Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 06:31:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 81 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 1GH/s, 20w, $700 (was $500) — Butterflylabs, is it for real? (Part 2)  (Read 146879 times)
BFL

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2011, 03:53:55 AM
Last edit: December 26, 2011, 02:13:08 PM by BFL

Ladies and gentlemen,

This thread has officially degenerated.  I'll be leaving you four trolls to yourselves.  Have a good time.

If you have any serious questions or comments, please send them via email to office @ butterflylabs com.  I'll do my best to reply in good time.

Kind regards,
BFL

Butterfly Labs  -  www.butterflylabs.com  -  Bitcoin Mining Hardware

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2011, 03:59:09 AM

Thank you for gracing us with your presence to partially answer questions for two weeks in a thread that has been running for three months.

You didn't show up with real responses to the questions posed until the cat was out of the bag on your claims being bullshit. Perhaps in the future you could interact with your clientele in a context outside damage mitigation.

Anyways, merry christmas. I look forward to your product hitting the market. Once it is here and proven functional and reliable, I am sure you will have more orders than you can handle (>2).
legolouman

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Decent Programmer to boot!

View Profile
December 26, 2011, 04:05:22 AM

Thank you for gracing us with your presence to partially answer questions for two weeks in a thread that has been running for three months.

You didn't show up with real responses to the questions posed until the cat was out of the bag on your claims being bullshit. Perhaps in the future you could interact with your clientele in a context outside damage mitigation.

Anyways, merry christmas. I look forward to your product hitting the market. Once it is here and proven functional and reliable, I am sure you will have more orders than you can handle (>2).

+1 It is the truth... They only tried to minimize damage control on their ignorance to sharing knowledge.

If you love me, you'd give me a Satoshi!
BTC - 1MSzGKh5znbrcEF2qTrtrWBm4ydH5eT49f
LTC - LYeJrmYQQvt6gRQxrDz66XTwtkdodx9udz
RandyFolds

View Profile
December 26, 2011, 04:12:13 AM

Butterflylabs, is it for real?

That is the topic. The point of this thread was to see if you are for real. The questions asked were very on topic and related. Asking very reasonable questions is not trolling. The smart people asking questions are known to other forum members as being reasonable and educated on the topic. Your calling us trolls does not make it so.

Also keep in mind, this is not your personal thread. You had the option to make your own thread to give out information. Please read the topic again...

I am not shocked about your strategy of fleeing. If you do not have answers it is safer for you not to give any.

Best of luck in life and Merry Christmas.

I mean, I have no skin in the game so I am kind of trolling, but sheeeit...I think I have made some valid points.
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
December 26, 2011, 06:09:57 AM

Just for the sake of being one of those guys that doesn't make a habit of talking shit over the internet and would say much worse to someone's face......

I hope this product turns out to be the greatest piece of Bitcoin mining hardware available, making every finger-pointing cry-baby douche bag in this, as well as the previous thread look like a complete idiot......and are somehow denied the opportunity to ever purchase one....and contract either gonorrhoea or syphilis.

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
December 26, 2011, 06:35:44 AM

Not satisfying your curiosity by keeping the nature of our technology private isn't being dishonest.  What's relevant is performance and as far as that goes, we've been perfectly open and have shared the details along the way with both the public and our customers.

3. Is your system based on FPGA or ASIC technology?

The BitForce processor card is a proprietary implementation of both FPGA and ASIC technology.

Are you claiming to be using a non off-the-shelf FPGA? Since you don't understand power draws, I question how much power you are pumping through those FPGAs.

Buy & Hold
Syke
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2011, 06:49:39 AM

I hope this product turns out to be the greatest piece of Bitcoin mining hardware available, making every finger-pointing cry-baby douche bag in this, as well as the previous thread look like a complete idiot.
Their claims have already been proved to be false. The only idiots were the ones that didn't question those claims. It's unlikely we're done finding problems with BFL.

Buy & Hold
bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
December 26, 2011, 07:07:21 AM

Their claims have already been proved to be false. The only idiots were the ones that didn't question those claims. It's unlikely we're done finding problems with BFL.
YES, BY THEIR OWN DOING/TESTING....NOT BY YOU OR ANYONE ELSE HERE. Their testing has lead to a re-evaluation of things, not the MOB and it's attack on them.

Why not just let them be ?
Do they really need to be investigated ? their business location checked on ? grilling the 'public' persona of this company ?
Why not let them get a piece of equipment on the market, then critique it ?

They have clearly made claims to the contrary, to which they are coming to terms with now and have already offered 'a way out' for those TWO PEOPLE? that have made deposits, by way of FULL REFUND or CONTINUING with their orders after specs have been finalized.

I bet this thread would get really quiet if it were to be reserved for only those who have made a financial stake in their product.

Everyone is fighting over paper specs and speculation, not to mention, how many of you would walk into a Chevy dealership and scream at the Receptionist if the Corvette failed to make it's advertised power on a Dynometer ?

bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
December 26, 2011, 07:37:09 AM

This thread is about speculating on if their product is real or not. Read the topic title.  BFL can make their own thread and I wont post there as anything I post would odds are be off topic.
Right..... and having the scammer tag constantly thrown at them is SSSooooo productive, right ?
How's that helping with speculation and their general response to the forum that has done all but actually/physically SHIT on them ?

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 26, 2011, 10:42:44 AM

bitlane is right. trolls will always troll and haters will always hate. everyone should shut up until someone receives a working unit. the reality is that people can't think for themselves. like the product, then buy it. don't like it then don't buy it and then let them be. in every purchase there are some risks. i thought bitcoin users are a bit more thoughtful, but i was wrong.
BFL keep doing whatever you are doing there, but don't forget there are a lot of people that are waiting for the product to be shipped. i bet trolls will troll even after the product ships about the whatever-random-thing on the unit board.(maybe i want the PCB to be yellow)

notme
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 26, 2011, 01:44:45 PM

bitlane is right. trolls will always troll and haters will always hate. everyone should shut up until someone receives a working unit. the reality is that people can't think for themselves. like the product, then buy it. don't like it then don't buy it and then let them be. in every purchase there are some risks. i thought bitcoin users are a bit more thoughtful, but i was wrong.
BFL keep doing whatever you are doing there, but don't forget there are a lot of people that are waiting for the product to be shipped. i bet trolls will troll even after the product ships about the whatever-random-thing on the unit board.(maybe i want the PCB to be yellow)

+1

You guys didn't give BFL a chance.  From day one on the original thread you were accusing them of being scammers.  Either they are the most stubborn scammers in the world, or they have a real product.  That's why I sent them $617.  If I'm scammed, then kudos to BFL for your persistence.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
MelMan2002

Activity: 461
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 26, 2011, 03:01:18 PM

+1

You guys didn't give BFL a chance.  From day one on the original thread you were accusing them of being scammers.  Either they are the most stubborn scammers in the world, or they have a real product.  That's why I sent them $617.  If I'm scammed, then kudos to BFL for your persistence.

Lol if you are giving out money for persistence than maybe I should pester you until you give me money.

19F6veduCZcudwXuWoVosjmzziQz4EhBPS
notme
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 26, 2011, 03:32:10 PM

+1

Lol if you are giving out money for persistence than maybe I should pester you until you give me money.

Persistence in the face of adversity.  I'd just click ignore for you.  Also, screw you guys for luring me in to replying to this thread.  Is there a way to unsubscribe?

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
fred0

Activity: 349

View Profile
December 26, 2011, 03:42:01 PM

+1

Persistence in the face of adversity.  I'd just click ignore for you.  Also, screw you guys for luring me in to replying to this thread.  Is there a way to unsubscribe?
The siren song of the bitcoin mining hardware thread, who among us is strong enough to resist?
digital

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 26, 2011, 04:44:02 PM

Just for the sake of being one of those guys that doesn't make a habit of talking shit over the internet and would say much worse to someone's face......

I hope this product turns out to be the greatest piece of Bitcoin mining hardware available, making every finger-pointing cry-baby douche bag in this, as well as the previous thread look like a complete idiot......and are somehow denied the opportunity to ever purchase one....and contract either gonorrhoea or syphilis.

Best post in the thread...

I lol'ed

If I help you out: 17QatvSdciyv2zsdAbphDEUzST1S6x46c3
References (bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=): 50051.20  50051.100  53668.0  53788.0  53571.0  53571.0  52212.0  50729.0  114804.0  115468  78106  69061  58572  54747
Syke
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2011, 06:58:04 PM

You guys didn't give BFL a chance.  From day one on the original thread you were accusing them of being scammers.

Because we didn't believe their claims. And we were right. There is no 1GH/s, 20w, $700, miner.

Buy & Hold
bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 26, 2011, 07:29:55 PM

You guys didn't give BFL a chance.  From day one on the original thread you were accusing them of being scammers.

Because we didn't believe their claims. And we were right. There is no 1GH/s, 20w, $700, miner.

From BFL that is. Maybe someone already is using the 28nm tech and getting those figures. We can never be sure.
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 27, 2011, 12:59:57 AM

after taking 2 days to read all the threads....  give em a break that was before the POC.  now it is 800+ at 80w. still awesome! with a good chance at 60-70W with the better psu

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
December 27, 2011, 01:12:19 AM

after taking 2 days to read all the threads.... 

Thank you for being one of the first to actually read before jumping in  Grin

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
RandyFolds

View Profile
December 27, 2011, 01:16:35 AM

after taking 2 days to read all the threads....  give em a break that was before the POC.  now it is 800+ at 80w. still awesome! with a good chance at 60-70W with the better psu

No, POC is still 4-6 weeks from delivery...just like three months ago. I could get you some (READ: ONLY TWO UNITS HAVE BEEN PROVEN TO EXIST) friggin' FPGAs built if you gave me thousands of dollars and a few months, and I am borderline retarded when it comes to computers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 81 »
  Print  

Jump to: