Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:12:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Titan Mint Coins- Serious Issue- Titan Mint Bitcoin Coins ***NEW UPDATES***  (Read 12708 times)
RealHummer

Activity: 238
Merit: 113

View Profile
November 11, 2021, 05:20:55 AM
Merited by ChiBitCTy (2), Hookzup1 (2)

https://www.buzzfile.com/business/Dobidder-Design-Inc.-562-665-1508

I just called and the voice mail says you reached Tim, left a message.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ChiBitCTy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 3004

View Profile
November 11, 2021, 03:56:27 PM

Great thank you, please keep us posted.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Rmcdermott927
Legendary

Merit: 1140

View Profile
November 11, 2021, 09:24:52 PM

Great thank you, please keep us posted.

Just a heads up, I had results getting a 2fa coin swapped out for a private key one a few years ago.   Tim was very helpful.  I contacted him @ tim@titanbtc.com

He was pretty easy to deal with at the time. 

RealHummer

View Profile
November 12, 2021, 06:48:35 AM

IMO if you own a non-2FA Titan you should peel it sooner than later immediately.  It's been over an entire year with no response, and all we can do is speculate at this point, so it would be wiser to speculate a potential scam and peel rather than be sorry down the road.  One of our fellow collectors is a lawyer and have spoken to them a bit about how to approach all this.  What's even more disturbing at this point, and should be a valuable lesson to all of us, is to read the shit out of a coin makers terms of service/use.  I should know better too, as some of the companies I've done scam write ups about before did the same thing Titan did, and wrote in verbiage that basically states after you buy the coin, if anything goes wrong, or if you plan on the website always being up to redeem the 2FA coins, sorry but fuck you Titan takes absolutely zero responsibility and could shut down services or change them at any time.  - https://www.titanbtc.com/terms-of-use/   The fact that the terms were written up like this shows this dudes character.  If you create a 2FA coin then you better keep up with the website and have a succession plan if you become incapacitated or die.  This is alone is enough to show why these coins should never have a 2FA characteristic like this.  

I do not have anything to lose here, as I have never owned any of these 2FAs, but I'm going to do what I can to try and contact this guy and or figure out how to go about helping out/ obtaining legal council for the group.  I will post updates here.  Please come forward if you own any of these either in this thread or privately via DM if you care about getting your money back. I really hope no one is willing to let this slide..if you own any of these and don't want anyone knowing, maybe there is someone else you trust who could come forward on your behalf or something? Tim needs to be held accountable and working together is the best route to trying to solve all this.  Also I'm sure obtaining a lawyer won't be cheap, so the more people there are, the better that will be for everyone of course (If that's even the best way to approach this).

Do we have any idea at all how many were sold?  I know that he refused to release final mintages\addresses..which also is another red flag.

So please chime in if you can help, if you have any ideas, if you're a lawyer and can provide some assistance etc.  These may not be that big of a deal to some of the millionaires here who collect, but they certainly are for plenty of other people so please keep that in mind here.  The more who come forward the better it will be for everyone.  ( I'm sure a decent amount sold to hands who will never see this post..I'm hopeful we can get this fixed so when they go to redeem down the road to buy a car, or put a house payment down or whatever, that they'll be able so.  SMH.

I didn't realize he had a profile here... a neg left Jan 2019, and even one back in 2015.  Has anyone here, or know of anyone who's successfully redeemed a 2FA ever?

I have called and left messages the last 2 days as well as emails. Attached is his reply from 2017 when I purchased 3 1BTC 2FA Coins then 25 .10 from Coins Tim
I did send what info I have to my attorney today for his thoughts and to see how I go about Fraud Charges. Ill keep you posted.

On Sep 12, 2017, at 12:22 AM, Tim Fillmore <tim@titanbtc.com> wrote:

Hi Robert,

To answer you first question, if we need to shut down the website in the future, we will be sending instructions on redeeming 2FA coins to all registered coin owners.  We have tools in place to do this if/when needed.

With that said, if you you're in a hurry to redeem BCH from Titan coins, I recommend that you steer clear of buying secondhand 2FA coins.  We don't yet have a clear security protocol for bitcoin cash storage, and we don't have redemption protocols in place that allow us to securely redeem bitcoin cash for our customers.  The only way to guarantee security of digital currency is with air-gapped storage and redemption and the tools we require just don't exist yet for bitcoin cash.   For those reasons and a few others, we are not currently redeeming BCH for ANY owners of 2FA coins and I can't make any guarantee that we will in the future.  Potential buyers should purchase our 2FA coins with the assumption that they are only worth their value in bitcoin, without any accompanying BCH.  If this changes in the future, we will notify all eligible coin owners.

2FA coins use a proprietary redemption code which allows us to provide an extra layer of protection.  They do not include the private key associated with the coin's Bitcoin address underneath the hologram. While this does mean customers rely on us for redemption, it has also saved dozens of coin owners from significant losses.  The gain of added security at the expense of long term stability still makes sense for some owners.  As such, 2FA coins still do hold their resale value as collectibles and as cold-storage investments.

Lastly, we unfortunately do not have old stock available.  We may be able to connect you with owners or resellers if you have specific coins you're looking for and we'll always do our best to help our owners out.  Let me know what you need.

--
Tim Fillmore
President, Titan Mint
RealHummer

View Profile
November 12, 2021, 07:29:08 AM

Found more contact info https://rocketreach.co/person?start=1&pageSize=10&link=https:%2F%2Fwww.linkedin.com%2Fin%2Ftimfillmore

Tim Fillmore
    Chief Technology Officer

Inklocker
La Habra, California, United States

timfillmore@gmail.com
delemurman@aol.com
562-665-1508

+4 more emails, +2 more phones
Added Tim to
"My Contacts"

Work
    CTO @ inklocker

Education
    2002 - 2005 Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering in Mechanical Engineering @ Grove City College
    Skills
    Social Networking, Web Design, Marketing, Web Development, Public Speaking, PowerPoint, Small Business, Management, Digital Media, Competitive Analysis, Strategic Partnerships, Product Management, Customer Service, Entrepreneurship, Start Ups, Business Strategy, Digital Strategy, Project Management, Social Media Marketing, E Commerce, Social Media, Fundraising, Nonprofits, Leadership, Online Advertising

Inklocker
Verified (3)

timfillmore@gmail.com
delemurman@aol.com
balewis1@msn.com

Invalid (3)

Hookzup1
Copper Member

Activity: 1211
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2021, 07:34:24 AM

Thanks so much for helping get this issue resolved, does anyone know if there is a way to check if our titans are 2fa without the coa?

Bitcoin is a real life cheat code to gain financial freedom 😉 the future is going to be fun
sweeteye

Activity: 789
Merit: 131

View Profile
November 12, 2021, 02:36:10 PM

Brother I love ya you know that but you’ve got to understand that this hobby is really not a good idea to begin with.  Not your keys not your coins.

So true and on the mark. This crap from scammers really proves that point all the way which is unfortunate for people like us who collect these gems.

Whatever Titans I had, I bought unfunded and if I had any of the recent 0.1btc ones, peeled away. Now its MY KEYS and MY PHYSICAL COIN as well. Just not loaded, so I get to keep the coin itself.

I sleep better at night for sure knowing my btc is in a Trezor under a mountain somewhere out there.  Wink

That's why years ago I made the Scammers thread that is pinned on top of our forum, lest people forget of what is out there, especially for new people who are not aware of issues with certain coins.

Good advice.
I really didn't want to do this, but I peeled a 2017 .01 Titan today (ICG grade 69) because I couldn't verify first bits or anything about the coin through the Titan site - if it was 2FA or PK, or that it even existed.
I'm happy to report it was loaded. https://imgur.com/a/57WCBDe
I will sleep like Krogoth tonight Smiley
Hookzup1
Copper Member

View Profile
November 12, 2021, 04:57:03 PM

You do not need the broken site for the pk coins and can always verify the funding using firstbits on walletexplorer.com please stop peeling/worrying lol

Bitcoin is a real life cheat code to gain financial freedom 😉 the future is going to be fun
ChiBitCTy (OP)
Legendary

Merit: 3004

View Profile
November 12, 2021, 05:10:40 PM

You do not need the broken site for the pk coins and can always verify the funding using firstbits on walletexplorer.com please stop peeling/worrying lol

It's not up to any one person to decide whether people should be worried about this or not.  There is a reason may seasoned collectors are worried.  There is legitimate reason to be.  If you're not worried that's fine, but to say there's not any reason to be is simply not true.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
bitcoiner24h
Copper Member

Activity: 810
Merit: 54

Decentralized Internet

View Profile
November 12, 2021, 06:01:40 PM

Thanks so much for helping get this issue resolved, does anyone know if there is a way to check if our titans are 2fa without the coa?

I think 2FA are only from the year 2014 , the 2017 titan are all with PK
correct me if i'm wrong
sweeteye

Activity: 789
Merit: 131

View Profile
November 12, 2021, 06:45:02 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2021, 09:38:12 PM by sweeteye

Brother I love ya you know that but you’ve got to understand that this hobby is really not a good idea to begin with.  Not your keys not your coins.

So true and on the mark. This crap from scammers really proves that point all the way which is unfortunate for people like us who collect these gems.

Whatever Titans I had, I bought unfunded and if I had any of the recent 0.1btc ones, peeled away. Now its MY KEYS and MY PHYSICAL COIN as well. Just not loaded, so I get to keep the coin itself.

I sleep better at night for sure knowing my btc is in a Trezor under a mountain somewhere out there.  Wink

That's why years ago I made the Scammers thread that is pinned on top of our forum, lest people forget of what is out there, especially for new people who are not aware of issues with certain coins.

Good advice.
I really didn't want to do this, but I peeled a 2017 .01 Titan today (ICG grade 69) because I couldn't verify first bits or anything about the coin through the Titan site - if it was 2FA or PK, or that it even existed.

UPDATE:
Got to the bottom of this. Yes, Titan site is broken, this was the error message received when I entered the coins first bits: THAT CODE DOES NOT MATCH ANY KNOWN COINS. PLEASE RETRY YOUR ENTRY.
When same first bits were entered into walletexplorer.com, it took me here https://www.walletexplorer.com/address/1KkwyhWYVV9MeM7o7JiUoVMXy1QsSEf4Ky?from_firstbits=1KKwYhWy which made me realize that the address in the URL was wrong, as the third character in the first bits of this addy is lower-case, which you can see referenced in the URL above (1KkwyhWYVV9MeM7o7JiUoVMXy1QsSEf4Ky?from_firstbits=1KKwYhWy). Thanks to some sluething by Krogoth, it was discovered that a 9th character was needed to access the address and original funding TxID on walletexplorer.com. Takeaway is that if you can't find your address on walletexplorer with the 8 visible characters (first bits) on your coins, it might be worthwhile to cycle through the 16 characters we're all familiar with entire alphabet (both CAP and l.c.) and numbers 0-9 to see if adding a 9th character finds your address (like it did mine) before you peel your coin! Every lesson has a price, this one's on me~

Will be raffling off a peeled Titan in the coming days!

RealHummer

View Profile
November 12, 2021, 09:06:04 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2021, 04:01:00 AM by RealHummer

Good advice.

UPDATE:
Got to the bottom of this. Yes, Titan site is broken, this was the error message received when I entered the coins first bits: THAT CODE DOES NOT MATCH ANY KNOWN COINS. PLEASE RETRY YOUR ENTRY.
When same first bits were entered into walletexplorer.com, it took me here https://www.walletexplorer.com/address/1KkwyhWYVV9MeM7o7JiUoVMXy1QsSEf4Ky?from_firstbits=1KKwYhWy which made me realize that the address in the URL was wrong, as the third character in the first bits of this addy is lower-case, which you can see referenced in the URL above (1KkwyhWYVV9MeM7o7JiUoVMXy1QsSEf4Ky?from_firstbits=1KKwYhWy). Thanks to some sluething by Krogoth, it was discovered that a 9th character was needed to access the address and original funding TxID on walletexplorer.com. Takeaway is that if you can't find your address on walletexplorer with the 8 visible characters (first bits) on your coins, you might want to cycle through the 16 characters we're all familiar with and see if adding a 9th character finds it before you peel your coin! Every lesson has a price, this one's on me~

Will be raffling off a peeled Titan in the coming days!

I just checked the three 2FA I have and the coin ID doesnt match, link below. I peeled mnDUBW8b put the info in on Titans website to redeem but the page goes blank. I have a pure gold 2016 1GYsziQq and that matches. I have a 2013 Silver 2LWR5VnY and that doesnt match. Neither of these are 2FA

https://www.titanbtc.com/verify/mnDUBW8b/
https://blockchain.info/address/12HG4YkQofvpGe2c5k7XRy1hQ5sHQEZ89E

https://www.titanbtc.com/verify/cN5jzkub/
https://blockchain.info/address/1P4crQC96N5q3u15vc6UqP4XgdQjqJ5iFm

https://www.titanbtc.com/verify/eKCrzHWt/
https://blockchain.info/address/15KGgy1eTBGxnUA6TZNjaSbULCSnz5Fgcy

Original post from 2017
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2160528.0

I had called Timms cell 562.665.1508 numerous times now, sent text messages but just being ignored. I also called the other number he has at his parents house this afternoon but was hung up on and said wrong number, simply not true it was his father. I had called back told him I know hes a liar and I need to talk to Timm and he said he didnt know what to tell me and hung up. I then received a call back from 562.347.4913 and they hung up. I called back and the voicemail says Diane, I assume Timms girlfriend.
Something is smelling very bad here.
RealHummer

View Profile
November 13, 2021, 05:18:41 AM
Merited by polymerbit (3)

OK so after talking to Timms mother then finally contacting Timm he is telling me he has no messages or emails from anyone, I call BS!! I know I sent numerous to all his emails, calls, text messages etc. He is telling me he had work done on the servers a few weeks and and last he checked the 2FA was working. Lets hope hes being truthful but I know I am not going away nor sleeping very well. I have 26 Titan .10 that I am going to peel if anyone is interested before I do. I have 2016 1oz gold, 2014 Nickel .10 and a 2013 1.o Silver all non 2FA also
I know I havent been on much in a few years and escrow is fine if any interest. I have been hodling and when BTC went high I decided to login to see what stuff was selling for and that when I came across the Titan post and had a heart attack. Lets hope Timm isnt a scammer and gets more responsive.
Hookzup1
Copper Member

View Profile
November 13, 2021, 06:53:36 AM
Last edit: November 13, 2021, 07:41:21 AM by mprep

I'll attempt my first peel or 9 tomorrow to try it out, thanks so much for everything you did. And you are correct on the BS, I also called and messaged every contact members could come up with over the past year with 0 response. The 2fa coins aren't even worth peel rate IMO

OK so after talking to Timms mother then finally contacting Timm he is telling me he has no messages or emails from anyone, I call BS!! I know I sent numerous to all his emails, calls, text messages etc. He is telling me he had work done on the servers a few weeks and and last he checked the 2FA was working. Lets hope hes being truthful but I know I am not going away nor sleeping very well. I have 26 Titan .10 that I am going to peel if anyone is interested before I do. I have 2016 1oz gold, 2014 Nickel .10 and a 2013 1.o Silver all non 2FA also
I know I havent been on much in a few years and escrow is fine if any interest. I have been hodling and when BTC went high I decided to login to see what stuff was selling for and that when I came across the Titan post and had a heart attack. Lets hope Timm isnt a scammer and gets more responsive.

Are the 26 .1's pk? Where would they ship from if yes thanks

[moderator's note: consecutive posts merged]

blucepheus
Copper Member

Activity: 531
Merit: 212

View Profile
November 13, 2021, 04:33:23 PM

How did you reach him? I’m sure others would appreciate the opportunity to ask some questions.
RealHummer

View Profile
November 13, 2021, 04:55:41 PM

sent you a pm
gwu79611

Activity: 102
Merit: 6

View Profile
November 13, 2021, 11:53:59 PM

sent you a pm
Let me know as well please. thanks
TitanBTC

Activity: 366
Merit: 258

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2021, 04:17:47 AM

I didn't know the website was not processing redemption requests until yesterday, and I'm not sure why it is failing yet.  We did do server maintenance a few weeks ago and verified things were working at that time.

Dev team is on the case, but I won't have an ETA on the fix until we know what is happening.

I'll update here when there's news on the site being back to full functionality.

MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 2203

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2021, 04:50:34 AM

I didn't know the website was not processing redemption requests until yesterday, and I'm not sure why it is failing yet.  We did do server maintenance a few weeks ago and verified things were working at that time.

Dev team is on the case, but I won't have an ETA on the fix until we know what is happening.

I'll update here when there's news on the site being back to full functionality.

Some people have been trying  for months - no answers to emails sent to titan, no calls answered/responded to.

There has been zero response.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
Hookzup1
Copper Member

View Profile
November 14, 2021, 04:57:29 AM
Merited by krogothmanhattan (1)

I tried redeeming another freshly peeled 2fa coin today but still ends up on blank white screen after all correct info put in. I really hope this issue gets fixed asap and people can regain trust in titans as they are some of my favorite collectibles and make up a large part of my collection. I'm curious how tim from titan has not kept up with his site after being such a massive professional funded coin maker?

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: