Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:38:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 112 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]BitcoinPlus (XBC) / MANDATORY WALLET UPDATE / BIT-ADOPTION!  (Read 169666 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
griffitsj

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 06:07:23 AM

Ok call me an idiot but I bought some as well.  I vote for destroying the coins.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
XBCplus (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 06:51:50 AM

UPDATE

As my commitment to XBC I am trying to produce a number of updates per day. Please be aware I have received A LOT of messages. I promise to get through them all shortly. As you are all aware I have a busy personal life that I am trying to cut down. This is in order to make BitcoinPlus a huge success.

I hope I haven't missed any questions but the general consensus is now to destroy the coins. Therefore I have reflected this in the OP. We will have a formal vote once the committee is established. My only concern is having no XBC for promotion (for example; I want to give qiwoman some XBC for an XBC article and a small giveaway as well as a number of other members who want to do facebook and forum promotion) but it is entirely on the direction that the community wants to take.

I have briefly created a section in the ANN on some of the powers committee members will possess and the requirements for membership. Ultimately, they will have a lot more influence on XBC's future as they have more to lose than your general bitcointalk voter who may not even own XBC. Please let me know if I have missed your name or I have listed your name by mistake.

Thanks everyone.

Kreativekrypto

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:12:04 AM

Looking good, for the poll I feel we should add options that reflect percentages of coins saved for promotions and infrastructure. I do agree as stated with destroying most of the coins but it would be helpful to save enough (maybe 5-10%) for the betterment of the future projects.

Especially when it comes time to add features like the ANN states that bitcoin hasn't..colored coins etc.
We will need to pay good devs to implement these features to XBC. Hopefully XBC hits bitcoin parity again and that will attract promising developers who are willing to put the time in that we'll need to make those changes.

The block explorer is going to be done soon?
eryn075

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:43:41 AM

indeed, 10% is ok with me.
show_off

Activity: 52

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 08:39:58 AM

So few coins, price should be high
ownerbest

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 08:52:36 AM

UPDATE

As my commitment to XBC I am trying to produce a number of updates per day. Please be aware I have received A LOT of messages. I promise to get through them all shortly. As you are all aware I have a busy personal life that I am trying to cut down. This is in order to make BitcoinPlus a huge success.

I hope I haven't missed any questions but the general consensus is now to destroy the coins. Therefore I have reflected this in the OP. We will have a formal vote once the committee is established. My only concern is having no XBC for promotion (for example; I want to give qiwoman some XBC for an XBC article and a small giveaway as well as a number of other members who want to do facebook and forum promotion) but it is entirely on the direction that the community wants to take.

I have briefly created a section in the ANN on some of the powers committee members will possess and the requirements for membership. Ultimately, they will have a lot more influence on XBC's future as they have more to lose than your general bitcointalk voter who may not even own XBC. Please let me know if I have missed your name or I have listed your name by mistake.

Thanks everyone.

I think you can keep some for promotion, and destroy the rest. Maybe you can setup a vote to decide how much should be kept for promotion, let the community members decide that.

QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | QM8Q7itiFjs9b2QaXgDuedT8cfX5qaYeqC
MOON_2000

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 09:27:21 AM

Ah what the hell, bought in.

I would like to be a part of this committee you're looking to form.

Credentials: I'm an Accounting CPA/CFE, I have a very extensive history doing freelance writing specifically with regard to market research. I also have an IQ of 147 and my favorite nebula is Horse Head <3. I don't like long walks on the beach, and I spend countless hours a day on bitcointalk.

Aside from that. We need to get in contact with mintpal and I think we all would appreciate it if you used the IPO funds to get it on. It's sad but thats how you get noticed. Get it on mintpal, people will come to the thread and read up on the coin. Which is why I had said before, this thread needs more activity.

We need a whitesheet writeup, the blockchain explorer. We need a plan, and we need to be discussing. I understand lead dev has a fulltime job but we all do and you decided to start this project! We can't leave this thread sitting at 7 pages of nothing!

We need a twitter, a facebook, a 24/7 IRC channel and people representing this coin in the IRC channel and on these boards (especially if dev isn't always going to be available).

We do the above and everybody profits, guaranteed.

edit: since this is a POS coin, don't forget that multipools are all the rage. We could probably get in touch with @hashcows to set us up.

I support your efforts and support you to be on the committee.
JimPeopleburger

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 11:52:26 AM

The lack of support on this coin is a bit bothersome, but I was still intrigued enough to buy in. Its nice to see your presence on this forum and you seem to be open and receptive. Please continue this and we can have a solid coin. As a collector of scarce/rare coins I say burn burn burn!
XBCplus (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:03:29 PM

I'm going to get a few projects running at the same time to speed up development. 50 XBC to anyone who successfully recommends a member on bitcointalk who can create a multipool. Successful, meaning that I use their referral.

You should expect the following projects completed over the coming two weeks.

- block explorer
- new wallet design
- wallet update
- multipool
SeriousCoins14

Activity: 154

Coinoholic

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:56:42 PM

Credentials: I'm an Accounting CPA/CFE

Really? You're very rare in that case Cheesy

What's so rare about a boring accountant? I'm waiting to strike it rich coining and never look back haha

XBC BTUCL6SoNCMYmvmY7tJ33EdtdvyNL4wdhr
Kreativekrypto

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:06:29 PM

What's so rare about a boring accountant? I'm waiting to strike it rich coining and never look back haha

Haha you and I both on that note Smiley.

Xbcplus could we add Mintpal buy in on that list of things to do? Mintpal is currently home to some big whales, and XBC is obviously not a cheap coin. We should follow the money on this one.
evi_stale

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:11:23 PM

Isn't there a giveaway?
SeriousCoins14

Coinoholic

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:17:49 PM

Haha you and I both on that note Smiley.

Xbcplus could we add Mintpal buy in on that list of things to do? Mintpal is currently home to some big whales, and XBC is obviously not a cheap coin. We should follow the money on this one.

I just sent an email to mintpal support, It should end up on the voting list soon.. I'll write cryptsy as well

Kreativekrypto

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:19:15 PM

Isn't there a giveaway?

Qibucks is doing a possible giveaway after we all vote on the coin destruction topic ect.
SeriousCoins14

Coinoholic

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:33:07 PM

I'm going to get a few projects running at the same time to speed up development. 50 XBC to anyone who successfully recommends a member on bitcointalk who can create a multipool. Successful, meaning that I use their referral.

You should expect the following projects completed over the coming two weeks.

- block explorer
- new wallet design
- wallet update
- multipool

I'm reaching out to the hashcows guys at hashco.ws to see if I can get them to add a payout option in XBC on their multipool, should be a great start if we can get it on there.

Please contact user nearmiss to work out any details
this is the thread for the hashcows pool https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=293872.0

merk475

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:35:09 PM

XBCplus.....PM sent about joining the committee.  I own over 1% of the coin.
Acidyo

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:38:21 PM

XBCplus =  NWO  Huh?

Makes sense unless NWO has uber deep pockets and does not care to throw away BTC

I put 2 BTC into most coin IPO's. If it turns out to be a scam/ flops, I find the successful launches more than make up for it. For example counterparty, exocoin etc have been winners, Whereas I've had flops such as rotocoin recently... All part of the game  Grin

Of course I do my due diligence. The OP more seems to have a communication problem than anything since it took a few days for a reply... Not saying this is legit, I just don't want to miss out if it is  Wink

I put 1.5 btc into Edgecoin, the first coin I decided to invest in... never again.
merk475

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:43:12 PM

I vote for burning the extra coins, it will help the community.  Also, I definitely vote to never simply GIVE away coins as promotions to people, we don't have any to spare.  If we want to be on mintpal and buy that I would not be against it. However, I am strongly against giving any coins away to people. Everyone here today had to pay in some way or another. No free lunch here.

I kind of disagree with the "GIVE AWAY" statement.  If the vote to destroy the extra coins is accepted, that leaves very few coins on the market.  For those that didn't get into the IPO, if we do giveaways of 0.1 (or 0.15, 0.2, 0.25), it helps get more people involved/interested.  Maybe there are crypto traders out there that don't use the exchanges at all?  Maybe a giveaway like this will push them to exchanges to try and acquire more?  I know I did a lot of trading and buying of cryptos off exchanges until I found the 1 coin that I really wanted to go after.  It pushed me towards the exchanges so I could pick them up at a better price and more frequently.  Now that's the only way I trade.

SeriousCoins14

Coinoholic

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:47:10 PM

I vote for burning the extra coins, it will help the community.  Also, I definitely vote to never simply GIVE away coins as promotions to people, we don't have any to spare.  If we want to be on mintpal and buy that I would not be against it. However, I am strongly against giving any coins away to people. Everyone here today had to pay in some way or another. No free lunch here.

I kind of disagree with the "GIVE AWAY" statement.  If the vote to destroy the extra coins is accepted, that leaves very few coins on the market.  For those that didn't get into the IPO, if we do giveaways of 0.1 (or 0.15, 0.2, 0.25), it helps get more people involved/interested.  Maybe there are crypto traders out there that don't use the exchanges at all?  Maybe a giveaway like this will push them to exchanges to try and acquire more?  I know I did a lot of trading and buying of cryptos off exchanges until I found the 1 coin that I really wanted to go after.  It pushed me towards the exchanges so I could pick them up at a better price and more frequently.  Now that's the only way I trade.

I agree, we can still do give aways. I think he is just under the impression that we would be giving out thousands when there aren't many coins available.

SeriousCoins14

Coinoholic

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:52:37 PM

Some updates..

I sent emails to Mintpal and Cryptsy support hyping up the coin a bit and directing them to this forum to have us added for voting and I'm looking around for people capable of helping us set up a multipool.

I'll be adding a cryptsy freshdesk post shortly.

I really think the entire OP needs to be rewritten, and we need a few more graphics as well. Also, what's the word on the block chain explorer and main website? And dev needs to decide what he wants to do about social media; give me the word and I'll set up shop on twitter, facebook, IRC, and get reddit going as well.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 112 »
  Print  

Jump to: