Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:00:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin 100: Developed Specifically for Non-Profits  (Read 262665 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 05:35:51 AM

More furballs needing money

drew@bitcoinnotbombs.com

Hi Rassa,

A twitter follower of ours sent me a link to the SPCA's BC store
front. He has been slowly talking to the bosses about accepting
bitcoin and in the shopping cart shopify system they use he was able
to at least sell the shops new shirts and take general donations for
bitcoin. He noted that his bosses are still not to hot on promoting
bitcoin on the site and having a donation widget on the main page. I
can appreciate his patience with the upper brass but maybe Bitcoin100
would like to help get the ball rolling.

I find this to be a very worth wile charity but maybe they don't fit
your criteria. I would understand in that's the case but here is the
twitter accounts of the pro bitcoin employee..

https://twitter.com/ChrisBrett

And the general donation item can be found at http://shop.spca.bc.ca/

I don't think the main twitter account has been actively promoting
bitcoin but this account is part of Chris Brett's department.

https://twitter.com/pawsforacause

Thanks again for all you do, if you need help getting looped in with
Chris let me know.

Best,
Drew

Checked them out. They seem fine. I'd say go ahead. Phinneas?

a before e and there's a u in there somewhere.  Roll Eyes

They look fine, Rassah.

~Bruno Kucinskas

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 05:38:49 AM

And some more for Phinn to review:

Hello Rassah,

My name is Andrew, and I am contacting you today on behalf of Circadian Sleep Disorders Network. We are a 501c3, all-volunteer organization. I personally am currently in discussion with the board for us to add Bitcoin as a payment option for donations and membership dues.

Our Mission Statement: Circadian Sleep Disorders Network is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of people with chronic circadian rhythm disorders.
We aim to increase awareness within the medical community and among the general public, to provide emotional support and practical ideas for people living with these disorders, to encourage research into circadian rhythms, and to advocate for accommodations in education and employment for people with circadian rhythm sleep disorders.

Website link: http://www.circadiansleepdisorders.org/

If Bitcoin100 is able to help us with a donation, it will not only tremendously help our cause, but it will help me to assuage the board's reservations on Bitcoin.

Thank you for your time and consideration. If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know. 
Best Regards,
Andrew Wall
Member, Board of Directors
Circadian Sleep Disorders Network

And, they look fine as well, Rassah.

~Bruno Kucinskas
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 06:31:14 PM

If you link to it directly, yes, but I can't figure out how to get to it from the main http://www.warchild.ca page...
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 07:12:11 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2014, 07:45:14 PM by Rassah

You know the drill

Hi Rassah-

We are preparing to announce that we are now accepting Bitcoin donations. Junior Achievement of New York is one of the oldest economic education charities in NYC and Long Island. We are also kicking off a live FB chat series on January 27 with a discussion about Bitcoin and emerging digital currencies. We are seeking members of the Bitcoin community as potential donors to our cause. I saw on your website that you are championing charities that are accepting Bitcoin donations. I was hoping Bitcoin100 could be one of our kick-off donors.

Jacqueline Dolly
Senior Director, Marketing and Communications
Junior Achievement of New York
420 Lexington Avenue, Suite 205
New York, NY 10170
www.jany.org

and more furballs are being needy!

Hello Dmitry and Bitcoin100.org staff,

I am one of the founders of a non-profit cat rescue called Kitty Safe Haven No-Kill Shelter. We are in a small town in southwest Missouri and have been rescuing cats and kittens for the last 14 years. In 2009 we incorporated as a 501(c)(3). We have done minimal fundraising so far and do not advertise locally because through word of mouth we are already overloaded with cats. We do plan on eventually expanding as funds become available. The endowment you offer would be a great help to us this year. We recently started accepting bitcoin donations and you will find various bitcoin widgets on the website.

http://www.kittysafehaven.org/

One donor just before the end of the year (2013) wanted to give us Bitcoin and we added it just for him. After that, one more person chipped in some Bitcoin. We had scarcely heard of Bitcoin before this happened, and now we really like it and plan on talking it up with local businesses and friends.

Thanks very much for your consideration, as the vet bills have really been piling up lately!
eggen4jc

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 05:06:05 PM

Our charity provides safe homes and a great life for homeless children in Bolivia.  In our first day accepting bitcoins the community gave enough to support a child in a home for one month!  So impressed with the bitcoin community.  Hope to get added to Bitcoin 100 - www.kayachildren.org/bitcoin

Hi. Since Phinneas seems to be busy, I went ahead and checked out your charity. Everything seems fine, so $1,000 donation has been sent
http://blockchain.info/tx/d19a935c6d78fe19e2aa9e6ebbc488b371920f20480b29a9bb49ade3733463f5

Good call! Great org!

~Bruno Kucinskas

Thank you!  We've been impressed with the generosity of the bitcoin community so far and are excited for new possibilities.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 07:39:15 PM

Simply get back in touch with them and kindly ask what's the deal. GEEZZZZZZZZ! What the hell are we paying you for? GULP! Just realized you don't get paid. Let's pretend you did... or take a look at one of your wallets that I'm aware of... You and hubby enjoy thanks to me and Josh. I sent a PM to you with the tx.

~Bruno Kucinskas
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 08:08:32 PM

You know the drill

Hi Rassah-

We are preparing to announce that we are now accepting Bitcoin donations. Junior Achievement of New York is one of the oldest economic education charities in NYC and Long Island. We are also kicking off a live FB chat series on January 27 with a discussion about Bitcoin and emerging digital currencies. We are seeking members of the Bitcoin community as potential donors to our cause. I saw on your website that you are championing charities that are accepting Bitcoin donations. I was hoping Bitcoin100 could be one of our kick-off donors.

Jacqueline Dolly
Junior Achievement of New York
420 Lexington Avenue, Suite 205
New York, NY 10170
www.jany.org

and more furballs are being needy!

I am one of the founders of a non-profit cat rescue called Kitty Safe Haven No-Kill Shelter. We are in a small town in southwest Missouri and have been rescuing cats and kittens for the last 14 years. In 2009 we incorporated as a 501(c)(3). We have done minimal fundraising so far and do not advertise locally because through word of mouth we are already overloaded with cats. We do plan on eventually expanding as funds become available. The endowment you offer would be a great help to us this year. We recently started accepting bitcoin donations and you will find various bitcoin widgets on the website.

One donor just before the end of the year (2013) wanted to give us Bitcoin and we added it just for him. After that, one more person chipped in some Bitcoin. We had scarcely heard of Bitcoin before this happened, and now we really like it and plan on talking it up with local businesses and friends.

Thanks very much for your consideration, as the vet bills have really been piling up lately!

Both of the above look fine, Rassah. I like David and his cats.

~Bruno Kucinskas
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 04:56:07 AM

http://www.collectiveactiondc.org/ looks fine, Rassah.

~Bruno Kucinskas

They added the Bitcoin donation option, so donation was sent: https://blockchain.info/tx/fffc13db0f1a907de7258990689ca30ccc18ec06c19f18eaad8fc548348edd50
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 05:04:11 AM

They just added bitcoin to their site, and another $1,000 donation has been sent https://blockchain.info/tx/9a86ba25b9e463f98b7048bc4d3297f20691bd93dcea179d717456320d4790c0
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 05:16:09 AM

Simply get back in touch with them and kindly ask what's the deal. GEEZZZZZZZZ! What the hell are we paying you for? GULP! Just realized you don't get paid. Let's pretend you did... or take a look at one of your wallets that I'm aware of... You and hubby enjoy thanks to me and Josh. I sent a PM to you with the tx.

~Bruno Kucinskas

They said they'll work on fixing up the page, and will have it added to the main donation page in a week or so.
Also, Yikes! I feel very very very very bad receiving stuff I didn't specifically work for. I'm also concerned about conflicts of interest. I'm still wondering what kind of super special gift to get Josh for treating us to dinner in Amsterdam, and what to get you for all the help you've give me.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 05:25:43 AM

Both of the above look fine, Rassah. I like David and his cats.

~Bruno Kucinskas

Donation to kittysafehaven.org sent: https://blockchain.info/tx/4614445f8383c39281f42345a760d0fd3f729a1995de6603beaf4be3e6fa34b6
romy

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 01:57:49 PM

Also this

my name is Romy and I am from Berlin, Germany. I work for a NGO which helps children from arabian countries to get free tutoring. I really would like to know how to register for bitcoin100.
Our website:http://www.schuelerpaten-berlin.de/index.php
I really really appreciate the help.

Thank you!!

Romy

Hey, Can you tell me what else I have to do and how this actually works?
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 03:10:44 AM

Also this

my name is Romy and I am from Berlin, Germany. I work for a NGO which helps children from arabian countries to get free tutoring. I really would like to know how to register for bitcoin100.

Thank you!!

Romy

I think maybe there was some confusion. When did you add the Bitcoin donation option? Phinn claims he found out it was as far back as November of last year. On another thread you mention that you added it specifically because of Bitcoin100, but we were never contacted about it previously. So, I guess the questions are, when did you add Bitcoin as a donation option, and why were we notified only recently?
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 03:14:05 AM
Last edit: January 23, 2014, 03:39:15 AM by Rassah

Some more requests

Hello,

My name is Andy Posner.  I am the Founder and Executive Director of The Capital Good Fund, a 501c3 nonprofit based in Rhode Island.  David Bailey referred me to you re: the offer to get $1,000 worth of Bitcoin donated to you.

Here is the info I was told to provide:

The Capital Good Fund's Tax ID#: REDACTED

Short Description of Capital Good Fund:
Capital Good Fund (CGF) is a social change organization whose mission is to provide equitable financial services that create pathways out of poverty.  As a certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), we offer families living in poverty one-on-one Financial & Health Coaching, free tax preparation and personal loans of up to $2,000.  Since our founding we have grown to a staff of 15 employees and 80 volunteers and disbursed 409 loans totaling $420,000, graduated 700 people through our Coaching programs, and returned $1 million in tax refunds and credits to the community.

Sincerely,

Andy

Daniel D.

Hi Rassah,

I hope all is well – I am writing you on behalf of Arizona Microcredit Initiative, a nonprofit that I cofounded that has 501(c)(3) status. David Bailey said to reach out to you regarding a potential Bitcoin donation.

Our program provides a 14 session class and microloans to entrepreneurs in the Phoenix area. After they graduate from the class, we help businesses that have less than $40,000 in annual income, a business with less than 5 employees, and need less $5,000 in capital. You can see more about our class at http://www.azmicrocredit.org/classes/.

$1,000 would help us advertise our class and to give capital to more entrepreneurs. If it is of interest to you to contribute towards our cause, please let me know as we would love to have a more formalized discussion.

Thank you, enjoy your great week.

Best,
Daniel

--

Daniel Dodell
Board of Directors, Arizona Microcredit Initiative
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 03:30:30 AM

Hi Rassah-

This is great news!  We are ready to receive donations now. Here is a link to our donation page.  https://give2.jany.org/donate
Let me know what we can do to help promote our cause to your community.

In addition, this release is being distributed today:  http://bit.ly/1dP5sip.

Jacqueline Dolly

Donation sent https://blockchain.info/tx/63adc075d5a69122cec1ad3a8c2f0b3762b016cb02f6882f6d3003dbc8b77993

They have a very nice release, with some interesting info. Sadly, I won't be able to watch, since I will be at the post-Miami conference meetup that evening.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 07:06:28 PM

~Bruno Kucinskas

They said they'll work on fixing up the page, and will have it added to the main donation page in a week or so.
Also, Yikes! I feel very very very very bad receiving stuff I didn't specifically work for. I'm also concerned about conflicts of interest. I'm still wondering what kind of super special gift to get Josh for treating us to dinner in Amsterdam, and what to get you for all the help you've give me.

You fuckin' did work your ass for it, and payment for your efforts wasn't from any of the donations. Besides, I love your idea on how you plan on dispersing them in Miami this weekend, outlined via your PM to me.

~TMIBTCITW
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 07:13:40 PM

Also this

Thank you!!

Romy

I think maybe there was some confusion. When did you add the Bitcoin donation option? Phinn claims he found out it was as far back as November of last year. On another thread you mention that you added it specifically because of Bitcoin100, but we were never contacted about it previously. So, I guess the questions are, when did you add Bitcoin as a donation option, and why were we notified only recently?

Gulp! Looks like we may have to reconsider, Rassah, given the following (of which the post was never edited):

Hello Bitcoiners!

I know there is a specific Forum for the bitcoin100 topic, but I am very new and to be honest I just didn´t understand how I could post in that forum. This is why I am posting right here, and I really hope that someone is going to help me Wink
I am from Berlin and I am working for a NPO/NGO here in the city. We help arabian children with homework and tutoring so they get the help for free. Right now we are delevoping a concept so we can help children in other cities as well.
Our homepage: http://schuelerpaten-berlin.de/
I heard that there is the possibility to the be registered at bitcoin100 and I would like to ask you how it works.

I would really appreciate your help and support!! Have a good day

best,

Romy
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 07:35:09 PM

Some more requests

Hello,

My name is Andy Posner.  I am the Founder and Executive Director of The Capital Good Fund, a 501c3 nonprofit based in Rhode Island.  David Bailey referred me to you re: the offer to get $1,000 worth of Bitcoin donated to you.

Here is the info I was told to provide:

The Capital Good Fund's Tax ID#: REDACTED

Short Description of Capital Good Fund:
Capital Good Fund (CGF) is a social change organization whose mission is to provide equitable financial services that create pathways out of poverty.  As a certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), we offer families living in poverty one-on-one Financial & Health Coaching, free tax preparation and personal loans of up to $2,000.  Since our founding we have grown to a staff of 15 employees and 80 volunteers and disbursed 409 loans totaling $420,000, graduated 700 people through our Coaching programs, and returned $1 million in tax refunds and credits to the community.

Sincerely,

Andy

Daniel D.

Hi Rassah,

I hope all is well – I am writing you on behalf of Arizona Microcredit Initiative, a nonprofit that I cofounded that has 501(c)(3) status. David Bailey said to reach out to you regarding a potential Bitcoin donation.

Our program provides a 14 session class and microloans to entrepreneurs in the Phoenix area. After they graduate from the class, we help businesses that have less than $40,000 in annual income, a business with less than 5 employees, and need less $5,000 in capital. You can see more about our class at http://www.azmicrocredit.org/classes/.

$1,000 would help us advertise our class and to give capital to more entrepreneurs. If it is of interest to you to contribute towards our cause, please let me know as we would love to have a more formalized discussion.

Thank you, enjoy your great week.

Best,
Daniel

--

Daniel Dodell
Board of Directors, Arizona Microcredit Initiative

Tell David Bailey to stop, or we're going to run outta money.  Roll Eyes

Seriously, they both look fine, Rassah.

Especially...

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 07:36:38 PM

Hey, Rassah. Take a break from here while you're attending the Miami conference this weekend.

~Bruno Kucinskas
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 07:41:30 PM

I desire to express my thanks to uvwvj for donating the $25 USD bounty I paid him to Bitcoin 100. I'm not providing the tx for privacy purposes, albeit he may not have a concern if I did such, but want to be on the safe side nonetheless.

Here's to hopin' that I can win another bet off Josh this year so that I can spread it around.  Grin

~TMIBTCITW
Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: