Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:25:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Storj - Decentralized Storage  (Read 389681 times)
KultusNagrand

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 11:43:58 PM

I remember wanting to invest in this project when it first appeared, pity I didn't have the money back then, good luck guys.
Pon13

Activity: 670
Merit: 130

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 06:26:07 AM

I use 3Tb drive 24/7.
the disk filling is very small, at the moment it is zero (157 KB).
Why ?
Who receives huge payments? Developers pay themselves and sell on the exchange?
Wonderful tactics! Grin Grin Grin

There's no tactics, the current network is not going to grow in storage used as development is focused on the new version 3 as the Storj team mentioned in the video I shared a few posts above.
So you won't get much rewards until the new version is released to the public. It's currently being tested by the new open source partners so hopefully it won't be too long until we can all get our hands on it.

hi man, any estimation on when V3 will go live ?

Bill Hicks was right about....everything
AngryWhiteWolf

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 11:00:09 AM

I use 3Tb drive 24/7.
Why ?

There's no tactics, the current network is not going to grow in storage used as development is focused on the new version 3 as the Storj team mentioned in the video I shared a few posts above.
So you won't get much rewards until the new version is released to the public. It's currently being tested by the new open source partners so hopefully it won't be too long until we can all get our hands on it.

Most likely by looking at interim reports it will be live before the end of the year.
A big update everybody is looking forward.
coin@coin
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 04:41:12 PM

I use 3Tb drive 24/7.
Why ?

Most likely by looking at interim reports it will be live before the end of the year.

I know as much as anyone else by following Storj updates and as AngryWhiteWolf said most likely end of year, potentially early 2019.
It is a big task the the team is trying to achieve with almost a complete overhaul of the network so some delay should be expected as with any company developing software.
If you want to get early access as soon as V3 is released to the public do register for the waitlist at https://storj.io/#waitlist
Pon13

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 07:35:01 AM

I use 3Tb drive 24/7.
Why ?

I know as much as anyone else by following Storj updates and as AngryWhiteWolf said most likely end of year, potentially early 2019.
It is a big task the the team is trying to achieve with almost a complete overhaul of the network so some delay should be expected as with any company developing software.
If you want to get early access as soon as V3 is released to the public do register for the waitlist at https://storj.io/#waitlist

Thanks both of you for the replies. Joined the waitlist, although, i thought today's farmers would be included in V3 anyway.

rapidtech

Activity: 151
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 07:50:54 AM

I use 3Tb drive 24/7.
Why ?

Early 2019 is not that long especially if it is a major update. This is the perfect time for investors to accumulate Storj as price is low and Storj is being improved.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ★★★ LETHEAN  ★★★    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
┊┈  VPN + BLOCKCHAIN, Absolute Internet Privacy:  ┈┊
█ █   LinkedinTwitterYoutubeDiscordRedditFacebook  ◉  Whitepaper  ◉ Bitcointalk Ann  █ █ 
coin@coin
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 04:30:44 PM

I use 3Tb drive 24/7.
Why ?

Thanks both of you for the replies. Joined the waitlist, although, i thought today's farmers would be included in V3 anyway.

One thing that will change, as per the latest town hall video, is that nodes with higher reputation will have more chance to host data from the network while unreliable nodes will not.
Hence why they have waitlist, so as long you have joined you will get access, however being able to store network data and earn rewards out of it will depend on how your node/s perform.
They are introducing reputation and based on that some nodes will earn rewards and some others will not be able to participate. I personally think this is for the best if we want Storj to be a success.
AngryWhiteWolf

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 05:43:44 PM

Reputation system makes perfect sense for me. Quality must be rewarded accordingly.
Live status will be also very good, eventually warnings if a node goes down will also be good to have.
00007crypto

Activity: 15

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 04:30:23 AM

i am curious to know that how cryptocurrency can be integrated with the storage of data?? like what are the benefits and the future?
EllyDew

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 05:21:42 AM

Your project concepts was very impressive, your hole concepts, structures and the team work etc. all are very impressive. Users are more active and ready to join the bounty. I hope it will be a successful project in the future. So good luck guys and all the best for your bright future.  Cheesy
Pon13

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 06:06:57 AM

One thing that will change, as per the latest town hall video, is that nodes with higher reputation will have more chance to host data from the network while unreliable nodes will not.
Hence why they have waitlist, so as long you have joined you will get access, however being able to store network data and earn rewards out of it will depend on how your node/s perform.
They are introducing reputation and based on that some nodes will earn rewards and some others will not be able to participate. I personally think this is for the best if we want Storj to be a success.

That's actually sounds pretty fair !

I'm fine with that. Thank you for sharing all this info with us.

yeyicheng2015

Activity: 289
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 05:41:31 AM

Storj is a good distributed storage project, which is worthy of investors' attention and attention.
Tonisim

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 08:41:39 AM

Product Manager Development Update 8

Hey Storjlings! We hope everyone had a great summer. Even though summer has come to an end, the Storj team is still running HOT and making tons of progress on the V3 network. Below is a quick update from our engineering team.

Recent development accomplishments:

We added client-side encryption for uploads. This means when a file is being uploaded to the network, it is encrypted before it ever leaves the user’s computer.
We fixed the pointer DB to only keep track of uploads that were successful.
We created a POC for multipart uploads on the V3 network.
We added the ability for storage node operators to set storage capacity limits.
We enhanced the overall user experience and fixed some bugs our OSS partners found.

In our next update, we plan to share updates on:

Adding a few more finishing touches to our initial Kademlia implementation.
Continuing work on our satellite audit component, which checks storage nodes to see if they hold the pieces of the files they should.
Finishing up satellite-signed proofs, which allow storage nodes to verify that commands have been approved by the satellite.
Continuing work on the data repair component. This component is responsible for regenerating pieces of segments from storage nodes that have gone offline and uploading them to new storage nodes. We have also been working on the component that determines when a file is in need of repair.
How the V3 white paper is progressing: we are making final edits to the content, formatting and creating illustrations.

https://storj.io/blog/2018/10/product-manager-development-update-8/
whotheff

Activity: 762
Merit: 35

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 09:08:51 AM

Product Manager Development Update 8

Hey Storjlings! We hope everyone had a great summer. Even though summer has come to an end, the Storj team is still running HOT and making tons of progress on the V3 network. Below is a quick update from our engineering team.

Recent development accomplishments:

We added client-side encryption for uploads. This means when a file is being uploaded to the network, it is encrypted before it ever leaves the user’s computer.
We fixed the pointer DB to only keep track of uploads that were successful.
We created a POC for multipart uploads on the V3 network.
We added the ability for storage node operators to set storage capacity limits.
We enhanced the overall user experience and fixed some bugs our OSS partners found.

In our next update, we plan to share updates on:

Adding a few more finishing touches to our initial Kademlia implementation.
Continuing work on our satellite audit component, which checks storage nodes to see if they hold the pieces of the files they should.
Finishing up satellite-signed proofs, which allow storage nodes to verify that commands have been approved by the satellite.
Continuing work on the data repair component. This component is responsible for regenerating pieces of segments from storage nodes that have gone offline and uploading them to new storage nodes. We have also been working on the component that determines when a file is in need of repair.
How the V3 white paper is progressing: we are making final edits to the content, formatting and creating illustrations.

https://storj.io/blog/2018/10/product-manager-development-update-8/

Great news! Keep them comming!
I have a few questions: Are you planning to implement some storage techniques for optimizing storage?
Foer example: compression, deduplication, tiering, spreading data over different geo locations?
Thanks in advance!

AngryWhiteWolf

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 10:10:45 AM

Hope the new version will bring a fair distribution of shards over the network. At the moment using 2 nodes with maximum reputation I'm renting nearly nothing and of course the reward is very small compared with what it was in  the past (on the same hardware). Wondering why you are publishing the list on google docs with all the nodes and corresponding rewards.
coin@coin
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 12:25:43 AM

I have a few questions: Are you planning to implement some storage techniques for optimizing storage?
Foer example: compression, deduplication, tiering, spreading data over different geo locations?
Thanks in advance!

Your best bet for answers to your questions is to join the official community group at https://community.storj.io.

Plenty of team members on there.
whotheff

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2018, 01:59:58 AM

Thanks in advance!

Your best bet for answers to your questions is to join the official community group at https://community.storj.io.

Plenty of team members on there.

I applied to this community about 10 months ago. For some reason I'm not accepted, but also
my e-mail is registered. So I cannot join or leave. I messaged the team several times here and
via e-mail and nobody responded.

whotheff

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2018, 12:12:29 AM

Storj is mentioned as an example of blockchain use scenarios:

I found it in IBM blockchain course!

irwanjabryg

Activity: 980
Merit: 512

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 07:21:44 AM

The V2 network has not been receiving any new data from customers and developers, while our private Alpha is getting data migrated onto by previous customers (not end users yet) and all the new partners we announced recently. The data from V2 to V3 is not being migrated yet by end users but will be soon once we move out of private alpha.
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 09:49:50 PM

Storj Labs' CTO, Philip Hutchins, got an article published by Forbes on the scalability challenges the Storj team has faced on the Ethereum network.

Check out this very interesting read to learn about how they've solved them.

Creating Scalability On Ethereum

https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbestechcouncil/2018/10/02/creating-scalability-on-ethereum

Nice article...
Valuable professional view of tech issues faced by every project building on Ethereum...
I wish that I was this robotically calm and dispassionate with the stream of glitches a trader faces every day.
Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: