Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:59:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 112 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]BitcoinPlus (XBC) / MANDATORY WALLET UPDATE / BIT-ADOPTION!  (Read 169666 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ezvm

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 12:57:48 AM

Nice, I didn't realize XBC was added by coinmarketcap.com, Congrats!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lucienlu

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 12:59:22 AM

I noticed XBC got added to CMC finally but they put 100k coins, not 50k!

Not sure how to contact them to get that changed, anyone else able to?

Get Daily Free SIGNs before too late.T4gejMMptw2hAf4Zi1BbD4ZtvJDEqeGXE8
Click here-enjoy-Pirate-coin: Pw2t7Ly1uFCjGiZrKhYeXWJnxfp6ttcC6g
3ACoin -IPO-FREE-POS 10%-Web Games.
jiapetz

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 01:32:10 AM

I believe there are members working on contacting gliss to fix it.

Thanks tho! Expect the changes to come very soon.
SeriousCoins14

Activity: 154

Coinoholic

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 01:59:27 AM

Coinmarketcap reads that information from our block chain, I destroyed the pre-mine wallet to a faulty address last night but it will still show 100k coins unless we can figure out how to fork the address out. Also there are ~55k total in the market, check my post from last night.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=549485.msg6503627#msg6503627 a little wordy but should make sense. The coins still exist, but nobody can touch them - ever.

XBC BTUCL6SoNCMYmvmY7tJ33EdtdvyNL4wdhr
MOON_2000

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 02:33:31 AM

https://i.imgur.com/edrvVa9.png

I put together an idea for a vector logo for XBC, wanted to get the community's opinion on it and if you all like it I can release the svg/ai file.

Of course XBC donations are accepted  Grin

like the idea and concept. Feels very familiar and clean, nothing too fancy or cluttery.

What is the status of this?  Could someone please provide a status update on this logo?
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 02:40:52 AM

I put together an idea for a vector logo for XBC, wanted to get the community's opinion on it and if you all like it I can release the svg/ai file.

Of course XBC donations are accepted  Grin

like the idea and concept. Feels very familiar and clean, nothing too fancy or cluttery.

What is the status of this?  Could someone please provide a status update on this logo?

Well I posted the .svg file a few pages back, maybe it should be brought to a vote? Of course anyone is welcome to edit it if they like.
YoyodyneSystems
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:17:49 AM

Coinmarketcap reads that information from our block chain, I destroyed the pre-mine wallet to a faulty address last night but it will still show 100k coins unless we can figure out how to fork the address out. Also there are ~55k total in the market, check my post from last night.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=549485.msg6503627#msg6503627 a little wordy but should make sense. The coins still exist, but nobody can touch them - ever.

You should fork them out with the next wallet update if that is feasible.
aragoon

Activity: 295

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:44:10 AM

The coin should not have gone to CMC until those destroyed coins had been deducted from the displayed total cap. An obviously big issue that slipped through and could cast doubt when the numbers change.
Link from CMC to XBC web page doesn't work. The page is advertising WordPress.
Bad move. Better to have prepared the full package first. (Coin destroy, total cap, ritual fun video, CMC with working web page and the new wallet.)
Very worrying to have a link that doesn't link. Erodes confidence. Investors much twitchy are.
I thought it was agreed to wait first.
Please ignore pressure from impatient traders et al.

So much has been done so well so far. It's a shame to spoil the ship for a pennyworth of tar. It's a rush but don't rush it.

All meant to be positive feedback. I'm a huge supporter of this coin and its devs. I'm in up to the proverbials.  Grin
kidyubyub

Activity: 440

http://taas.fund

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 04:04:49 AM

Alas, it was all a dream! HashCows showed me with a total of 21k XBC. lol

I could only wish.

██████████████     ██████████████     ██████████████     ██████████████
███████████
███     ██████████████     ██████████████     ██████████████
███
███████████     ██████████████     ██████████████     ██████████████
███
███████████     ██████████████     ██████████████     ██████████████
██████████████     ███████████
███     ██████████████     ██████████████
██████████████     ███████████
███     ██████████████     ██████████████

T O K E N  -  A S  -  A  -  S E R V I C E

████
████
████
████
██ ░ ██
██ ░ ██
██ ░ ██
████
████
████
████

████
████
████
████
██ ░ ██
██ ░ ██
██ ░ ██
████
████
████
████
YoyodyneSystems
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 04:46:55 AM

The coin should not have gone to CMC until those destroyed coins had been deducted from the displayed total cap. An obviously big issue that slipped through and could cast doubt when the numbers change.
Bad move. Better to have prepared the full package first. (Coin destroy, total cap, ritual fun video, CMC with working web page and the new wallet.)
Very worrying to have a link that doesn't link. Erodes confidence. Investors much twitchy are.

So much has been done so well so far. It's a shame to spoil the ship for a pennyworth of tar. It's a rush but don't rush it.

All meant to be positive feedback. I'm a huge supporter of this coin and its devs. I'm in up to the proverbials.  Grin

Don't worry. We know what the real market cap is ;P

55,350 x 0.008 BTC = 442.8 BTC = $191,289

So much room to grow.

I know the dev and team will get the numbers on CMC fixed as well.
Gliss at CMC can change it anytime it's ready.

Another option is to make a separate page from the explorer that takes out the coins that are dead.
That can be used for CMC's purposes as well. It does not have to be the explorer that is used.
I have seen this done. CMC just needs a page of any kind that shows actual coins updated live. It does
not matter what form this information comes in. As long as it is accurate and live.

SeriousCoins14

Coinoholic

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 05:54:32 AM

All meant to be positive feedback. I'm a huge supporter of this coin and its devs. I'm in up to the proverbials.  Grin

Don't worry. We know what the real market cap is ;P

55,350 x 0.008 BTC = 442.8 BTC = $191,289

So much room to grow.

I know the dev and team will get the numbers on CMC fixed as well.
Gliss at CMC can change it anytime it's ready.

Another option is to make a separate page from the explorer that takes out the coins that are dead.
That can be used for CMC's purposes as well. It does not have to be the explorer that is used.
I have seen this done. CMC just needs a page of any kind that shows actual coins updated live. It does
not matter what form this information comes in. As long as it is accurate and live.

I like this idea a lot, I'm going to forward this to Unick and see what he thinks. Aragoon I hear you, I didn't even realize CMC added us until I saw this, we are working very hard and I expect everything will be tip top before you know it. There was a coming soon splash on the website, I'll ask them to put it back up.

bitcoin_mafia and a few folks are working hard on the website for us.

Aside from that I'm rolling out the new wallet later today, we have a source completed which I have passed on to another respected dev for fine tuning. Once he gives the green light we'll have our wallet - this was my top priority for the past day. After all this is done I'm going to need a good night of sleep  Grin .. Then we can kick it in overdrive and start bringing out the goodies. I have a lot in mind.

I added a few suggestions for bounties in the OP and put up an address for xbc donations. We're up to 70, I think it would be great if everybody gathered on IRC and came up with ideas for bounties to use it on. I for one think we need more graphic arts, some games, and PR campaigning to start. From there we can move into our bigger projects.

It was a very busy week for us all but I'm noticing the community is growing and more people are taking initiative to do little things for us which is greatly appreciated across the board.

If anybody has any cool ideas moving forward - Post them up! The necessities are almost out of the way, now we can start building value.

aragoon

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 05:58:54 AM

It's like we are at, or near, the point at which we have critical mass and the thing begins to tilt from being an interest of techs,devs, philosophers, founders, traders and big VCs and becomes an every day thing. All crypto needs to get there. Without users it's doomed. Right now, the average potential user has no idea whatsoever about .conf files, QT updates etc etc and doesn't want to know. I've been put off so many times by the tech requirements of getting started. Until I found Electrum etc etc as alternatives. ( I have no financial interest in Electrum or any other btw)
I got stuck in a foreign country with no cash and no credit cards once but had a stash of BTC on a Multibit. Imagine how good it felt to be up against emergency time limits and to discover I had 1 conf only after an hour and something about "resetting the blockchain"!!!! Sheer panic. I fixed it but it almost put me on a gurney.  Shocked
For the average person with hard earned cash, putting it into a QT wallet is a nightmare never mind putting it into a new coin. Of course people are nervous. The big guys with vested interests in fiat are hell bent on scaring people. We don't want them to win.
So, my last post was trying to say that even the slightest glitch can put off newcomers and even experienced investors, compounding fear and distrust. Coin devs may understand why things are the way they are but Joe public doesn't. Many glitches can be avoided if we calm down and not rush at it. We want this coin to be a huge success. We want all crypto to be trusted. If people see numbers changing and no web page and no wallet, what are they to conclude given recent history and headlines? They need constant, repeated reassurance. They need WYSIWYG.

I've stuck my neck out to invest in this coin. I've been into crypto for over a year. I just happened to stumble upon the XBC IPO. Such lucky. Grin
Normally, if I come accross a new coin on CMC, if it has no web page and/or no wallet, strange numbers, I walk. So many others to choose from.

But that's just my opinion.
Good luck with this great coin guys. It has a real chance as long as greed is fairly distributed !!! Grin
egghead123
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 06:11:58 AM
Last edit: October 25, 2016, 12:18:42 PM by egghead123

It's like we are at, or near, the point at which we have critical mass and the thing begins to tilt from being an interest of techs,devs, philosophers, founders, traders and big VCs and becomes an every day thing. All crypto needs to get there. Without users it's doomed. Right now, the average potential user has no idea whatsoever about .conf files, QT updates etc etc and doesn't want to know. I've been put off so many times by the tech requirements of getting started. Until I found Electrum etc etc as alternatives. ( I have no financial interest in Electrum or any other btw)
I got stuck in a foreign country with no cash and no credit cards once but had a stash of BTC on a Multibit. Imagine how good it felt to be up against emergency time limits and to discover I had 1 conf only after an hour and something about "resetting the blockchain"!!!! Sheer panic. I fixed it but it almost put me on a gurney.  Shocked
For the average person with hard earned cash, putting it into a QT wallet is a nightmare never mind putting it into a new coin. Of course people are nervous. The big guys with vested interests in fiat are hell bent on scaring people. We don't want them to win.
So, my last post was trying to say that even the slightest glitch can put off newcomers and even experienced investors, compounding fear and distrust. Coin devs may understand why things are the way they are but Joe public doesn't. Many glitches can be avoided if we calm down and not rush at it. We want this coin to be a huge success. We want all crypto to be trusted. If people see numbers changing and no web page and no wallet, what are they to conclude given recent history and headlines? They need constant, repeated reassurance. They need WYSIWYG.

I've stuck my neck out to invest in this coin. I've been into crypto for over a year. I just happened to stumble upon the XBC IPO. Such lucky. Grin
Normally, if I come accross a new coin on CMC, if it has no web page and/or no wallet, strange numbers, I walk. So many others to choose from.

But that's just my opinion.
Good luck with this great coin guys. It has a real chance as long as greed is fairly distributed !!! Grin

I think that if the majority of poloniex trolls trust and back it then it may get some trading on poloniex but that is until the next big thang arrives and the price drops back to IPO and below and stays there.

What development is going on apart from all this talk and no action regarding bit adoption and mobile wallets.There are no pulls on the github btw.
aragoon

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 06:53:18 AM

+1000

Let's protect it and give it a good start in life before it has to face the wolves. Tough world out there.  Go XBC..... Grin
Kreativekrypto

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 06:54:09 AM

I'm happy for our time on poloniex but the sooner we get the wallet upgraded and on mintpal the better. We need two major sites to trade on so if one goes down we still have a means to buy XBC.
CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 06:58:41 AM

Poloniex was dossed because of the XBC panic buy?

Yeah. If you guys saw a panic buy because of the CMC listing I bet that was it. I was not on Polo at the time it went down.
The XBC block explorer seems to be DDOSed also or having a speed issue with the Rich list.

So I guess that is a good sign for value of XBC but annoying for Polo and XBC to deal with the DDOS.

It could totally be something else but the CMC listing was just hours ago right? Like 2-3 hours ago?
Same time as Polo going down. That would also give a DDOSer the time to move BTC in to buy coins
as an added effect but that is pure speculation of course.

Seen this before with other coins.

WOW this is a good sign if we are being ddossed all over the place, XBC is a force to be reckoned with. You won't see me doing a noob panic sell once POLO opens..I will probably need to upload more btc!! Nice to see more of the Community here and the IRC is packed daily..also hello to Armin too!! Smiley

You find this to be reassuring!

I think "terrifying" is a better word for it! One thing is certain, the early adopters of this coin took huge risks and that makes the distribution very fair. While I just bought coins on Poloniex at the going rate, and got to go through some scary times, buying in the IPO had to be even more nerve-racking. Much easier to wait until later, about now, and then buy in after the excess coins have been safely destroyed and such. Now, if only Poly would come back online soon. Smiley ... #15 on volume and we can't even trade! Can't wait till we can, heh..

aragoon

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 07:16:57 AM

Smiley Agree with you as long as we make sure everything works "well enough" and the promotional / proof material about the coin destruction is out before getting on MintPal.
It's going to be hard enough to reassure folks that the coins are irretrievably dead and gone. That will be a big issue. These days trust is the number one thing. We have to earn it. Arriving on any exchange with strange XBC numbers on CMC, no wallet or inaccessible proofs of coin destruction will, IMHO, damage if not kill the coin. Don't make it easy for the trolls.
What's the rush? If it means a better result, why not give it and the devs a bit of breathing space?  Wink
SeriousCoins14

Coinoholic

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 07:27:46 AM

Smiley Agree with you as long as we make sure everything works "well enough" and the promotional / proof material about the coin destruction is out before getting on MintPal.
It's going to be hard enough to reassure folks that the coins are irretrievably dead and gone. That will be a big issue. These days trust is the number one thing. We have to earn it. Arriving on any exchange with strange XBC numbers on CMC, no wallet or inaccessible proofs of coin destruction will, IMHO, damage if not kill the coin. Don't make it easy for the trolls.
What's the rush? If it means a better result, why not give it and the devs a bit of breathing space?  Wink

We can reassure folks with 100% certainty beyond any doubt in a multiverse full of universes containing earths mining bitcoins that the coins are dead gone and buried. I posted the link to our proof in the OP, any developer/code savvy user will vouch that the coins are history.

Also, it took our good friend unick only 10 minutes to turn around and give me an api that removes the coins.. I already sent a message over to gliss from coinmarketcap. He should be able to use that to fix the total supply. so concerns with CMC should be fixed. If anybody asks what happened to the extra coins, just point him to the post I left in the OP - Novacoin used the same procedure and had zero issues.

CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 07:44:51 AM

What's the rush? If it means a better result, why not give it and the devs a bit of breathing space?  Wink

We can reassure folks with 100% certainty beyond any doubt in a multiverse full of universes containing earths mining bitcoins that the coins are dead gone and buried. I posted the link to our proof in the OP, any developer/code savvy user will vouch that the coins are history.

Also, it took our good friend unick only 10 minutes to turn around and give me an api that removes the coins.. I already sent a message over to gliss from coinmarketcap. He should be able to use that to fix the total supply. so concerns with CMC should be fixed. If anybody asks what happened to the extra coins, just point him to the post I left in the OP - Novacoin used the same procedure and had zero issues.

Yes, there is no doubt the extra coins are 100% destroyed. That is the wonderful thing about open source technology, easily verifiable. Seriouscoin has earned a lot of respect from me - but of course buying in early was scary, just mentioning that as to me that makes the distribution extremely fair. Early adopters gained more, and the ones that got in before me did even better, but they took the biggest risks and deserve the biggest rewards. Should go *way* higher too!

Armis

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 07:45:32 AM

did you guys kill polonex?

I know upto now you are their cash-cow
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 112 »
  Print  

Jump to: