Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:09:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin 100: Developed Specifically for Non-Profits  (Read 262677 times)
Nonprofit

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 01:51:45 AM

It may be difficult to honor exactly what you request, but your site http://www.asiconservachile.org/ sure does qualifyfor funding from Bitcoin 100.

All that needs to be done on your part is to embed a Bitcoin donation option onto the site, and you're good to go.

I understand Phinnaeus. I just sent out an email to our webmaster, and hopefully we'll have a button up within a few days. I'll check back in here once I'm sure that everything functions well.

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ira H. Fuchs

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2013, 02:17:11 AM

I'm back are the shadow demons still deployed to validate functional requirements from the nodes in the cloud trading platform?..Ira
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2013, 05:14:14 AM

It may be difficult to honor exactly what you request, but your site http://www.asiconservachile.org/ sure does qualifyfor funding from Bitcoin 100.

All that needs to be done on your part is to embed a Bitcoin donation option onto the site, and you're good to go.

I understand Phinnaeus. I just sent out an email to our webmaster, and hopefully we'll have a button up within a few days. I'll check back in here once I'm sure that everything functions well.

Thanks!

Great! Ideally, it'll be great if you were able to use BitPay, especially if they're able to wave the transfer to fiat fees in your country. Of course we're only talking about a percent or two, but... Either way, a standard Bitcoin donation option button embedded with an address would suffice. Incorporating BitPay is not mandatory. If you were in the US I may insist upon it for it'll give them extra expose or save you the fees, but too wouldn't have been mandatory.

Wish you luck. Please let us (Rassah, edd, and/or myself, if via PMs) know once it's up so that the wheels'll a get a goin' here. Please post in this thread as well for all to read.

Thanks, bud.
Nonprofit

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 03:09:05 AM

Huzzah! In reference to my earlier posts about ASI Conserva Chile, our bitcoin donation button is up and running on our website. You can view it in the upper-right corner of any of our "Who are we" (Quienes Somos) web pages: http://www.asiconservachile.org/ I'm talking to the webmaster to ensure that the button is available for viewing from all of our pages. Just a small fix.

Given that ASI Conserva Chile is not a U.S.-based non-profit, we just went with what I personally use, Coinbase. However, if you highly recommend Bitpay, I'll make the switch.

Please let me know your thoughts!

And thank you! We really appreciate your consideration.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 04:47:02 AM

Huzzah! In reference to my earlier posts about ASI Conserva Chile, our bitcoin donation button is up and running on our website. You can view it in the upper-right corner of any of our "Who are we" (Quienes Somos) web pages: http://www.asiconservachile.org/ I'm talking to the webmaster to ensure that the button is available for viewing from all of our pages. Just a small fix.

Given that ASI Conserva Chile is not a U.S.-based non-profit, we just went with what I personally use, Coinbase. However, if you highly recommend Bitpay, I'll make the switch.

Looks to me like Bitcoin 100 got themselves another NPO to add to their list. I'm sure there shouldn't be a problem once Rassah and edd do a quick review.

If anybody has any extra bitcents lying around, feel free to sent some their way. Take a look at their website and see where they placed the Bitcoin donation button. I think you'll like its placement.

~Bruno K~
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 04:10:06 AM

Looks to me like Bitcoin 100 got themselves another NPO to add to their list. I'm sure there shouldn't be a problem once Rassah and edd do a quick review.

If anybody has any extra bitcents lying around, feel free to sent some their way. Take a look at their website and see where they placed the Bitcoin donation button. I think you'll like its placement.

~Bruno K~

The placement of the button is nice but WTF??? I wanted to send $2 their way and the thing askes me to send exactly one bitcoin??? For an anonymous donation that's a bit steep. The wording "send exaclty" sounds like if I send less, Coinbase will just hide it from them and "try to settle this with me" and if I send more, they will just keep that and try to settle with me again?? Donations should not have a minimum or otherwise exact amount.

This criticism is for Coinbase, not for ASI Conserva Chile though. I'm glad to see some bitcoins flow to Chile and sad that actually they don't flow to Chile thanx to coinbase Sad
ASI Conserva is there no techy among your organisation that promises to buy those coins and sell or not sell them on the Chilean market? I'm in Viña and would offer to help out and I know in Santiago trading Bitcoins is not really much of a problem.

Edit: Coinbase stinks. Either they just got 10 bug reports or zero. The input allows me to enter 0.05, the radio buttons once selected don't allow me to unselect either 5 or 10 but the payment request is 1BTC regardless of what i click above. Sorry but Coinbase seams to be busy counting millions rather than to implement some decent interface.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 04:32:25 AM

I noticed BitPay sometimes rounds off donation amounts to whole bitcoins, or just one or two decimals. That could be a problem I think.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 05:52:37 PM

~Bruno K~

The placement of the button is nice but WTF??? I wanted to send $2 their way and the thing askes me to send exactly one bitcoin??? For an anonymous donation that's a bit steep. The wording "send exaclty" sounds like if I send less, Coinbase will just hide it from them and "try to settle this with me" and if I send more, they will just keep that and try to settle with me again?? Donations should not have a minimum or otherwise exact amount.

This criticism is for Coinbase, not for ASI Conserva Chile though. I'm glad to see some bitcoins flow to Chile and sad that actually they don't flow to Chile thanx to coinbase Sad
ASI Conserva is there no techy among your organisation that promises to buy those coins and sell or not sell them on the Chilean market? I'm in Viña and would offer to help out and I know in Santiago trading Bitcoins is not really much of a problem.

Edit: Coinbase stinks. Either they just got 10 bug reports or zero. The input allows me to enter 0.05, the radio buttons once selected don't allow me to unselect either 5 or 10 but the payment request is 1BTC regardless of what i click above. Sorry but Coinbase seams to be busy counting millions rather than to implement some decent interface.

Thanks, giszmo, for bringing this glitch to everybody's attention. It may be prudent to have this issue resolved before Bitcoin 100 moves forward with any action. I'm sure it'll be addressed to all concerns' satisfaction. I will PM Nonprofit, linking them to this post.
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 06:22:45 PM

It may be prudent to have this issue resolved before Bitcoin 100 moves forward with any action. I'm sure it'll be addressed to all concerns' satisfaction. I will PM Nonprofit, linking them to this post.
As I said, it's not their fault, so they deserve the $1000 but maybe they don't deserve the publicity from B100 until the donation progress is usable. Wonder what Coinbase has to say about that issue.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 07:43:20 PM

It may be prudent to have this issue resolved before Bitcoin 100 moves forward with any action. I'm sure it'll be addressed to all concerns' satisfaction. I will PM Nonprofit, linking them to this post.
As I said, it's not their fault, so they deserve the $1000 but maybe they don't deserve the publicity from B100 until the donation progress is usable. Wonder what Coinbase has to say about that issue.

I'm sure this minor issue will be resolved accordingly. I have sent a PM to Nonprofit.

Giszmo, if you would be so kind, can you send a PM to Coinbase expressing your concern? I feel it has merit.
Nonprofit

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 10:30:22 PM

Thanks all for the attention and the good points. I´m traveling and out of consistent internet access until Thursday, but I´ll look more closely into the button interface and provide some actual feedback later this week. I´m by no means a Bitcoin expert, so the easiest solution might just be switching to a different intermediary such as Bitpay.

I appreciate all of the help though!
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 02:30:14 AM

FYI, that Coinbase 1.0 donaton amount is pretty much arbitrary. You can send whatever amount you wish to the address that it provides. Whatever you type into the entry field doesn't seem to actually do anything.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 02:37:00 AM

1) http://spices.org.my/   PAID
https://blockchain.info/tx/96c53e22e10716c452a45cb0f9074f81f3a0ad79a3a48f6ecff543e1dcc43733

2) http://www.asiconservachile.org/ PAID
https://blockchain.info/tx/9acde89d4cb83772fe586a9ee2de47a6d9b6fad93f8f32a5f28256653169974a

Am I forgetting anyone?
Nonprofit

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 03:26:08 AM

ASI Conserva Chile has successfully received the Bitcoin 100 donation, and we're ecstatic! We'll be using the funds to support bringing key indigenous leaders in Latin America to our conservation congress this summer.

Rassah: As for actual Coinbase process, did you encounter any problems? Did you just input the amount into the entry field? If there is just a problem with the radio buttons, Coinbase allows you to enable/disable that feature. It actually seems better to me to disable them anyways.

Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 03:43:42 AM

ASI Conserva Chile has successfully received the Bitcoin 100 donation, and we're ecstatic! We'll be using the funds to support bringing key indigenous leaders in Latin America to our conservation congress this summer.

Rassah: As for actual Coinbase process, did you encounter any problems? Did you just input the amount into the entry field? If there is just a problem with the radio buttons, Coinbase allows you to enable/disable that feature. It actually seems better to me to disable them anyways.

I typed in the amount into the entry field, then selected the option to send bitcoins, and it asked me to send 1 BTC to an address. It didn't matter what I typed into the entry field, it always asked me to send 1 BTC. I sent the correct amount to the address, and the confirmation button never went anywhere. It just sat there, looking grey. I'm aware of this Coinbase issue, where seemingly NONE of the features in the interface work or do anything, and just sending whatever amount that needs to be sent directly to the address provided seems to work fine.
Pouncer

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 03:45:59 AM

Rassah & all generous donors: Thank you so much for the donation! This will certainly go a long way towards creating greater Bitcoin awareness amongst the committee & staff and helping out in funding SPICES operations.

Thanks again

NXTtechdevfund  GPG Key ID: 0x903BC112
BitCoinYx

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 07:54:18 AM

Hi again.

I promised that the "Sternenhof" foundation (Herbert Denk Stiftung) will give a more detailed report about the exact use of the Bitcoin donation in a press release within the last days. Unfortunately we had a tragic accident, in which one of our 2 lamas (the white one) died.

http://media.pnp.de/_em_daten/_cache/image/pnp/0xUmFuZG9tSVYwMTIzNDU2N7CBKLBJgY6yk5wYSuGlXO+82tH7EoEyXbiTI3EMswP7AiX+z8IWZqyPa6h3mrbHG6DNgzf0BVS+wUKjAPB0C/9iP01xdyj+jyICDQr+Gb36.jpg

Due to many unexpected incidents the Lama was able to get out of the area and had an accident with a car on a main road a few km away from the sanctuary and died immediately.

As both animals had lived together nearly for their whole life there was a big relation between them and the other Lama "Hatschi" (which is handicapped also) is very sad of course.

So our main target at the moment is finding a "new Lama friend" for our "Hatschi" - and chances are great that it will be successful in the next days!

We plan to use the bitcoin donation for the Lama help and we will post more information, also in Facebook  (over 4000 followers) and here in the Forum of course.

Many thanks

Frank for Sternenhof (Herbert Denk Foundation)
Bitcoin: 15EhLA11ZyQgk2rA7bMRmoc9NAYHnke594

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 05:56:38 PM

Rassah & all generous donors: Thank you so much for the donation! This will certainly go a long way towards creating greater Bitcoin awareness amongst the committee & staff and helping out in funding SPICES operations.

Thanks again

I'm glad to here it, Pouncer.

Hi again.

I promised that the "Sternenhof" foundation (Herbert Denk Stiftung) will give a more detailed report about the exact use of the Bitcoin donation in a press release within the last days. Unfortunately we had a tragic accident, in which one of our 2 lamas (the white one) died.

Due to many unexpected incidents the Lama was able to get out of the area and had an accident with a car on a main road a few km away from the sanctuary and died immediately.

As both animals had lived together nearly for their whole life there was a big relation between them and the other Lama "Hatschi" (which is handicapped also) is very sad of course.

So our main target at the moment is finding a "new Lama friend" for our "Hatschi" - and chances are great that it will be successful in the next days!

We plan to use the bitcoin donation for the Lama help and we will post more information, also in Facebook  (over 4000 followers) and here in the Forum of course.

Many thanks

Frank for Sternenhof (Herbert Denk Foundation)
Bitcoin: 15EhLA11ZyQgk2rA7bMRmoc9NAYHnke594

Did Bitcoin 100 just donate to fund a Llama? I believe this is sacrilegious.  Grin

Sorry to hear about your lost. Have you considered an alpaca as a replacement?

Glad to read that this worked out to everybody's satisfactions.

Amazing the shit that can get accomplished once the founder gets outta the way, no longer holding up the process.
No_2

Activity: 901
Merit: 1031

BTC: the beginning of stake-based public resources

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 03:09:09 PM

A charity that works at the University incubation center with my company is thinking about taking donations in Bitcoin. I've been giving them some advice and pointed them at this thread which I've only just discovered myself.

They have just made a white list request in the Newbies forum and hopefully should post here shortly.

Their charity can be found at virtualdoctors.org.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 04:37:22 PM

A charity that works at the University incubation center with my company is thinking about taking donations in Bitcoin. I've been giving them some advice and pointed them at this thread which I've only just discovered myself.

They have just made a white list request in the Newbies forum and hopefully should post here shortly.

Their charity can be found at virtualdoctors.org.

GoDaddy and Wayback look fine, albeit a tad indexing issue with archive.org. I'm checking on a couple other things, but overall looks pretty good.

If anybody, whether a Bitcoin 100 member or not, has any reservations about this organization, feel free to express your concerns.

~Bruno K~
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: