Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 12:42:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Operation Shitcoin Cleanout and Clean Up Has Begun- Join the Revolution- Re-open  (Read 176687 times)
cassius69

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 04:25:55 PM

DigiByte...what a piece of shit Shitcoin that is...

So Jared Wright of Idaho... yer publicly stating you support the efforts of Operation Shitcoin Cleanout...

Does this include property damage and computer crimes?

You are a brave man... LOL  Grin

Did'ya Bite into a little too much peyote today ya fucking illiterate moron?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinTate

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 04:28:14 PM

Must people I try and share Bitcoin & alt coins with quickly state "you let yourself get suckered in to that Ponzi/pyramid scheme."

Is that because of the reputation of bitcoin, or an altcoin no one ever heard of outside of a very specialized segment of the population?
Mostly Mt. Gox recently and all the negatives surrounding Bitcoin I would assume. But Maza did a big disservice to us all by blatantly lying about being an "official" currency. The story about them being the "official" currency of the Lakota Nation was picked up by several main stream media sources including Forbes.

I have a feeling the same thing is going to happen with Auroracoin. It is going to become a PR nightmare for alt coins. I hope I am proven wrong as it will be better for all of us in the long run. Hell, I like the idea behind it, its just impractical and there are 10,000 ways it can go wrong and set the rest of us back.

- aka The "DigiMan"
BitcoinTate

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 04:36:19 PM

So Jared Wright of Idaho... yer publicly stating you support the efforts of Operation Shitcoin Cleanout...

Wow... such a mature, educated & well written response.

I never said I endorsed illegal activities. I stated if a group of people wanted to get together and start cleaning up the alt coin community for the betterment of all of us I support it.

Testing a coins "security" by mining it is not illegal. If people start extorting devs and doing other illegal activities then no, I would not want anything to do with this particular movement.

I haven't read through all 47 pages of this thread nor do I have the time. If blatant out right illegal activities start taking place then no I do not want anything to do with it.

I also stated this is not the best option but it is a start and it is getting the discussion started. If this infinite scam coin creation continues it is going to bring the entire alt coin movement down with it.

- aka The "DigiMan"
mgburks77

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 04:44:28 PM

Wow... such a mature, educated & well written response.

I never said I endorsed illegal activities. I stated if a group of people wanted to get together and start cleaning up the alt coin community for the betterment of all of us I support it.

Testing a coins "security" by mining it is not illegal. If people start extorting devs and doing other illegal activities then no, I would not want anything to do with this particular movement.

I haven't read through all 47 pages of this thread nor do I have the time. If blatant out right illegal activities start taking place then no I do not want anything to do with it.

I also stated this is not the best option but it is a start and it is getting the discussion started. If this infinite scam coin creation continues it is going to bring the entire alt coin movement down with it.

You know, I totally agree. I see nothing wrong with testing security. But DDoSing exchanges, extortion etc seem to be what this is really about and it seems to me that the amount of duplicity associated with dealing in btc is it's biggest drawback, next are technical weaknesses.

I don't think maza coin is known at all outside of the btc community so that negative publicity can't really affect btc.

The character of it's community, on the other hand, is under close scrutiny, and their actions will always be made to seem worse than they really are. Just think if a wave of extortion/DDoS attacks associated with btc hits the mainstream media.

btc won't be worth a plug nickel, if that happens
BitcoinTate

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 04:54:40 PM

You know, I totally agree. I see nothing wrong with testing security. But DDoSing exchanges, extortion etc seem to be what this is really about and it seems to me that the amount of duplicity associated with dealing in btc is it's biggest drawback, next are technical weaknesses.

I don't think maza coin is known at all outside of the btc community so that negative publicity can't really affect btc.

The character of it's community, on the other hand, is under close scrutiny, and their actions will always be made to seem worse than they really are. Just think if a wave of extortion/DDoS attacks associated with btc hits the mainstream media.

btc won't be worth a plug nickel, if that happens

I completely agree with you as well. I do not want to see negative media attention for extortion/ddos attacks. I just put an edit at the bottom of my previous post:
Edit: I am in support of informing the community about blatant scam coins and I do not believe mining to test the "security" of a scam coin that results in a fork to be illegal. However, if other illegal activities such as DDOS attacks, extortion attempts & malicious threats are taking place on here then I do not want to be a part of this or have anything to do with this movement.

I feel that getting this discussion started is very important to the survival of the alt coin community. This is the 1st place I see it taking place.

We are all against centralization & control as that is not why crypto currencies were founded. But at the same time we as a community need to provide some kind of information resource to help people make a sound decision when deciding upon which cryptos to invest in.

If people continue to get burnt my pump & dump scam coins it will only keep making it harder & harder for crypto technology to be taken seriously.

- aka The "DigiMan"
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 04:56:36 PM

Must people I try and share Bitcoin & alt coins with quickly state "you let yourself get suckered in to that Ponzi/pyramid scheme."

Is that because of the reputation of bitcoin, or an altcoin no one ever heard of outside of a very specialized segment of the population?

Good question. The "Ponzi scheme" cracks I've read have been directed at Bitcoin specifically. The people who made them - I've read quite a few in the goldbug community - don't seem to realize that there are any altcoins at all.

And here's the funny part. Some of the Bitcoin-haters in the precious-metal (PM) community complain about Bitcoin siphoning demand away from precious metals!

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

mgburks77

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 05:00:16 PM

We are all against centralization & control as that is not why crypto currencies were founded. But at the same time we as a community need to provide some kind of information resource to help people make a sound decision when deciding upon which cryptos to invest in.

Agreed.
woetohice

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 05:37:48 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2014, 05:49:39 PM by woetohice

We are all against centralization & control as that is not why crypto currencies were founded.

The thugs running this "Operation" don't give a shit about what crypto was founded on, and they are all for centralization and control -- as long as they are the ones in control.

That's what this is about.  Period.

Check out this gem from BitcoinEXpress, the muscle behind this conspiracy.

Problem is everyone has a their own definition of what you call a 'shit' coin and doing any form of illegal activity because you disagree with something is just plain wrong.
Advocating control of the crypto market is going against the reasons crypto coins were introduced to begin with, let the people decide not a handful of so so mobsters.

Aww people that actually believe that the few powerful don't rule the weak masses are just so adorable.....

~BCX~

BCX has admitted that he will take down whatever coins that the guys pulling his strings tell him to.  No questions asked.  And how do they decide?  Well they told us right here in this thread.  They decide based on who has paid the 20 BTC in extortion that they demand.
cassius69

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 06:19:18 PM

So count me in. This might not be the best approach but at least something is getting done. This is a movement by the Freemarket and if a group of people get together and start forking coins then I guess they were not meant to be in the first place (DigiByte included).

I am all for starting the Purge!

So you are endorsing extortion.  Wow.  You really think that forcing people to pay 20 BTC to "protect" their coin has anything to do with the free market?  

This is criminal activity (extortion and DDOS attacks), and it's just stupid.  I can't believe so many people are jumping on board.

Are they offering you a cut of the extortion money they collect?

Did you pay the extortion to protect DigiBytes?  If so, how much did you pay?

Also, what part are you playing in the DDOS attacks.  That's a great solution, too, eh?

Perhaps you could get the gang to use your coin exclusively for their extortion payments.  But you'd have to rebrand it.  Maybe you could start calling it Extortion Coin.

Hear hear! Besides...an army of ninjas has already been assembled to take down this takedown and now these guys are giving us roadmaps to their houses.

This is not the way to combat cyber warfare boys...

Stick to rude comments in threads...that's what you are all good.

P.S. to any newbs reading this thread...look at the posting history of these organizers. SpudNick as one example has only been posting for 8 months or so. He was an adorable little shitheel asking about what to do with his 80khz. Now he is running the crypto world and decidinng which coins live and die.

Heck the OP founded Memecoin which is crap and the other guy is behind DigiBiyte. Thats just the ones we know about.

I guess we can figure out why the want to stop innovation and crush competition like a digital mafia.

BitcoinTate

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 06:23:36 PM

So count me in. This might not be the best approach but at least something is getting done. This is a movement by the Freemarket and if a group of people get together and start forking coins then I guess they were not meant to be in the first place (DigiByte included).

I am all for starting the Purge!

So you are endorsing extortion.  Wow.  You really think that forcing people to pay 20 BTC to "protect" their coin has anything to do with the free market?  

This is criminal activity (extortion and DDOS attacks), and it's just stupid.  I can't believe so many people are jumping on board.

Are they offering you a cut of the extortion money they collect?

Did you pay the extortion to protect DigiBytes?  If so, how much did you pay?

Also, what part are you playing in the DDOS attacks.  That's a great solution, too, eh?

Perhaps you could get the gang to use your coin exclusively for their extortion payments.  But you'd have to rebrand it.  Maybe you could start calling it Extortion Coin.
Perhaps before jumping to very inaccurate & false assumptions about me you should:

A) Re-read my post where I clearly edited and pointed out the following:
Edit: I am in support of informing the community about blatant scam coins and I do not believe mining to test the "security" of a scam coin that results in a fork to be illegal. However, if other illegal activities such as DDOS attacks, extortion attempts & malicious threats are taking place on here then I do not want to be a part of this or have anything to do with this movement.

I feel that getting this discussion started is very important to the survival of the alt coin community. This is the 1st place I see it taking place.

B) Re-read the posts I made above the one you just posted.

Does that clear things up or do you want to keep throwing inaccurate & unfounded accusations my way?

- aka The "DigiMan"
woetohice

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 06:30:56 PM

Does that clear things up or do you want to keep throwing inaccurate & unfounded accusations my way?

My bad.  Missed that part.  I apologize.
cassius69

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 06:37:01 PM

Get serious. This dude is a gangsta in league with other gangstas.

They are the ones making threats.

He posted his co-ordinates for everyone. Now he gets to deal with the blow-back.

No point in him back peddling like a bitch now. Your buddies are gonna hack intimidate and ddos people and you think those people will sit back and let it all slide.

And juts to be clear I am not talking about me. I am simply a forum poster and enjoy talking shit. But other people...crazy people...no telling what they would do if their shitcoin money was put in jeapordy.

It really would be better for everyone if someone would shut this fucking thread down before it turns BCT to any of a shittier place.

I read the posting history of many in this thread.

They all started like docile little lambs, asking stupid as fuck questions and losing money. Hell 'muddafucka' begged for 200 BBQs - whatever the hell that is - in one of his first post. Now he is the great decider who decides what everyone can do.

Quit while your behind pussies. Make your arguments in the threads and quit trying to organize attcks on people you dont like.

BitcoinTate

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 06:37:49 PM

Furthermore I want to clarify a couple more points. First, I have never had any contact with any of the people who started this thread. I am involved with no "gestapo" like "secret" force attempting to control the alt coin world.

This is the first place I have seen a discussion finally start taking place about the current problems facing the alt coin community and I was hoping to contribute to an honest, intelligent and open conversation for the betterment of all of us. The kind of insightful & helpful discussions you used to find on BitcoinTalk. I remember a time when for the most part you never saw discussions where people were making the vulgar, immature & misguided posts attacking other people &coins that you see all over the place now.

If we could come together and simply create a fact based, unbiased thread that gave people a place to look up information about all coins I think that would be a great place to start. People could make informed decisions for themselves without reading a million threads to gather the information.

If you want to keep attacking me, fine, go ahead. I have nothing to hide. I will not support any illegal illicit activities by any group, but I will not sit idly by while this place gets trashed and over ran by scammers/ trolls and every other bozo trying to make a quick buck.

I genuinely believe in this technology and I am dedicating everything I have to try and make it better and bring it to main stream society.

- aka The "DigiMan"
BitcoinTate

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 06:38:55 PM

No problem, glad we could clear that up and thank you for the apology. I really am trying to do what's right here.

- aka The "DigiMan"
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 06:46:22 PM

@BitcoinTate
Sounds sincere and i appreciate the honest response..
it's easy to get bogged down in the past but we need to *try and move forward.
most of this whole topic is about attacking Rewt and Mudda.. in other words a waste of time. (a diversion tactic)
If they have decided to move in the right direction and even if they have some stains in their history
should we harp on them endlessly and ignore the topic at hand ?

This for me has been a learning process since day and i have had to learn what i will and won't do
and i had also learned more and more about what goes on behind closed doors and it's farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
more than most of snotty brats running their mouth ere have any clue about. (noob don't know how corrupt things are)
BUT i almost always keep my mouth shut on things to protect peoples confidentiality.
Anyway i don't blame the noobs so much getting here it's a learning process and all this is overwhelming with a large volume of info to consume
and sadly coin spammer exploit this aspect in a bunch of ways to sucker in noobs into pyramid schemes..
i don't want people to feel they can't tell me anything anymore because i will spout off and then name names..
but i do get areal kick out of watching guys lie straight to my face about stuff when i confront them when i already have the answer and proof lol
Scammers need to realize a lot of guys share our view and your buddies may just rat you out behind your back lol

bah what ever.. when are we forking some coins ? let get on it already lol

edit:
Digibyte ?
What was the point in releasing a Litecoin clone with a new icon and name ? it offers nothing else other than that and 100's of other coins..
What is wrong with just joining the Franko or Feather coin team ? or or or or or or.....
sorry but there was no need for Digibyte.. it is a part of the problem mentioned here and a heavily PREMINED excuse to start over again (pre-mine/flash-mine opportunity)

FUD first & ask questions later™
woetohice

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 07:01:20 PM

bah what ever.. when are we forking some coins ? let get on it already lol

They have to give the extortion victims a little time to pay up first.
mgburks77

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 07:13:43 PM

I'd be more scared if these guys understood how to use the quote function correctly
bramvnl

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 07:22:24 PM

I'm in, I am over coins that would have, only a few short months ago, been kicked as a scam now become common place.

Thats the spirit. Revolution. It only takes one to start.

+100000
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 07:23:47 PM

I'd be more scared if these guys understood how to use the quote function correctly

is that your way of defending scam coins ?

wow i'm convinced now lol

FUD first & ask questions later™
killadtkilladt

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 07:28:32 PM

we are pleased to announce that ADT now has 15 forks on the blockchain the next coin to be forked will be ......
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: