Bitcoin Forum
August 08, 2024, 02:23:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Road to 100k?  (Read 8636 times)
Sexylizzy2813

Activity: 658
Merit: 433

View Profile
August 06, 2024, 05:59:57 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

With the sudden fall of Bitcoin price at this early stage of this very month of August, do we even have to see something new as in terms of getting a new price? From $69k back down to $50k as the current price, the market price was a bit strong in heading towards the $70k which was the resistance for the better part of 2-3 months ago now we have been trying to see it get to that amount or even get past it but nothing relatively positive has happened to meet up to that amount and now we have it at $50k which is not in anyway trying to go up, who's going to complain more, old investors who has been hoping for the price to continue going up or the new ones that just saw it getting to $70k and all of a sudden it went back to $50k?
New investors should be happy with the current dip because it is an opportunity for them to accumulate more bitcoin at a cheaper rate. Buying regular with DCA is the best because at times like this you will not be left out to benefit from the dip and I don't think that any new investor should worry about bitcoin dipping to $50k because that should not be his concern. His concern is to continue accumulating and building his bitcoin portfolio towards his bitcoin target with his ongoing DCA consistently and persistently because he is on a long term investment and bitcoin will surely recover and even go higher above $100k in 4 years time.

So this is a good price and time to take advantage of the market instead of panicking. Old investors are already used to bitcoin price movement and it is a norm to them to continue hodli without fear because many of them are already into good profit due to the compounding effect of their bitcoin portfolio. But the truth is that nobody loves to see the value of his bitcoin investment going down due to market dip.
Thinking of accumulating for new investor is the only thing they should be concerned about because they don't have much to worry, in no time the price will go up in their favor but old investors should be the ones to be afraid of losing especially when it gets down to $45k which I'm not hoping it will but we have to tell ourselves the truth, Bitcoin price when it wants to go down it does it in a way that you ask if you're doing the right thing and sometimes you begin to doubt yourself and that's fear of losing talking.
The old investors might be familiar with Bitcoin price dropping but I don't think is all that have the patience and the time to stay focused rather than panicking, that too is normal for every holder, so I believe this particular drop of BTC has made many to start tapping their panic button, but is not yet time for that, I'll say is time to wait for the market price to take a new turn.

Of course, the more BTC that anyone accumulates, and the more that BTC goes up in price, then the less it might feel that any new BTC purchases make any kind of a difference in the size of the BTC holdings - yet at the same time, the more that the BTC accumulator accumulates, then the more s/he is going to perceive his investment going way more down in value rather than being able to appreciate how any new amount of BTC that he purchases is allowing him to stack more sats.

Sometimes the amount of sats or the size of the stack is misleading, yet it still seems to be the case that a large number of newbie investors are likely to feel much better later down the road if they have spent a decent amount of effort stacking as many sats as they can during their first cycle.

There are even quite a few longer terms BTC investors who may have even had considerable amounts of increases in their income in the last several years, yet they still can look at their bitcoin holdings and recognize that in their beginning years they were able to stack way more sats on way lower levels of income as compared to how many sats they are able to stack these days with even way higher quantities of dollars.

I can even give my own example in which there was a lot of time in 2015 that I had some shortages in my cashflow, yet I would still buy BTC whenever I got some extra money coming in (or I figured out I had some extra money).. So if I had $100 extra come in, then maybe I would use half of it to buy bitcoin which would get me right around 0.2BTC (for $50).  It did not seem like a lot at the time, but I continued to do that for quite a bit of 2015, with varying amounts of money coming in, $10, $40, $80, $400.. and then half would go to bitcoin and the other half would go into my float (a kind of a reserve for possible expenses that might come up).  That was the way that I was dealing with my cashflow through much of 2015.

My point is not to idolize 2015, but instead to suggest that there likely remains value in terms of accumulating as much as you reasonably can without over doing it, especially in your earliest years of accummulation.

Another thing that happened to me is that I had been pretty aggressive with my BTC accummulation from the start, so I had been thinking that after a year of accumulation, then I was more or less good in terms of the amount of BTC that I had accumulated between late 2013 and late 2014; however part of the problem was that the BTC price stayed down for another whole year, so I could not resist but to continue to accumulate, and that is how I came to my own self assessment that I had overaccumulated by the time we got through 2015, and so that was how I assessed and considered my BTC stash to be within a kind of state of overaccumulation.. and it really never did fall out of such status of being labeled as overaccumulated.  So any subsequent practices that I had in regards to bitcoin were different in my early accumulation stage (which was 2014) and then my overaccumulation stage which was 2015 and even a bit into 2016), and so ever since 2017-ish, I had been dealing with my way of assessing my being in a state of overaccumulation.

Part of the reason why I so frequently suggest that members spend their early years in bitcoin getting to a state of adequate or overaccumulation is so that that they can get to the next level, yet surely one of the disadvantages that many folks have is that they are also new to investing, so it could take them way more than one or two cycles to get to a state of adequate or over accumulation of bitcoin, as compared with my having come to bitcoin after already having had a bit more than 20 years already investing into other things.. So it can change your perspective if you are coming to bitcoin as a brand new investor as compared with someone who is able to potentially front load his/her investment into bitcoin a bit more based on having already built up an overall investment portfolio and then merely addiing bitcoin to such already existing investment portfolio as one additional asset.

Some if these newbies feel they did the best thing in investing late when it wasn't going down and to them is the best decision they made which is true but never do they know is also one of the best decisions the old investors did but only that they needed to add some patience in times like this, so that whenever things gets back on track, talking about Bitcoin price it will show them the main reason for enduring for long.
To be honest with you Mr double JG I think your opinion or your example can come a long way when it comes to situations as this and many can learn from your experience and if possible you get a thread or something to expatiate more on whatever you have to share (like a kind of lecture on investment) to the newbies who gets misleaded in the crypto space. From the way you said it on how you make your investment it seems there is no room for losses, and I agree with you because ones you split your funds like having the one for expenses and the ones for investment you won't feel anything when Bitcoin price drops and you know for sure that it must definitely move back up so this strategy is a wise one but some only make use of all instead of keeping some just incase.
You made a valid point there but back then I feel the desperation newbies had wasn't as much as they do have it now and now the patient level is lower than before, not all can endure all you did back then and the seriousness as of 2015 and now isn't the same too, I believe ones you have a target you can achieve something better, so I don't expect any newbies to have those qualities someone like you who have seen in and out of Bitcoin investment. Some who started last year feels they know much but they never knew what it took to get to this level,  I just wish with all these said, some will make use of the opportunity they have than bragging of getting to the top just because the market price favors them just one time.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Barikui1

Activity: 294
Merit: 231

View Profile
August 06, 2024, 07:27:02 AM

If you are asking between old and new investors, who's going to complain more about the fluctuation of Bitcoin then I'd say that new investors are more likely to complain more because old investors has been in the market longer and they know how it works. An old investor would feel disappointed and frustrated but only to an extent because they are sure that Bitcoin will always raise and they will never sell off their hodlings out of panic and fear of losses but a new investor knows absolutely nothing about how the market works and are more likely to experience the sense of loss or disappointment and potentially regretful about investing in Bitcoin as they were expecting Bitcoin to continue raising or at least be stable at the top and could be forced to sell their hodlings fearing further price drops.
Yes it is true that new investors sell their investments on Emotionally. That is why those who are new to investing are advised to acquire knowledge and analyze investments properly. A new investor complains when the price of any coin i.e. Bitcoin falls during investment because he may not be experienced about it.
I don't agree with you that new investors will liquidate their investment emotionally because that depends entirely on their conviction before they got started. Some newbies started their Bitcoin investment with the right mindset and strong conviction, hence they started the investment on the premise of long term. Take for example, a newbie investor who want to start Bitcoin investment and came to this forum for the necessary information, such newbie would have learnt some of the important lessons that most of us known by engaging in discussions on the various threads that focuses on how to go about investing in Bitcoin. Things like the DCA method, buying the dips, how to set up emergency funds and how to make good use of market corrections to collect more Bitcoin instead of panicking during such times. From the knowledge and experience of older investors, such new investor will already know how to navigate a market profile like we have now even better than some old investor especially those who buy and sell at the sight of profits.

On my own perspective, wether newbies investors or not, it all boils down to the person in question, how much confidence and trust do they have in Bitcoin, because I have seen it on several occasions where veterans investors sell at a loss in panic, due to some dip in the market that was really hard for them to comprehend, ok let's look at this present dip in the market, do you think it's all knowledgeable and veterans investors that still keeps to their holdings? No.

Most investors including newbies investors or veterans that has all the required knowledge still panic, anytime their is a very strong dip in the market, and sincerely speaking, in my own opinion, it's because of we most times focus too much on the speculations on Bitcoin and what people with negative mindset about Bitcoin have to say, so in essence of what am trying to say is that, if you truly believe in Bitcoin, and knows what you are doing and it potential in the future, you wouldn't even pay attention to anything negative people have to say about Bitcoin, and such negativity is what makes people to panic  and start selling in a loss.

So the best way to go about it is that, as long as you are a long term holder, is to continue your accumulation through the DCA accumulating strategy and ignore all what negative people have to say about Bitcoin, regardless of wether their is a dip or not.

laijsica

Activity: 182
Merit: 129

Catalog Websites

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2024, 01:27:53 PM

If you are asking between old and new investors, who's going to complain more about the fluctuation of Bitcoin then I'd say that new investors are more likely to complain more because old investors has been in the market longer and they know how it works. An old investor would feel disappointed and frustrated but only to an extent because they are sure that Bitcoin will always raise and they will never sell off their hodlings out of panic and fear of losses but a new investor knows absolutely nothing about how the market works and are more likely to experience the sense of loss or disappointment and potentially regretful about investing in Bitcoin as they were expecting Bitcoin to continue raising or at least be stable at the top and could be forced to sell their hodlings fearing further price drops.
Yes it is true that new investors sell their investments on Emotionally. That is why those who are new to investing are advised to acquire knowledge and analyze investments properly. A new investor complains when the price of any coin i.e. Bitcoin falls during investment because he may not be experienced about it.
I don't agree with you that new investors will liquidate their investment emotionally because that depends entirely on their conviction before they got started. Some newbies started their Bitcoin investment with the right mindset and strong conviction, hence they started the investment on the premise of long term. Take for example, a newbie investor who want to start Bitcoin investment and came to this forum for the necessary information, such newbie would have learnt some of the important lessons that most of us known by engaging in discussions on the various threads that focuses on how to go about investing in Bitcoin. Things like the DCA method, buying the dips, how to set up emergency funds and how to make good use of market corrections to collect more Bitcoin instead of panicking during such times. From the knowledge and experience of older investors, such new investor will already know how to navigate a market profile like we have now even better than some old investor especially those who buy and sell at the sight of profits.

On my own perspective, wether newbies investors or not, it all boils down to the person in question, how much confidence and trust do they have in Bitcoin, because I have seen it on several occasions where veterans investors sell at a loss in panic, due to some dip in the market that was really hard for them to comprehend, ok let's look at this present dip in the market, do you think it's all knowledgeable and veterans investors that still keeps to their holdings? No.

I think experienced people may withdraw bitcoin due to some business mind but they certainly cannot panic. Although they may know that the value of Bitcoin will recover and they will continue to compete for repurchases. They essentially exit their buying sentiment from the dips and resume their stashing.
Following the DCA method can largely eliminate the need for you to have an extra trading attitude where you can follow the normal process of accumulating bitcoins while keeping your income in line with your expenses and your holdings grow over time.

████████████████████     BitList     ████████████████████
Real-Time Data Tracking Curated by The Community
│     List #kycfree Websites     │
Justbillywitt

Activity: 336
Merit: 263

View Profile
August 06, 2024, 02:08:31 PM

With the sudden fall of Bitcoin price at this early stage of this very month of August, do we even have to see something new as in terms of getting a new price? From $69k back down to $50k as the current price, the market price was a bit strong in heading towards the $70k which was the resistance for the better part of 2-3 months ago now we have been trying to see it get to that amount or even get past it but nothing relatively positive has happened to meet up to that amount and now we have it at $50k which is not in anyway trying to go up, who's going to complain more, old investors who has been hoping for the price to continue going up or the new ones that just saw it getting to $70k and all of a sudden it went back to $50k?
It is definitely going to be the new investors who just entered the market. As an old investors shoukd have known that the market is not always in one direction, as the market is always program to go up and down. The old investors know fully well that instead of complaining they should be buying the dip while the new investors who bought at $65k and above will be scared to invest further, as it will make no sense to him or her.  When you are already experienced at something and well acquainted with it's behavior you won't be terrified when you are seeing such behavior being displayed, unlike someone who is new to the environment. Old investors should have seen several dips this year alone, so this one will not be different from those ones he has seen. So why will he be terrified?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|||
▄▄████▄▄
▀█▀
▄▀▀▄▀█▀
▄░░▄█░██░█▄░░▄
█░▄█░▀█▄▄█▀░█▄░█
▀▄░███▄▄▄▄███░▄▀
▀▀█░░░▄▄▄▄░░░█▀▀
░░██████░░█
█░░░░▀▀░░░░█
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▄░█████▀▀█████░▄
▄███████░██░███████▄
▀▀██████▄▄██████▀▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▀▄███░░░▀████░███▄▀██▄
███░████░░░░░▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄░░░░▀░████░███
███░████░███▄░░░░████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄░░███▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
SOUTHAMPTON FC
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
EclipseXcrypto

Activity: 43
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 06, 2024, 02:49:32 PM

No need to complain whether be it a new investor or an experienced investor, bitcoin investment is all about staying patient. It's better to view every moment that presents itself in our  bitcoin investment as an opportunity to grow our investments for more and higher profits because bitcoin always was come through despite its decline in price. Experienced investors can apply their knowledge during price drop to accumulate more Bitcoin at low price because its better to purchase bitcoin when the price is down in other to capitalise on the potential profit when the price rises again.  In moment when there is a sudden decline its important to engage in critical thinking, by seizing market fluctuation opportunities that is present and having the faith or the belief of more profit when the the price goes up.
Promocodeudo

Activity: 490
Merit: 283

stead.builders

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2024, 03:25:55 PM

who's going to complain more, old investors who has been hoping for the price to continue going up or the new ones that just saw it getting to $70k and all of a sudden it went back to $50k?

This is exactly the case, it is expected to be so, new investors are novice in the system as such ordinarily as novice they are suppose to shiver once there is unexpected shift in the market that does not favor investors, as for the old investors they are known to have experienced one or two events that has taken place in the market so enduring whatever situation that comes as a result of fluctuation wouldn't be a problem for them, despite that it has been said several times that what newbies need is the basic knowledge, most of them has remain in that basic knowledge even after taking part in the investment for a while which is not suppose to be the case, Bitcoin is a volatile asset which is its own character and I believe that Bitcoin being the most valued currency is because it is not a stable coin, every investor be it new or old should have come across Bitcoin being a volatile asset, I Believe that if newbies understand what volatility is, they wouldn't panic about price depreciation hence volatility works sideways.

█████████▄▄▄████▄█▄
███████▄█████▄▄█████▄
████████▀███▀░░▀██████▄
█████████▀███████▀██████
░░▄█▄████▄██▄██████▀███
▄█████▄█████▄████████
▀███▀░░▀██████▄███▄██▄
██████████▀█████░░██████▄
░░███▄██████▀██████▀███▀
██████▄███████▄█████
██▀██████▄░░▄███▄
████▀█████▀▀█████▀
██████▀█▀████▀▀▀
STEAD██████▄███▄
█████████████████▄▄
████████████████████▄
█████████████████████
░▄▄███████████████████▄▄
█████████████████████████
░▀▀███████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

UNLOCK NEW HORIZONS 
Build floating infrastructure on the blockchain

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██████████████▄
██████████
█████████████▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
██████████████████████
████████
█████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄██▄▄▄██▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████████████████████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄██████

██
██
████████

JOIN NOW
████████
██
██
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 10652

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 06, 2024, 06:22:56 PM

[edited out]
Some if these newbies feel they did the best thing in investing late when it wasn't going down and to them is the best decision they made which is true but never do they know is also one of the best decisions the old investors did but only that they needed to add some patience in times like this, so that whenever things gets back on track, talking about Bitcoin price it will show them the main reason for enduring for long.

Of course, there is always going to be quite a bit of discretion that any newbie has in terms of whether to employ a waiting for the dip strategy or investing all the time consistently, persistently, ongoing and as aggressive as he can on a regular basis.

Personally, I doubt that it is correct to attempt to pigeonhole any newbie into suggesting that there is much if any value to employing a waiting strategy absent his having had come to an assessment that he has already accumulated enough BTC to be prepared for UP in light of his own budget, which thereafter gives him the luxury to hold back some value from his regular DCA for buying on the dip... dips that may or may not end up happening and dips that we cannot really know the depth of them or how long they will last if they do end up happening.

So, let's not be mixing up the newbie and the longer time investor, since longer time investors will have had more time to establish whatever system that they have in place.. and surely a longer time investor who has been through a whole cycle of putting his BTC buys into practice is even likely going to be in a much better place in terms of tweaking his system as compared with a longer time investor who might ONLY have in the ballpark of a couple of years investing into bitcoin (so less than a whole cycle).  

I have never been opposed, even to the somewhat brand new investor, to create some kinds of staggered preexisting BTC buy orders that might even go all the way down to the 200-WMA or maybe even lower than the 200-WMA, yet there still is going to need to be some determination regarding the size of such preexisting BTC buy orders and the increments of such preexisting buy orders, and one of the problems of relatively poor people is that largely by definition they tend to NOT have hardly any extra cash to be fucking around with such preexisting BTC buy orders, so it becomes really difficult to presume that they should be establishing preexisting buy orders rather than making sure that their more important priorities should be in place, which is buying BTC regularly, persistently, consistently and ongoingly, while also building up their various kinds of back up funds such as emergency funds, reserves and float... .. so sometimes when members like you (Sexylizzy2813) seem to want to ongoingly tout the value of having money available for buying dips, you seem to be presuming way too much in regards to the economic status of such newbies who likely are still in the process of making sure that they even have discretionary income to be able to buy BTC on a regular basis, such as every week, or that they are even close to having back up funds in place, which emergency funds are the most important of the back up funds, and so for relatively poor folks, it may well take 1-2 years or perhaps even longer just to build up both their BTC stack size and their emergency funds to be in the ballpark of something like 3 months of their expenses.. which I would consider those two categories of early BTC investors to be foundational starting points that should precede any fucking around with trying to buy dips and other ways of waiting that you seem to be assuming newbie investors capable of doing out of the box.

Of course, folks can do whatever they like when it comes to bitcoin and their cashflow management, even dumb stuff, yet I still consider that there are some kinds of basics in regards to cashflow management and getting early entrances into BTC that should be considered and put into practice to make sure to have in place and buttressing up if any of us are wanting to consider our involvement in bitcoin to be in the ballpark of investing rather than trading or gambling.

To be honest with you Mr double JG I think your opinion or your example can come a long way when it comes to situations as this and many can learn from your experience and if possible you get a thread or something to expatiate more on whatever you have to share (like a kind of lecture on investment) to the newbies who gets misleaded in the crypto space.

Each of us can ONLY do so much, and surely I have some luxury in regards to having had been able to spend quite a bit of time studying and trying to put into practice some of the cashflow management practices...and so there had been some points that I had considered that I had been repeating some of my ideas too much... so then in the past 2-3 years, I established a couple of threads (investment ideas and sustainable withdrawal), but surely those threads are still likely not enough in terms of being comprehensible like a book might be... so to me it just seems that each of us can ONLY do so much because I cannot really do more than I am doing, including that each of us have our limits in regards to maybe whether we want to spend more time putting matters into a kind of book style or to format the contents of various threads and subjects in ways that are better than they are.  

I am not even keeping up with the contents of my threads very well since my fuck you status chart has needed to be updated since the end of May, and even in the last couple of months, I had been realizing that I made a mistake in my time-based sustainable withdrawal formula which I should present in the thread so that we (Bitmover and I) can also update the time-based sustainable withdrawal tool on the website... so I am just suggesting that there are ONLY so many things that any of us can do, and at the same time, each person can also extrapolate and attempt to build on the work of other forum members to the extent that they consider the contributions to be valuable... which is another great thing when there are quite a few of us sharing information in an open forum like this one.

From the way you said it on how you make your investment it seems there is no room for losses, and I agree with you because ones you split your funds like having the one for expenses and the ones for investment you won't feel anything when Bitcoin price drops and you know for sure that it must definitely move back up so this strategy is a wise one but some only make use of all instead of keeping some just incase.

I doubt that I am saying that there is no room for losses, since I presume that many of us are going to make a lot of mistakes along the way, yet we still should try to establish our various balances of what we are doing in light of our own various individual 9 factors.  Personally, I think that it can take several years to work out systems that sufficiently balance your 9 individual factors, and the 9 individual factors remain a bit of a moving target, so the work of balancing is never really completely done, even though likelhy that the longer that any of us is in bitcoin and building up the strength of our BTC holdings and our various cashflow management systems, then it becomes likely that our tweakings are less frequent and less dramatic than those tweakings might be in our earliest years of building such BTC holdings and cashflow management systems.

You made a valid point there but back then I feel the desperation newbies had wasn't as much as they do have it now and now the patient level is lower than before,

You seem to presuming the desperation levels of newbies, since it seems to me that any of us (whether newbie or not) should be able put in cashflow management systems that sufficiently/adequately account for our own status in order to mitigate our level of desperation based on our attempts to do our best with whatever we have.

Yeah, if newbies have built-in desires to get rich as quick as they can and FOMO kinds of inclinations, then they are more likely to put themselves into situations in which they are contributing to their own greater feelings of desperation when they do not necessarily need to be in such a state if they consider the building of finances and systems can take quite a bit of time to strengthen including that some of the newbies may well have to start with $10 per week into BTC rather than $100 per week, even if they might have the capacity to do $100 per week, they have to balance out how they are building up their systems, and then maybe after a month or two of making sure they are maintaining a good balance with $10 per week into BTC, then maybe they ease up to $25 and then $50 per week into BTC, and surely they might not get up to $100 per week until a few months after they had gotten started, but they might have to engage in a variety of multi-tasking to figure out ways attempt to increase their disposable income by increasing their income and cutting their expenses while at the same time getting some of their debt in a better place.. and yeah there can be quite a bit of progress happening simultaneously, yet at the same time the progress can still take time, and BTC price movements remain only one of the factors, and likely current BTC price movements is way less important than some folks might presume them to be since it may well be way more important to get other aspects of their cashflow management into a strong place in order that they can actually afford to be more aggressive without contributing to unnecessary psychological pressures that might have been exacerbated because of both having wrong expectations and/or failing/refusing to sufficiently pace their BTC investment in accordance with their own financial/psychological particulars.

not all can endure all you did back then and the seriousness as of 2015 and now isn't the same too, I believe ones you have a target you can achieve something better, so I don't expect any newbies to have those qualities someone like you who have seen in and out of Bitcoin investment.

Each of us has to start from where we are at, and so yeah sometimes there are going to be tightnesses in the cashflow, and if the budget is projected for 6-18 months or longer in advance, then if any extra cash comes in, then systems can be in place regarding how to treat such extra cash, such as the rough ballpark system that I had in which if I had identified extra cash coming in, then I could generally speaking dedicate 1/2 of the extra cash towards buying bitcoin, even if the extra cash might have only been $20... and so if the systems are not in place, there can end up being panic and uncertainty and even frustration if all of the extra cash had been used to buy bitcoin, then some realizations come about that some of the extra cash should have been made available for expenses... so then if suddenly there is not enough extra cash for expenses, then the cash for the expenses have to come from some where, and if too much of that sloppiness takes place, then all of a sudden the investor is having to tap into his BTC at a time that is not completely of his own choosing because he failed/refused to have solid systems in place that include also having various kinds of sufficient/adequate back up cash systems.

Some who started last year feels they know much but they never knew what it took to get to this level,  I just wish with all these said, some will make use of the opportunity they have than bragging of getting to the top just because the market price favors them just one time.

Some people might have difficulties getting out a trader/gambler mindset, so there is ONLY so much any of us might say in bitcoin related forum threads like this one.  Sometimes they might be able to figure out ways to temper their trading/gambling sentiments by limiting their trading/gambling amount to 10% of their bitcoin holdings, so that way they can still get their trading/gambling fix, yet one of the problems and/or difficulties of gamblers is both identifying their gambling problem as a problem and also putting some kind of a system in place in order to attempt to fix their problem.  I am not even necessarily of the school to completely cut out the trading/gambling, especially for folks who can ONLY think in those kinds of terms, but if they might be able to figure out some way to modify it and start to shoot towards keeping their gambling/trading down to something like less than 10% of their bitcoin holdings size, then surely they might be able to continue to learn some kind of a better balance.. .. yet there is ONLY so much that any of us can do in order to help any other forum members to figure out better ways so that they can help themselves in their own bad habits and bad inclinations.

It is definitely going to be the new investors who just entered the market. As an old investors shoukd have known that the market is not always in one direction, as the market is always program to go up and down. The old investors know fully well that instead of complaining they should be buying the dip while the new investors who bought at $65k and above will be scared to invest further, as it will make no sense to him or her.  When you are already experienced at something and well acquainted with it's behavior you won't be terrified when you are seeing such behavior being displayed, unlike someone who is new to the environment. Old investors should have seen several dips this year alone, so this one will not be different from those ones he has seen. So why will he be terrified?

There can be ways that both old and new investors make mistakes, and sometimes there can be mistakes that result in doing the wrong thing, such as selling on the way down, yet the mistake still might not amount to any kind of a materially great loss of funds, even though liquidity ends up coming to the market, even when OLD investors might make the misstake of liquidating 5% or less of their BTC holdings, when they probably should have either HELD through it or should have had been buying rather than selling.. .. so yeah, anyone can make various mistakes, and we do not need to consider the mistakes to be in terms of all or nothing..

Another similar kind of mistake is waiting.. .. so instead of buying, too much waiting takes place, and then the opportunity to buy disappears.. and so some folks might have had categorized what they are doing as the right thing because they held, but surely sometimes that waiting and/or failure to buy was not really the right decision.. which is even worse when it comes from no coiners.. since so many no coiners still need to get off zero, for their own good... but they get too worked up about price rather than getting started and just starting to stack BTC regularly, even if it is whimpy stacking, the whimpy stacking of BTC is still likely going to be better than staying on zero, especially if we are able to look out 4-10 years or longer.

No need to complain whether be it a new investor or an experienced investor, bitcoin investment is all about staying patient. It's better to view every moment that presents itself in our  bitcoin investment as an opportunity to grow our investments for more and higher profits because bitcoin always was come through despite its decline in price. Experienced investors can apply their knowledge during price drop to accumulate more Bitcoin at low price because its better to purchase bitcoin when the price is down in other to capitalise on the potential profit when the price rises again.  In moment when there is a sudden decline its important to engage in critical thinking, by seizing market fluctuation opportunities that is present and having the faith or the belief of more profit when the the price goes up.

Even though you use the term "investor," you surely talk more like a trader rather than an investor... and yeah I don't really disagree with your ideas about some value coming from buying on the dip, and continuing to buy rather than panicking by either stopping buying or even doing other dumber things like selling.. yet even the various buys that might take place during dips, they likely are just going to marginally contribute to anyone feeling better by continuing to act rather than sitting around.. yet at the same time, there may well be a lot of newbies who have a budget in which they are really only able to buy weekly, and if they might have bought at one point in the week, and maybe after a partial dip, they may well end up not having any extra money on the sides to buy more dip.. .so they just have to wait until more money comes in, in which they might end up missing the whole dip, yet they should not feel bad about missing such dips since they already have a system in place, and even if they might learn to hold a bit extra on the side for further dips, it may not even really be in their interest to be fucking around with holding extra money on the side when their already existing practice of buying BTC weekly is already within a very good and even potentially sufficiently aggressive practice in terms of their assessing their own financial and/or psychological conditions.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Dailyscript

Activity: 266
Merit: 133

View Profile
August 06, 2024, 07:10:53 PM

Most investors including newbies investors or veterans that has all the required knowledge still panic, anytime their is a very strong dip in the market, and sincerely speaking, in my own opinion, it's because of we most times focus too much on the speculations on Bitcoin and what people with negative mindset about Bitcoin have to say, so in essence of what am trying to say is that, if you truly believe in Bitcoin, and knows what you are doing and it potential in the future, you wouldn't even pay attention to anything negative people have to say about Bitcoin, and such negativity is what makes people to panic  and start selling in a loss.

So the best way to go about it is that, as long as you are a long term holder, is to continue your accumulation through the DCA accumulating strategy and ignore all what negative people have to say about Bitcoin, regardless of whether their is a dip or not.
People will panic because they lack knowledge. I dont think anyone following this thread for months would ever panic to sell their Bitcoin. Remember when investing in Bitcoin we understand that the price does not stay in a fixed position in real time it could be higher or lower than the current price. People who DCA would sit at their house without any emotional instability because they will not panic as long as they are holding it for years. The essence of having Bitcoin knowledge is important in times like this when the price starts going down. So that we won't make such a mistake or tamper with our investment, one time tampering with our investment could destroy everything we have built so far. This is the time to sit tight and take your mind off what is happening now and place it on what will happen soon or in the future.

sotelorene

Activity: 322
Merit: 53

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 06, 2024, 08:13:08 PM

So the best way to go about it is that, as long as you are a long term holder, is to continue your accumulation through the DCA accumulating strategy and ignore all what negative people have to say about Bitcoin, regardless of whether their is a dip or not.
People will panic because they lack knowledge. I dont think anyone following this thread for months would ever panic to sell their Bitcoin. Remember when investing in Bitcoin we understand that the price does not stay in a fixed position in real time it could be higher or lower than the current price. People who DCA would sit at their house without any emotional instability because they will not panic as long as they are holding it for years. The essence of having Bitcoin knowledge is important in times like this when the price starts going down. So that we won't make such a mistake or tamper with our investment, one time tampering with our investment could destroy everything we have built so far. This is the time to sit tight and take your mind off what is happening now and place it on what will happen soon or in the future.

You are absolutely right dude this is a nice  period to build a great portfolio but we shouldn't get ourselves worked up or dry because of trying to take advantage of the current price of Bitcoin. Downtrend of Bitcoin doesn't mean we should go and invest what we can't afford to..., Because of you do and things went off balance ( if you have problem with your source of income) you may be tempted to go touch your investment when you are not suppose to... and at that point in time you will be seen as someone who doesn't know what investment is all about, so we should be wise while taking advantage of the market so that we don't speak trash about Bitcoin.

However, people who panics can not be generally seen as people who lack knowledge because we have traders and investors, so we can't say a trader lack's knowledge if he/he's is panicking because trading is very complex and you can't get your analysis right all the time but if an investor is panicking I can agree with you that he/she lack's knowledge because an investor is not meant to panic because of Bitcoin movement.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
I_Anime

Activity: 476
Merit: 196

View Profile
August 06, 2024, 08:34:38 PM

Yeah is normal, I also felt this way when I haven't gotten good knowledge on how bitcoin works.  Let me say me of then would have been in panic now that the value of my assets has dropped that it may not recover or bounce back to the normal price . Like a day back when bitcoin price drop to the range of $49k alot of folks was panicking, I was the one telling them to keep their cool , that this is the best time to purchase more not to panic. So I was like don't miss this wonderful opportunity the dip has given to you guys , well I won't blame them most folks literally sees bitcoin has a get rich scheme, that's why they lacks the patient, to hold Bitcoin for long-term investment. That's why most folks need to work on their mindset inorder to build a wonderful bitcoin stash for themselves in a long run.

2Pizza410000BTC

Activity: 462
Merit: 289

stead.builders

View Profile
August 06, 2024, 08:40:55 PM

No one should lose patience with Bitcoin investing. Be sure to sit back and relax by investing in Bitcoin. Moreover I believe so much that those who invest in Bitcoin and who are genuine investors will never lose patience and definitely go ahead and prepare themselves for more purchases. Real investors always think of increasing their investment. Maybe there are some new investors who invest and create volatility among themselves when the market goes down a bit. But to all those new investors who invest and feel uneasy when the market falls, I would like to say to those investors, hold on to your investment, you can't control yourself in this dumping market, if you can hold on tight. Better days are ahead will come, then get a good return. Although the market is currently a bit dumping, I expect the market to regain its momentum soon and reach the peak price by 2024, but I would say to those who have invested, go ahead and invest.

█████████▄▄▄████▄█▄
███████▄█████▄▄█████▄
████████▀███▀░░▀██████▄
█████████▀███████▀██████
░░▄█▄████▄██▄██████▀███
▄█████▄█████▄████████
▀███▀░░▀██████▄███▄██▄
██████████▀█████░░██████▄
░░███▄██████▀██████▀███▀
██████▄███████▄█████
██▀██████▄░░▄███▄
████▀█████▀▀█████▀
██████▀█▀████▀▀▀
STEAD██████▄███▄
█████████████████▄▄
████████████████████▄
█████████████████████
░▄▄███████████████████▄▄
░▀▀███████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

UNLOCK NEW HORIZONS 
Build floating infrastructure on the blockchain

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██████████████▄
██████████
█████████████▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
██████████████████████
████████
█████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄██▄▄▄██▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████████████████████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄██████

██
██
████████

JOIN NOW
████████
██
██
Sunderland

Activity: 1469
Merit: 381

Bitcoin Casino Est. 2013

View Profile
August 06, 2024, 09:03:11 PM

No one should lose patience with Bitcoin investing. Be sure to sit back and relax by investing in Bitcoin. Moreover I believe so much that those who invest in Bitcoin and who are genuine investors will never lose patience and definitely go ahead and prepare themselves for more purchases. Real investors always think of increasing their investment. Maybe there are some new investors who invest and create volatility among themselves when the market goes down a bit. But to all those new investors who invest and feel uneasy when the market falls, I would like to say to those investors, hold on to your investment, you can't control yourself in this dumping market, if you can hold on tight. Better days are ahead will come, then get a good return. Although the market is currently a bit dumping, I expect the market to regain its momentum soon and reach the peak price by 2024, but I would say to those who have invested, go ahead and invest.
Yep, the price of BTC reaching $100k will definitely happen, but we don't know when.
Crypto prices are currently falling because they are influenced by the Global Stock Market which also crashed starting 3 weeks ago along with the tension in the Middle East.
And when the global stock market starts to improve + the political tension in the Middle East starts to decline, then fears of recession in this year will also disappear = BTC prices will rise and hopefully we can see a new ATH at the end of this year.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
adultcrypto

Activity: 420
Merit: 290

View Profile
August 06, 2024, 09:41:20 PM

Crypto prices are currently falling because they are influenced by the Global Stock Market which also crashed starting 3 weeks ago along with the tension in the Middle East.
And when the global stock market starts to improve + the political tension in the Middle East starts to decline, then fears of recession in this year will also disappear = BTC prices will rise and hopefully we can see a new ATH at the end of this year.
I think we should focus more on bitcoin rather that using the word "crypto" that often seems like putting bitcoin in the same league as the numerous shitcoins in the market. The price of most of those shitcoins are not governed by real market indices as you could notice that even when the market sentiment is good, someone of them dump miserably due to manipulation by few individuals such as their founders. So if we keep the discussion around bitcoin, it will help a lot in avoiding distraction and inaccurate analysis. 

By the way, bitcoin have demonstrated once again that it is a good performer among the various asset classes that were impacted by the weak economic disposition that lead to the drop on price. While other assets such as gold are struggling to find support, bitcoin have seen a growth of over 6% from yesterday. This is impressive and I feel sorry for those who doubted bitcoin and panicked.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Sexylizzy2813

View Profile
August 06, 2024, 11:51:34 PM

The question is are you having that patience you talked about as an investor? Many are very afraid of losing even if it's a pin, you don't expect everyone to be cold blooded when it comes to funds to start an investment with, some goes as far as to borrow just to meet up and be part of those who invest in Bitcoin. Fine the market price gives us every clear moves it takes but we don't know when it will drop or increases and we have to accept it the way it is and wait for the positive outcome but is never easy in anyway.
Buying when we have the price dropping is not a bad idea and if you check some of what Mr double JG said, he said something about how he managed his own Bitcoin investment during 2015. It is indeed an opportunity but what happens when it keeps going down to let's say $43-$45k? After buying at $53k you discover that you have nothing close to gaining and you know Bitcoin doesn't just goes up like that, it takes time and that's where the fear comes in to make many start selling, to me it has to do with how calm you are when you're being pressured.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
TRADE NOW
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2024, 01:23:36 AM

Yep, the price of BTC reaching $100k will definitely happen, but we don't know when.

I am having some difficulties appreciating how such a vague concept of "crypto" relates to this thread unless you have some kind of an explanation for what that might be and how it relates to this thread (as adultcrypto also mentioned that angle, which comes off as a bit ironic given his user-name choice.. hahahaha).

If you meant to say bitcoin, then why did you not say bitcoin instead of speaking in gobble-dee-gook?

You really believe that bitcoin prices give more than a ratt's ass about various macro news events?  Sure in the short term there may or may not be effects, including short term BTC price moves, but seems like a pretty BIG SO WHAT in terms of considering factors that might affect overall BTC price dynamics.

By the way, bitcoin have demonstrated once again that it is a good performer among the various asset classes that were impacted by the weak economic disposition that lead to the drop on price. While other assets such as gold are struggling to find support, bitcoin have seen a growth of over 6% from yesterday. This is impressive and I feel sorry for those who doubted bitcoin and panicked.

So far, that seems to be a fairly decently good observation (and point), and surely we are going to end up seeing how the overall picture ends up playing out after we might end up retrospectly look back at the various times and the years.. including if we think about how this period might end up having some kind of similar (probably not going to play out exactly) dynamics as we ended up having in March 2020.. and the recovery in bitcoin within the next year ended up being right around 16x from our low of the March 2020 correction within about a year (from $3,850 to $64,500), and even our correction in mid to late 2022 still left us with a bottom price in November 2022 of about 4x higher than the March 2020 low ($15,479 as compared with $3,850). 

Sure, we could likely identify other BTC price comparisons, yet there are quite a few bitcoiners who are recognizing and appreciating the lameness of various proclaimed theories attempting to correlate bitcoin's price performance (or other bitcoin value assessment dynamics) with traditional assets (such as with the stock market).. yeah good luck to those folks who are acting as if they sufficiently and adequately understand bitcoin when they are attempting to box bitcoin into some kind of a mature asset category and without also appreciating its paradigm-shifting contribution to the world of how assets and value can be assessed.

Likely there are not too many of us who really feel that we have any clue in regards to various price step-ups that have happened in bitcoin's history and may also end up happening in the near future (and also might not), so in some sense there can be good reasons to make sure that each of us is adequately and sufficiently in bitcoin in those periods in which the BTC price step ups end up happening, because they can end up happening with hardly any notice and then if we are not in at the right times, then we may well end up losing out upon much of the price appreciation that ended up playing out while we might have been fucking around with shitcoins or putting what should have had been our bitcoin value into other assets/currencies.

but what happens when it keeps going down to let's say $43-$45k? After buying at $53k you discover that you have nothing close to gaining and you know Bitcoin doesn't just goes up like that, it takes time and that's where the fear comes in to make many start selling, to me it has to do with how calm you are when you're being pressured.

Of course, each of us should be financially and psychologically prepared for potential downside scenarios, including going down to the 200WMA or even below, even though surely we already had a pretty decent dip to $49.6k-ish, so it seems a bit overly pessimistic (or chart oriented) to be fucking around worrying about such downside scenarios, and hopefully your worrying about such downside scenarios is not contributing to your failure/refusal to make sure that you are sufficiently/adequately prepared for UP - especially for any newbies who might have had ONLY been buying bitcoin for less than a full cycle and even moreso for newbies who are not in a position to front load their BTC investment, it seems that those kinds of newbies just need to be buying regularly (hopefully weekly) without having any thoughts about whether the BTC price is going up or down and including perhaps making sure other aspects of their cashflow management is either in a good place or continuing to build good cashflow management systems.

Also, each person needs to consider the extent to which there might be any value to holding any kind of extra value for buying on dips rather than just buying right away and on a weekly basis with whatever level of discretionary income that they consider to be a sufficiently adequate amount. 

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Sexylizzy2813

View Profile
August 07, 2024, 01:47:16 AM

but what happens when it keeps going down to let's say $43-$45k? After buying at $53k you discover that you have nothing close to gaining and you know Bitcoin doesn't just goes up like that, it takes time and that's where the fear comes in to make many start selling, to me it has to do with how calm you are when you're being pressured.

Of course, each of us should be financially and psychologically prepared for potential downside scenarios, including going down to the 200WMA or even below, even though surely we already had a pretty decent dip to $49.6k-ish, so it seems a bit overly pessimistic (or chart oriented) to be fucking around worrying about such downside scenarios, and hopefully your worrying about such downside scenarios is not contributing to your failure/refusal to make sure that you are sufficiently/adequately prepared for UP - especially for any newbies who might have had ONLY been buying bitcoin for less than a full cycle and even moreso for newbies who are not in a position to front load their BTC investment, it seems that those kinds of newbies just need to be buying regularly (hopefully weekly) without having any thoughts about whether the BTC price is going up or down and including perhaps making sure other aspects of their cashflow management is either in a good place or continuing to build good cashflow management systems.

Also, each person needs to consider the extent to which there might be any value to holding any kind of extra value for buying on dips rather than just buying right away and on a weekly basis with whatever level of discretionary income that they consider to be a sufficiently adequate amount. 

I really get your point but can you blame those newbies?  If someone doesn't have the mentality of being prepared financially and otherwise then what do you expect, is like waiting for a train at the sea port, no plan of getting ready if something went wrong. I don't really blame the newbies because they only have one goal which is get your money in and expect to be rice the next day, the ones who find it a little bit easy are the ones who took their time to understand that it goes two ways either you lose or gain and these set of people are the knowledge seekers, they try to know more before getting involved, I'll say understanding and management are one of the keys to success when it comes to Bitcoin investment and you can as well include patience which to me is one of the hardest, just like we have Bitcoin dropping you'd see many losing it.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
TRADE NOW
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2024, 03:49:51 AM

I really get your point but can you blame those newbies? 

I blame you, since you keep bringing up those kinds of topics and suggesting that you are talking about the dynamics of others rather than about yourself.

Sure weak hands exist, yet to me, it seems to have better talking points to figure out how we can set up empowering systems for ourselves so we lessen the likelihood that any of us are going to succumb to such pressures to sell or to refuse to buy during times that we probably should avoid selling and figure out if their might be a way that we can buy.

None of us are completely exempt from having those kinds of weak-hand feelings from time to time, but there are financial and psychological systems that we can put in place.. and surely I consider that if strong financial systems (and practices) are put into place, then it becomes less and less likely that we will become vulnerable to psychological pressures to sell on the way down and/or fail to buy.. or maybe alternatively just to hold through the whole time in which we are likely to be under stress from BTC price moves.

If someone doesn't have the mentality of being prepared financially and otherwise then what do you expect, is like waiting for a train at the sea port,

Your ongoing posting about these kinds of negative ideas reminds me of the suggestion to not think of an elephant.

Sure it is the title of a largely political book, but still the idea of keeping on repeating something ends up putting the idea in our minds and making it more likely to become true from people continuing to think it.

no plan of getting ready if something went wrong. I don't really blame the newbies because they only have one goal which is get your money in and expect to be rice the next day, the ones who find it a little bit easy are the ones who took their time to understand that it goes two ways either you lose or gain and these set of people are the knowledge seekers, they try to know more before getting involved, I'll say understanding and management are one of the keys to success when it comes to Bitcoin investment and you can as well include patience which to me is one of the hardest, just like we have Bitcoin dropping you'd see many losing it.

You seem to love that topic of people losing it.  You are free frame things however you like, even though surely I have frequently complained about the topic, even if you claim to be referring to others rather than referring to yourself.

sotelorene

Activity: 322
Merit: 53

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 07, 2024, 05:59:35 AM

The question is are you having that patience you talked about as an investor? Many are very afraid of losing even if it's a pin, you don't expect everyone to be cold blooded when it comes to funds to start an investment with, some goes as far as to borrow just to meet up and be part of those who invest in Bitcoin. Fine the market price gives us every clear moves it takes but we don't know when it will drop or increases and we have to accept it the way it is and wait for the positive outcome but is never easy in anyway.
Buying when we have the price dropping is not a bad idea and if you check some of what Mr double JG said, he said something about how he managed his own Bitcoin investment during 2015. It is indeed an opportunity but what happens when it keeps going down to let's say $43-$45k? After buying at $53k you discover that you have nothing close to gaining and you know Bitcoin doesn't just goes up like that, it takes time and that's where the fear comes in to make many start selling, to me it has to do with how calm you are when you're being pressured.

Exactly, so many persons are so scared about Bitcoin movement and sometimes I ask myself if they know what they actually signed for because if someone who calls himself/herself investor is scared of the market behavior then that person is not worthy to be called an investor. As long as investment is concerned there's always a risk and before venturing into any investment it means you are ready to face anything and one thing some people don't know is that whenever you invest in Bitcoin, no matter the Dip you can't lose your coin but rather the value will drop.

The fact that we are not certain about Bitcoin shouldn't make us have the feeling that Bitcoin will Dip and never rise again, before now we all already know  that Bitcoin is volatile  and one thing I want us to know is that, the volatility of Bitcoin doesn't know or have limit that is why anything is possible it can get to $100k and above today and it can also go below $30k today so we shouldn't be dismayed. What makes people great is being positive at all time and seeing beyond what is happening around.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
Hewlet

Activity: 378
Merit: 161

View Profile
August 07, 2024, 07:01:50 AM

I really get your point but can you blame those newbies?  If someone doesn't have the mentality of being prepared financially and otherwise then what do you expect, is like waiting for a train at the sea port, no plan of getting ready if something went wrong. I don't really blame the newbies because they only have one goal which is get your money in and expect to be rice the next day,
it's not just about the mentality of a particular set of individuals and I don't agree that most newbies just want to buy Bitcoin today and then hope to become profitable at it the next day, week or month. Those kind of conclusion are rather too theoretical to be true. I don't know how long one has to stay in the Bitcoin sphare before he leaves that state of being looked at as a newbie but one that's just in his first two years of his investment should be very much known as a newbie since he's not yet stayed up to a whole circle to have hard a complete knowledge on what an investment circle looks like but yet most of them like myself knows better than making those kind of assumption that my investment will become profitable in a short term like you're suggesting.

the ones who find it a little bit easy are the ones who took their time to understand that it goes two ways either you lose or gain and these set of people are the knowledge seekers, they try to know more before getting involved, I'll say understanding and management are one of the keys to success when it comes to Bitcoin investment
over considering profit and loss doesn't look like a good recipe for someone that says he's investing for the long term. I know we can't assume that investing in Bitcoin  is 100% void of loss but at least, if you're in for the long term and not triggered to sell with the market isn't favourable, the possibility of taking about losses is surely minimal and less pronounced compaired to most investment choices.
Instead  of investing with the hope that you're iether going to have profit or loss in your investment which is in the real sense the reality what whatever we do in life, it's just best to invest an amount you're capable of and don't do above your means. This is the reason why DCA can't be left out in discussions like this because it helps you to seamlessly do your accumilation  without thinking too much about variables like loss since your DCA amount is quite moderate to help you stack up through the different market conditions.

Barikui1

Activity: 294
Merit: 231

View Profile
August 07, 2024, 07:34:55 AM
Last edit: August 07, 2024, 06:39:21 PM by Barikui1

No need to complain whether be it a new investor or an experienced investor, bitcoin investment is all about staying patient. It's better to view every moment that presents itself in our  bitcoin investment as an opportunity to grow our investments for more and higher profits because bitcoin always was come through despite its decline in price. Experienced investors can apply their knowledge during price drop to accumulate more Bitcoin at low price because its better to purchase bitcoin when the price is down in other to capitalise on the potential profit when the price rises again.  In moment when there is a sudden decline its important to engage in critical thinking, by seizing market fluctuation opportunities that is present and having the faith or the belief of more profit when the the price goes up.

The fact that we are not certain about Bitcoin shouldn't make us have the feeling that Bitcoin will Dip and never rise again, before now we all already know  that Bitcoin is volatile  and one thing I want us to know is that, the volatility of Bitcoin doesn't know or have limit that is why anything is possible it can get to $100k and above today and it can also go below $30k today so we shouldn't be dismayed. What makes people great is being positive at all time and seeing beyond what is happening around.
Apparently it's not only newbies investors that does that, most times even veterans investors feels that fear in them when their is a strong dip in the market and in their wallet, they were having like $10k and it has drop to like 6k to 7k, sometimes, they will most feel that fear, but what will mostly makes them to hold on is the believe and trust they have in Bitcoin, some might panic and still hold on, some might not panic at all, but the majority of those people that sold in panic are those newbies investors, not that they don't know that Bitcoin can still rally back, but because they were monitoring their holdings too much like trades and every news about Bitcoin, without considering the fact that their are more negative news by haters about Bitcoin than positive ones out there.

So in essence is that the major thing that will make an investor to scale through in the rainy days and hold very strong just as this present dip is when he or she believes in Bitcoin, and it potential in the nearest future, without entertaining what is actually happening now in today's market.

Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: