Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:10:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Storj - Decentralized Storage  (Read 389680 times)
ScoreB

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 08:12:40 AM

ive been renting my diskspace with Storj for quite some time now and at first i have to say congratulations on the Software its idiot proof to install and run it. But now im asking myself is ther any link or something on which an can see how many Storj i already earned and how many i can earn per TB / Month which would be nice because im thinking about upgrading my System with some more Storage if its profitable in anyway.

Would love to see some DEVS respond to this. I've read similar requests for a profit-calculator all over and I would certainly like to see one for myself.

The only estimated earnings I managed to find was some guy in the STORJ community slack that said 100TB of storage should most likely earn you around $150-$300 a month..

Yet, if I look at the price of the necessary hardware (a full 100TB rig would cost about $5000 I guess?) and the electricity it would cost to run it.. a quick guess would be that even in the most positive scenario of $300 a month it would take you at least 16 months to reach your return of investment. And that is the upmost positive scenario..

Unless the price of STORJ rises of course and you'd make a lot more then $300.

Yet, if that happens, probably more people will come to rent out space and thus lowering the potential STORJ tokens to earn, right?

Someone please clarify for the noobs out here that might be willing and able to participate.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coin@coin
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:09:57 AM

ive been renting my diskspace with Storj for quite some time now and at first i have to say congratulations on the Software its idiot proof to install and run it. But now im asking myself is ther any link or something on which an can see how many Storj i already earned and how many i can earn per TB / Month which would be nice because im thinking about upgrading my System with some more Storage if its profitable in anyway.

Would love to see some DEVS respond to this. I've read similar requests for a profit-calculator all over and I would certainly like to see one for myself.

The only estimated earnings I managed to find was some guy in the STORJ community slack that said 100TB of storage should most likely earn you around $150-$300 a month..

Yet, if I look at the price of the necessary hardware (a full 100TB rig would cost about $5000 I guess?) and the electricity it would cost to run it.. a quick guess would be that even in the most positive scenario of $300 a month it would take you at least 16 months to reach your return of investment. And that is the upmost positive scenario..

Yet, if that happens, probably more people will come to rent out space and thus lowering the potential STORJ tokens to earn, right?

Someone please clarify for the noobs out here that might be willing and able to participate.

I'm not a dev but I've been following Storj for a long time and use Storj Share.

You should use what you have available at this stage not thinking of getting a 100TB rig built to make a profit.
Even if you have one it is not guaranteed you will fill it up with data or it could take a long while.

The way you earn right now depends on the amount of storage you actually store for Storj users on your node.
There are several other variables including your uptime, bandwidth, reliability, etc... which all affect how much you can earn.

There is a lot of competition for storage with several thousand active farmers at a point, Storj has recently announced 5 PetaBytes of storage used on the network.
As storage demand increases with new Storj partnerships and customers, farmers will also see an increased utilization of their storage which could mean more rewards.

Hence why it is not easy to make an earning calculator. What I heard is that the team will be moving at some stage to more frequent, automatic payouts (via Etherem smart contracts)
which will potentially mean more data to work with as well as more reliable ways to estimate earnings.

BtcMan2009

Activity: 1022
Merit: 340

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:23:22 AM

Very interesting turn of events. Polo add to its stock exchange value and is now still interested in what happens to the old coin. Will be removed if the old coin or two they will be traded on this exchange.
coin@coin
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 06:08:38 AM

what has happened to this coin? Is this a fork

No, the team migrated the token from Counterparty to Ethereum. So some users still have to swap their old tokens to the new one.

Polo in particular has both tokens listed, I have a feeling they will delist SJCX soon and have only STORJ.
It may depend on how quickly SJCX holders can withdraw and convert to Storj using the Storj converter.
D3legacy

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 10:11:31 AM

I'm not a dev but I've been following Storj for a long time and use Storj Share.

You should use what you have available at this stage not thinking of getting a 100TB rig built to make a profit.
Even if you have one it is not guaranteed you will fill it up with data or it could take a long while.

The way you earn right now depends on the amount of storage you actually store for Storj users on your node.
There are several other variables including your uptime, bandwidth, reliability, etc... which all affect how much you can earn.

There is a lot of competition for storage with several thousand active farmers at a point, Storj has recently announced 5 PetaBytes of storage used on the network.
As storage demand increases with new Storj partnerships and customers, farmers will also see an increased utilization of their storage which could mean more rewards.

Hence why it is not easy to make an earning calculator. What I heard is that the team will be moving at some stage to more frequent, automatic payouts (via Etherem smart contracts)
which will potentially mean more data to work with as well as more reliable ways to estimate earnings.

Thank you both very much for the answers i think i should lower my expectations for a few TB i profide 😁. Do anyone of you know how often Storj pays out? Is it in fixed intervals or is it after you reach a specific amount of Storj?

ScoreB

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 12:51:33 PM

Great answer, took quite some time to figure this out myself but at least now it's written here in clear language. Hopefully it will also be of benefit to others that end up here with the same question. Thnx! Smiley
bitcoinerjawa

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 12:53:55 PM

hey dev any airdrop or bounty campaign for your project?
devster

Activity: 67

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 08:17:59 PM

As far as I know the devs are moving toward automated payouts...

https://github.com/Storj/billing/pull/88
foxy

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:32:38 AM

I might be wrong but I don't think they are currently running any airdrop campaign or the bounty campaign for the project. (sorry if i turn out to be wrong)

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
coin@coin
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:12:01 PM

I might be wrong but I don't think they are currently running any airdrop campaign or the bounty campaign for the project. (sorry if i turn out to be wrong)

There is no bounty, however if you help with code on GitHub you can get Storj Swag.

Join https://community.storj.io for more details.
CisColtz

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:18:01 PM

So they are switching from Counterparty platform to the Ethereum one. In my opinion this is a good and a smart move to do right now but there are a lot of coins based on ethereum platform , hope they know what are they doing cause I always had an interest on Storj.
ScoreB

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 09:09:32 PM

So they are switching from Counterparty platform to the Ethereum one. In my opinion this is a good and a smart move to do right now but there are a lot of coins based on ethereum platform , hope they know what are they doing cause I always had an interest on Storj.

How come you suddenly start referring to something that was announced over 6 months ago -> http://blog.storj.io/post/158740607128/migration-from-counterparty-to-ethereum ?

Still though, didn't realize yet that STORJ apparently switched from Bitcoin-related to an Ethereum related coin back then. So thnx.
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 11:45:30 AM

I cannot believe POLONIEX just didn't convert the damn tokens themselves.... this is a fucking joke...
I had to sold my SJCX tokens 2 days ago because I was waiting for more than 5 days with a pending withdrawal.... and then... boom this stupid announcement... come on !!!
I agree Poloniex should've converted their SJCX to STORJ (ERC20) or at least delisted SJCX at the same time as they started trading STORJ but they seem to be slow working guys and not so collaborative with STORJ Labs' demands.

So if you don't wanna loose any possible STORJ pump you'd better convert your coins instead of exchanging for ETH or BTC...

BTW Poloniex's insistence on keeping SJCX tradable together with the new STORJ (ERC20) is nonsense...

polo is a piece of shit exchange, it really deserves to die
jmxcursi

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:10:30 PM

I added Storj Token to the Cheddur app (https://www.cheddur.com/) given the details I could find on the website. This will allow more people to learn about Storj and join. Can others from the community who are more knowledgeable please review the profile and submit edits for the remaining missing information? We can also link wallets, exchanges, and other services to Storj so that other users can easily get started!

https://i.imgur.com/CL8s24h.png

https://i.imgur.com/yJ0U5lk.png
jmxcursi

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 01:56:12 PM

I added Storj to the Cheddur app (https://www.cheddur.com/). This will allow new users to learn about Storj and join the community. Cheddur allows you to link addresses, wallets, exchanges, and other services that support Storj so that new users can easily get started. Can others from the community please review the profile for quality and help me link supported services?

Screenshots of coin overview screen:

https://i.imgur.com/veSdEdp.png

https://i.imgur.com/Ltb2AHT.png

Screenshot of coin details screen:

https://i.imgur.com/WnXQJmA.png
SarahOuten

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:18:25 PM

Storj good altcoin,  easy 10%-15% 24h. boom guys
ugt

Activity: 84

ugchain.org

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 11:29:47 AM

want to join the Storj Townhall Meeting  Grin

ugChain ● Decentralized Gaming Ecosystem ● Bounty Thread
wgd
Legendary

Activity: 1815
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:13:43 PM

im holder old scjxcoin on poloniex? Can you still do the conversion to stroj ethereum erc-20 tokens? Where can I exchange?  Huh Huh Huh Huh

▄██▄▄
        ▄▄█████████▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄▄██████████████████████▄▄
 ▀█████████▀▀   ▀▀████████▀▀
█▄▄ ▀▀█▀▀           ▀▀█▀ ▄▄██
█████▄     ▄▄███▄▄     ██████
██████    ▄▀▀███▀▀▄    ██████
██████    ███▄ ▄███    ██████
██████    ████ ████    ██████
██████     ▀▀█ █▀▀     ██████
███████▄▄              ██████
██████████▄▄    ▄▄     ██████
 ▀▀██████████▄▄███     ███▀▀
     ▀████████████     ▀
        ▀█████████
           ▀▀██▀

qortal

Decentralized Internet
Infrastructure of the Future

████████████
           ▄▄██████▄▄                       ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄                ▄▄█████████████▄▄
   ██████████▀▀█████████▄          ▄██████████████▀▀▀████▄
   ████▀▀         ▀▀ ████          █████████▀▀▀     ▄█████
   ███               ▀███          ████▀▀          ▄██████
   ██▀   ▄███  ███    ███          █████▄▄         ███████
   ██    ▀██▀  ▀█▀    ▀██          █████████▄     ████████
   ██  ▀▄▄       ▄▄█▀ ▄██          ██████████▄   █████████
   ▀███▄▄██████████▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄▄   ▀███████████▄▄████████▀

██▄▄  ▀█████████████▀▀  ▄▄████████▄▄  ▀▀█████████████▀▀  ▄▄███
█████▄▄   ▀█████▀▀   ▄▄███████████████▄   ▀▀█████▀▀   ▄███████
▀████████▄▄  ▀   ▄▄████████▀▀  ▀▀████████▄▄   ▀   ▄▄████████▀▀
   ▀▀████████▄▄████████▀▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀▀████████▄▄▄█████████▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀  ▄▄██████████▄▄  ▀▀████████████▀▀
           ▀▀██▀▀  ▄▄███████████▀▀▀████▄▄ ▀▀█████▀▀
                   ████▀▀█████▀      ▀███
                   ████▄  ▀▀▀█      ▄████
                   ████  ▀          █████
                   █████▄          ▄█████
                   ██████▄        ▄██████
                   ████▀        ▄████████
                    ▀▀████▄▄▄█████████▀▀
                         ▀▀██████▀▀

████████████

▄▄▄██▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄▄
▀▀████████████████▀
   ▄ ▀▀████▀▀ ▄ ██
   ██▄▄    ▄▄██ ██
   ████████████ ██
    ██████████  ▀▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

QORTAL PROJECT WIKI

██▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀█   █▀ ▄██████▄ ▀█   █▀▀▀█▄ █
██▄   █▀▀  ██▀  █   ▀██ ▀▀██   ██▀█
█ █████   ██    █     ██   █████  █
██▀   █▄▄ █   ▄███▄    █ ▄██   ██▄█
█▀█▄▄▄█   █   ▀███▀    █   █▄▄▄█▀ █
█ █  ▀█▄▄ ██    █      █  ▄█▀▀▀█▄ █
███  ▄█▀▀  ▀██▄ █ ▄▄   █ ▀▀█   ██▀█
█ █▀▀██   █▄  ▀███▀█   █   ██▀▀█  █
███   █████    ▄▄  █  ▄█ ███   ████
█ █▄▄██   ██▄▄█▀   █▄██▀   █▄▄▄█  █
██▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄█

QORTECTOR

Obtain a QORTector Device...
Enjoy Free Internet... eventually.
  ....JOIN....
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:48:43 PM

im holder old scjxcoin on poloniex? Can you still do the conversion to stroj ethereum erc-20 tokens? Where can I exchange?  Huh Huh Huh Huh

Here you go:

https://docs.storj.io/v1.1/docs/migrate-tokens-from-sjcx-to-storj

coin@coin
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:53:58 PM

Yes you can by using this website: https://converter.storj.io/

However you should be quick as the converter is open until November 29.

Here's a guide on how to do it: https://docs.storj.io/docs/migrate-tokens-from-sjcx-to-storj
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: