Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 10:17:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Neo & Bee talk (spam free thread)  (Read 261863 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jakedeez

Activity: 512
Merit: 250

ICO is evil

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 04:38:56 PM

Hey Herp, sorry if this comes off as really noobish, but what exactly do you see as Neo's revenue model?  They actively discourage speculative trading in the branch (Danny told me this himself, face to face), and despite looking into it, I can't figure out exactly how they plan to make money.  Unless of course it is from their "fiat stable" accounts benefiting from a rise in bitcoin.  Also, what kind of risk do you see to them if coin prices fall, due to the same issue of having a "fiat stable" account base?

Thanks.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1khGADbJeu0efCNZ13lnz8BucG7PfS5Cl9lBZ1sncY-4/edit

This recently released updated prospectus should answer your questions.

Not to sound shrill or anything, but I just read the prospectus, and other then a fee on transfers to reduce the cost of transferring internationally when compared to Western Union or whatever, I can't actually find a part of the prospectus where they say how they will make money.  There are lots of products and futures plans, but I honestly can't find the part where they say, "this is how we will profit." 

Can you point it out?  I know it has to be in there, I am not a hater here or anything... Like I said, visited their offices two weeks ago.  Had a great chat with Danny.  My paperwallet company is working on some sample wallets for them.  I would be interested in investing, but honestly can't figure it out.

Thanks man.
mikemikemike
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 04:40:57 PM

can someone give neobee a call and ask when the next update to investors will be? i'd do it myself but my phone is about as useful as a doorstop right now
PeterHarrisonCY

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 05:11:24 PM

If someone can record and send me the talk on Sigma tonight (i would but I am a tech noob) I can make an English voiceover and upload it to youtube...or if you tell me how to and you are interested I can make a live translation
equipoise

Activity: 794
Merit: 1000

Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 05:19:16 PM

I'm now sure for me and my opinion about the troll posts! Do not take my opinion as yours - do your own research. The trolls who took over the tread are mpex connected. See this tread and the response from Danny:
...the people that paid for your mother's airfare? How did you settle the hospital bill?
Oh, you think I was in a coma in 2013, fortunately not
September 2013..... My mother had passed away in the May 2009 Good one!
Congratulations, you should join Newsweek!
Right after this tread was created some troll posts from multiple troll accounts were posted in the Neo & Bee official bitcointalk tread. Note that mpex take 30 bitcoins just to allow you to trade and they have huge amount of bitcoins. On my opinion they are:
1) Trolling huge amount of threads in this forum for profit (and far beyond this forum).
2) Currently paid pretty well
3) Buying huge amount of neo & bee low-cost shares
4) Well funded from doubtful sources
5) Creating bets and heavily betting against Neo & Bee
6) Making mock of sec
... I have some more

Overall whoever is doing this is doing it for huge profit and power and is not alone - I've spotted multiple groups of organized trolls doing the same in different fields and aspects.
On other hand - I'll be surprised if we'll get the first Neo & Bee dividend so fast (first quarter, just 35 days after their grand opening) - they just started and I'm pretty sure they are already filling the needed documents for the business to spread to UK, Germany and some more (see the recent UK, USA, Germany and a lot more bullish news about legislation). On my opinion they should be very busy right now and we will see the results coming soon. Neo & Bee have the advantage to be the first of its kind and some are both jealous and represent the scum of society. Neo & Bee is the kind of business which is bringing this technology to mass adoption. More slop will follow not only according Neo & Bee and Bitcoin at all, but regarding many other aspects of our life. Those vermin are here to stay for a while, so be careful and think twice!

About me | zRMicroArray - phase 2 - Gene Expression Analysis software | [Weed Like to Talk - Bulgaria] Start a wave of cannabis seminars in Europe | Monero weighted average price stats: moneroprice.i2p
BTC: 1KoCX7TWKVGwqmmFw3CKyUSrKRSStueZar | NMC: NKhYEYpe1Le9MwHrwKsdSm5617J4toVar9 | XMR (Tip me a beer OpenAlias Monero address): tip.changetheworldwork.com
[XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency: 4AyRmUcxzefB5quumzK3HNE4zmCiGc8vhG6fE1oJpGVyVZF7fvDgSpt3MzgLfQ6Q1719xQhmfkM9Z2u NXgDMqYhjJVmc6KX
Herp (OP)

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 05:36:29 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2014, 05:48:06 PM by Herp

I'm now sure for me and my opinion about the troll posts! Do not take my opinion as yours - do your own research. The trolls who took over the tread are mpex connected. See this tread and the response from Danny:
...the people that paid for your mother's airfare? How did you settle the hospital bill?
Oh, you think I was in a coma in 2013, fortunately not
September 2013..... My mother had passed away in the May 2009 Good one!
Congratulations, you should join Newsweek!
Right after this tread was created some troll posts from multiple troll accounts were posted in the Neo & Bee official bitcointalk tread. Note that mpex take 30 bitcoins just to allow you to trade and they have huge amount of bitcoins. On my opinion they are:
1) Trolling huge amount of threads in this forum for profit (and far beyond this forum).
2) Currently paid pretty well
3) Buying huge amount of neo & bee low-cost shares
4) Well funded from doubtful sources
5) Creating bets and heavily betting against Neo & Bee
6) Making mock of sec
... I have some more

Overall whoever is doing this is doing it for huge profit and power and is not alone - I've spotted multiple groups of organized trolls doing the same in different fields and aspects.
On other hand - I'll be surprised if we'll get the first Neo & Bee dividend so fast (first quarter, just 35 days after their grand opening) - they just started and I'm pretty sure they are already filling the needed documents for the business to spread to UK, Germany and some more (see the recent UK, USA, Germany and a lot more bullish news about legislation). On my opinion they should be very busy right now and we will see the results coming soon. Neo & Bee have the advantage to be the first of its kind and some are both jealous and represent the scum of society. Neo & Bee is the kind of business which is bringing this technology to mass adoption. More slop will follow not only according Neo & Bee and Bitcoin at all, but regarding many other aspects of our life. Those vermin are here to stay for a while, so be careful and think twice!

You're quite right.

The guy operated that exchange since 2011 and managed to get his hands on a decent chunk of btc. He's no stranger to betting, as I was saying earlier and could spare some coins to hire a bunch trolls (or a dedicated troll) to bash the competition. https://twitter.com/ErikVoorhees/status/445237042297860096 Funny how his trolls are advertising this very same website in their signatures and forum posts.

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

thekekk

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 06:24:11 PM

If someone can record and send me the talk on Sigma tonight (i would but I am a tech noob) I can make an English voiceover and upload it to youtube...or if you tell me how to and you are interested I can make a live translation

video will be uploaded here later tonight or tomorrow morning
http://www.sigmatv.com/shows/60-lepta/episodes

BTC: 1AqwCAprjKRniThdxvCDx1TMPUYsqd8ig7
EAC: eYqPmqv3AiB12Z5b2MMpNm1vXtVPnp5PPX
e-token: e4ViTyRpJF9whLiKtLaAranijfeoTrww4u
PeterHarrisonCY

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 07:05:46 PM

Perfect! Will be translating it tomorrow if I have time
Herp (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 08:57:44 PM

Not sure how many people caught this but Tuur Demesteer has openly admitted he's a Neobee shareholder last week.

https://twitter.com/tuurdemeester/status/445677496420564993

We knew he went to Cyprus at the opening and said he didn't own any shares at the time.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

Stelios

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:14:57 PM

Guys sorry to say so but the NEO guy at 60 minutes now is quite rubbish (he just said that now you can buy nothing with bitcoin)
Herp (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:19:49 PM

Guys sorry to say so but the NEO guy at 60 minutes now is quite rubbish (he just said that now you can buy nothing with bitcoin)

Guess depends on the context. You can certainly buy lots of things with Bitcoin, especially online. He probably meant to say you can't buy stuff from physical stores in Cyprus with Bitcoin, though you should be able to do that with a NeoBee card at merchants that have Neobee pos devices.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

Herp (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:26:57 PM

It's still going http://www.sigmatv.com/

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

Stelios

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:27:20 PM

Guess depends on the context. You can certainly buy lots of things with Bitcoin, especially online. He probably meant that you can't buy stuff from physical stores in Cyprus with Bitcoin, though you should be able to do that with a NeoBee card at merchants that have Neobee pos devices.

Correct, I think this guy went there unprepared (if i get it correctly the official representative of NEO was going to be there but for some reason did not make it so the second in command took his place at the last moment).

EDIT: The Old guy is really informed though, I am impressed, way to go Cyprus!
thekekk

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:29:35 PM

neo gave a lot of explanations today this needs to be translate asap

Herp (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:32:07 PM

Guess depends on the context. You can certainly buy lots of things with Bitcoin, especially online. He probably meant that you can't buy stuff from physical stores in Cyprus with Bitcoin, though you should be able to do that with a NeoBee card at merchants that have Neobee pos devices.

Correct, I think this guy went there unprepared (if i get it correctly the official representative of NEO was going to be there but for some reason did not make it so the second in command took his place at the last moment).

Is the older guy against it or for it? He mentioned MtGox at some point.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

thekekk

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:33:17 PM

the old guy fully supports it as a form of payment but not as an investment because prices not steady

Herp (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:35:29 PM

the old guy fully supports it as a form of payment but not as an investment because prices not steady

Hmm interesting. So he's all for merchants accepting Bitcoin via Neobee cards/pos system. He's half way there. Guess MtGox incident gave him some pause since he name dropped it.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

thekekk

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:35:37 PM

neo said they will open a wallet when they are absolutely sure the wallet will be safe

thekekk

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:36:54 PM

Hmm interesting. So he's all for merchants accepting Bitcoin via Neobee cards/pos system. He's half way there. Guess MtGox incident gave him some pause since he name dropped it.

he dropped silk road too Smiley

Stelios

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:38:05 PM

Correct! Irrespective of his opinion though I am impressed by his level of information on bitcoin (for an old Cypriot guys that is Smiley ). If this is a measure of the awareness that NEO raised in Cyprus then NEO did a VERY good job. Still quite disappointed by the other guy though :S
Herp (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:38:45 PM

Do you know who the old guy is? He was almost on-board with the idea and was basically the "opponent" the Neobee rep had to face. This was apparently set up as some kinda` showdown between Neobee rep and this older guy, moderated by the talk show host.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: