people who are initial stakeholders (people who have bought into IPO), or do you think we should expand and include some of the bigger early adopters? (people who hold at least 10 Million qora for instance?)

This is my proposal and what I'm thinking we should do -

1. Set up a marketing & development fund first (they don't have to be separate accounts).
2. Set up a core team consisting of community organizer, marketing director, treasurer/secretary. They will be paid out of the marketing fund.
3. The marketing director cannot remain anonymous, and we can pick someone outside of crypto community. He is responsible for releasing regular press release (via PRWEB for instance), talking to potential partners.. etc
4. community organizer is responsible for handling information flow (twitter, facebook), and promoting usage of qora through social networking and other activities.
5. treasurer - keeping records all the expenditure (bascially every outgoing transaction from marketing fund needs to be recorded).

=============================================

Roadmap -

1. Set up a foundation/committee and hold the first meeting.  We should have an election that would elect members to various positions inside the governing body.
2. Start a hiring process -- compile a list and scouting for potential candidates to fill the marketing director position. This should probably be a paid position. This person would work closely with the head of committee and qora dev.
3. Have a roadmap and a list of goals set up. We will need to follow this guideline as we continue. 

It's a good start.

Everything is possible but we need someone to keep records, talk to people, organize everything.

PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 11:52:30 PM

Guys i used my seed to recover the wallet but the wallet address with my coins in it is not restored.

I deleted it and restored again but chose 20 addresses and it is not there either hmmm

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

agran

Activity: 910

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 11:52:52 PM

LOL.. Sorry I just can't resist posting this.

Why would you do that when he's already the holder of the biggest account?

Yes, it is. It's worth noting that I'm on my wallets in the past kept a large sum, which belongs to my friend.

QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | QTz6fSV2VNc2wjwwsw57kwQzgQhmGw5idQ
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 11:54:53 PM

Guys i used my seed to recover the wallet but the wallet address with my coins in it is not restored.

I deleted it and restored again but chose 20 addresses and it is not there either hmmm

maybe you enter a spacebar too? Be careful!

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 11:56:43 PM

It's a good start.

Okay, first thing first.. Can we agree that foundation or committee members should only consist of people who are initial stakeholders (people who have bought into IPO), or do you think we should expand and include some of the bigger early adopters? (people who hold at least 10 Million qora for instance?)
This is my proposal and what I'm thinking we should do -
1. Set up a marketing & development fund first (they don't have to be separate accounts).
2. Set up a core team consisting of community organizer, marketing director, treasurer/secretary. They will be paid out of the marketing fund.
3. The marketing director cannot remain anonymous, and we can pick someone outside of crypto community. He is responsible for releasing regular press release (via PRWEB for instance), talking to potential partners.. etc

Anybody of course. If someone holds Qora he's definitely our man.

1. I don't think so. Development is under Qora's supervision. He'll tell us when he's happy with the client and ready to develop mobile client and other things. Till that time we can focus on marketing. Let's say we have 2M coins and I hold them. I also pledge 1M to the head of the committee, because he shouldn't do it for free. So stage one is over  Smiley

2. I pledged 2M so I'm a treasurer untill the fund is empty. Then we can find a new one.

3. Plus he should be pro in marketing. For example I have no idea what news websites are popular or even if there are any. How much we should pay for an article on which website. They all look the same to me so I can't say if there are 10 readers per day or 10'000. Then all that social stuff: twitter/facebook/reddit etc.

So basically what we need is one person to head the committee. Experienced person like salsacz. Anybody wants this job?

Hyperphrenia

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 11:57:49 PM

All hail King of Russia!  Cheesy Grin

Sorry, I was just being funny and didn't mean to rat you out.  Smiley I was really impressed with your accounts though.

No offense intended.  Smiley

LOL.. Sorry I just can't resist posting this.

Why would you do that when he's already the holder of the biggest account?

Yes, it is. It's worth noting that I'm on my wallets in the past kept a large sum, which belongs to my friend.

PondSea
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 12:03:16 AM

maybe you enter a spacebar too? Be careful!

No space. I have v3 running on a laptop and that has my address there.

I updated to v5 on another server and cant restore on that. This is a little worrysom. I could send it to the other address but that shouldnt be needed.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

ReRunRod

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 12:07:01 AM

Just click New Account until it appears.

I don't show a address for my coin at all.. I hit NEW ACCOUNT and this is what CMD comes up with..

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Hyperphrenia

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 12:08:17 AM

1. Okay, we skip dev fund. We simply focus on marketing and community development at the moment. I agree that we should not include only the initial stakeholders.  However, in order to be a member of committee, the person should probably hold a certain amount of qora? Only investors who have crossed the threshold will be eligible to join the committee? (Let's say 50 million qora)?

2. The person should definitely be a pro, and he will serve as the spokesperson or even the face of qora. This person will probably need to represent qora and attend conventions/conferences at some point. I dont know much abouot salsacz. But do you think he is a good fit?

3. I can pledge 2M also. More members should chip in (In fact, I think every committee member should chip in and donate to the funds).

4. As a starting step, we should have a secure voting system set up. So everything can be put to a vote, and a motion has to be approved by the majority of committee members before being adopted. Agree?

5. We should have bylaws for the governing body.  It will help define the structure and various positions of the governing body (what the responsibility of each position is, who's reporting to whom.. an so forth).  We need to get super organized from very beginning so there will be no conflict later (think of blackcoin's failure).

====================================================================

So the next step in my mind should be --

Start a google spreadsheet and adding names to the list (committeee/foundation members)

Anybody of course. If someone holds Qora he's definitely our man.

1. I don't think so. Development is under Qora's supervision. He'll tell us when he's happy with the client and ready to develop mobile client and other things. Till that time we can focus on marketing. Let's say we have 2M coins and I hold them. I also pledge 1M to the head of the committee, because he shouldn't do it for free. So stage one is over  Smiley

2. I pledged 2M so I'm a treasurer untill the fund is empty. Then we can find a new one.

3. Plus he should be pro in marketing. For example I have no idea what news websites are popular or even if there are any. How much we should pay for an article on which website. They all look the same to me so I can't say if there are 10 readers per day or 10'000. Then all that social stuff: twitter/facebook/reddit etc.

So basically what we need is one person to head the committee. Experienced person like salsacz. Anybody wants this job?

PondSea
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 12:12:11 AM

Just click New Account until it appears.

Did over 100 now still not working.

I think when someone restores from seed they should get the addresses that have a balance by default. This is pretty annoying.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..

Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: