Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:13:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Placeholder

Pages: « 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Donated $2k+ To Charity] Clean Water Coin: A Crypto Charity (Pure PoS)  (Read 195660 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
DreamMiner

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 07:23:33 PM

What is the status of the official pool?
CleanWaterCoin (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 08:31:50 PM

What is the status of the official pool?

The official pool is up and finding blocks as normal. Grin

CleanWaterCoin.org | A Crypto Charity
portdavenport

Activity: 166

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 03:28:33 AM
Last edit: June 22, 2014, 04:03:06 AM by portdavenport

Are there any CleanWaterCoin.org WATER wallet builds or downloads after 1.7.0.1?

I'm stuck at 11942 approx blocks remaining and still have 16K of unconfirmed coins which were previously confirmed.

1.7.0.1 is the latest wallet, but we recommend backing up your wallet.dat and deleting everything -- and then firing back up the wallet again. Have you tried that?

I cleared everything again (i.e. deleted all the blockchain files, except wallet.dat) on my 9500 water unconfirmed Wallet #1 and cleared everything on our preferred newer Water Wallet #2 for receiving funds when mining at the Official Clear Water Coin pool at pool.cleanwatercoin.org. Reference: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=526513.msg7121436#msg7121436

The first 1.7.0.1 Windows 8.1 64-bit Wallet #1 doesn't sync any further at 1009 blocks to go. The Second Water Wallet 1.7.0.1 on Windows 7 64-bit is stuck around 958 blocks to go.

Actually an UPDATE:
on the Windows 8.1 WATER wallet #1, it now says:

WARNING: Invalid checkpoint found! Displayed transactions may not be correct! You may need to upgrade, or notify developers.
RoyalSands

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 03:28:26 PM

Are there any CleanWaterCoin.org WATER wallet builds or downloads after 1.7.0.1?

I'm stuck at 11942 approx blocks remaining and still have 16K of unconfirmed coins which were previously confirmed.

1.7.0.1 is the latest wallet, but we recommend backing up your wallet.dat and deleting everything -- and then firing back up the wallet again. Have you tried that?

I cleared everything again (i.e. deleted all the blockchain files, except wallet.dat) on my 9500 water unconfirmed Wallet #1 and cleared everything on our preferred newer Water Wallet #2 for receiving funds when mining at the Official Clear Water Coin pool at pool.cleanwatercoin.org. Reference: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=526513.msg7121436#msg7121436

The first 1.7.0.1 Windows 8.1 64-bit Wallet #1 doesn't sync any further at 1009 blocks to go. The Second Water Wallet 1.7.0.1 on Windows 7 64-bit is stuck around 958 blocks to go.

Actually an UPDATE:

WARNING: Invalid checkpoint found! Displayed transactions may not be correct! You may need to upgrade, or notify developers.

Wait a full 24 hours and try again.
mindfox

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Donate to put a smile on my face :)

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 08:42:51 AM

Actually an UPDATE:

The Warning you get, means that you have received (and accepted) blocks from the wrong chain (there are still bogus wallets online).
I was about to update the wallet with a new client that would reject connections from clients of previous versions so we don't have to worry about this anymore, but didn't have time to finish up. Will do as soon as my schedule allows it. I apologize for the delays and I take all the blames on me regarding that. I'm still trying to find ways to extend a day's length to more than 24h. It's just ain't enough... Smiley
My advice to you is to delete the files (indluding wallet.dat after of course you create a backup of it) and put in your config file the following:

Code:
irc=0
dns=0
connect= 107.170.89.103

This will make your wallet connect to this ip only (it's one of the official nodes of cleanwatercoin) and download blocks from the chain.
You might see that you can't connect to it. Just let it open, eventually it will connect (as soon as the ban period has passed).
Then, as soon as your wallet finishes syncing, stop the wallet, remove the above directives (or just put a # in front of them to remark them), restore your wallet.dat backup and then start your wallet again.
If you find many coins that you minted through PoS to not be available anymore, that's normal as most probably you were staking in the wrong chain.
If you find that there are coins missing, you can always do a "checkwallet" from the rpc console to see what the wallet thinks about those coins. In case there are coins reported as missing or spent, then run "repairwallet"

Hope that helps
IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:36:04 PM

Actually an UPDATE:

The Warning you get, means that you have received (and accepted) blocks from the wrong chain (there are still bogus wallets online).
I was about to update the wallet with a new client that would reject connections from clients of previous versions so we don't have to worry about this anymore, but didn't have time to finish up. Will do as soon as my schedule allows it. I apologize for the delays and I take all the blames on me regarding that. I'm still trying to find ways to extend a day's length to more than 24h. It's just ain't enough... Smiley
My advice to you is to delete the files (indluding wallet.dat after of course you create a backup of it) and put in your config file the following:

Code:
irc=0
dns=0
connect= 107.170.89.103

This will make your wallet connect to this ip only (it's one of the official nodes of cleanwatercoin) and download blocks from the chain.
You might see that you can't connect to it. Just let it open, eventually it will connect (as soon as the ban period has passed).
Then, as soon as your wallet finishes syncing, stop the wallet, remove the above directives (or just put a # in front of them to remark them), restore your wallet.dat backup and then start your wallet again.
If you find many coins that you minted through PoS to not be available anymore, that's normal as most probably you were staking in the wrong chain.
If you find that there are coins missing, you can always do a "checkwallet" from the rpc console to see what the wallet thinks about those coins. In case there are coins reported as missing or spent, then run "repairwallet"

Hope that helps

Is the proper name for the config file "cleanwatercoin.conf"?
mindfox

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 09:48:12 PM

Yes
IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 10:39:38 PM

Yes

Hey bud......just wanted to say thanks for the instructions!  I did have to run the checkwallet and repairwallet as my coins were gone after the sync, but all are there now and all is good.

Thanks again:-)
CleanWaterCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 10:57:14 PM

Yes

Hey bud......just wanted to say thanks for the instructions!  I did have to run the checkwallet and repairwallet as my coins were gone after the sync, but all are there now and all is good.

Thanks again:-)

Glad it worked out for ya!! Grin

BrianB

Activity: 121

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:09:43 AM

Any reason not to just re-import priv keys instead of going back to old wallet.dat?

RoyalSands

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:28:53 AM

Actually an UPDATE:

Code:
irc=0
dns=0
connect= 107.170.89.103

Hope that helps

I did this after I tried to send coins to myself and it never confirmed.  Turns out I had several PoS coins that were on the wrong chain.  After the repairwallet PoS coins started staking like crazy.  Very helpful stuff, thanks!
mindfox

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 09:20:32 AM

Any reason not to just re-import priv keys instead of going back to old wallet.dat?

Yes. Most users don't know what commands to run in order to get "all" the wallet addresses.
Your wallet has more addresses than shown in the "receive" tab.
Those are new addresses created for "change", which means the remaining of the coins from a transaction you created.

So, if you don't dump and import private keys of all the addresses, you may end up with missing coins.
BrianB

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:49:38 PM

Yes. Most users don't know what commands to run in order to get "all" the wallet addresses.
Those are new addresses created for "change", which means the remaining of the coins from a transaction you created.

So, if you don't dump and import private keys of all the addresses, you may end up with missing coins.

I had previously made a new wallet and send coins out of my old wallet because it was hard to tell what was missing in every resync.  So it's just a short list on my new wallet, easy to import Smiley  Which worked great.  But then I tried to send a few over to bittrex:

Any ideas?

IntroVert

Activity: 265
Merit: 119

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:10:25 PM

I had previously made a new wallet and send coins out of my old wallet because it was hard to tell what was missing in every resync.  So it's just a short list on my new wallet, easy to import Smiley  Which worked great.  But then I tried to send a few over to bittrex:

Any ideas?

Same thing happened to me when I decided to give up on maintaining a local wallet + stake and tried to move everything to Bittrex. I kind of followed what mindfox recommended while back:

1. Run checkwallet in the debug window. Given that the message is about coin mismatch, you are likely to get back a message that some amount of coins is out of sync.
2. Run repairwallet in the same window.
3. Retry transaction. It is possible that the amount you originally tried to transfer might not be available, but it should become available after waiting a little bit. If the original amount was less than 1/2 of the value of your wallet, it is likely that on the next try you will succeed (i.e. will use coins from other inputs in your wallet). If you don't have enough funds, just wait for the coins from the original transaction to be "returned" to your wallet.
4. In case 3 fails again, repeat starting from 1. You will eventually succeed.

By free estimate, I had to do this 8-10 times until I moved the whole content of my wallet. You also might need to close and reopen the wallet as well for the missing amount to appear.

As always, back up your wallet before attempting anything.

Good luck!
BrianB

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:14:13 PM

Any ideas?

Same thing happened to me when I decided to give up on maintaining a local wallet + stake and tried to move everything to Bittrex. I kind of followed what mindfox recommended while back:

1. Run checkwallet in the debug window. Given that the message is about coin mismatch, you are likely to get back a message that some amount of coins is out of sync.
3. Retry transaction. It is possible that the amount you originally tried to transfer might not be available, but it should become available after waiting a little bit. If the original amount was less than 1/2 of the value of your wallet, it is likely that on the next try you will succeed (i.e. will use coins from other inputs in your wallet). If you don't have enough funds, just wait for the coins from the original transaction to be "returned" to your wallet.

By free estimate, I had to do this 8-10 times until I moved the whole content of my wallet. You also might need to close and reopen the wallet as well for the missing amount to appear.

Good luck!

Yeah I was only trying to send less than 3% of my coins lol.  Thanks for the info, glad I'm not only one with these problems!  Any word on when the next wallet update will be out?

CleanWaterCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 05:01:36 PM

Any ideas?

Good luck!

Yeah I was only trying to send less than 3% of my coins lol.  Thanks for the info, glad I'm not only one with these problems!  Any word on when the next wallet update will be out?

I know Mindfox was working on it yesterday and I believe it's about ready. He is actually driving home now and then we'll be catching up. Standby for an update on version 1.7.0.3.

BrianB

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 05:11:52 PM

Any ideas?

Good luck!

I know Mindfox was working on it yesterday and I believe it's about ready. He is actually driving home now and then we'll be catching up. Standby for an update on version 1.7.0.3.

Cool, I'll just close wallet and wait for update then.  I have so many copies of wallet.dat files from bad re-sync's i'm losing track Sad

portdavenport

Activity: 166

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:23:20 AM

Actually an UPDATE:

Code:
irc=0
dns=0
connect= 107.170.89.103

Hope that helps

Thank you, Mindfox, for taking the time to help and providing this information/suggestion. I will try your solution in the coming days and report back.

PS. If you are ever get some free time or are interested in being involved in a serious dark horse cryptocurrency development project with branding, business model and technical outlines to target top 10 in coinmarketcap.com; I am currently sleeping on such as project right now and I am interested in learning more about your expertise - you are welcome to send me an introduction email.

David
portdavenport
Email: neoclassicentertainment@iinet.net.au for potential collaboration.  
free_istheway

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 05:59:44 PM

Hi
I've had no luck at all getting a qt client to run on linux.
cleanwatercoind compiles with some warnings, which works for me, but it'd be nice if there was a gui available for linux.

I'm running kubuntu 13.04
The pre-compiled version complains about missing  libboost_*.so.1.48.0 libraries...
I went through an made a ton of links to from libboost_*.so.1.53.0 to 1.48.0, which got rid of those complaints, but then it ended up with:
  cleanwatercoin.6.10/cleanwatercoin-1.7.0.1-qt: symbol lookup error: ./cleanwatercoin-1.7.0.1-qt: undefined symbol: _ZN5boost11filesystem34path21wchar_t_codecvt_facetEv

Which seemed like a dead end...

I also tried compiling the qt client from the latest github.
I've compiled several other *coin qt clients without any problems on my system, but cleanwatercoin-qt failed everything I've tried.
with qmake/make:
make says:
<command-line>:0:2: error: no macro name given in #define directive
<command-line>:0:1: error: macro names must be identifiers
make: *** [build/bitcoin.o] Error 1

qmake-qt4/make
qmake-qt4 mentions:
Warning: unknown QT: widgetsProject MESSAGE: Warning: unknown QT: widgets
then make stops at:
In file included from src/qt/optionsdialog.cpp:2:0:
build/ui_optionsdialog.h:13:29: fatal error: QtWidgets/QAction: No such file or directory
 #include <QtWidgets/QAction>
                             ^
compilation terminated.
make: *** [build/optionsdialog.o] Error 1

I tried a couple of weak attempts to resolve that, but no luck...

I also tried compiling on an ubuntu 12.04 box, but no luck there either
And qt-creator, naturally, had the same compile failures..

I mentioned this on the IRC, and it didn't seem like there were many linux types that wanted a gui.
Maybe that's true here as well... but since the code is out there, it would probably be good if it compiled on common platforms...
Maybe a statically linked binary?

Anyway, I'm glad other issues seem to be all fixed up... I'm mining away, waiting for the 0.00000100's or better...
Thanks!

CleanWaterCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 07:59:46 PM

Scrypt or X11: We Want To Hear From You!

Attention Clean Water Coin Community,

With summer here, or right around the corner (depending on where you live), we have all been noodling the idea of switching over to X11. X11, as many of you know -- has proven to be a less expensive way to mine coins with slightly increased productivity. And so we would like to pose the question to each of you and get your feedback.

Should we hard fork and change to the X11 algorithm? Please let us know your thoughts, suggestions, or comments!! Grin

We look forward to hearing from you,
The Clean Water Coin Team

Pages: « 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 »
  Print  

Jump to: