Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:37:20 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 155 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is Becoming a Global Currency  (Read 226333 times)
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 09:50:56 AM

Bitcoin could also be a "safe" investment like gold is, because of the low inflation if the demand is steady the price would remain the same over large periods of time.

I doubt whether that is possible. Gold is being used as a form of currency for more than 5,000 years now, and that is one of the reasons why we are having stable exchange rates for gold. Also, gold is exchangeable almost anywhere in the world. Bitcoin, on the other hand is just 6 years old, and very few people are using it.

Not only very less people using it but it also have lot of transaction limitations and bitcoins also using in may non legal transactions so no governments will official accept bitcoin as currency. Instead bitcoin will be a alternative currency to buy some things online like now forever but in future this market may be quite big.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 10:08:42 AM

Yes it is spreading everywhere throughout the world however it is not as quicker that it ought to be and the reason is absence of knowledge among the common people of the most. It is headed to be a worldwide cash yet it will require some investment and it is just conceivable when there is acknowledgment from the world people.

from what i can tell, it seems that only the awareness it's spreading nicely but still there is a long way to go, on the contrary the usage not so much, kinda stale

we need something like a catalyzing process, that speed up the usage, someone big should start it
fkvidar

Activity: 924

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 11:01:59 PM

I believe it's only a matter of time. I don't know exactly how much time. But what I see happening is enormously exciting on so many levels. Bitcoin is the new money. It's just that the majority of people don't know it yet.
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 11:27:50 PM

bitcoin as a currency will enter the market held, be a strong currency and reliable
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 04:24:40 PM

Bitcoin could also be a "safe" investment like gold is, because of the low inflation if the demand is steady the price would remain the same over large periods of time.

I doubt whether that is possible. Gold is being used as a form of currency for more than 5,000 years now, and that is one of the reasons why we are having stable exchange rates for gold. Also, gold is exchangeable almost anywhere in the world. Bitcoin, on the other hand is just 6 years old, and very few people are using it.

Not only very less people using it but it also have lot of transaction limitations and bitcoins also using in may non legal transactions so no governments will official accept bitcoin as currency. Instead bitcoin will be a alternative currency to buy some things online like now forever but in future this market may be quite big.
You know why theres some people who are using bitcoin after 6 years? because theres so many things that must to study about bitcoin, if they will accept it right now after you introduced it to them without studying it, it may cause of many crimes or bad things will happen.
angelakay124

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Crypto-Games.net: DICE, BLACKJACK and SLOT

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 04:52:30 PM

It is true that bitcoin have begun to be accepted by several countries and stock markets. But in some of the countries like nepal it is very hard to deal with paypal and other payment processor till now. Bitcoin is also not in so much of light over here as currency but for developer like me it has become a good way to accept payment rather than paypal due to no restrictions for my country like they have in paypal. Happy to see how bitcoin is working these days.

Provably fair DICE, SLOT and BLACKJACK  
██████████████████████████████████████ CRYPTO-GAMES.NET ██████████████████████████████████████
0.8% House edgeInstant depositFast bets ChatJackpot Starting Faucet 1kMax Faucet 20.5kInvest
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 11:07:38 PM

It is true that bitcoin have begun to be accepted by several countries and stock markets. But in some of the countries like nepal it is very hard to deal with paypal and other payment processor till now. Bitcoin is also not in so much of light over here as currency but for developer like me it has become a good way to accept payment rather than paypal due to no restrictions for my country like they have in paypal. Happy to see how bitcoin is working these days.

As long as bitcoin is small and under the radar of the government, there is no problem. Once it becomes bigger, the government will subject it to the same restrictions / regulations as any other money transmission medium.

chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 12:52:47 AM

As long as bitcoin is small and under the radar of the government, there is no problem. Once it becomes bigger, the government will subject it to the same restrictions / regulations as any other money transmission medium.

Yes, this is especially true when you think about the fed and private banks and the amount of control they have over the government.  It would be very naive to think that a small group of very wealthy/very powerful group of white men with indirect control of the worlds most powerful armies wouldn't do something to protect the scheme they have going as of right now.  It'll be a long hard road for bitcoin to be fully accepted in every business/institution residing in every country in the planet.  That's some WWIII sh**.

fox19891989

Activity: 840

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 06:47:58 AM

America can sustain their way of life by just printing more dollars, and the inflation will not only hit America, but the whole world. So America is basically stealing wealth from the whole world by importing goods with infinite dollars. Once Bitcoin becomes mainstream and dollars become relics of the past, America will need to find export products or else their economy will collapse, they can't print their way out of this. Even if they'd own every single Bitcoin, they minute they import something the world will demand something of equal value back, so eventually they either need to export or hand over some bitcoins.

This means wealth will theoretically become more evenly distributed. You can get a huge head starts by investing early, but once Bitcoin is the 'reserve currency' of the world you will eventually have to do something productive or accept the fact that you will eventually bleed dry.
wearepoor

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 04:51:24 PM

Yes it is spreading everywhere throughout the world however it is not as quicker that it ought to be and the reason is absence of knowledge among the common people of the most. It is headed to be a worldwide cash yet it will require some investment and it is just conceivable when there is acknowledgment from the world people.

Agreed with you, many people are not aware with the concept of crypto currency. Education and awareness in required in order to build the trust towards bitcoins so that there will be increase in the people who are using bitcoins and the same has to be spread over the period. I believe that one day btc will be accepted universally as a mode of payment.
Miss Fortune

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 03:01:40 AM

For the first time, when I look at the offers on LocalBitcoins.com, there are a half-dozen currencies ahead of the US dollar, offering a higher price for Bitcoin than US dollar users.

Euros, South African Rands, New Zealand Dollars, Hong Kong Dollars, Polish Zloty, Malaysian Ringgits.

It is no longer just the US, EU or even China driving adoption.  There is a market for Bitcoins in major countries all over the world.

It is possible for it to become the next global currency, as much as heard that it is becoming known with  other countries out there and at the same time used.
Dotakels

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 02:43:18 PM

For the first time, when I look at the offers on LocalBitcoins.com, there are a half-dozen currencies ahead of the US dollar, offering a higher price for Bitcoin than US dollar users.

Euros, South African Rands, New Zealand Dollars, Hong Kong Dollars, Polish Zloty, Malaysian Ringgits.

It is no longer just the US, EU or even China driving adoption.  There is a market for Bitcoins in major countries all over the world.

It is possible for it to become the next global currency, as much as heard that it is becoming known with  other countries out there and at the same time used.
as much theres someone use it and as much as government will not ban it and if they can not totally support it, just give bitcoin a chance to prove that it can help the economy of their country.
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 01:05:23 AM

as much theres someone use it and as much as government will not ban it and if they can not totally support it, just give bitcoin a chance to prove that it can help the economy of their country.

There is no problem even if some countries do not like the growth of bitcoin or the raise of bitcoin. It will not definitely affect the bitcoin's growth as a global currency. When, there is a real potential thing happens, it will reach it's own target just because of it's own deserved potential heights. So, bitcoin to be global currency is imminent.
letsplayagame

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 02:28:58 AM

It is no longer just the US, EU or even China driving adoption.  There is a market for Bitcoins in major countries all over the world.

Many people feel that bitcoin can have the largest impact in developing economies with weak fiat currencies. Most of the world does not even have a bank account. Bitcoin can help

Chess, Bitcoin, Privacy and Freedom
Code:
 Make BTC Donations via XMR.TO or Shapeshift XMR: 47nMGDMQxEB8CWpWT7QgBLDmTSxgjm9831dVeu24ebCeH8gNPG9RvZAYoPxW2JniKjeq5LXZafwdPWH7AmX2NVji3yYKy76 
Miss Fortune

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 02:55:37 AM

When there are people who will use it and support it and as much as the government wont do things that can be a hindrance to it soon I believe it will be.
Dotakels

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 03:21:56 AM

There is no problem even if some countries do not like the growth of bitcoin or the raise of bitcoin. It will not definitely affect the bitcoin's growth as a global currency. When, there is a real potential thing happens, it will reach it's own target just because of it's own deserved potential heights. So, bitcoin to be global currency is imminent.
yeah its about to happen we are not to rush the growth of bitcoin and let the people discover how its work or we can help them to introduced and to understand to them what bitcoin can make.
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1128

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 05:22:36 AM

America can sustain their way of life by just printing more dollars, and the inflation will not only hit America, but the whole world. So America is basically stealing wealth from the whole world by importing goods with infinite dollars. Once Bitcoin becomes mainstream and dollars become relics of the past, America will need to find export products or else their economy will collapse, they can't print their way out of this. Even if they'd own every single Bitcoin, they minute they import something the world will demand something of equal value back, so eventually they either need to export or hand over some bitcoins.

This means wealth will theoretically become more evenly distributed. You can get a huge head starts by investing early, but once Bitcoin is the 'reserve currency' of the world you will eventually have to do something productive or accept the fact that you will eventually bleed dry.
Good point, but I think US would treat bitcoin as a commodity like gold instead of currency. I'm not supporting US, but if bitcoin disturb its economy, I guess US will do anything to regulate bitcoin with its power (although we know bitcoin is a decentralized thing). And sometimes what exactly happens in real world is different with what we expected before, so if the whole world adopt bitcoin, we can't guarantee the wealth become more distributed in every country.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
operrajunk74

Activity: 344

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 08:05:48 PM

It is no longer just the US, EU or even China driving adoption.  There is a market for Bitcoins in major countries all over the world.

Many people feel that bitcoin can have the largest impact in developing economies with weak fiat currencies. Most of the world does not even have a bank account. Bitcoin can help

Yes it is spreading all over the world but it is not as faster that it should be and the reason is lack of awareness among the people of the country. It is on the way to be a global currency but it will take some time and it is only possible when there is acceptance across the globe.
apriyani420

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 08:22:06 PM

its nice to see that bitcoins are getting more and more popular all around the world these are the signs that its price might grow a lot in the future

bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 09:47:09 PM

Acceptance can be OK with the bitcoin backed debit cards. Most of the merchants won't notice that you payed with bitcoins, they only see the VISA logo.
On the long run they will accept bitcoins via phone NFC payment but it's really long term I think.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 155 »
  Print  

Jump to: