Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:30:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 1GH/s, 20w, $700 (was $500) — Butterflylabs, is it for real? (Part 2)  (Read 146879 times)
Epoch
Legendary

Activity: 922
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 05:14:53 AM

So, when are these expected to ship?

No one here can answer that, except RandyFolds who will tell you 4-6 weeks. Why don't you contact BFL and let us know?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
plastic.elastic

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 05:39:33 AM

No one here can answer that, except RandyFolds who will tell you 4-6 weeks. Why don't you contact BFL and let us know?

Wrong, one faggot seems to be able to answer that... Inaba.

He got butthurt every time someone bashes BFL.

Grin

As for shipment, my ass says early Feb.

Tips gladly accepted: 1LPaxHPvpzN3FbaGBaZShov3EFafxJDG42
Askit2

Activity: 981
Merit: 500

DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 08:48:11 AM

I asked earlier today and was promptly informed through the close of January for preorders everything after that they said to expect 4-6 weeks but it could be shorter depending on when next batch was done processing. I so far have no skin in the game but am excited to buy one when people review it. I have no mining rigs setup and no current setup capable of running anything but FPGA so this $/Mhash makes it payback in 4 ish months at 6$ per BTC!

I will say the people have been nice in their communications with me. I hope no one ran Inaba off because I would really want to hear what the revamped units do.

▄▄
        ▄█▀▀█▄
      ▄█▀ ▄▄ ▀█▄
      ▀ ▄████▄ ▀
   ▄▀ ▄ ▀████▀ ▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▄
█  ███████  ███████  █
 ▀▄ ▀███▀ ▄▄ ▀███▀ ▄▀

▀▄ ▀ ▄████▄ ▀ ▄▀
      ▄ ▀████▀ ▄
      ▀█▄ ▀▀ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▄█▀
          ▀▀
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀███████
██████            ▀████████     ████     █████    █████     ███████
██████     ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██████     █████    ████      ████    ████████
██████     ██████▄    █████     █████    ▀██▀  ▄▄  ▀██▀    ████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████     █   ██   █     █████████
██████     █████▀    ██████     ███████       ████       ██████████
██████     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████            ▄████████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
.DIWtoken.com.
▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
......SECURITY DECENTRALIZED...
bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 09:35:13 AM

Hey, look on the bright side of life :

it's probably 4-6 weeks again Cheesy
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 01:59:59 PM

Nope, it would take a lot more than someone as devoid of intelligence as plastic.elastic to run me off.  He's just so incredibly inept at insults and communication that it's not even worth my time to respond to him. 

Hopefully they will have a unit I can test soon.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 04:16:25 PM

No, they haven't given me any info as far as that goes. 

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 06:22:01 PM

I asked earlier today and was promptly informed through the close of January for preorders everything after that they said to expect 4-6 weeks but it could be shorter depending on when next batch was done processing. I so far have no skin in the game but am excited to buy one when people review it. I have no mining rigs setup and no current setup capable of running anything but FPGA so this $/Mhash makes it payback in 4 ish months at 6$ per BTC!

I will say the people have been nice in their communications with me. I hope no one ran Inaba off because I would really want to hear what the revamped units do.

Ahahaha...
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 06:25:52 PM

So is it safe to assume that you think it's unreasonable to expect the batch of orders after the pre-orders to take 4 - 6 weeks?  By what logic do you operate, exactly?

RandyFolds

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 06:37:56 PM

So is it safe to assume that you think it's unreasonable to expect the batch of orders after the pre-orders to take 4 - 6 weeks?  By what logic do you operate, exactly?

I think it is unreasonable to string your customers along with bullshit for nearing four months now and still not have a functional product to show. I operate by the logic of instant gratification...I am american after all.
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 06:46:26 PM

I think it is unreasonable to string your customers along with bullshit for nearing four months now and still not have a functional product to show. I operate by the logic of instant gratification...I am american after all.

I'm still confused to why you care. Did you order a single? If not, why keep posting here if it is your determination that BFL is a scam? Do you have nothing better to do with the precious little time you have on this earth?
RandyFolds

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 06:58:11 PM

I'm still confused to why you care. Did you order a single? If not, why keep posting here if it is your determination that BFL is a scam? Do you have nothing better to do with the precious little time you have on this earth?

Everyone who mines has a vested interest in a game-changing device such as BFL is claiming to release...

Aside from that, I will troll the fuck out of any company as unprofessional as they have shown themselves to be. Yesterday I wasted fifteen minutes stringing along a credit card consolidation company with fake numbers and names because they called me off the DNC list.
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 07:09:23 PM

So is it safe to assume that you think it's unreasonable to expect the batch of orders after the pre-orders to take 4 - 6 weeks?  By what logic do you operate, exactly?

That's nice, but to be honest, I don't care what your view is as far as that goes.  I asked you a very specific question.  Now how about answering the question instead of avoiding it?

jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 07:10:16 PM

Everyone who mines has a vested interest in a game-changing device such as BFL is claiming to release...

I agree with this. That's why I have purchased said game changing device.

Aside from that, I will troll the fuck out of any company as unprofessional as they have shown themselves to be. Yesterday I wasted fifteen minutes stringing along a credit card consolidation company with fake numbers and names because they called me off the DNC list.

I think you would agree that to come into a thread like this and start defending yourself is like swimming with sharks while you are bleeding from every limb. It showed that they cared to even come and chat with us rather than let the speculation run wild. Have their been mistakes, missteps? Sure their have. I make mistakes everyday. Have they tried to make things right by offering refunds past the 45 day paypal protection guarantee and to lower the device price until the appropriate Mh/s is reached? Yes and yes.

I think their actions to make things right prove their worthiness for my business. I feel it is unfortunate you do not feel the same way.
Epoch
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 07:24:03 PM

I wouldn't use so dramatic a term for it but, for some people, yes. The BFL product is most advantageous for those with high electricity costs and/or logistical issues with GPU mining side-effects. After all, any efficient GPU has 2x the hashrate/$ ratio as the BFL (5970: $300@800Mhash. BFL: $600@800Mhash. Replace '5970' with 5870, or 5850 or 5830, and the same ratio applies).

You can find used/refurb 5830's for $75 now and they will get ~275Mhash; that's almost a 3x better Mhash/$ ratio than BFL. Yes, I realize that over the longer term (the exact length of that term will be different for everyone) the lower electricity costs of the FPGA will overtake the initial cost savings of the GPU ... but I'm putting that aside for now.

In my case my GPUs run in my home; I've reached the point where I cannot add any more mining capacity without compromising comfort (heat, noise). These BFL boxes will (a) let me add a bit more capacity; and/or (b) replace some GPU capacity with FPGA.

If I had the option of running my GPU rigs outside my living spaces, I'd pick up more cheap GPUs, not BFL Singles, simply because of (a) the lower up-front capital outlay for GPUs; (b) the expected higher resale value of GPUs; (c) the better warranty of GPUs; and (d) my low electrical rate.

Everyone should run their own 'cost/benefit' analysis before deciding what is best for them. I'm sure the BFL boxes will be popular with many people, but they won't be for everyone. Once I see they are shipping and have read some positive reviews, I will buy up one or two myself just to see how well they would work for me.

YMMV.
RandyFolds

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 07:24:56 PM

So is it safe to assume that you think it's unreasonable to expect the batch of orders after the pre-orders to take 4 - 6 weeks?  By what logic do you operate, exactly?

That's nice, but to be honest, I don't care what your view is as far as that goes.  I asked you a very specific question.  Now how about answering the question instead of avoiding it?

Yes. I think it is unreasonable. It is the way they got into this predicament where they cannot deliver on-spec or on-time.

They took people's money -based upon lies- as capital to build a product (that doesn't exist as of yet) and even with their irresponsible preorders, couldn't finance their endeavor? They are still accepting pre-orders, now for a $25k vapor-box as well. You're telling me they can't find a venture capitalist to kick them a few hundred grand to deliver their products on time? They don't have enough collateral to secure a bank loan?

How can the lead time be the same for a completely undesigned and untested device be the same as one that is already on the production line and due to hit the shelves in a week?
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 07:34:12 PM

How can the lead time be the same for a completely undesigned and untested device be the same as one that is already on the production line and due to hit the shelves in a week?
Heh, I'll bet that if anyone actually purchased the Rig Box, they would drop EVERYTHING, including the singles, to do whatever they were/are planning to do with it. (Make something, abscond, buy a car, etc)

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Epoch
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 07:37:27 PM

Heh, I'll bet that if anyone actually purchased the Rig Box, they would drop EVERYTHING, including the singles, to do whatever they were/are planning to do with it. (Make something, abscond, buy a car, etc)

The rig box does not have an ETA. The Singles are 4-6 weeks from time of order; the rig box has no such wording on their order page.
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 07:37:41 PM

Yes. I think it is unreasonable. It is the way they got into this predicament where they cannot deliver on-spec or on-time.

They took people's money -based upon lies- as capital to build a product (that doesn't exist as of yet) and even with their irresponsible preorders, couldn't finance their endeavor? They are still accepting pre-orders, now for a $25k vapor-box as well. You're telling me they can't find a venture capitalist to kick them a few hundred grand to deliver their products on time? They don't have enough collateral to secure a bank loan?

Thanks for answering.  So, in a nutshell, your chain of logic is completely non-existent and meanders all over the place, breaking down like a Ford fresh off the showroom floor.  That's kind of what I thought, but I had hoped that maybe you had some sort of logical consistence to your constant haranguing, but my hopes have been dashed, sadly.

RandyFolds

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 08:05:44 PM

Thanks for answering.  So, in a nutshell, your chain of logic is completely non-existent and meanders all over the place, breaking down like a Ford fresh off the showroom floor.  That's kind of what I thought, but I had hoped that maybe you had some sort of logical consistence to your constant haranguing, but my hopes have been dashed, sadly.

I will try and present it in simpler blocks for you:

Why is the lead on devices ordered today the same as when they hadn't even been designed or built?

Why isn't the money they have collected enough to put stock on their shelves, so to speak? Generally, profit taking doesn't begin in a business until the business becomes profitable. So why aren't their margins on the 'singles' already preordered put back into procuring more units, thus reducing lead time?

If the money isn't enough, why haven't they sought capital elsewhere? VC funds fly around all day, for far stupider plans than this. The fact that they still don't have machines leads me to believe they haven't successfully sought it out.

So is it safe to assume that you think it's unreasonable to expect the batch of orders after the pre-orders to take 4 - 6 weeks?

Yes, the aforementioned questions that remain unanswered lead me to believe it is unreasonable to still have a 4-6 week (that could turn to 4 months without explanation, apparently) lead time. You are telling me that they are building these as orders come in? Not in batches? Seriously?

In summation, THIS PRODUCT STILL DOES NOT EXIST.
simonk83

Activity: 798

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 08:32:57 PM

While I have him on ignore, I can still unfortunately see his crap in everyone's quotes.   Please just stop responding to him and I'm sure he'll slink off to annoy something else when he stops getting attention.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »
  Print  

Jump to: