Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 09:26:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 [298] 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 ... 676 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NA  (Read 893544 times)
itsAj

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 09:13:41 AM

Will there be more merchants added? I think this is where guldencoin shines.
Frais

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 09:19:57 AM

I would suggest the person who put the sell wall at 666 to lower it to 575 to keep things stable, always when the price goes up I get scared because you never know if that value can hold if our algorithm can be abused by multipools.

I think that wall will stay there for some time.

The wall is totally gone  Smiley
WaterLooDown
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 09:24:07 AM

Will there be more merchants added? I think this is where guldencoin shines.

Welcome itsAj,

Merchants are coming in at random times and are mostly coming to us now which is great as word of mouth about Guldencoin starts to spread. We would like to have 75 by the time the year ends but we will see how things play out. Currently we at 60 places that will accept Guldencoin. Whether it be merchants,freelancers,people for hire etc.

We will also have a few community projects that will be coming to completion this year according to the posts I have seen on here and that is besides the work the team is doing.

Let us know if you have anymore questions and please join us on the http://guldencoinforum.com if you want to get involved in more discussions. We have a Dutch and English section.

https://developer.gulden.com/blog/ - For the latest Gulden development updates
bram_vnl
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 10:52:19 AM

http://www.hetverschiltussen.nl/wat-is-het-verschil-tussen-de-bitcoin-en-guldencoin/
ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 03:19:02 PM

Guldencoin, the coin that just keeps on giving but this comes with a warning.

We need to keep the prices low until the algorithm change takes place otherwise clevermining will start dominating the network again, prices don't need to be pushed up because guldencoin value is increasing due to bitcoin prices rising again. I would suggest the person who put the sell wall at 666 to lower it to 575 to keep things stable, always when the price goes up I get scared because you never know if that value can hold if our algorithm can be abused by multipools. Keep Guldencoin trading in the 400s and let bitcoin increase the coins fiat value. It's a win for everyone.

Price manipulation is never the way to handle things.  Too many variables and outside influence.  Price should come naturally.

I bring up IP blocking, and all of a sudden clever's hashrate goes back up a bit.  Does anyone else take that as a figurative "fuck you" to Guldencoin?  I feel like I'm the only one that is pissed that clever thumbs their nose at us.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
investeerder

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 03:34:37 PM

Guldencoin, the coin that just keeps on giving but this comes with a warning.

We need to keep the prices low until the algorithm change takes place otherwise clevermining will start dominating the network again, prices don't need to be pushed up because guldencoin value is increasing due to bitcoin prices rising again. I would suggest the person who put the sell wall at 666 to lower it to 575 to keep things stable, always when the price goes up I get scared because you never know if that value can hold if our algorithm can be abused by multipools. Keep Guldencoin trading in the 400s and let bitcoin increase the coins fiat value. It's a win for everyone.

Price manipulation is never the way to handle things.  Too many variables and outside influence.  Price should come naturally.

I bring up IP blocking, and all of a sudden clever's hashrate goes back up a bit.  Does anyone else take that as a figurative "fuck you" to Guldencoin?  I feel like I'm the only one that is pissed that clever thumbs their nose at us.

-Fuse

BTC price has gone up so made NLG more valuable, currency is almost top 50 now and over $310k USD marketcap. The bad news is the more valuable we get the more clevermining will dominate, this is another reason why I am pushing for the algorithm change.

BITWIN.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████
Meije

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 04:35:12 PM

Unfortunately there is not much we can do about clevermining, even with the new algorithm, they are still going to be dominating NLG in the near future, there is no simple solution for this. Unfortunately what i have noticed is that more and more miners are concentrated on making only profit, instead of supporting a new coin like Guldencoin. The same example is with cloud-mining, almost all of them offer only to mine BTC or LTC. The more successful NLG will be, the more sharks will start to appear. Fortunately the new algorithm will brig stability to the Network, but with the hashrate clevermining is putting on NLG, most of the coins will still be "stolen" for what they are not meant for. NLG is a currency for the Dutch, not for foreign speculation and dumping, what happens is the Netherlands stays in the Netherlands. We have many foreign community members supporting the coin because they see the potential of the coin in this country, and not for making a quick profit.  I am against IP banning because it brings centralization, but if this keeps going on, allot of the NLG will be eaten up by clevermining and never to be seen again in the Netherlands. I am against the idea of changing the Algorithm to a CPU only one, because mining is to difficult for most people, just forget the idea that people will mine with their CPU, IS IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!. I have said it in the past, but the best way to beat fire, is with fire. i have heard that there are community members that rent hashing power to keep the hashes up against clevermining, unfortunately they cannot keep this up, the only way to stop this is to decimate clevermining with hashing power( fire with fire). Why not instead of spending all these Bitcoins on renting hashrate, which is a temporary fix, start our own NLG cloud-ming!!. We have done crowdfunding in the past, why not again for this?, this will be a lasting solution to kick clevermining in the nuts!. One very important thing to realize here is that clevermining will not the the last one to turn hashrate at NLG, every day that passes by, and NLG gets more popular, it's just a matter of time before other mining company's start to behave like clevermining towards NLG, and then what!?,The community does not have the funding to combat it when this happens!, why not kill the seed before it gets the chance to grow!. Most foreign people are not going to buy stuff with NLG in the Netherlands!, they are going to sell them for BTC and then buy some stuff with it in the US for example, or sell the NLG for euro, we cannot let the NLG fall into the hands of foreign people before they fall into the hands of the Dutch, that's why a Dutch cloud-mining service for Dutch only is essential to keep most of the coins in this country. Or else they are going to sell our coin to us for stupid high prices and laughing their buts off, it will be like China printing euros and selling them to Europe.
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 04:36:00 PM

Unfortunately there is not much we can do about clevermining, even with the new algorithm, they are still going to be dominating NLG in the near future, there is no simple solution for this. Unfortunately what i have noticed is that more and more miners are concentrated on making only profit, instead of supporting a new coin like Guldencoin. The same example is with cloud-mining, almost all of them offer only to mine BTC or LTC. The more successful NLG will be, the more sharks will start to appear. Fortunately the new algorithm will brig stability to the Network, but with the hashrate clevermining is putting on NLG, most of the coins will still be "stolen" for what they are not meant for. NLG is a currency for the Dutch, not for foreign speculation and dumping, what happens is the Netherlands stays in the Netherlands. We have many foreign community members supporting the coin because they see the potential of the coin in this country, and not for making a quick profit.  I am against IP banning because it brings centralization, but if this keeps going on, allot of the NLG will be eaten up by clevermining and never to be seen again in the Netherlands. I am against the idea of changing the Algorithm to a CPU only one, because mining is to difficult for most people, just forget the idea that people will mine with their CPU, IS IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!. I have said it in the past, but the best way to beat fire, is with fire. i have heard that there are community members that rent hashing power to keep the hashes up against clevermining, unfortunately they cannot keep this up, the only way to stop this is to decimate clevermining with hashing power( fire with fire). Why not instead of spending all these Bitcoins on renting hashrate, which is a temporary fix, start our own NLG cloud-ming!!. We have done crowdfunding in the past, why not again for this?, this will be a lasting solution to kick clevermining in the nuts!. One very important thing to realize here is that clevermining will not the the last one to turn hashrate at NLG, every day that passes by, and NLG gets more popular, it's just a matter of time before other mining company's start to behave like clevermining towards NLG, and then what!?,The community does not have the funding to combat it when this happens!, why not kill the seed before it gets the chance to grow!. Most foreign people are not going to buy stuff with NLG in the Netherlands!, they are going to sell them for BTC and then buy some stuff with it in the US for example, or sell the NLG for euro, we cannot let the NLG fall into the hands of foreign people before they fall into the hands of the Dutch, that's why a Dutch cloud-mining service for Dutch only is essential to keep most of the coins in this country. Or else they are going to sell our coin to us for stupid high prices and laughing their buts off, it will be like China printing euros and selling them to Europe.
ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 05:18:00 PM

A few points:

I completely agree with no CPU mining.  It's a silly idea that I've bitten my tongue trying not to comment on.  I'll leave it at that.

I agree that people can't keep spending the money to mine NLG.  So why is cloud-mining a solution to that problem?  Essentially they're still spending money to mine NLG, right?  I like the idea, but it's 6 of one half-dozen of another.

IP banning multi-pools is not centralizing.  Multi-pools are centralizing.  Clever is definitely centralizing this coin.  IMO, the IP ban and subsequent algorithm change is the only way to combat this cancer.  You know how many coins I've mined in the last 2 years that have been targeted by multi-pools?  Enough that I can't count them.  The one thing in common with all the coins is the fact that people absolutely hated what the multi-pools did to the coins.  Why not use that to our advantage as a selling point.  "We actively monitor the network and make sure that multi-pools don't have a place on our chain".  You know how many people would get behind that just because they hate multi-pools?

IP banning Clever isn't centralizing NLG.  It's ridding NLG of the cancer that has plagued us for months now.  I don't know if anyone keeps track, but clever has mined 33,813,063 NLG to date.  All of that was insta-sold.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
Meije

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 05:51:03 PM

ny2cafuse, spending money on mining is not the problem, what the problem is that the effort that people are making now to keep the hashes up is not sustainable for the long run, If we were to make a Dutch NLG cloud mining service that would be easy to use for Dutch citizens, i am sure that more people are going to mine NLG in the Netherlands, which will dwarf the multiplools. Normal Dutch citizens are not going to buy regular mining hardware, this leaves the community and these big multipools for mining, which is bad because the multipool will win, this will not be the case if 1 in every 1000 Dutch people would buy a 1MH/s contract to mine NLG for 1 year. I am no expert, but other people stated that IP banning is ineffective due to the use of a proxy, i do not like the idea because it gives people a feeling that there is someone behind Guldencoin pulling the ropes, but if the community wants it, i am fine with that, as long as the problem gets fixed. Maybe a temporarily IP baning will be viable until they get the message, but you know as well as i do, that if they want to hurt us even more, they can!.
Buerra
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 06:05:56 PM

I recommend we do not ban, but look into getting more users to mine and if that's possible with cloud mining for example. That sounds like two birds one stone. A much better solution then banning an IP.
SuicidalTendencies

Activity: 142

Crowdsale: Saturday, Aug 12, 2017

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 06:10:36 PM

Now that bitcoin price is on the rise guldencoin might benefit hugely from more investment coming into cryptos just because this coin has so much going for it already!

Meije

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 06:13:48 PM

Also lets not forget that hardware miners are getting more difficult to get because zeusminer and other leading company have stopped selling them.
xtrix

Activity: 170

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 06:25:07 PM

Is it not possible to ban high volumes? When it is possible to recognize an address that calculates more than xx% of the blocks in a specified time span, block that IP for a period of time before it may receive a new block. Is this an option?

Also started to rent a rig for a few days  Tongue

Frais

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 06:27:34 PM

The normal users are already familiar with using the Guldencoin wallet. Why not using those wallets to provide some more steady hashing power to the network. Users can choose in their wallets how much power they want to contribute (this option is already there), and for every full day that they leave their wallet open and contribute to the network they receive a little NLG reward. In this way they don't have to do technical stuff and it feels like they receiving NLG for free.

In my surroundings most of the people are interested in NLG (specially free NLG) but don't want to learn about the technical mining part.
Buerra
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 06:32:04 PM

The normal users are already familiar with using the Guldencoin wallet. Why not using those wallets to provide some more steady hashing power to the network. Users can choose in their wallets how much power they want to contribute (this option is already there), and for every full day that they leave their wallet open and contribute to the network they receive a little NLG reward. In this way they don't have to do technical stuff and it feels like they receiving NLG for free.

In my surroundings most of the people are interested in NLG (specially free NLG) but don't want to learn about the technical mining part.

You mean like this? http://www.projectgulden.nl/92/rekenkracht-bijdragen-aan-het-guldencoin-netwerk/ but standard and with an easy UI or something?
Frais

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 06:38:00 PM

You mean like this? http://www.projectgulden.nl/92/rekenkracht-bijdragen-aan-het-guldencoin-netwerk/ but standard and with an easy UI or something?

Yes, I think it's an easy way to get the normal users more involved. Especially when they receive a small reward for only leaving a wallet open.
ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 06:43:09 PM

ny2cafuse, spending money on mining is not the problem, what the problem is that the effort that people are making now to keep the hashes up is not sustainable for the long run, If we were to make a Dutch NLG cloud mining service that would be easy to use for Dutch citizens, i am sure that more people are going to mine NLG in the Netherlands, which will dwarf the multiplools. Normal Dutch citizens are not going to buy regular mining hardware, this leaves the community and these big multipools for mining, which is bad because the multipool will win, this will not be the case if 1 in every 1000 Dutch people would buy a 1MH/s contract to mine NLG for 1 year. I am no expert, but other people stated that IP banning is ineffective due to the use of a proxy, i do not like the idea because it gives people a feeling that there is someone behind Guldencoin pulling the ropes, but if the community wants it, i am fine with that, as long as the problem gets fixed. Maybe a temporarily IP baning will be viable until they get the message, but you know as well as i do, that if they want to hurt us even more, they can!.

My exact sentiments.  I'm not bashing the act of buying hashes.  In fact, I praised Biomike and others for helping the network by doing.  I'm bashing the fact that we have to do it just to keep the network healthy.  I agree that too much power in deciding who mines and who doesn't is concerning.  But I'm pretty sure the community here can agree that clever is not good for NLG in any way, shape, or form.  I would guess that 99% of the people here wish clever was gone.

I recommend we do not ban, but look into getting more users to mine and if that's possible with cloud mining for example. That sounds like two birds one stone. A much better solution then banning an IP.

Buerra, I agree that this is the answer, but if people could just do this on a whim, any coin would succeed.  The fact that Gulden is as successful as it has been speaks volumes to where it will go in the future.  But XYZcoin is coming out next week, and XYZ2coin comes out the week after.  Miners typically don't stick to a coin unless they truly believe in it.  I suspect our miners are already in this thread.  You want to gain more miners, we need to start spreading the word in this forum about NLG.  We have plenty of people spreading the word in the streets.  We need to do that here.

If cloud mining is the solution, it needs to be a fiat to hashpower solution in the Netherlands, targeted at people who don't know about mining.  Cloud mining would bring in virgin miners who would probably stick to the coin long term.  If you target already established community members, you're looking at people that won't stick around very long.  They'll rent hashpower from other cloud mining services that allow them to jump around.  I know I would, and I'm 100% behind Gulden.

One possible solution, and something that would afford us the benefit of additional hashpower, without the possibility of 100% sellout, and it would be a positive selling point for Gulden, and it would add network security... and a bunch of other great stuff, would be merge-mining.  I've been seeing coins do this lately.  They get picked up by LTC pools that merge mine and the miners get paid in the coin.  I have pointed my miners to a LTC pool recently that merge-mines just to test it out.  Mining 4-5 coins at one time is really slick, and it would really bring a lot of recognition to Gulden.  Just a thought.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
ontopicplease

Activity: 778

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 07:04:50 PM

Maybe a couple of times, but not often did I post here.
I am dutch, a crypto idealist and support/invest in altcoins. I did invest in about 10 different altcoins, where I expect good results. NLG is one of them.
But this whole discussion about banning clevermining makes no sense to meat all. Every coins that can be mined (isn't POS) is victim to these big multipools. But that's no problem. It's logical, the more succesfull coins are attact harder, but somewhere there will be an equilibrium.
I guess, the only protection is to stop POW and go POS. If NLG doesn't like and that wants to stay POW, that's fine. BTC is just like NLG going to be mined in 40 years and BTC is surviving as well.
The main reason I support NLG is because, I really like the vision from the devs. The keypoint is getting acceptance by merchants. Imagine a future where one or more coins will be accepted, do you really think that the average man in the street knows if the coin is POW or POS?
The irritation here about companies abroad picking up( mining) coins meant to be for the dutch citizens is also not really valid.
The marketprice is the real price imo. Every dutch citizen can buy a few bitcoin very easily on bitonic ( no I am not connected to bitonic, but I like their business and every country should have one), van send them to bittrex and buy NLG for this low price. Actually I am really happy NLG is still cheap, I bought over 1M NLG already and still have many buying orders between 430 and 470 sat. So, what will be the difference when the dutch people eventually buy the NLG from me instead clevermining. Not much, I think. The only difference is that I only start selling when the the devs and community don't function, like I would like to see.
The future success of this coin will be the result of the devs and communities attempts to proceed. As long as they go on doing what they do, the demand for NLG will go up and groups like clevermining can not deliver all these coins demanded, so the price wil rise.
What I mean to say is concentrate on developing the coin and don't spend your energy on irrelavant issues like multipools.
Halofire

Activity: 938

@halofirebtc

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 07:28:04 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2014, 07:38:15 PM by Halofire

You guys know we can manipulate the MP's? Drive the price of NLG up, attract the MP, figure when they sell their NLGs, drop the price right before and let them sell into our low prices. This will persuade all MP's to stop mining NLG as they all have a "responsibility to their miners". Works if they sell in lump sums. IF MP's want to play dirty, we can too....

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
Pages: « 1 ... 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 [298] 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 ... 676 »
  Print  

Jump to: