Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 09:13:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: cryptoGlance [v2.1] :: Open-source, self-hosted, multi-rig monitoring tool!  (Read 130208 times)
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2015, 07:49:16 PM

Ban is confirmed as good working. Some people may have had a problem on Nice/west and Ban all being DDOSed throughout the week with the wallets. Have you had a chance check into coinbase wallet yet. Thanks  
Thanks for confirming Smiley We'll let you know more about the coinbase wallet feature soon, we want to finish the MobileMiner support first.

How do we add a pool if it is not there? I wish it would let us input the URL pool ourselves then be static.
Which pool? All pools have a different implementation for their API, therefore we have to add support for these pools ourselves. Most pools use an open-source frontend like MPOS or NOMP.

I was trying to add antpool.com but I've already been disconnected from that twice. I guess they still are getting attacks. I'm back to Ghash (yes, I know the world hates them), but it seems to be the only pool I can connect successfully with, and with stats. I tried CKPool, but wanted more stats. I couldn't find them.

Also, can I run this on my linux VPS?

EDIT: Downloaded the master and uploading it now to my VPS. Then I can access my miners from any computer on the net. Very nice.
EDIT#2: Maybe not. I'll need to port forward to my miners address but they have to be using different ports. Is there a way to change the default port to another number or is that hard coded somewhere?

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
cryptoglance (OP)

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2015, 07:55:32 PM

I was trying to add antpool.com but I've already been disconnected from that twice. I guess they still are getting attacks. I'm back to Ghash (yes, I know the world hates them), but it seems to be the only pool I can connect successfully with, and with stats. I tried CKPool, but wanted more stats. I couldn't find them.

Also, can I run this on my linux VPS?
Yes, Antpool is offline due to attacks.
There are many pools that offer good stats such as Slush, Egilius, or BitMinter.

Yes, you can run it on any platform as long as you have an httpd and a php module. We prefer Apache2 with PHP - it's super lightweight with CryptoGlance and offers a high level of security.

EDIT: Downloaded the master and uploading it now to my VPS. Then I can access my miners from any computer on the net. Very nice.
That's what we like to hear! We also remotely use cryptoglance. It's great for having control when you're at work, etc

opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 06:21:02 AM

I'm having trouble accessing my rigs remotely. I got Crypto working on my VPS real easy. Using the latest PHP and extenstions. Loads and logs me in just fine. I assume I would need to forward port 4028 to the static IP of my miner, but both my miners are using port 4028. My router supports port triggering and port forwarding, so I've tried both ways and when I enter my "home" IP address in with port :4028 nothing comes up. I'm already accessing my media server remotely, Plex, a few IP camera's, all using port forwarding so it is nothing new to me, but can't get Crypto to connect to my rigs at home via my VPS. Any tips?

Thanks!

opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 06:30:12 AM

I'm having trouble accessing my rigs remotely. I got Crypto working on my VPS real easy. Using the latest PHP and extenstions. Loads and logs me in just fine. I assume I would need to forward port 4028 to the static IP of my miner, but both my miners are using port 4028. My router supports port triggering and port forwarding, so I've tried both ways and when I enter my "home" IP address in with port :4028 nothing comes up. I'm already accessing my media server remotely, Plex, a few IP camera's, all using port forwarding so it is nothing new to me, but can't get Crypto to connect to my rigs at home via my VPS. Any tips?

Thanks!

I got one rig to show up through my VPS to my home system. But now I can't forward port 4028 twice. I'm about to run a port scanner on my S5 to see if anymore ports are open on it that maybe I can use.

cryptoglance (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 08:05:52 AM

I got one rig to show up through my VPS to my home system. But now I can't forward port 4028 twice. I'm about to run a port scanner on my S5 to see if anymore ports are open on it that maybe I can use.

Ideally you would have cryptoglance behind the same firewall as the miners. It's safer to only port-forward to cryptoglance and let your miners report only to the machine with cryptoglance.

thedreamer
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 01:25:24 AM

Just installed it to try. Looks good, but I can only setup one miner at a time.

When I add the others, they are shown as offline , although I can access them directly and are hashing away.

I'm using this with Spondoolies SP20's.

Thanks

Go Big or Go Home.
cryptoglance (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2015, 01:44:43 AM

When I add the others, they are shown as offline , although I can access them directly and are hashing away.

Thanks
Make sure your miners API is configured to allow access. The Spondoolies web interface should say where the config is located (/etc/cgminer.template).

Set "api-allow" value as follows:
"api-allow":"W:127.0.0.1,W:###.###.###.###"
(Where ###.###.###.### is the IP address of the machine CryptoGlance is running on.)

Restart the miner when changes have been made.

thedreamer
Legendary

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 01:53:17 AM

Thanks
Make sure your miners API is configured to allow access. The Spondoolies web interface should say where the config is located (/etc/cgminer.template).

Set "api-allow" value as follows:
"api-allow":"W:127.0.0.1,W:###.###.###.###"
(Where ###.###.###.### is the IP address of the machine CryptoGlance is running on.)

Restart the miner when changes have been made.

Ohh. So I have to SSH into the miner and change the cgminer.conf.template file?

Go Big or Go Home.
thedreamer
Legendary

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 02:02:34 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2015, 02:18:51 AM by thedreamer

Ok got it. I had to also restart MinerGate and then they came up. Will this setting stay for good, or is it only temporary?

Thanks

*ADD* Any way to make it so we can resize the windows? It looks just HUGE on my triple monitor setup, even though I'm running 3240x1920 res.

Go Big or Go Home.
cryptoglance (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2015, 02:32:49 AM

Ok got it. I had to also restart MinerGate and then they came up. Will this setting stay for good, or is it only temporary?
The setting should keep unless you factory restore it.

*ADD* Any way to make it so we can resize the windows? It looks just HUGE on my triple monitor setup, even though I'm running 3240x1920 res.
If you're using the windows app, the minimum size is 800x600px. You can resize it as you would manually with any windows.

An alternative solution is to use your web browser. Follow the instructions in the read-me (In cryptoglance via Help dropdown OR view it on github: https://github.com/cryptoGlance/cryptoGlance-web-app)
Look for Windows App Users and jump to step #4.

thedreamer
Legendary

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 02:58:41 AM

The setting should keep unless you factory restore it.

If you're using the windows app, the minimum size is 800x600px. You can resize it as you would manually with any windows.

An alternative solution is to use your web browser. Follow the instructions in the read-me (In cryptoglance via Help dropdown OR view it on github: https://github.com/cryptoGlance/cryptoGlance-web-app)
Look for Windows App Users and jump to step #4.

With the windows APP/Program, the text and windows just looks huge.
To be able to see any useful data it has to take up  more than 1/2 my display's real estate, which is 3x 24" Displays in a vertical setup. I wish the whole display could be resized where it would shrink the fonts and windows directly, so it could be put in a corner but with enough data for me to be viable.

The Web based one I can resize a bit more, but still take up 1/2 of my desktop real estate if I use the horizontal square site layout.

Looks like a good product, but have to be able to have these functionalities for people to be able to resize to a managable size and be abel to keep it running on a corner, instead of having it take up most of your display.

Go Big or Go Home.
cryptoglance (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2015, 03:56:30 AM

With the windows APP/Program, the text and windows just looks huge.
To be able to see any useful data it has to take up  more than 1/2 my display's real estate, which is 3x 24" Displays in a vertical setup. I wish the whole display could be resized where it would shrink the fonts and windows directly, so it could be put in a corner but with enough data for me to be viable.

The Web based one I can resize a bit more, but still take up 1/2 of my desktop real estate if I use the horizontal square site layout.

Looks like a good product, but have to be able to have these functionalities for people to be able to resize to a managable size and be abel to keep it running on a corner, instead of having it take up most of your display.
Fair enough. Most of the time you don't need your eye on it that often, in the future alerts will trigger your browser tab to have focus or flash in the windows task bar.

We also have a macro version in the works, no expected date of availability. Maybe this will more fit your liking?
This is a preview:

thedreamer
Legendary

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 02:18:14 PM

I am surprised nobody has brought this up to your attention.

Here is a screenshot of the windows program/app. This is the smallest I can size it to so I can properly view the layout, otherwise it has to scroll.

The second pic is how it should be if properly resized. I'm using win 8.1 . (I just mocked up a quick photoshop example)

Thanks

Go Big or Go Home.
cryptoglance (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 01:26:53 AM

Thanks for the images.

We do have a restriction on the width in which the grid mode will display, this is probably what you're referring to.

We'll take a look at how we can address this issue Smiley

thedreamer
Legendary

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 02:44:01 AM

Thanks for the images.

We do have a restriction on the width in which the grid mode will display, this is probably what you're referring to.

Sounds good. Would be convenient to have open in a small window Like I showed in the mock-up just to glance at, without having to open it and take up the whole screen.
Like when watching stocks or tickers.  Smiley

Go Big or Go Home.
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 02:50:12 AM

We need triggers/reboots and something a little smarter. Can you do that?

cryptoglance (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 03:28:06 AM

We need triggers/reboots and something a little smarter. Can you do that?
Yes. We want to implement a daemon to watch the rigs so the app doesnt have to be open 24/7. I can implement something for now though.

Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 02:14:32 PM

Thanks for the images.

You can make the window smaller in the browser if you zoom out using the browser feature. (tested using Chrome)

But maybe what is needed is just a more concise view with less info.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
thedreamer
Legendary

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 02:38:21 PM

You can make the window smaller in the browser if you zoom out using the browser feature. (tested using Chrome)

Problem with that is, that it resizes all the browser Windows after you set it up unless you set it back. Pretty inconvenient. Also requires you to run the program/app and the browser window if on the same pc.

If you guys need help with testing let me know. I can help.

Go Big or Go Home.
cryptoglance (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 02:46:45 PM

Problem with that is, that it resizes all the browser Windows after you set it up unless you set it back. Pretty inconvenient. Also requires you to run the program/app and the browser window if on the same pc.

If you guys need help with testing let me know. I can help.
Hmm... Both of you have given me a good idea.

CryptoGlance only really cares about mostly recent browsers... With that said, we can implement a zoom function Smiley I will have it ready in the next release (Nightly)!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: