Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:26:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Ann] Safecoin maidsafecoin  (Read 76456 times)
crunchynut

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:10:18 PM

Here is what Maidsafe claim :

A new p2p Internet. Free and decentralised.

Here is what it is (so far) :

A copy of a 14 years old open source project named freenet.
A centralized closed source software that need you to trust the staff not to look at your data and sell it to NSA.
An incentive to centralize all the network because of the competition for money. As a consequence, your data could be deleted and lost.
An unfair IPO at a fixed max amount that force people to send in a hurry without checking the project.
A huge pump&dump manipulation for MasterCoin.

◯ ◯ ◯ ◯

>>>>>> LAUNCHED: RAPECOIN - YOU CAN'T SAY NO TO THIS COIN <<<<<<

◯ ◯ ◯ ◯
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
svk31

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 02:15:41 PM

I'll probably invest a few MSC for this crowdsale as I like the the ideas behind it. But I think they need to include a hard cap.
If you haven't already done so it's now too late, MSC donations are closed. See my previous post..
RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 02:16:25 PM

The upside of this being that if you felt like you'd missed out, the opportunity remains to send Bitcoin and it would seem from David that you could be reasonably sure of not being at any disadvantage by doing so.
Yeah, but I spent all my bitcoin yesterday buying MSC at a discount.  David announced the rules, I believed him at his word and I prepared myself for this moment now where I have in hand loads (1000 MSC) to buy MaidSafe.  Now, I wake up in the morning, with no notice whatever to find the rules have been swiftly changed in the middle of the night!!  Not only that, this rule change has caused my mastercoin value to crash from .18 to .09.  

Should I bare the burden of this surprise rule change - or should MaidSafe?  

Sorry David, you can't change the rules in the middle of the night to the severe disadvantage of others.  I think this is going to come back on you in a very serious way if you don't reopen the MSC @ .2 very freaking fast.

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:21:49 PM

nick.lambert    
3:37 PM (21 minutes ago)

The crowd sale is now closed to MSC, still open for BTC @ 1KHfLixa2idRnZXMUfEisBati1vpywaH6E

Wait a second.... was their any indication that there would be a hard cap on the amount of Mastercoin allowed to invest vs BTC with the initial 10%? If this wasn't clarified beforehand than this is looking really bad.

bitwhizz
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:23:23 PM

No indication what so ever, - this is truely the messiest fundraiser ever,
this can't even be legal, alot of people will have lost a shit load of money
Zooey

Activity: 241
Merit: 250

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:25:55 PM

The upside of this being that if you felt like you'd missed out, the opportunity remains to send Bitcoin and it would seem from David that you could be reasonably sure of not being at any disadvantage by doing so.
Yeah, but I spent all my bitcoin yesterday buying MSC at a discount.  David announced the rules, I believed him at his word and I prepared myself for this moment now where I have in hand loads (1000 MSC) to buy MaidSafe.  Now, I wake up in the morning, with no notice whatever to find the rules have been swiftly changed in the middle of the night!!  Not only that, this rule change has caused my mastercoin value to crash from .18 to .09.  

Sorry David, you can't change the rules in the middle of the night to the severe disadvantage of others.  I think this is going to come back on you in a very serious way if you don't reopen the MSC @ .2 very freaking fast.

It started at 09:00 GMT as stated dude, you can't bag 'em for that; if you've only just got up you probably ought to just be thankful there's still one boat left to climb onto if you care.

✘ www.NOTFORSALECAMPAIGN.org ✘
Human trafficking enslaves 30 million people: Join the movement to re-abolish slavery. | A 05:49s Vimeo |
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:26:35 PM

You all wanted to invest in a scam corporate coin and got scammed?!  You don't say

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Chang Hum (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:27:01 PM

Me too man, pure greed on my part as saw it coming but not this fast thought I'd get in and out, lost my savings want a gun right now not sure for me or someone else! Shouldn't have touched it and should have drawn pictures to explain, but everyone was so rude to me i thought fuck them I'll join in making the free money!!
liondani

Activity: 97

Inch by Inch,Play by Play

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:30:38 PM

No, I will post soon, just finishing some parts of the back end. We will make sure everyone gets fair treatment and BTC backers are well looked after. Mad just now, the computers are not quick enough, but I will be back to post soon. It's unbelievable and everyone is gonna be happy I think
What does that mean?

I sent MSC instead of BTC based on the price that yourself have choosen. I hope you won't break the deal that yourself have set up.

Yeah me too I bought yestarday at 0.175, if the deal is breaked I will loose money and be angry.

BTC investors had the choice to sent MSC instead, the only huge unfairness would be if the term of the contract retroactivly change.

This is a SCAM!!!

It is 7am PST.  I am ready to invest.  I spent all day yesterday buying MSC at prices between .17 and .19 so I'd be ready to buy MaidSafe (at a nice discount wrt the set rate of .20), according to the rules announced, early this morning.  How I have shitloads of expensive MSC - and I am not allowed to use them.  What kind of a trick is this?

Ask David Johnston maybe he has the answer.

Inch by Inch, Play by Play
Bitrated user: liondani.
RawDog
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 02:32:55 PM

I don't see how they can't break the deal to be honest. I would appreciate them sticking to their terms, (and might argue loudly for it) but how to iron things out so that people won't feel tricked is going to be difficult.
Not difficult.  They announced the rules.  Those rules were available for all to see and understand.  They must stick to those terms.  They cannot change the terms in a material way which cause severe losses to those who relied upon the stated rules.  I too will argue quite loudly.  

Now everyone can understand the function of regulation.  Regulation would put in place the conditions which prevent those raising funds from changing the rules midstream - causing losses for many.  

David can't just unilaterally declare the previously promised .2 rate invalid - without notice.  This is complete nonsense.  He will learn a very hard lesson if he doesn't (within 24 hours) withdraw that change to the scheme which was widely advertised and promoted all last week.

Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
petskup

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:35:04 PM

SAFE Network Sample App Features
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlj0DCa7LyU

PeaceCoin
3Lt2A66HnHQQW5GgxM83cMmBEkxh82Xe1c
RawDog
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 02:35:51 PM

Ask David Johnston maybe he has the answer.
David Irvine should PM me VERY soon. 

Chang Hum (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:38:34 PM

They bought the entire amount for sale with their loaned bitcoin
Zooey

Activity: 241

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:41:33 PM

I don't see how they can't break the deal to be honest. I would appreciate them sticking to their terms, (and might argue loudly for it) but how to iron things out so that people won't feel tricked is going to be difficult.
Not difficult.  They announced the rules.  Those rules were available for all to see and understand.  They must stick to those terms.  They cannot change the terms in a material way which cause severe losses to those who relied upon the stated rules.  I too will argue quite loudly.  

Now everyone can understand the function of regulation.  Regulation would put in place the conditions which prevent those raising funds from changing the rules midstream - causing losses for many.  

David can't just unilaterally declare the previously promised .2 invalid.  This is complete nonsense.  He will learn a very hard lesson if he doesn't (within 24 hours) withdraw that change to the scheme which was widely advertised and promoted all last week.

So this is an argument which wants a group of people who have equally invested to be given less - to be disadvantaged, for what...?  Why would you want that?  I can't see there being anything fucking 'wrong' that a decent person would object to if;
-nobody gets any less than promised
-btc investor reward is raised to be representatively fair
How could that not be the right way to go forward?

✘ www.NOTFORSALECAMPAIGN.org ✘
Human trafficking enslaves 30 million people: Join the movement to re-abolish slavery. | A 05:49s Vimeo |
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:41:49 PM

I click "send" (near my MSC balance), then I verify the address, fulfill Amount, Fee, and To, and click "Prepare". It says: "Not enough bitcoin funds on addresses" which is false (I should have enough bitcoins to cover the fee, right?)
here the same...
 Angry
Another guy said something about needing 0,015 BTC in his account in order to send MSC, I don't really know anything about how it works though.

Either way the MSC address is closed or in the process of being closed for donations, so even if you manage to send your transaction you'll just get it returned.

nick.lambert    

The crowd sale is now closed to MSC, still open for BTC @ 1KHfLixa2idRnZXMUfEisBati1vpywaH6E
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Nick Lambert
www.maidsafe.net
Twitter: @maidsafe

Might be time to try cash out of MSC, but I'd wait for David Irvine's official response that he posted about first..

Nice fake quote newbie. Tits or GTFO.

more or less retired.
mtbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 876

Etherscan.io

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:44:26 PM

I click "send" (near my MSC balance), then I verify the address, fulfill Amount, Fee, and To, and click "Prepare". It says: "Not enough bitcoin funds on addresses" which is false (I should have enough bitcoins to cover the fee, right?)
here the same...
 Angry
Another guy said something about needing 0,015 BTC in his account in order to send MSC, I don't really know anything about how it works though.

Either way the MSC address is closed or in the process of being closed for donations, so even if you manage to send your transaction you'll just get it returned.

nick.lambert    

Nick Lambert
www.maidsafe.net

Might be time to try cash out of MSC, but I'd wait for David Irvine's official response that he posted about first..

MSC deposits looks closed as stated on google groups. The last conversion was a few hours ago.

The BTC deposits are still open though

EtherScan::Ethereum Block Explorer | BlockScan::Coming Soon
Labteck

Activity: 311

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:45:37 PM

3850 btc and growing

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████  █████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████  ██████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████  ███████████████████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
       VIORCOIN[by_conty] ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████  █████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████  ██████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████  ███████████████████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
        Make International Calls
      Cheap and More Secure
RawDog
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 02:45:47 PM

David can't just unilaterally declare the previously promised .2 invalid.  This is complete nonsense.  He will learn a very hard lesson if he doesn't (within 24 hours) withdraw that change to the scheme which was widely advertised and promoted all last week.

So this is an argument which wants a group of people who have equally invested to be given less - to be disadvantaged, for what...?  Why would you want that?  I can't see there being anything fucking 'wrong' that a decent person would object to if;
The rules were clearly stated in good time.  We didn't set those rules.  Whether they were 'fair' or 'unfair' according to you or others doesn't matter.  These were the rules set forth by MaidSafe.  These were the stated terms of the deal.  

Many people relied upon those stated rules.  That reliance upon the rules was proximate cause of the damaged suffered by those who relied upon the rules.  

You can see where this is going.  

What of it Irvine?  You want to comment about this?  

svk31

Activity: 73

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 02:52:05 PM

here the same...
 Angry

nick.lambert    

Nick Lambert
www.maidsafe.net

Nice fake quote newbie. Tits or GTFO.

It's not a fake quote, but it's not from here, it's from the Google forum thread linked earlier in this discussion. Maybe I should have specified that, but you on the other hand could've just asked me where the quote was from instead of being rude.

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/maidsafe-development/9QTj0d2pGPo/YsftjmZs8EMJ
mtbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 876

Etherscan.io

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:52:11 PM

The rules were clearly stated in good time.  We didn't set those rules.  Whether they were 'fair' or 'unfair' according to you or others doesn't matter.  These were the rules set forth by MaidSafe.  These were the stated terms of the deal.  

Many people relied upon those stated rules.  That reliance upon the rules was proximate cause of the damaged suffered by those who relied upon the rules.  

You can see where this is going.  

What of it Irvine?  You want to comment about this?  

I doubt there would be any drastic changes to the crowdfunding rules , because that would literally mean the death of the project before it even gets started

EtherScan::Ethereum Block Explorer | BlockScan::Coming Soon
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: