Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:50:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Spondoolies-Tech SP30 pre-order - Specs: 0.69$/GH + 0.46W/GH  (Read 42836 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
eightcylinders

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 05:32:16 PM

Looks like emails are going out whether us Group Buy folk would like shipping to us, or hosting in their data center. Check em!

Just got mine too.  Does this really mean what I hope it does???  Can they really be shipping this early, or is it just a very early request for info so they can plan?  Anyone have the inside scoop? 

My BTC Addres: 1PMEJCY6ofqmnAdYbdQqToZ7MNSAz35w7v
=>Buy the world's first hardware wallet.   Safer than paper and easier to use than smartphones.  If you use Bitcoin you need this: Buy Trezor!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Crypto_Cumbrian

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:07:15 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2014, 06:22:15 PM by Crypto_Cumbrian

I have the Same email asking about hosting.

I replied asking for more info on how the hosting DC takes Payment (Payment options, all up front or Month by Month).

I'm still contemplating hosting or not. I usually mine for a couple of months then Flip the miner. So not that keen on being tied into hosting for 6 Months.

C_C
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:53:26 AM

Found my "Time to Choose Shipping or hosting, which will it be?" Email.

As a member of our special SP30 group buy, you are eligible to choose weather you
would like to have your unit shipped to you or sent to our partner's data center in the US.

Can we dare to dream early? No... doubtful. That be too much to ask for.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 08:19:31 AM

f anyone wants to sell please hmu!  Grin

Ill sell you my SP10s TODAY if you want them.
TOO loud.
AMEN. The 68 DB that they post on their site can't be correct! Surprised we aren't hearing from more disappointed customers.

I remember that I saw a measurement from a forum user with 70dB so they are correct. Can't remember who was it.
Again, the dB says nothing about the quality of the sound which is like a mini circular saw and extremely harsh in the most sensitive part of the human hearing range making the absolute amplitude in isolation pretty much irrelevant. They say the sp30 will be absolutely nothing like the sp10 though.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
merv77

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 02:47:15 PM

Found my "Time to Choose Shipping or hosting, which will it be?" Email.

As a member of our special SP30 group buy, you are eligible to choose weather you
would like to have your unit shipped to you or sent to our partner's data center in the US.

Can we dare to dream early? No... doubtful. That be too much to ask for.

got same email also.

what to do...? what to do...?

I think I will take the hosting option, but I like to see one in real life.
as I've ordered 3 maybe I'll host 2 and take one.
Bicknellski

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 06:12:28 AM

f anyone wants to sell please hmu!  Grin

Ill sell you my SP10s TODAY if you want them.
TOO loud.
AMEN. The 68 DB that they post on their site can't be correct! Surprised we aren't hearing from more disappointed customers.

I remember that I saw a measurement from a forum user with 70dB so they are correct. Can't remember who was it.
Again, the dB says nothing about the quality of the sound which is like a mini circular saw and extremely harsh in the most sensitive part of the human hearing range making the absolute amplitude in isolation pretty much irrelevant. They say the sp30 will be absolutely nothing like the sp10 though.

Really for safety of your hearing... Datacenter these miners. Not worth risking hearing damage.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Crypto_Cumbrian

Activity: 113

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 06:18:42 PM

Anyone got any news on how Payment to Hosting company works , what are the payment options. e.g (all up front or on a month by month basis).

Asked Spondoolies for this info two days ago, no answer.

Also does anyone know what the dimensions of the SP30 will be, got my eye on an Acoustic Server Cab (9u) , but need to know the SP30 Depth.

Ta

C_C
gallery2000

Activity: 784

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:23:28 PM

Looking to buy your SP30.  If you don't like to wait please let me buy your SP30

RoadStress (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:52:21 PM

Anyone got any news on how Payment to Hosting company works , what are the payment options. e.g (all up front or on a month by month basis).

Also does anyone know what the dimensions of the SP30 will be, got my eye on an Acoustic Server Cab (9u) , but need to know the SP30 Depth.

Ta

C_C

SP30 dimensions:
554 X 431 X 88.4 [mm]

SP10 dimensions:
473 X 431 X 55.1 [mm]

As for payment I am waiting on that info too, but I am sure that they won't ask for payment all up front. More likely it will be month by month basis, but I think we will need to pay up front for the first month. While I don't expect the DC to have bitcoin payments ready I hope they will try to implement it in the future.

Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:50:22 AM

The email said that hosting required a 6 month commitment, which would indicate to me that it required 6 months up front. What other commitment would there be for a company selling hosting to a bunch of geeks on the internet from all over the world?

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
RoadStress (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:29:06 PM

The email said that hosting required a 6 month commitment, which would indicate to me that it required 6 months up front. What other commitment would there be for a company selling hosting to a bunch of geeks on the internet from all over the world?

You won't be required to pay all up front for the 6 months. The commitment would be that you agree and commit to pay for the next 6 months of hosting. I am sure that if you won't pay starting any month that won't be a problem because they still have your equipment and they will not release it to you until you pay up + maybe you will get blacklisted with them. That's how I see it at least. Things don't need to be complicated at all.

DevonMiner

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:25:36 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2014, 09:43:49 PM by DevonMiner

Looks like emails are going out whether us Group Buy folk would like shipping to us, or hosting in their data center. Check em!

Not received mine yet ... on the face of it, DC looks the way forward, but it would be REAL NICE to receive at least one SP30 ... just so I can see it in the flesh. Maxed out now and an electric bill from hell ... in the UK.

Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 08:47:16 PM

You won't be required to pay all up front for the 6 months. The commitment would be that you agree and commit to pay for the next 6 months of hosting. I am sure that if you won't pay starting any month that won't be a problem because they still have your equipment and they will not release it to you until you pay up + maybe you will get blacklisted with them. That's how I see it at least. Things don't need to be complicated at all.

Not complicated at all, just in advance. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=521520.msg7367669#msg7367669

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Bicknellski

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 10:36:34 AM

Is it August yet?  Roll Eyes

Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 10:57:13 AM

Is it August yet?  Roll Eyes

I know, I just wish spondoolies hadn't stopped sp10 production leaving a huge hiatus before sp30.

RoadStress (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:18:35 PM

Not complicated at all, just in advance. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=521520.msg7367669#msg7367669

Which makes it the least complicated. I don't like the outcome either btw.

finlof

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:53:46 AM

I just returned from a trip to Israel last week and was lucky enough to drop by the Spondoolies-Tech office.  All of the staff were all very friendly and I was treated very warmly.  Their office is located in a high-tech area of Israel, with their building right next to HP and Intel offices.  It is in a clean and secure facility.  I was able to meet with Guy (CEO), Kobi (COO), and Gadi (VP Marketing and Sales) - http://www.spondoolies-tech.com/pages/team.  I was shown and took a picture of the SP30 unit (without ASICs - http://imgur.com/elpsFfC).  Everyone I dealt with was intelligent, competent, and has a very forward-looking view of the company and bitcoin technologies.  IMO this seems to be the best team with the best product in the bitcoin mining hardware space.  I have been very satisfied with my SP10 units and am looking forward to receiving my SP30 in August.  If you dont have one on order yet get it while you can!

Side note - a pro tip when visiting the Dead Sea - if you do use goggles while floating/swimming don't take them off until you've reached the showers.
data55

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 06:14:55 PM

Side note - a pro tip when visiting the Dead Sea - if you do use goggles while floating/swimming don't take them off until you've reached the showers.

HAHAHA, sooo true!
That mud is amazing though.. Skin was the softest I have ever felt it! Smiley

I'm addicted to hashpower and horsepower.
*Reinstated from hack - Dec. 2020*
JWU42
Legendary

Activity: 1666

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:52:40 AM

Umm - can you say 30% diff jump  Cry

Bicknellski

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 08:27:53 PM

Umm - can you say 30% diff jump  Cry

https://tradeblock.com/mining/a/f6af0a48b6

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: