Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:49:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin 100: Developed Specifically for Non-Profits  (Read 262677 times)
Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 11:24:32 AM

We have, for example, several german charities in the list, which received the bitcoin-booster.
In general, it's very uncomplicated: convince a charity to accept bitcoin-donations. If they refuse, the initial donation kickstart from btc-100 might help convince them. If this happens, post in this thread, a few people will give the charity a closer look, and in 93.2% of the cases will send the donation quickly.
We have more funds than charities, so it's all pretty uncomplicated.

About the charity you mention, or any other which already accepts bitcoin donations:
btc-100 isn't simply a "we do good" club, but "we boost btc acceptance". As such, we only give out those donations to charities which explicitely set up bitcoin donations for the promise of this initial donation. If charities do or did it because they understood it's a good thing, without btc-100, even the better. More funds left for the tough cases ;-)

What you might have in mind is a central place to collect all charities which accept btc donations. Yes, this would be very helpful! If a few people help, I'll take the initiative on that.

Ente

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 05:53:19 PM

Not sure what BTC100 is at these days but I agree it is US centric. I would even suggest to focus on markets where Bitcoin is unheard of and not on the US or Germany. In the US and Germany it kind of has outlived its purpose.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2015, 11:31:00 AM

Not sure what BTC100 is at these days but I agree it is US centric. I would even suggest to focus on markets where Bitcoin is unheard of and not on the US or Germany. In the US and Germany it kind of has outlived its purpose.

I think the marketing effect is equal in all areas because in countries where bitcoin is relatively unknown you would have no use for bitcoins anyway. Its slightly more in developed countries but still... its really not on a level where you could say that marketing can stop. At the end this project aims to be an advertising project.

Though at the end all that is needed are persons that persuade organizations to accept bitcoins. So its all up to the readers of this thread i guess.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 01:40:24 AM

I think the marketing effect is equal in all areas because in countries where bitcoin is relatively unknown you would have no use for bitcoins anyway. Its slightly more in developed countries but still... its really not on a level where you could say that marketing can stop. At the end this project aims to be an advertising project.

Though at the end all that is needed are persons that persuade organizations to accept bitcoins. So its all up to the readers of this thread i guess.

I see most sense in going where the donation has the most impact. Not in the sense of the NGO's purpose but in the sense of Bitcoin marketing and for that, a low income country can be a better target with such a donation. Sure, also size matters. Organizations where a dozen or so people discuss the donation will help us more than a one man show. Ultimately I'd like to see Bitcoin to grow evenly all over the world, so I try to promote it where it's the weakest.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
catherinebleish

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 06:28:18 PM

Hi there, Edward from BitBrew suggested I post here. I am with the Center for Natural Living (www.centerfornaturalliving.org). We are only two years old and accept bitcoin. I had the intention of applying last year, but thought we needed bitcoin on the homepage and never found the time to edit it. We do have btc on our donation page and Edward suggested this is enough to qualify.

We are the producers of sovereignliving.tv, a reality based documentary style show that features bitcoin in episode 4! We need $1200 to finish production of Season 1, and $1200 to apply to on demand services like Netflix.  I thought this could be a good fit, if we didn't wait too long to apply...

Please let me know if you need any more information from us, or if there is a formal application.

Also, I am the organizer of the 512bitcoin mini conference during sxsw -- I would love a nonprofit panel, is there anyway for me to see what nonprofits you have served who are also in Texas? Edward is on the merchant panel, is there someone else here from bitcoin100 that would be a good fit for the nonprofit panel?

Thanks, everyone!

Cat

RCHumphrey

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 11:53:35 PM

Hi there, Edward from BitBrew suggested I post here. I am with the Center for Natural Living (www.centerfornaturalliving.org). We are only two years old and accept bitcoin. I had the intention of applying last year, but thought we needed bitcoin on the homepage and never found the time to edit it. We do have btc on our donation page and Edward suggested this is enough to qualify.

We are the producers of sovereignliving.tv, a reality based documentary style show that features bitcoin in episode 4! We need $1200 to finish production of Season 1, and $1200 to apply to on demand services like Netflix.  I thought this could be a good fit, if we didn't wait too long to apply...

Please let me know if you need any more information from us, or if there is a formal application.

Also, I am the organizer of the 512bitcoin mini conference during sxsw -- I would love a nonprofit panel, is there anyway for me to see what nonprofits you have served who are also in Texas? Edward is on the merchant panel, is there someone else here from bitcoin100 that would be a good fit for the nonprofit panel?

Thanks, everyone!

Cat

I think you only qualify if you have been convinced to accept BTC on the basis of this effective promotion. Since you are already aware of crypto as shown by your episode which ''features bitcoin'' I think you will struggle to get this...
erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 06:12:02 PM

Hi,

I have some friends that runs a non-profit org for women victim of violence (http://www.centroantiviolenzapv.it/Liberamente/Homepage.html) in italy
They are completely uninterested in bitcoin at the moment, but I think I can convince them to add a button, if this project is still active.

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 10:52:45 AM

I like that, Erre, thank you for your suggestion and effort.

I am not sure if BTC100 is still active at all.
Bruno inherited it to Rassah, and I didn't hear anything from Rassah in a while.
At least one charity, Rockzipfel, is still waiting for their BTC100 donation, for quite a while.

Anyone else with access to the funds?

Ente
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 01:36:38 PM

I like that, Erre, thank you for your suggestion and effort.

Bruno inherited it to Rassah, and I didn't hear anything from Rassah in a while.
At least one charity, Rockzipfel, is still waiting for their BTC100 donation, for quite a while.

Ente

He's still here. He's helping with mycelium and I think that keeps him pretty busy. He is the only one with access to the funds but he is as honest as the day is long. You don't have to worry about him. Why don't you send him a PM and tell him there's activity in the BTC100 thread?

qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 02:54:57 PM

He's still here. He's helping with mycelium and I think that keeps him pretty busy. He is the only one with access to the funds but he is as honest as the day is long. You don't have to worry about him. Why don't you send him a PM and tell him there's activity in the BTC100 thread?

I tried a while back, several times actually, in response to:
Hi guys. I'm, uh, back. Sorry I was away for a while. We are seriously short on manpower here.

I guess he just doesn't have the time for it anymore.
And now the major question is "can't someone else do it?".
But who should that someone be?
Volunteer, someone?
Ente? Grin

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 04:24:40 PM

Thank you for all the responses  Smiley

I am unaware of possible technical/burocratic complications, but if this project is still active I can try to help them. I also know some other non-profit organizions in italy, mainly in the psychiatric-related field, if the experiment success I can try to convince them too (but it would be harder, since they are not my personal friends, they have not a lot of Internet visibility and they could think that 1k is not worth the effort).

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 09:08:49 PM

Hi guys. I'm, uh, back. Sorry I was away for a while. We are seriously short on manpower here.

Volunteer, someone?
Ente? Grin

For those wondering as to why I walked away from this project at its height, it's because I didn't want the name Bitcoin100 tarnished, akin to why Charlie Shrem excused himself from TBF board. At the time, a lying cocksucker that now has an RO on my ass because he lied to a judge that I was planning on kidnapping his wife started spreading false rumors about me, e.g., I stole barn wood at night and I was stealing bitcoins from Bitcoin100 and that it was a scam. Well, I'm still around, while BFL is shut down and the lyin' fuck still resides in a home fully paid for via funds procured from those he and his outfit scammed until, that is, the KS AG, IRS, USPS, et al., finish their investigations.

I'll get in touch with Rassah and see what's up. I'm almost certain he has hasn't left the country with his coffee table in tow.  Shocked
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 11:43:39 PM

Volunteer, someone?
Ente? Grin

For those wondering as to why I walked away from this project at its height, it's because I didn't want the name Bitcoin100 tarnished, akin to why Charlie Shrem excused himself from TBF board. At the time, a lying cocksucker that now has an RO on my ass because he lied to a judge that I was planning on kidnapping his wife started spreading false rumors about me, e.g., I stole barn wood at night and I was stealing bitcoins from Bitcoin100 and that it was a scam. Well, I'm still around, while BFL is shut down and the lyin' fuck still resides in a home fully paid for via funds procured from those he and his outfit scammed until, that is, the KS AG, IRS, USPS, et al., finish their investigations.

I'll get in touch with Rassah and see what's up. I'm almost certain he has hasn't left the country with his coffee table in tow.  Shocked

Is there any resolution to this yet Bruno? Maybe you can take it back over from Rassah if he's too busy.

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 08:12:19 AM

Okay, PM me any concerns. I'll get this back on track. Any entities worthy will be vetted (painlessly), whereupon a quick call to Rassah to send BTC shall take place.

Thanks, all.

~Bruno Kucinskas
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 12:30:17 AM
Last edit: July 21, 2015, 09:57:50 PM by Gleb Gamow

Hey Bruno,

good to see you taking over control, or something! :-)

So the Rockzipfel NGO is still waiting for its 1k cash infusion:

Rockzipfel
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=52543.msg2519990#msg2519990
http://www.rockzipfel-leipzig.de/geld-spenden
https://blockchain.info/address/14PAEKKhXFhSa7LzWEJDyJgXyfftU7pXKG

Cheers,

Ente

http://whois.domaintools.com/rockzipfel-leipzig.de

As far as I can tell, they fit our criteria. If anybody objects, please state your case, otherwise I'll instruct Rassah to endow the NGO after a 24 hour investigation period.

~Bruno Kucinskas
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 02:21:43 AM

Oh dear god, I'm back. Godamn I let this one slide Undecided (what, one year hiatus, almost)
I decided to make things simpler for myself. Since it's not like we're going to be audited, and everything is public on the blockchain anyway (and I assume Roger Ver doesn't want any part of his Bitcoin donation back), I just moved all the Bitcoin100 related funds into the main BTC100 address, and instead of doing the time consuming accounting of tracking every transaction, every received amount, and every donation in accounting software, will just let it accumulate and do whatever, while I only worry about sending out funds and tracking who was paid. The link to the spreadsheet listing charities is here btw
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bafU08cYWIxF8gV_ZJf74EybOh8ykK7NTVh5dP6Ps2w/edit?usp=sharing

These guys weren't paid before because they didn't have a bitcoin address at the time. Now, MUUUUUUUCH later, they do, so payment sent
https://blockchain.info/tx/0e4f828b64d980ea641a6e072557a0965678ec0a62c4bd1659d2fa2fa664822f

FYI, if anything happens to me, Roger Ver is a backup for the funds.

P.S. Still have the coffee table in tow
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 02:27:16 AM

Also had this guy pre-approved from a while ago

Hi Rassah.

Just following up again.  NCDXF was approved back in August, I believe.  It took a while, but we finally got bitcoin donations up and running on our web site several months ago (http://ncdxf.org/pages/contribute.html).  We've been publicizing it in our newsletter, as well as Twitter, Facebook, etc., and we have already enjoyed several donations as a result.

Can you please list us on the Bitcoin 100 site now, and send the $1000 donation?  Thanks again for all your support!

Regards,
Tim

so $1000 donation sent as well https://blockchain.info/tx/f6920a012dc09ee155a7afc8ab59ce93436eaff3387994bda182ce59f6cf899d
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 04:44:25 AM

Oh dear god, I'm back. Godamn I let this one slide Undecided (what, one year hiatus, almost)
I decided to make things simpler for myself. Since it's not like we're going to be audited, and everything is public on the blockchain anyway (and I assume Roger Ver doesn't want any part of his Bitcoin donation back), I just moved all the Bitcoin100 related funds into the main BTC100 address, and instead of doing the time consuming accounting of tracking every transaction, every received amount, and every donation in accounting software, will just let it accumulate and do whatever, while I only worry about sending out funds and tracking who was paid. The link to the spreadsheet listing charities is here btw
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bafU08cYWIxF8gV_ZJf74EybOh8ykK7NTVh5dP6Ps2w/edit?usp=sharing

These guys weren't paid before because they didn't have a bitcoin address at the time. Now, MUUUUUUUCH later, they do, so payment sent
https://blockchain.info/tx/0e4f828b64d980ea641a6e072557a0965678ec0a62c4bd1659d2fa2fa664822f

FYI, if anything happens to me, Roger Ver is a backup for the funds.

P.S. Still have the coffee table in tow

No problem whatsoever, Rassah. We'll keep it simple.

Looks like we're still able to endow right at 30 non-profits at the current exchange rate. That, or purchase ~60+ epic coffee tables.  Shocked
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 04:58:52 AM

The art alone on this one was $600, so no.

I'll go through the history and add the previous endowments to the spreadsheet, and I guess go through my Bitcoin100 emails and see who we can add to verify here. I'm pretty sure we can find 30 more, pay them out, and get this over with.

BTW, I have had multiple requests from Sean's Outpost for help. Jason King has had to move to DC for a bit to be with his kids, and as a result hasn't been able to fundraise as much, and bills for that charity are piling up. Anyone have any objections to breaking the rules once (on donating to charities new to Bitcoin) and sending an endowment his way too?
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 01:18:51 PM

The art alone on this one was $600, so no.

I'll go through the history and add the previous endowments to the spreadsheet, and I guess go through my Bitcoin100 emails and see who we can add to verify here. I'm pretty sure we can find 30 more, pay them out, and get this over with.

BTW, I have had multiple requests from Sean's Outpost for help. Jason King has had to move to DC for a bit to be with his kids, and as a result hasn't been able to fundraise as much, and bills for that charity are piling up. Anyone have any objections to breaking the rules once (on donating to charities new to Bitcoin) and sending an endowment his way too?

Hadnt Seans Outpost some accusations about that they are fake and all? Is this cleared now or am i remembering wrong?

I guess you need to ask the donators, maybe biggest ones, for their opinion. Its their money they donated for a special cause, so changing rules there...

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: