Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:51:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source  (Read 748196 times)
warriraj

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 02:59:26 PM

Doesn't anyone think we should move slower and have an incubation period where the coin has chance to develop and work out any function issues?

I feel like some are looking at it as a pump and dump rather than a potential beater of other coins. Being spread over tons of exchanges means one thing, low volume and unstable market if people try to sell. I've seen this before where people involved in NXT would be high fiving each other because they got on another exchange with the ultimate goal to get on Cryptsy!....and everytime the price dropped a bit more.

The developer may well disagree with me but I want to follow his timetable, plan and vision for the coin whatever it is so we are in lockstep with his vision. And if that means getting on tons of exchanges then cool..

I agree with this. Even if Qora was to create its own exchange which would be cool  Grin

Diluting the market place by having it on multiple exchanges is not a great idea. I would say have 1 official marketplace then write to all other exchanges not to add it till a certain date.

I know mintpal will take a lot to convince but poloniex should be more accommodating.
It will cost much to create own exchange , although it is sounds good. It is not easy to do it .
But if there is someone want to create , we will be very happy to see that.
In my opinion, it does not matter to get on many exchange.  One coin is good just because it can circulate. Technology just make the circulate be safer or more powerful, more lasting .
YES, if the coin get on many exchange, the price will not stabilize. But look into the future, the value of this coin is decided by how many people accept qora.

No one needs to create an exchange, just not farm out the coin to all the exchanges, maybe just a few quality ones.

We can't actually control this. All we can do is not trying to get to shitty exchanges and don't contact any exchange outside top 10. I'd say Dgex, Bter and Cryptsy is the best choice. Let's talk to them after launch and see how it goes. There's no rush anyway. As Graviton (Dgex owner) said (I actually didn't realise that) more exchanges for a new coin = more liquidity = lower price.

I think the mintpal is the best, but it don't accept the 2th gen coin.
But we can have a try, the first 2th coin get on mintpal , it sounds good.
But I think it is almost impossible.

This isn't directed at you and I try not to swear but seriously who gives a shit about Mintpal. Its just another exchange who has seemed to convince people its really important to get on there and people actually pay just to vote for a coin. Its the exchange of desperate men trying to pump some crap coin imo.

Compare the volumes mintpal<>cryptsy , and you;ll get your answer Wink

mintpal is good for pump. but they list only btc clones.

Dgex is an option if you want to kill Qora
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 03:14:52 PM

I'm not sure I agree on Dgex killing Qora but I accept they have some negativity attached to them. Personally I think its undeserved but its a valid criticism.

I personally don't think any exchange can kill a quality coin. Even with all the FUD thrown at NXT its doing fine. I'm actually not that concerned cause I believe quality floats to the top in the end. I think we shouldn't focus on its price but more on its development, the rest will fall into place after making a quality product. 
JKBtCn

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 07:19:53 PM

This is my take. Exchanges (if they are smart and want the volume and trading fees) should be begging for Qora to be on their exchanges. Have some confidence people this is a top tier coin. Who knows maybe top coin at least of 2nd Gen coins. That's my gut feeling. Don't tarnish its image with desperation. Peace.

Like courting a fine woman, let her notice and approach...quality is desirable. Let's see how qora stacks at launch.

NXT-XFAH-7N9C-6AS6-B3GLZ                BTC: 1MMzqYNNqQMMhY524Z9ThuQrRQW2whCmGk
NHZ: 8709719431783299770                 QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | Qi24ssRqmEo3Wepv9pgdmqNuTDKQByiEfd
warriraj

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 07:49:51 PM

how will I receive my coins?
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 08:09:41 PM

Grin Cool Kiss Cool Grin

Oh no please no dgex with their 2% fees
And their Jurassic park website
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 08:11:35 PM

And how are they going to kill a coin?

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 08:23:33 PM

Gratefully would be my guess.

ok ok this Friday, if you have a stake look at for a message soonish from the developer in your PM.   

qora (OP)

Activity: 231

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 08:52:19 PM

qora, I consider it useful for names casemapping and only English characters. How will it be implemented?

Names will be converted to lowercase to avoid confusion.

I will contact all investors on launch.
You can choose any way you want to receive your share.
The preferred way is to send the share directly to one of your addresses.

PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 09:00:15 PM

Hi Dev,

Have you decided on the topic of releasing source or not? Would be better not to for a time frame...

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

qora (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 09:02:46 PM

Hi Dev,

Have you decided on the topic of releasing source or not? Would be better not to for a time frame...

The source code of the complete project will be provided after a 1-3 months. This will protect investors against early clones.

dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 09:10:50 PM

Don't pay much attention to trolls.

Dgex was one of the reasons of Nxt success and it's super safe. I don't even keep coins in my account because I'm sure that Dgex knows better how to protect my money.

nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 09:12:33 PM

Hi Dev,

The source code of the complete project will be provided after a 1-3 months. This will protect investors against early clones.

I would prefer longer or let an independent group of well known coders look it over for the community. Source code will just make certain people attack Qora from all angles and then starting their own 'fair' (wince) coin. 6 Months would be a minimum in my opinion. The only people who ever read it are scammers looking to make some bitcoin imo.

Would you be open to opening it up to the Qora community to have some say/vote in the release?

niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 09:13:20 PM

Don't pay much attention to trolls.

Dgex was one of the reasons of Nxt success and it's super safe. I don't even keep coins in my account because I'm sure that Dgex knows better how to protect my money.

I was genuinely interested in what people understand by "killing a coin".
I also use this term for a few coins , abandoned projects but , it's actually quite impossible to kill a coin.

That's why it triggered my curiosity.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
qora (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 09:18:28 PM

Hi Dev,

I would prefer longer or let an independent group of well known coders look it over for the community. Source code will just make certain people attack Qora from all angles and then starting their own 'fair' (wince) coin. 6 Months would be a minimum in my opinion. The only people who ever read it are scammers looking to make some bitcoin imo.

Would you be open to opening it up to the Qora community to have some say/vote in the release?

Sure I would wait if the community wants to.
There are already some ideas about implementing a voting system where people can vote which feature should be implemented next.
This is just an idea at this point but could be very useful in the future.

PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 09:22:25 PM

Hi Dev,

There are already some ideas about implementing a voting system where people can vote which feature should be implemented next.

Great idea! Im all for a group of trusted devs to review code and not releasing code in general.

Will there be a new wallet on release?

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 09:49:20 PM

Hi Dev,

Great idea! Im all for a group of trusted devs to review code and not releasing code in general.

Maybe someone from Nxt core devs? Although they were looking for a cryptography professional themselves to review the code and even set 20 Btc reward for it, but didnt find anybody.

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 09:50:19 PM

Will there be a new wallet on release?

No, the wallet will be the same.

Hyperphrenia

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 10:07:47 PM

Couple of suggestions --

1. Qora should definitely has its own exchange, so the fee generated from trading will go back to development. The fee generated from sales and trading of Qora should definitely be used to further the development and marketing of Qora and shouldn't benefit any single individual. That's why I'm so adamantly against listing Qora on every exchange. Having Qora listed on every exchange does NOT lead to wider adoption and better publicity (In fact, it has the opposite effect!).

And please don't even bring up Dgex! With Dgex's high fee and slow withdrawal, it's definitely one of my least favorite exchanges. Also, please keep in mind that Qora will eventually have an asset exchange/private exchange just like NXT. After that, we don't really need any 3rd party exchange!

2. Qora dev, please postponing release of source code for as long as possible (at least wait for 4 - 6 months and let the project become mature). Releasing the source code too soon will only unleash a torrent of clones and copycats.

3. We should establish a voting system which will allow the stakeholders to vote on every issue (of course, the dev should always have the final say). I believe that would help establish/reach consensus and it's the best way to go forward. Each stakeholder regardless the size of his or her own stake should have one vote, and every decision should be backed by and have the approval of a majority of stakeholders.

4. Please don't invite our competitors (ie. NXT devs) to be the code reviewers. It's my feeling that most of the NXTers have their own agenda and they will just end up bad mouthing other coins (like some of them have done in NEM thread). I simply don't trust any of them.

ShareCoin - Sdu7EV9VDvXthaqW1V7nDQzny46Cskc5Fj
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 10:28:49 PM

Couple of suggestions --

1. Qora should definitely has its own exchange, so the fee generated from trading will go back to development. The fee generated from sales and trading of Qora should definitely be used to further the development and marketing of Qora and shouldn't benefit any single individual. That's why I'm so adamantly against listing Qora on every exchange. Having Qora listed on every exchange does NOT lead to wider adoption and better publicity (In fact, it has the opposite effect!).

And please don't even bring up Dgex! With Dgex's high fee and slow withdrawal, it's definitely one of my least favorite exchanges. Also, please keep in mind that Qora will eventually have an asset exchange/private exchange just like NXT. After that, we don't really need any 3rd party exchange!

2. Qora dev, please postponing release of source code for as long as possible (at least wait for 4 - 6 months and let the project become mature). Releasing the source code too soon will only unleash a torrent of clones and copycats.

3. We should establish a voting system which will allow the stakeholders to vote on every issue (of course, the dev should always have the final say). I believe that would help establish/reach consensus and it's the best way to go forward. Each stakeholder regardless the size of his or her own stake should have one vote, and every decision should be backed by and have the approval of a majority of stakeholders.

4. Please don't invite our competitors (ie. NXT devs) to be the code reviewers. It's my feeling that most of the NXTers have their own agenda and they will just end up bad mouthing other coins (like some of them have done in NEM thread). I simply don't trust any of them.

1. Making and operating secure exchange is a hard work. It takes 12-15 hours a day to keep things going well. There is no reason to do such job without making profit. As for Dgex it's one of my favourite exchanges.

4. We're not competitors, we're allies. There are definitely some assholes among NXTers but most of us are cool guys. Lead NXT dev Jean-Luk didn't say anything bad about NEM or NXTL. On the contrary they have his full support. He doesn't like Nas coz it's a pure clone but as for other 2nd gen coins he encourages everybody to work in that direction. The same with Come-from-Beyond. He didn't say anything bad even about Nas. He is super awesome and trustful. I'm sure most of Nxt core team devs are great people also.

Hyperphrenia

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 11:55:03 PM

Sorry, I hope you didn't get offended by my comment.  Smiley That was really not my intention. You're definitely one of the coolest guys, and you've got great skills. So you have my respect.  Smiley My comment was directed toward those trolls who like to bash other 2nd gen coins in other people's threads. I've noticed a few like that (even sr. members) in the NEM thread and we've got a few NXT trolls of our own here in Qora thread as well. They would tell you that "Yeah, you're just copying NXT's features," "You a fake coin" and so forth.. And I would get mightily annoyed.  Grin

The truth is I'm not familiar with NXT community and I don't follow/care about NXT.  Even though my comment was based on my personal observation, I understand I am not qualified to say anything/pass any judgement. So, I'd like to retract it and apologize to anyone who got hurt by it.

In any case, I think it's time we get organized and I'd like to take this opportunity to push my board/committee idea. Here's what I'm thinking and proposing:

1. We definitely need a board or committee to help organized and set the direction of Qora going forward. As it stands, we have a lot of important decisions we need to make (ie. which exchange to get on?  should we set up bounties/development funds?) And having a committee will help us accomplish that goal.

For starter, I propose that we should put everything to a vote.  We should have an election of directors and committee members. Before we can do that, we should establish a voting system where every initial stakeholder have one vote (and every vote counts as equal).

2. I was thinking that maybe we can set up bounties or have a dedicated developmental fund to get our exchange developed (not right away, but eventually). I know it cost time and money to maintain an exchange, and I think whoever is in charge of that should get a salary.  We can pay for this person's salary out of our development fund for instance.

3. One thing I really dislike about NXT and NEM is that the information is spread across several website sites and difficult to keep track of and follow. I think all the information pertaining to QORA should be kept under one site/domain.

So we can have forums.qora.org, download.qora.org, wiki.qora.org all under qora.org domain.

Don't know what you guys think..  Wink

Couple of suggestions --

1. Making and operating secure exchange is a hard work. It takes 12-15 hours a day to keep things going well. There is no reason to do such job without making profit. As for Dgex it's one of my favourite exchanges.

4. We're not competitors, we're allies. There are definitely some assholes among NXTers but most of us are cool guys. Lead NXT dev Jean-Luk didn't say anything bad about NEM or NXTL. On the contrary they have his full support. He doesn't like Nas coz it's a pure clone but as for other 2nd gen coins he encourages everybody to work in that direction. The same with Come-from-Beyond. He didn't say anything bad even about Nas. He is super awesome and trustful. I'm sure most of Nxt core team devs are great people also.

ShareCoin - Sdu7EV9VDvXthaqW1V7nDQzny46Cskc5Fj
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: