Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:58:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Operation Shitcoin Cleanout and Clean Up Has Begun- Join the Revolution- Re-open  (Read 176700 times)
andrewha2010

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:03:05 AM

Why not just share information in a mature way with the public about what a scam coin is? I have talked to investors and they had no idea that some coins are pure POS without anything related to Bitcoin in the code, they just assumed it was a "more advanced" BTC.

Unless the OP works for the central banks, this idea is just bad on every single level. Inspire attacks and more wars in Cryptos? Give the real bad guys more bad ideas? Why not explain rationally the problems with the market cap positions (glitches/bugs/exploits) - and serious problems/dangers with 50% premine coins. IPOs also *may* be scams, but that can also be a way for startup companies to change the world without needing central authority. Think long term about this stuff.

More transparency is needed, less anonymous people asking to trust us with our Bitcoin, and people need to feel it is safe to invest - and be warned what not to invest in. Overall, we need less conflict, as conflict only creates more distrust and bad press for Cryptos and Bitcoin. I do however agree that the real scams should be explained clearly so people are aware of them. Not what coin you don't like, or the coin you are not invested in, or the coin you and your buddies didn't code, or a well made coin some company is trying to make a fair profit with, the real bad ones that are screwing up the market and taking people's money. Those should be exposed publicly. That would help the good coins and good devs, and the people that believe in them.

You cannot talk about trust in a dev (or any person on the net) as long as his identity is hidden under a nickname (or several).
YarkoL
Legendary

Activity: 996
Merit: 1013

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:43:43 AM

One odd thing about this thread is it may in fact achieve its goal, inadvertently (perceived goal, I should say ... the other goal may be extortion and financial gain). If I was a new investor to cryptos, saw this site... then this thread, I'd see hacking, extortion, racketeering threats, as well as people talking about destroying coins.

I understand your sentiment, and I think we're potentially headed for some turbulent times.

But without condoning the actions of the crypto-jihadists in any way, I believe this is just a natural phase we're going through, growing pains you might say..

There are so many coins that are produced without their dev(s) understanding the interaction of parameters or having awareness of the security risks.
This is even more unfortunate when the dev team has basically good intentions, but they inadvertently produce a high-risk coin, that can be taken down by some kid with graphics cards.

I am of the opinion that a cryptocoin need not embody a technical innovation to justify its existence (although that of course is a plus). They can be also be used to build communities, and Dogecoin was the first to demonstrate that. In future cryptocoins can also be used to strenghten existing communities by being used for purchasing services and products in a specific niche.

But for this to happen, these next gen altcoins need to become more conscious of the vulnerabilities. And this current brouhaha could be the key stepping stone towards that goal.  So brand new devs need to delve somewhat deeper into code, educate themselves on checkpoints, diff adjustment and other security-related topics, than they have done so far. A coin that can demonstrate its strength against attacks will have a serious selling point that attract investors.

“God does not play dice"
PoolMinor
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338

XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:43:57 AM

if he had it, he would not use the phrase "pull your head out of your ass".

That is 100% true. Cheesy

Ok well I should probably say 99.999% true, as there is always a remote possibility you could run into someone who actually literally has his head inside his own ass.
Funny how you never showed any reason to create a new coin that had any credibility, instead you attacked me personally. Great strategy that I find many mindless sheep here take.

Btc=C2MF       Free BTC Poker
Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent. -Marilyn vos Savant
majorminers

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:49:46 AM

One odd thing about this thread is it may in fact achieve its goal, inadvertently (perceived goal, I should say ... the other goal may be extortion and financial gain). If I was a new investor to cryptos, saw this site... then this thread, I'd see hacking, extortion, racketeering threats, as well as people talking about destroying coins.

I understand your sentiment, and I think we're potentially headed for some turbulent times.

But without condoning the actions of the crypto-jihadists in any way, I believe this is just a natural phase we're going through, growing pains you might say..

There are so many coins that are produced without their dev(s) understanding the interaction of parameters or having awareness of the security risks.
This is even more unfortunate when the dev team has basically good intentions, but they inadvertently produce a high-risk coin, that can be taken down by some kid with graphics cards.

I am of the opinion that a cryptocoin need not embody a technical innovation to justify its existence (although that of course is a plus). They can be also be used to build communities, and Dogecoin was the first to demonstrate that. In future cryptocoins can also be used to strenghten existing communities by being used for purchasing services and products in a specific niche.

But for this to happen, these next gen altcoins need to become more conscious of the vulnerabilities. And this current brouhaha could be the key stepping stone towards that goal.  So brand new devs need to delve somewhat deeper into code, educate themselves on checkpoints, diff adjustment and other security-related topics, than they have done so far. A coin that can demonstrate its strength against attacks will have a serious selling point that attract investors.

I agree with your points but I think coin devs should focus on usage.

If nobody uses a coin, what's the point? That means coins should try and fulfill a function and be targeted to a specific audience.

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:01:17 AM

Funny how you never showed any reason to create a new coin that had any credibility

I read this twice and still not sure what you're trying to say.

instead you attacked me personally.

How exactly did I "attack you personally"? If you often see people attacking you, all I can suggest is to seek professional help.

Great strategy that I find many mindless sheep here take.

Are you attacking me? Does that make you a mindless sheep?  Roll Eyes
cassius69

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:34:12 AM

This thread hasnt stopped a shitcoin yet

cryptobuddy

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:52:46 AM

This fake Bittrex is created by MajorMiners (owners of some pools), who is one of the key team members of the HongKongCoin (HKC).

HongKongCoin key members (Scammers):
1. HongKongCoin
2. majorminers

Very likely HongKongCoin key members (Possible Scammers):
1. zsnorbi
2. whatthefugg
3. poornamelessme
4. provenceday

Here are his posts of this fake "Bittrex team dated on 22 March 2014.

Thanks for giving us the oppurtinity to be a part of HongKong Coin.
We are looking forward for the volumes!

Bittrex Team

All of us at Team HongKongCoin thank you for your excellent efforts! You're doing a great job expanding the market for HKC.

I fixed a bug while depositing HongKong Coin to the exchange, it should work now.

Bittrex Team
quoting for posterity

What are you starting in on me for again?

4 Launches today, I wasn't involved in them.

I didn't create an account called 'Bittrex' to respond twice in one thread to myself. There's no advantage in it.

Why could Majorminer say "there's no advantage" for him to pretend Bittrex?   Huh Huh Huh

He did admit that the HKC dev paid him a handsome bounty. Has he forgotten?

The following is the what Majorminers said in the HKC ANN thread:

......... This dev - our Dear Leader as I call him - paid me a handsome bounty (as did another guy who interested in the project) to setup the pool. Since then, the Dear Leader has proven his honesty and integrity on several occasions.

cryptobuddy

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:55:24 AM

I have tried my best to stop HongKongCoin, which is a coingen coin created by a group of scammers, which are Bittrex and Poloniex Imposters in this forum.

This HKC seems dying. Now its network hash rate (SHA256) has dropped to <3 TH/sec, and its exchange rate is only 3 satoshi.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 10:57:18 AM

And here's an unintended consequence: exchanges that take in new coins no questions asked are really suffering for it. Look at what's happening to CryptoRush (start here and read this.) Another second-tier exchange foundering because they've incurred huge losses by a new alt going ker-blooey.

Cryptsy really has a great niche in all of this. It's the top alt exchange, so any alt that gets listed on Crypsty has "hit the big time!" Cryptsy doesn't have that cachet unless they sit back and take their time when deciding whether or not to list a new alt: taking it slow only adds to their prestige. You might say that playing hard to get is Cryptsy's "game." So, the second-tier exchanges that'll list any crapcoin ends up acting as Cryptsy's field-test lab. When a new alt goes haywire, it gets injured and Crypsty remains above it all.

Were I to start a new exchange, I'd actually use the OP's filter when deciding which coins to list and not to list. I'd do so simply to protect myself and the customers.

Funny that it was Blackcoin that pushed CryptoRush over the edge...

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

majorminers

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:00:43 AM

I have tried my best to stop HongKongCoin, which is a coingen coin created by a group of scammers, which are Bittrex and Poloniex Imposters in this forum.

This HKC seems dying. Now its network hash rate (SHA256) has dropped to <3 TH/sec, and its exchange rate is only 3 satoshi.

Here's an idea then: let it die.

You're the only posting about it. If you hate it, ignore it, and let it die.

The reality is, everybody really hates your posts. Your lack of language skills is too hard to deal with. You've posted many, many accusations now and labeled them as proof.

I challenge you to do nothing at all today and let nature take its course. HKC is in the same boat as all the other country coins. The price has plummeted, mining interest has declined rapidly, and there's no guarantee that the plan will succeed without serious community involvement. It's up to the dev now.

The reality is, almost all altcoins are shitcoins. Almost all of them are copies of a copy. Since you're a crusader, crusade against all of them. Otherwise you look like an obsessed nut.

So accept my challenge: shut up and see what happens next.

cryptobuddy

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:06:01 AM

Here's an idea then: let it die.

You're the only posting about it. If you hate it, ignore it, and let it die.

The reality is, everybody really hates your posts. Your lack of language skills is too hard to deal with. You've posted many, many accusations now and labeled them as proof.

I challenge you to do nothing at all today and let nature take its course. HKC is in the same boat as all the other country coins. The price has plummeted, mining interest has declined rapidly, and there's no guarantee that the plan will succeed without serious community involvement. It's up to the dev now.

The reality is, almost all altcoins are shitcoins. Almost all of them are copies of a copy. Since you're a crusader, crusade against all of them. Otherwise you look like an obsessed nut.

Who is the liar, Majorminors you or Cryptobuddy me?

Why you said you had no advantage to pretend to be Bittrex team in the HKC ANN thread? Have you forgotten that you have admitted to obtain a good sum of bounty from the HKC dev? Have you forgotten you used to be a great supporter of HKC?  Huh Huh Huh

Everybody hates my post?  Is SZZT nobody???  Really funny..  Grin Grin Grin

The following is the what Majorminers said in the HKC ANN thread:

......... This dev - our Dear Leader as I call him - paid me a handsome bounty (as did another guy who interested in the project) to setup the pool. Since then, the Dear Leader has proven his honesty and integrity on several occasions.

This fake Bittrex is created by MajorMiners (owners of some pools), who is one of the key team members of the HongKongCoin (HKC).

HongKongCoin key members (Scammers):
1. HongKongCoin
2. majorminers

Very likely HongKongCoin key members (Possible Scammers):
1. zsnorbi
2. whatthefugg
3. poornamelessme
4. provenceday

Here are his posts of this fake "Bittrex team dated on 22 March 2014.

Thanks for giving us the oppurtinity to be a part of HongKong Coin.
We are looking forward for the volumes!

Bittrex Team

All of us at Team HongKongCoin thank you for your excellent efforts! You're doing a great job expanding the market for HKC.

I fixed a bug while depositing HongKong Coin to the exchange, it should work now.

Bittrex Team
quoting for posterity

What are you starting in on me for again?

4 Launches today, I wasn't involved in them.

I didn't create an account called 'Bittrex' to respond twice in one thread to myself. There's no advantage in it.

majorminers

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:15:17 AM

Seriously, I don't get it.

I have honestly spent as much time as I can trying to understand the 'Bittrex' connection.

1) I didn't create the fake account called 'Bittrex.' I responded twice to them in one thread.
2) Responding to an account does not make you that account.
3) Please ask a Global Moderator to investigate.

All you've 'proven' is that I responded to an account that was fake.

cryptobuddy

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:20:59 AM

By the way, I like this statement, "So accept my challenge".

Oh..Wait a minute... I have seen this before... Yes.. this is phrase the HKC dev liked to use.. OH.... Majorminor, are you indeed the HKC dev??  Holy!  Huh Huh Huh

The following is the similar phrase from HKC dev.

THAT IS THE CHALLENGE.

DO YOU ACCEPT?

DO YOU ACCEPT THE CHALLENGE?

majorminers

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:26:42 AM

By the way, I like this statement, "So accept my challenge".

Oh..Wait a minute... I have seen this before... Yes.. this is phrase the HKC dev liked to use.. OH.... Majorminor, are you indeed the HKC dev??  Holy!  Huh Huh Huh

The following is the similar phrase from HKC dev.

THAT IS THE CHALLENGE.

DO YOU ACCEPT?

DO YOU ACCEPT THE CHALLENGE?

Okay, here it is. Is this the evidence that I'm the HongKongCoin developer? (The smoking gun...) - using a common phrase.

This reminds me of the moment in 'Fight Club' where the unnamed narrator realizes that HE is Tyler Durden.

LOL. I thought you were convinced he was from mainland China. Do I really seem like I'm from China?

Come on, man. Give it a rest.

I told you from the beginning, I accepted a bounty to set up a mining pool for the coin. I've managed it professionally since the start and taken care of the miners. The bounty was paid by the dev and a miner. I didn't investigate the origins of the coin or the dev.

Ever since that fateful day two weeks or so ago you've attempted to make my life a living hell. I've responded patiently to each of your points at a great expense of valuable time.

I don't owe you - or anyone - this much attention.

To be clear: I am not from China and I'm not the coin dev.

cassius69

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:39:28 AM

Cryptobuddy reary get on my nerve. He shitpost who love eat shit.

He reary eat too meth and shit. He reary gotta get life soon.

cryptobuddy

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:33:05 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2014, 03:50:33 AM by cryptobuddy

Majorminers, if you want to say foul language to me, you could directly say to me.

There is no need for you to use another identity before saying such words.
(P.S. Majorminers have multiple identities in Bitcointalk, including but not limited to Bittrex, poornamelessme, HKC dev.  

One can use two computers to make two BTT members being on line at the same time. It is not difficult for a pool owner.).

You learnt quick. This kind of "Chinese-English" is indeed invented by Hong Kong people. I am sure you remembered those HK people said such bad words to the HKC dev (who is likely you) some time ago. I could understand that you want to return these bad words to me. I am fine with this.  Cheesy
cassius69

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:34:40 PM

Majorminers, if you want to say foul language to me, you could directly say to me.

There is no need for you to use another identity before saying such words. (P.S. Majorminers have multiple identities in Bitcointalk, including but not limited to Bittrex, poornamelessme, HKC dev).

You learnt quick. This kind of "Chinese-English" is indeed invented by Hong Kong people. I am sure you remembered those HK people said such bad words to the HKC dev (who is likely you) some time ago. I could understand that you want to return these bad words to me. I am fine with this.  Cheesy

Eat shit cocksucker. Reary eat cock and shit sandwich. You shit eater.

majorminers

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:39:53 PM

There is no need for you to use another identity before saying such words. (P.S. Majorminers have multiple identities in Bitcointalk, including but not limited to Bittrex, poornamelessme, HKC dev).

You learnt quick. This kind of "Chinese-English" is indeed invented by Hong Kong people. I am sure you remembered those HK people said such bad words to the HKC dev (who is likely you) some time ago. I could understand that you want to return these bad words to me. I am fine with this.  Cheesy

Wait, now I'm that guy too?

Dude, get serious. I can't really be every single poster on this forum. I'm sure there are a few other people here besides the two of us.

And no, I don't remember that part of the thread. I've never read the complete thread and I don't understand Chinese so I skipped over all that. I started reading after many pages.

Tell me, am I from Mainland China or not?

cryptobuddy

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:46:36 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2014, 01:05:42 PM by cryptobuddy

Dude, get serious. I can't really be every single poster on this forum. I'm sure there are a few other people here besides the two of us.

And no, I don't remember that part of the thread. I've never read the complete thread and I don't understand Chinese so I skipped over all that. I started reading after many pages.

1) One can use two computers to make two BTT members being online at the same time. It is not difficult for a pool owner. Multiple PCs for multiple BTT accounts.

2) How do I know you are from Mainland China or not?

3) I am referring to those "eat shit" Chinese-style English, not Chinese characters.  Grin
majorminers

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:49:25 PM

1) One can use two computers to make two BTT members being on line at the same time. It is not difficult for a pool owner. Multiple PCs for multiple BTT accounts.

2) How do I know you are from Mainland China or not?

3) I am referring to those "eat shit" Chinese-style English, not Chinese characters.  Grin

I never posted those words, another poster did, so that's a dumb thing to base your accusations on.

It's a simple two part question. Do I give you the impression that I'm Chinese or from mainland China? Is the Dev of your beloved HKC from China?

Answer the question honestly for once.

Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: