Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:37:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Operation Shitcoin Cleanout and Clean Up Has Begun- Join the Revolution- Re-open  (Read 176694 times)
marhaben

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 01:49:25 AM

haha you are giving a text book definition of extortion. If you want to pay them for this "service," you can do so. If you tell someone else to pay for a service YOU want, by an implied threat? Extortion.

Hang on a sec.

If that's the definition of extortion, then the government has been extorting us since forever.  The SEC and organizations protect investors and people from being hurt by unscrupulous individuals.  Of course there's going to be a cost.

There's a fine line between extortion and public service.  This effort isn't just being launched by a bunch of noobs.  From what I can tell, we've got a group of standup senior members/hero members who would be organizing it.  I find it hard to believe that they would turn this into something that resembles extortion.  I don't think they would be putting up this effort if they are only in it for themselves.

Anyways, at the end of the day the key people that get hurt are scammy altcoin devs anyways.  So what if they lose some money and we take them, they're making much more in other ways I'm sure.

I would fully support this group taxing the entire altcoin community some amount so that we can maintain order.

Yes, the .Gov does extort citizens. The very thing these Crypto coins would like to subvert.

A public service isn't one forced at gun point.

The fact you support "taxing the entire altcoin community?"

You're a piece of shit.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zeroc00l

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 01:51:16 AM

Nope, I've just been watching from the sidelines, till I saw such a good idea to post a response to.

I would like to be of a help, perhaps I can start the fund to collect fees and applications from altcoin developers.  Let me draft something up so that we can start sending people the message:

Perhaps we can start with something like AUR coin.  Contact them about giving us 10 BTC , fill out an application.  If they do not, we set our attack dogs onto them, fork them into oblivion.  

In the application process we can force them to give us their real name, contact information, real home address, LLC registration (if applicable), and other sort of personal information.  And if anything goes wrong, we can go after them in the real world as well.  I'm sure we can deploy our own members across the world that are ready to knock at their doors.

I think most devs would be fearful for it, and the rest of the sheep will follow suit and pay up.  Let us impose some law and order ourselves onto the altcoin community!
moderndezigns

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 01:54:22 AM

haha ok Zero now I know you're joking.. quit pulling my leg.. =)
marhaben

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 01:55:47 AM

I suspect he probably just realized how fucking stupid he sounded, so now he's going to pretend he wasn't serious.
zeroc00l

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 01:58:03 AM

I suspect he probably just realized how fucking stupid he sounded, so now he's going to pretend he wasn't serious.

Not sure why you think I'm not being serious.. I think this is a very serious initiative that we're trying to pull together.

Either help or get out of the way!
Zackgeno96

Activity: 1778
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 01:59:23 AM

add rotocoin to this list, hard fork the shit out of it please.  Kiss

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
lamontweaver

Activity: 85

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 02:04:15 AM

How's that altcoin regulation going ? This is my favorite comedy thread.

zeroc00l

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 02:19:18 AM

Unfortunately not going anywhere yet.  Hopefully we can change that with the application/fees idea.

We need to be profit driven to some extent: otherwise donating hash power to this effort is not going to last long out of charity or annoyance.

Thus the only way to make this last is to impose fees on new and existing altcoin creators.  Once the BTC start flowing into our virtual coffers, only then will this initiative really take off with our hash rates.

Need to start by first sending a message to one of the altcoin vendors on the list to demand a fee and application.  If that does not work, we will need to be prepared to throw some speculative hashes at it, to pound them until they give in.  That in itself is a risk we'll all have to take, but it will pay off for us once the BTC comes our way.
jayman

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 02:26:24 AM

Unfortunately not going anywhere yet.  Hopefully we can change that with the application/fees idea.

We need to be profit driven to some extent: otherwise donating hash power to this effort is not going to last long out of charity or annoyance.

Thus the only way to make this last is to impose fees on new and existing altcoin creators.  Once the BTC start flowing into our virtual coffers, only then will this initiative really take off with our hash rates.

Need to start by first sending a message to one of the altcoin vendors on the list to demand a fee and application.  If that does not work, we will need to be prepared to throw some speculative hashes at it, to pound them until they give in.  That in itself is a risk we'll all have to take, but it will pay off for us once the BTC comes our way.

it'll will pay of all right with some time in jail seriously this joke of thread needs to be closed ASAP and all the jokers threatening other members by means of extortion and sabotage need their accounts banned.

Mk2vr6

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 02:34:43 AM

Unfortunately not going anywhere yet.  Hopefully we can change that with the application/fees idea.

Thus the only way to make this last is to impose fees on new and existing altcoin creators.  Once the BTC start flowing into our virtual coffers, only then will this initiative really take off with our hash rates.

Need to start by first sending a message to one of the altcoin vendors on the list to demand a fee and application.  If that does not work, we will need to be prepared to throw some speculative hashes at it, to pound them until they give in.  That in itself is a risk we'll all have to take, but it will pay off for us once the BTC comes our way.

So from sorting out shitcoin scamming devs, you've now turned it into a racketeering type money making idea to line your pockets.

Nice!
lajz99

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 02:47:55 AM

You sir, are an idiot. 

Your Idea:

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 02:56:01 AM

Ok back on topic.

I think its clear there is a problem here, problem being to many scams run within the crypto community. It maybe big news to all the newbies in this thread but not everyone is here for the fiat.

Many of the anti clean-uppers think those wishing to clean up are a destructive force, which simply isn't the case, we see issues that need fixing.

Seems alot of newbies in here, with their eye more on fiat then cryptocurrency.

This section of the forum should be about discussing ideas in alternative currency, not simply a section plugging the latest pump n dump copy paste scam like its become.

marhaben

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 03:18:11 AM

Ok back on topic.

I think its clear there is a problem here, problem being to many scams run within the crypto community. It maybe big news to all the newbies in this thread but not everyone is here for the fiat.

Many of the anti clean-uppers think those wishing to clean up are a destructive force, which simply isn't the case, we see issues that need fixing.

Seems alot of newbies in here, with their eye more on fiat then cryptocurrency.

This section of the forum should be about discussing ideas in alternative currency, not simply a section plugging the latest pump n dump copy paste scam like its become.

You're full of shit. There are multiple people in this thread advocating for extortion. The free market regulates itself, not by vigiliantism claiming to be operating for a higher cause.

Vote with your wallet. The scam coins WILL die out, by their very nature. The intelligent investors and the solid coins will remain, and they'll have won by free market principle, not by fascist assholes deciding who wins.

By abusing the system to destroy things you don't like, you're actually demonstrating a serious problem with the system overall. You're a way worse problem than the scam coins.
mgburks77

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 03:20:49 AM

um, this thread is basically a pre-confession to a number of illegal activities. It's proposed extortion, criminal mischief, destruction of private property, and fraud as a "solution" to competition in a market they see as "their turf"

It is clear there is clique that has rather ineptly publicly proposed to use force to protect their market share.

Obviously, the motivation is entirely pressure from the slowly declining market value of bitcoin creating a desire to eliminate competitors. This underlying motive has been mentioned in an off hand manner several times by those proposing this.

I have a proposal, if you believe an actual, serious crime has been committed report it to the real authorities and don't act like a fuckwit about it

zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868

ADT developer

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 03:24:34 AM

31 pages in and nobody has even decided what counts as a scam coin lmao

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 03:43:35 AM

I clearly stated a definition earlier, its not rocket science.
zeroc00l

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 03:44:30 AM

There's already a list of scam coins on the original post!

As kelsey says, we're just trying to clean up, and protect newbies.

We need to start moving into action.  Send a message out to AURCoin, HKC and others like them we need them to apply to become a legit coin, and the application fee is 10 BTC!  They need to start putting money with their mouth is, instead just being able to scam people.  

Get a taste of their own medicine!  Time to dispense some justice!

flounderella

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 03:46:48 AM

Premine is almost always a sign of scamcoin (e.g. Wolong's PandaCoin). IPO is also another big reg flag (e.g. the likes of StackCoin)
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 03:53:31 AM

Premine is almost always a sign of scamcoin (e.g. Wolong's PandaCoin). IPO is also another big reg flag (e.g. the likes of StackCoin)

But let me guess, Charlie Lee working to sell his coin like it were a product through his brother at Bitcoin China and no doubt soon to come at Coinbase is not a scam, amirite?

There seems to be a ridiculous double standard on who is allowed to profit from their creation...
lasciv

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 04:03:13 AM

Interesting point. What if they have both?

e.g.:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=494229.0

Kiss

edit: or this one:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=500971.0
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: