Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 02:00:00 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Road to 100k?  (Read 5586 times)
Kristiyana

Activity: 224
Merit: 36

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 10, 2024, 02:45:37 PM

The overall goal is the same as profit in the end, I like short-term trading even though the risk is also quite inherent and for profit if I can get it with small capital, for example $ 2-5 in a day, that is enough and if it is collected quite well in 10 days.

Our goals is for profit making in our investment but sometimes we should also consider the risk of trading because it will be of no beneficial if you lose your investment while you are trading unless you have a good knowledge about trading because is not something someone could easily go into and begin to make profits, and also how certain are you that you could be getting $2 on a daily basis? it seems you have a good knowledge about trading judging from how confident you sound.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
adultcrypto

Activity: 364
Merit: 277

View Profile
June 10, 2024, 04:01:52 PM

The overall goal is the same as profit in the end, I like short-term trading even though the risk is also quite inherent and for profit if I can get it with small capital, for example $ 2-5 in a day, that is enough and if it is collected quite well in 10 days.

Our goals is for profit making in our investment but sometimes we should also consider the risk of trading because it will be of no beneficial if you lose your investment while you are trading unless you have a good knowledge about trading because is not something someone could easily go into and begin to make profits, and also how certain are you that you could be getting $2 on a daily basis? it seems you have a good knowledge about trading judging from how confident you sound.
The good thing is that I have tested trading and I have seen the in and out so there is nothing anybody will tell me that will make me chose trading over investing for long term. I know some people see holding for long as a way of keeping the money dormant instead of "flipping it easily", a word they will use to entice those who have not been there before. My decision to focus on holding was born out of pain and regrets (a little though) but I sometimes feel happy I followed that part so that I can appreciate the peace of mind and assurance that comes with holding for long. The best thing any investor can do is to invest and hold and never dabble into trading because it is a 70/30 chance of failure and success.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1137

View Profile
June 10, 2024, 05:36:31 PM

The good thing is that I have tested trading and I have seen the in and out so there is nothing anybody will tell me that will make me chose trading over investing for long term. I know some people see holding for long as a way of keeping the money dormant instead of "flipping it easily", a word they will use to entice those who have not been there before. My decision to focus on holding was born out of pain and regrets (a little though) but I sometimes feel happy I followed that part so that I can appreciate the peace of mind and assurance that comes with holding for long. The best thing any investor can do is to invest and hold and never dabble into trading because it is a 70/30 chance of failure and success.
Holding or Trading
Easy making money or not

Everthing wont really be something simple and it would never be. If it was really that too easy to choose up things which could bring out that money or profits then majority of us would really be sticking into that but we do know that results or outcomes would really be that different to each other and this is why people would really be sticking into those things on which we do seem that it would really be something that could give out that kind of advantage on which we know that this wont really be something that will really be that similar into each person. This is why it would really be best that we do know on what are the things that we should really be doing and not really just that always reflecting out others outcomes or results.

As for the movement to 100k, then thisi s something which is inevitable. Market cycle does have its own perfect time and we do know that
in each cycle, we would really be having those prices that we didnt been able to hit before but well everything would really be still that an assumption.

wxa7115

Activity: 2758
Merit: 714

View Profile
June 11, 2024, 05:56:29 AM

A great deal of the time, people will not believe something until they try it for themselves, so there is a lot of people out there that become traders because they believe all the hype that exist around it, and I have no problem admitting this even happened to me.

The difference is that unlike a great deal of the newbies today, which trade shitcoins and do so with all their capital, I mainly traded bitcoin and I used a very small amount of my capital, while the rest of my capital remained invested on bitcoin, and after I realized how difficult it actually was and how most traders fail to beat the markets, meaning they cannot obtain more profits than what the market will naturally give them if they simply held their coins, I took the decision to leave trading for good and focus completely on investing on bitcoin.
I_Anime

Activity: 420
Merit: 184

View Profile
June 11, 2024, 06:51:57 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Cheesy I have such mindset before when I was new in this space, about making not less than $2-$10 daily with the use of short-term trading. But guess what it was the opposite instead of making those amounts daily I was losing more than those amount daily . Because trading not something you will just wake-up and start doing after learning how to set buy and sell . Trading need time, resources, more researching and stuff. Because if you don't have those knowledge , then your aim is how to get yourself rekt.

But when it comes to holding Bitcoin all you just need is some basic knowledge about it , and how to secure your asset using Dex wallet and stuff . Then you are good to go without wasting any time . And as we accumulate one can still learn how to followup which his Bitcoin investment. What nice to about investing in Bitcoin is something almost everyone can do while trading is not for everyone , so doesn't Mr. A made it through trading then Mr. B can also.

laijsica

Activity: 126
Merit: 87

View Profile
June 11, 2024, 07:56:57 AM

In this thread we are mainly discussing the potential for Bitcoin to rise to $100k. You are giving too much priority to trading and expecting minimum profit. Mainly in this thread the topic of Bitcoin and Bitcoin discussion is how to increase holdings and take care. Mate you definitely had to be more aware of the original content. If you want to put your capital at very high risk then you can do short term trading but you should not do that. You must take a long-term approach to investing in Bitcoin. Short-term investment gives you priority over your independence but in that case the possibility of losing your capital is high.
Although you did not mention your investment currency in your writing.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
Bravut

Activity: 140
Merit: 30

View Profile
June 11, 2024, 12:51:15 PM

If am to judge from his write-up, he is more of expecting $2-5 per day and not confident or has any knowledge about Trading. Moreover this is not a Trading Discussion board, we are speculating price reaching $100k, and her movement so far, I believe we dwell more on that.

There is no guarantee in short term investment as it more or less gambling, we need to have a long term view of the Market. This has been repeated over and over again.
Currently Bitcoin at $67,xxx back to the range dropping by -3.54%, I would be expecting price to range between $64k too, though much pressure on it for now. More opportunity presented for me to accumulate more, hope you are doing same ....

Road to $100k is ..... ongoing
Kristiyana

View Profile
June 11, 2024, 01:29:13 PM

The good thing is that I have tested trading and I have seen the in and out so there is nothing anybody will tell me that will make me chose trading over investing for long term.

I understand were you are coming from and you are right taking the decision never to go into trading, perhaps sometimes is good for somebody to have an experience of something before they really no if what they are venturing is good or not because just like you, you have been able to go into trading and discover that the risk is not worth taking but those who are planning to go into trading refuse to see it on that perspective.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
Taskford

Activity: 2576
Merit: 798

View Profile
June 11, 2024, 01:37:33 PM

The good thing is that I have tested trading and I have seen the in and out so there is nothing anybody will tell me that will make me chose trading over investing for long term.

I understand were you are coming from and you are right taking the decision never to go into trading, perhaps sometimes is good for somebody to have an experience of something before they really no if what they are venturing is good or not because just like you, you have been able to go into trading and discover that the risk is not worth taking but those who are planning to go into trading refuse to see it on that perspective.

Majority of us experience to deal the risk of trading that's why majority of people realize and agree that this activity is so risky since people have big chance to lose specially if they are not careful enough on dealing with their emotions and decisions. That's why many go away for thinking that trading would became a good income provider for them. And just love the idea of  HODL and continue to seek up better strategy which they can used. Right now that BTC price is speculated to reach up at $100k then for sure that this is good event to wait by holders and if the time that price would be reached up by bitcoin then we can really see that lots of people will celebrate for getting good profits with it then for sure that it will create a lot of hype on any news channels.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
moneystery

Activity: 728
Merit: 168

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2024, 02:49:21 PM

Investing in Bitcoin should never think about the volatility of the market because the religion of Bitcoin is to go up and down. So Bitcoin can move down or up in the market at any time depending on the movement of Bitcoin. And I think an investor should never worry about the volatility of bitcoin investment but rather he plans for the long term. It is the best idea of an investor to always plan for the long term when investing in Bitcoin. When an investor invests in Bitcoin, he plans to hold it for a long time and has a goal. Investors always think positively and when the market reaches its highest level they decide to sell it. Since the Bitcoin market is currently in a good position, it is possible to make a profit by investing from here if the bull market can be held. And I think the Bitcoin market is likely to grow even more from next month and Bitcoin will hit a new record of $100k.

for people who are worried about the volatility of bitcoin, then they should not have invested in bitcoin from the start, because before they invest in bitcoin they should have understood the nature of bitcoin which tends to be volatile. and when they have chosen to invest in bitcoin, they should be able to adjust to the bitcoin market situation and focus more on adjusting their investment so that it will not cause potential losses to them.

but that doesn't mean that we don't need to think about the volatility of bitcoin, because it is also necessary to be aware of aggressive market movements, but we just don't focus too much on it so that it disturbs our psychology and makes us think about it day and night.

Cossyblack

Activity: 93
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 11, 2024, 10:24:39 PM

Investing in Bitcoin should never think about the volatility of the market because the religion of Bitcoin is to go up and down. So Bitcoin can move down or up in the market at any time depending on the movement of Bitcoin. And I think an investor should never worry about the volatility of bitcoin investment but rather he plans for the long term. It is the best idea of an investor to always plan for the long term when investing in Bitcoin. When an investor invests in Bitcoin, he plans to hold it for a long time and has a goal. Investors always think positively and when the market reaches its highest level they decide to sell it. Since the Bitcoin market is currently in a good position, it is possible to make a profit by investing from here if the bull market can be held. And I think the Bitcoin market is likely to grow even more from next month and Bitcoin will hit a new record of $100k.

for people who are worried about the volatility of bitcoin, then they should not have invested in bitcoin from the start, because before they invest in bitcoin they should have understood the nature of bitcoin which tends to be volatile. and when they have chosen to invest in bitcoin, they should be able to adjust to the bitcoin market situation and focus more on adjusting their investment so that it will not cause potential losses to them.

but that doesn't mean that we don't need to think about the volatility of bitcoin, because it is also necessary to be aware of aggressive market movements, but we just don't focus too much on it so that it disturbs our psychology and makes us think about it day and night.

I don't think investing in bitcoin might lead to any potential losses,Bitcoin have proven to be a reliable coin over the years that someone can invest his/her money on and have peace of time without thinking of loss.I know the market can be very volatile and that his why when investing in bitcoin you should see it as long time investment where you will place your target and allow it to accumulate for a long time in other for you to hit up that target.Maybe the market isn't going your way at that moment and you try to adjust your investment,it might result to looses.
Essential10

Activity: 350
Merit: 116

View Profile
June 12, 2024, 07:36:15 AM

I don't think investing in bitcoin might lead to any potential losses,Bitcoin have proven to be a reliable coin over the years that someone can invest his/her money on and have peace of time without thinking of loss.I know the market can be very volatile and that his why when investing in bitcoin you should see it as long time investment where you will place your target and allow it to accumulate for a long time in other for you to hit up that target.Maybe the market isn't going your way at that moment and you try to adjust your investment,it might result to looses.

At least seeing the life cycle of Bitcoin this year, I never felt that investing in Bitcoin would be a loss for any period of time. As the beginning of the year was buoyant, the price of Bitcoin has been buoyant throughout the year. After the halving, many thought the price would go down a lot but it didn't, the price of Bitcoin started to go up a few days after the halving, if currently the price of Bitcoin is going up and going down for some time. Anyone who wants to invest in the current time, I think it is a good time, if you invest from here slowly and continue to invest for a long period of time, the bitcoin price will reach your desired goal. You can try and  can hold it.

Barikui1

Activity: 238
Merit: 181

View Profile
June 12, 2024, 09:33:05 AM

What are we worried about? Volatility and privacy are part of the beauty of Bitcoin, if a newbie investors is getting his or her self worked up for the volatility of Bitcoin, some other veterans or more informed Bitcoin investors will be very much confident because he knows that on the longer run, his investment will generate a very good revenue for him or her, so to me the volatility of Bitcoin is a blessing in disguise.

So as long as you are a long term holder, you don't have to be worried about the volatility of Bitcoin, because it will definitely bounce back to your favour, only if you are a long term holder, so we should be happy for it volatility, not getting worried over it.

Lastly, another set's of people that gets worried about volatility are the traders, so are you a trader?  If not then you should be confident on your Bitcoin investment on the longer run, because it's actually the real deal.

adultcrypto

Activity: 364
Merit: 277

View Profile
June 12, 2024, 10:05:08 AM

What are we worried about? Volatility and privacy are part of the beauty of Bitcoin, if a newbie investors is getting his or her self worked up for the volatility of Bitcoin, some other veterans or more informed Bitcoin investors will be very much confident because he knows that on the longer run, his investment will generate a very good revenue for him or her, so to me the volatility of Bitcoin is a blessing in disguise.
I don't seems to understand how volatility became the beauty of bitcoin both in terms of investment and for adoption into businesses and daily lives of people. On the contrary, I feel the volatile nature of bitcoin is a major stumbling block confronting bitcoin and its acceptability by businesses. I have seen many people willing to accept bitcoin in their businesses but the major challenge they always reference is that bitcoin is too volatile and that what was agreed now might not hold before payment are completed because of the volatile nature of bitcoin. In terms of long term invest, we might say it does not matter but it can actually affect entry point even though when the intention is for long-term holding. Someone investing in bitcoin through buying the dip might experience price jump when executing the order and this might be in price differential of over $2,000 considering how volatile bitcoin can be. Therefore, we can say that volatility account for the uniqueness of bitcoin and never the beauty.

Lastly, another set's of people that gets worried about volatility are the traders, so are you a trader?  If not then you should be confident on your Bitcoin investment on the longer run, because it's actually the real deal.
Indeed traders are those who complain so much above the volatility of bitcoin because of they stop loss getting eaten up always. But since the discussion is not trading focused, I will say no point emphasizing that. But like I said before, the volatility of bitcoin is still a thing to be worried about even though such worries are less for long-term investors.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
PLAY NOW
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Barikui1

Activity: 238
Merit: 181

View Profile
June 12, 2024, 11:37:08 AM

I don't seems to understand how volatility became the beauty of bitcoin both in terms of investment and for adoption into businesses and daily lives of people. On the contrary, I feel the volatile nature of bitcoin is a major stumbling block confronting bitcoin and its acceptability by businesses. I have seen many people willing to accept bitcoin in their businesses but the major challenge they always reference is that bitcoin is too volatile and that what was agreed now might not hold before payment are completed because of the volatile nature of bitcoin. In terms of long term invest, we might say it does not matter but it can actually affect entry point even though when the intention is for long-term holding. Someone investing in bitcoin through buying the dip might experience price jump when executing the order and this might be in price differential of over $2,000 considering how volatile bitcoin can be. Therefore, we can say that volatility account for the uniqueness of bitcoin and never the beauty.

Ok I understand your point very well, but I have a question for you, how would Bitcoin be different from the fiat if it has no volatility? How would it be different if it's as static as the fiat, and is a prey to inflation?

Or most of us the Bitcoin enthusiastic that are clamouring to one another that we should hold on tight for a very long period of time, so as to be able to build a generational wealth, how are we going to achieve that if Bitcoin is not volatile?

Bro, we are definitely going to end up in a huge lose for holding too long, you know why? Because by then inflation will have a serious effect on it that we are definitely going to regret holding for too long, so my brother, it's because of it volatility we are holding it, because with the high potential of Bitcoin, we stand a chance of making significant gain, if we can hold a bit longer.

Kristiyana

View Profile
June 12, 2024, 03:15:22 PM

Majority of us experience to deal the risk of trading that's why majority of people realize and agree that this activity is so risky since people have big chance to lose specially if they are not careful enough on dealing with their emotions and decisions. That's why many go away for thinking that trading would became a good income provider for them. And just love the idea of  HODL and continue to seek up better strategy which they can used. Right now that BTC price is speculated to reach up at $100k then for sure that this is good event to wait by holders and if the time that price would be reached up by bitcoin then we can really see that lots of people will celebrate for getting good profits with it then for sure that it will create a lot of hype on any news channels.

Only the risk alone in trading should make people change there mind from going into trading though the reason why I mentioned having the experience will help make people understand is that, whenever you advise most people on the danger associated with trading they will be thinking you are lying so seeing it themselves will help them to no that trading is very difficult especially for someone with less knowledge and from there they will see that holding is very good.

Andrija Branislav

Activity: 280
Merit: 25

CRYPTO WEB3 NEOBANK

View Profile
June 12, 2024, 03:22:34 PM

Only the risk alone in trading should make people change there mind from going into trading though the reason why I mentioned having the experience will help make people understand is that, whenever you advise most people on the danger associated with trading they will be thinking you are lying so seeing it themselves will help them to no that trading is very difficult especially for someone with less knowledge and from there they will see that holding is very good.

I don't think that's a problem, for suggestions and advice, just keep going and in fact, everyone also knows the risks involved when we trade, even though we have read articles or news regarding trading risks many times.

Do you know what often crosses the mind of novice traders, why after I have money, buy coins and trade the price keeps going down and getting deeper and in the end I lose and have to cut losses at an unpleasant price.

For example, from June 1, the price of BTC experienced an increase and many hoped that the increase would continue at least up to 73K and this only lasted until June 7, then the market corrected from June 8 to 66k today. and now it's just starting to rise slowly.

▀███████▄            enterapp.io       |       CRYPTO WEB3 NEOBANK            ▄███████▀
                            PRE-SALE IS LIVE                           
▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄        D E C E N T R A L I Z E D   B A N K I N G        ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀
Bravut

Activity: 140
Merit: 30

View Profile
June 12, 2024, 04:23:18 PM

Ok I understand your point very well, but I have a question for you, how would Bitcoin be different from the fiat if it has no volatility? How would it be different if it's as static as the fiat, and is a prey to inflation?

Or most of us the Bitcoin enthusiastic that are clamouring to one another that we should hold on tight for a very long period of time, so as to be able to build a generational wealth, how are we going to achieve that if Bitcoin is not volatile?

Bro, we are definitely going to end up in a huge lose for holding too long, you know why? Because by then inflation will have a serious effect on it that we are definitely going to regret holding for too long, so my brother, it's because of it volatility we are holding it, because with the high potential of Bitcoin, we stand a chance of making significant gain, if we can hold a bit longer.

I love your point, Volatility of Bitcoin is one of the feature that differentiate it from fiat. And I would also love to point out the fact that if not for the volatility of Bitcoin we all would not have invested in Bitcoin, her volatile nature causes high demands aside her decentralised nature, which gives us profits and higher returns on our investment which is a blessing.
Let take a second; and be sincere if we would have invested in Bitcoin or taken it just as an alternative payment if it was just a coin that experience stable and predictable price movement.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 10418

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 12, 2024, 04:32:15 PM

[edited out]
At least seeing the life cycle of Bitcoin this year, I never felt that investing in Bitcoin would be a loss for any period of time. As the beginning of the year was buoyant, the price of Bitcoin has been buoyant throughout the year. 

I am not sure what purpose comes from attempting to measure bitcoin from the beginning of this calendar year.  That hardly makes any sense.

We could start from the November 2022 bottom, or if you are trying to focus on more recent events, we could surely see that there was a run-up that began right around October 2023... so measuring bitcoin price performance in the middle of a run up seems like it is going to fail to capture some kind of an actual dynamic that is going on within bitcoin's price that is not tied to the start of the calendar year. 

After the halving, many thought the price would go down a lot but it didn't, the price of Bitcoin started to go up a few days after the halving, if currently the price of Bitcoin is going up and going down for some time.

Well the BTC price had already gone up a lot prior to the halvening.. so whether it continued to go up or not seems almost like a non-event.. meaning that realistically, you could not necessarily have high expectations either way, even if some folks might have had high expectations.... sounds like a big so what to me.  I would not be engaging in my own bitcoin preparations merely based on expectations of others that may or may not end up playing out.

Might we say that the BTC price reached a high price of $73,794 on March 13, 2024, so then it has largely been bouncing around in the $60k to $70k range in the past 3 months.. or maybe we could suggest that the BTC price broke above $53k in the end up February 2024, so add a couple more weeks to the analysis that BTC prices still have largely been ranging in the $60k to $70k arena for that whole time which is 3.5 months and so why might we be wanting to make further assessments for why or whether or what direction that BTC prices might be going when it seems to largely be at the top of its range and close to its ATH for the whole last 3.5 months, and 3.5 months is not even a very long time in the whole scheme of things in terms of consolidations.. and whether we get a break up or down from here is still to be determined, while at the same time, it still seems quite clear that an overwhelming majority of the world's population (maybe somewhere in the ballpark of 99%) still does not have any or enough bitcoin... but what can we tell those lowcoiner/no coiner people.. since they still seem to be failing/refusing to buy any bitcoin, yet those of us who know about bitcoin still can be ongoingly buying it in the event that we are still building our bitcoin stash size.

Anyone who wants to invest in the current time, I think it is a good time, if you invest from here slowly and continue to invest for a long period of time, the bitcoin price will reach your desired goal. You can try and  can hold it.

I am not going to disagree with you about this part of your post, since that seems to be the punchline message, especially since there may well be expectations that the BTC price would go up, but it still has been stuck in a range, and surely at the same time, there are no guarantees that the BTC price is going to continue to go up from here, so anyone investing into bitcoin needs to figure out  how much s/he wants to invest into bitcoin, and surely there are advantages to those of us who have been buying and/or holding bitcoin for a while, but that still does not change the fact that if there are a lot of low coiners and no coiners out there, then the ONLY real way for them to prepare for BTC prices to go up is to actually have some bitcoin, but yeah, it may well take some of those folks quite a long time to get their hands onto some bitcoin and to figure out how to hold it in both private ways (and maybe even holding some of their coins with third parties, though many of us know that to be less preferable). 

Another thing is what is the investment timeline into bitcoin?  4-10 years or longer?   Hopefully folks are not just planning to play the upcoming wave of BTC prices that is going to potentially be up and down in the next less than 4 year period of time, but surely everyone has to figure out their own ways of accumulating enough bitcoin, including considering if they have a large enough BTC stash in order to start to feel comfortable engaging in some kind of a practice that is anything other than accumulation, and since around 99% of the world's population still does not have any or enough BTC, I prefer to presume that an overwhelming majority of persons still do not have enough BTC.. yet surely it is not easy to measure number of persons who have accumulated BTC, whether they are holding their BTC with third parties  (which truly does not 100% assure their ownership fo the coins) or if they are engaging in some kind of a self-custody, which surely is the preferred way to hold BTC, even though newbie bitcoiners might not be able to jump straight into self-custody without first spending some time with bitcoin and learning some of those self-custody matters, yet I personally do not proclaim that learning and/or practicing self-custody is a prerequisite to getting bitcoin exposure..

and a person may well start out getting exposure to bitcoin prices and holding BTC through 3rd parties as they are learning about self-custody and figuring out various ways to make sure that they end up holding a decent majority of their coins through self-custody.. perhaps even 75% or more of their coins should ultimately be held through self-custody, even though while they are newbies they might start out by using third-parties to hold their coins.. to the extent that they acquire their coins through third-parties.  There are some newbies to bitcoin who may well get to know various bitcoiners, and may well be able to buy bitcoin directly from already existing bitcoiners or to offer goods and/or services to acquire bitcoin, so we cannot necessarily lock ourselves into one model that any of the bitcoiner newbies might start to build up their bitcoin holdings and end up holding their BTC in various kinds of ways that may or may not end up being one way, including that from jurisdiction to jurisdiction some of the availabilities of getting coins can vary.. and also some of the availabilities of getting in and out of coins can change from jurisdiction to jurisdiction with the passage of time too.. so bitcoin remains a learning process for all of us.

[edited out]

So as long as you are a long term holder, you don't have to be worried about the volatility of Bitcoin, because it will definitely bounce back to your favour, only if you are a long term holder, so we should be happy for it volatility, not getting worried over it.

Why do you feel such a need to proclaim that bitcoin will "definitely" bounce back. That kind of absolute language is quite problematic, even though surely many of us recognize and appreciate bitcoin as a solid investment, it still is not "guaranteed" to bounce back or even to "go up forever Laura".. even though again bitcoin is a solid investment and from time to time, it does not hurt to exaggerate the upwards trajectory of bitcoin, but still we have to be careful in regards to recognizing the reality that guarantee does not exist.

Lastly, another set's of people that gets worried about volatility are the traders, so are you a trader?  If not then you should be confident on your Bitcoin investment on the longer run, because it's actually the real deal.

This response seems to be a bit mixed up, especially since traders love volatility and tend to be able to profit way more from volatility rather than from non-volatile assets/currencies.  So, generally speaking, volatility is a friend to traders, yet still traders can still end up getting into trouble with any asset (including something like bitcoin) if they might be giving too much weight to up and down factors without adequately accounting for bitcoins likelihood to continue to go up forever.. so there still could be ways that traders play bitcon and are able to profit from its volatility so long as they do not end up getting caught up on the wrong side of some of bitcoin's unexpected upward price movements and their having had little to no BTC price exposure during such upward price movements that may well end up not correcting back down and they would have had been way better off to have had  been in bitcoin rather than out of bitcoin and sometimes during such upward price movements the traders might have had ended up losing all of his/her previous gains because s/he had failed to adequately hedge himself/herself.

We know that generally very large portions of traders end up losing, and we also know that historically bitcoin has a very good asset to hold onto rather than attempting to trade, so surely the traders who end up profiting in trading bitcoin may well have ended up getting lucky or maybe they ended up having certain kinds of skills (and/or insights or insider information) that ended up differentiating them from an overwhelming number of traders that have ended up doing worse by attempting to trade bitcoin rather than just ongoingly persistently and consistently accumulating it.

[edited out]
I don't seems to understand how volatility became the beauty of bitcoin both in terms of investment and for adoption into businesses and daily lives of people. On the contrary, I feel the volatile nature of bitcoin is a major stumbling block confronting bitcoin and its acceptability by businesses. I have seen many people willing to accept bitcoin in their businesses but the major challenge they always reference is that bitcoin is too volatile and that what was agreed now might not hold before payment are completed because of the volatile nature of bitcoin.

There is nothing wrong with people (who accept bitcoin in the business context, for example) to consider how much bitcoin that they would like to hold, based on expectations of its ongoing volatility.

Sometimes they might fail to appreciate the value of bitcoin based on its volatility and they may well want something that is pegged to the dollar, so that is their choice - which they might end up under-allocating to bitcoin based on such negative perceptions about its volatility that they have not figured out adequate ways to mitigate though their allocation amounts.

In terms of long term invest, we might say it does not matter but it can actually affect entry point even though when the intention is for long-term holding.

Just because people might accept bitcoin for goods and services does not mean that they have to hold all of the value in bitcoin, so for example someone who has an income in fiat may need to buy bitcoin, but someone who receives bitcoin for goods an services may well have to sell some of his/her bitcoin in order to maintain a balance in his/her investment level into bitcoin, and part of that may well depend upon if his/her bills are in fiat or in bitcoin, and surely we could presume that the majority of people are going to have their bills in fiat.. so they still have to figure out their balances whether they receive some or all of their income in bitcoin.. .. and they still may have to consider whether they are going to save/invest 5% to 25% in bitcoin, and surely a starting presumption might be that it might not be realistic for people to save/invest more than 10% of their income in bitcoin, so individuals have to tailor their amounts to their circumstances, since some folks can afford to be more aggressive than others depending on the level of their discretionary income, whether that discretionary income comes from bitcoin sources or from fiat sources, similar kinds of analysis needs to be done in terms of how aggressive they are comfortable in being in terms of their bitcoin accumulation and/or holding of bitcoin versus other places that they might hold their value...including their considerations of their emergency fund, reserves and/or monthly cash floats.

Someone investing in bitcoin through buying the dip might experience price jump when executing the order and this might be in price differential of over $2,000 considering how volatile bitcoin can be. Therefore, we can say that volatility account for the uniqueness of bitcoin and never the beauty.

The beauty comes from the attempt to create systems to deal with bitcoin's most likely ongoing and inevitable volatility that is not easy to really predict direction and/or how long the BTC price might stay within various price ranges.

Lastly, another set's of people that gets worried about volatility are the traders, so are you a trader?  If not then you should be confident on your Bitcoin investment on the longer run, because it's actually the real deal.
Indeed traders are those who complain so much above the volatility of bitcoin because of they stop loss getting eaten up always. But since the discussion is not trading focused, I will say no point emphasizing that. But like I said before, the volatility of bitcoin is still a thing to be worried about even though such worries are less for long-term investors.

Yep.  It seems that trading is a bit of a specialized topic, and we should not necessarily consider that it is a good thing to get into trading or even the need to talk about trading in various bitcoin threads.  Yeah, people do trade bitcoin and some of them are able to profit and/or make money from such trading, yet it surely is not obvious that an overwhelming majjority of folks would be better off to either not trade at all or to limit the amount of their trading of bitcoin, since generally speaking trading takes time to learn and to employ various tools and methods that even experienced traders have difficulties employing in profitable ways, which seems a bit strange why anyone would be wanting to overly trade bitcoin when it has already proven to be amongst the best (if not the best) of assets to hold for the long term, and even if the future of bitcoin's prices is not guaranteed, there surely is some value in considering holding bitcoin and limiting the trading of it.. even for those who are curious about trading, maybe they could consider some value in terms of limiting their trading of bitcoin to less than 10% of the size of their bitcoin holdings and be careful not to overdo it.. even though for many (if not most people), trading can end up devolving into a kind of gambling rather than a real good way to spend time, money and energies..

[edited out]

This is a pretty dumb question.  It is like you are asking for us to imagine bitcoin to be something that it is not rather than something that it is.

The fact of the matter is that we should be attempting to appreciate bitcoin for what it is rather than trying to imagine bitcoin to be something that it is not, and if you think about the matter, bitcoin happens to both be the most sound of monies ever invented/discovered and at the same time, there happens to be a bit of a battle (or might we say war) in regards to bitcoin's role in society.  So if we are both experiencing the greatest transfer of wealth known to man kind and there is also various kinds of disinformation about bitcoin, then how the hell is bitcoin going to remain stable in those kinds of circumstances?

Perhaps once bitcoin gets into the ballpark of 10x to 100x of the market cap of gold, it might become more stable, but even then, we have to consider the facts as they are and attempt to assess what is going on once bitcoin gets to those kinds of prices (market cap levels)... so in other words, try to consider and accept bitcoin for what it is rather than engaging in fantasylandia imaginations about what you wished it were to be when your wishes do not even seem to be accounting for what bitcoin actually is.

Fair enough..  Bitcoin volatility ends up being to the upside mostly, but surely it is not guaranteed to be to the upside in the period of time that you are hoping it to be to the upside, and it is also not guaranteed that you are going to manage your bitcoin accumulation and/or your maintenance of your BTC in such a way that you are going to be able to either benefit from its likely ongoing appreciation and/or to be able to pass such wealth onto your heirs.

Yes... .the dollar and other various fiats are ongoingly debasing against bitcoin, so hopefully many of us can recognize and appreciate such ongoing debasement of fiats that are contributing to the demise of various fiat systems, even though surely we need to also survive in our holdings of fiat and bitcoin and maybe even other ways of holding value in terms of making sure that we do not overly allocate to bitcoin in such a way that we are no longer able to hold it and we do not want to be forced to sell any of our BTC at a time that is not completely of our own choosing.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
FinePoine0

Activity: 434
Merit: 129

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 12, 2024, 11:58:06 PM

It is certainly possible for Bitcoin to hit $100k, as Bitcoin prices have touched a high of $73.6k from lows in the past. Since the bull market of 2021 was the peak target, the possibility of more bitcoin price increases this year is very high, which is why every investor increases the maximum investment. So there is a high probability that the price of Bitcoin will at least reach 150k this year.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: