Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:17:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 [215] 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 ... 486 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014  (Read 1210689 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 09:40:42 PM

Can somebody advice what to do with this XMR case? How many hours still left, 45 right?

Hold or sell XMR and buy BOOL? thanks

Can't advise on XMR, but you should definitely buy and Hodl Rune (formerly BBR). Just look at the bid/asks sheets. They tell you all you need to know. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crypto_zoidberg (OP)

Activity: 976
Merit: 646

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 10:07:43 PM

Just to clear things up, there are two attacks being touted right now.

The Anonymint attack, that might only affect Monero, (As Zoidberg said), apparently Tacotime has been working on a fix for some time.

The BCX attack, which is pure fantasy. If the BCX attack exists, it'll likely effect BBR too, however I am 99% sure that BCX is being the biggest troll here.

Why make a 500 bitcoin bet, when you can steal that amount instead?

Agree, the talks is about two  different attacks. As i said.

But i didn't meand that BBR is not affeted by anonymint attack.
I meant that we already had fixed similar flaw in august, but it's quite different, so we have the same theoretical problem as Monero. The fix of this problem could be worked out in next days/weeks, but - remember, this is very rare conditions, and my personal opinion that this is even not critical to interrapt current development plan.

TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 10:09:52 PM

The Anonymint attack, that might only affect Monero, (As Zoidberg said), apparently Tacotime has been working on a fix for some time.

The BCX attack, which is pure fantasy. If the BCX attack exists, it'll likely effect BBR too, however I am 99% sure that BCX is being the biggest troll here.

I meant that we already had fixed similar flaw in august, but it's quite different, so we have the same theoretical problem as Monero. The fix of this problem could be worked out in next days/weeks, but - remember, this is very rare conditions, and my personal opinion that this is even not critical to interrapt current development plan.

Crypto-zoidberg, please.  The coin is Rune.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
sussex

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 10:13:14 PM

I offered AnonyMint 1/4 th of my BBR stash if he helps BBR in a substantial way with the BCX attack.

Look, early money went into the wrong CN coin and things got into their heads leaving to arrogant denials and manipulations. I wrote a post about a lot of things that the XMR team did wrong and AM requoted it. Back in the day I even thanked smooth and even aminorex for bringing XMR to limelight (BBR wasn't even released back then). I also never meant any harm towards XMR but then the bile flew into the coin and you saw extremely aggressive propaganda compounded with vilification of CZ and tons of other crap.

Not the type of science I grew up appreciating.

I think this is an important post. It took me a while but over time I realized the same thing.

I realized that the arrogance that permeated the culture of XMR has a risk of being its weakness. I also noticed that because "big" money went into XMR early there was a culture of denial. And last, even though I have great respect for some of the XMR dev team, the proof is in the pudding and CZ had just created a much more well oiled machine.

Now, as more and more is coming to light, "bigger" money is starting to move into the better CN technology. And, to a man, the leadership of Rune (formerly known as BBR) wishes no ill will to any of CN coin. However, Rune will make no apologies for the advancements coming down our technological pipeline.

But as this coin develops, we as a community should remain humble. This is a technology the world needs and we have to realize that in a way, when we put all the "money" aside for a moment, we are offering the world and important service and to that end we are servants.

Really?

So windjc, this is how marketing works is it? You change the name despite a lot of opposition, you claim big things in the future, you say you're going to get Rune at the top of google and Bitcrea said yesterday that there would be an announcement.

I was expecting a fanfare, press releases, "hold the front page" kind of stuff. Maybe an item on the OP, maybe even change the logo, but no, that's not how you operate is it? That's not your MO - you do things.... differently.

So instead of a fanfare and front pages, you seem to have slipped the announcement into a little reply to a post that didn't need one.

Very clever. What do you call it? Marketing through invisibility?

#hubris
#inauspicious
Patel
Legendary

Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 10:13:47 PM

Is it really Rune now? Name is worse than before. Sounds like a kiddy game like Runescape or an MMO game where you put runes on your armors

At least Bool represents coding vocabulary
sussex

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 10:13:53 PM

Crypto-zoidberg, please.  The coin is Rune.

Lol, priceless, where's the marketing guy?

Grin
nakaone

Activity: 742

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 10:18:34 PM

Is it really Rune now? Name is worse than before. Sounds like a kiddy game like Runescape or an MMO game where you put runes on your armors

renaming actually does not make any sense at all.

it would be so sad if one of the proper coins fails due to attack and the second one fails due horrible naming.

I hope on wednesday xmr is the same and bbr is still bbr
pinky

Activity: 538

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 10:19:35 PM

Crypto-zoidberg, please.  The coin is Rune.

Lol, priceless, where's the marketing guy?

One more proof that BBR is just working.

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

We are now at fighting stage, sadly only among community Grin

████████████▀████▄████████████████▀███▀████████████████▄█
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀█████████████████████▀████████████████████████████
████████▀▀████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███████
      |                  |                  |            
crypto_zoidberg (OP)

Activity: 976
Merit: 646

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 10:26:10 PM

Crypto-zoidberg, please.  The coin is Rune.
Sorry for that Smiley
We working hard on rebranding right now, since we not changed yet website/logo/first post etc, until we announce it say "officially" let's keep call it BBR, last days, so every one who love this name(including me) could use it, last times Smiley

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 10:28:23 PM

That is why my name is dNote, not duckNote. that is why we have dualism in our icon and that is why Bruce Lee is telling you "don't concentrate on the finger".
With the new encrypted messenger features based on new cryptography the only way for duck was to go Dark.

Now you are talking. I still like you guys. Carry on.

I don't think you ever explained the chess reference though, or did I miss that?
TheFascistMind

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 10:36:17 PM

I really hope you don't name it Rune.

Rune means nothing to most people. It sounds like Ruin. It is not catchy.

I am not an owner of BBR, so please ask your own investors. Just my 2 cents.

Consider Digiberry instead or don't change the name.

BBR is a great currency abbreviation. Easy to remember. "BB" then "R".

The Boolberry logo on the home page looks great.
sussex

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 10:49:15 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2014, 11:53:35 PM by sussex

There's a much bigger problem:

I had assumed that someone had already researched this, but maybe not.

It seems that when you google Rune you get a wikipedia page about runes followed by a ton of Runescape stuff. Fair enough, it would be be difficult to SEO your way above that lot, but it's not a serp killer - we'll just use "rune coin" instead.

Uh oh.

There is already a runecoin (http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Runecoins) and it's more Runescape stuff - how tricky will it be to con the google algo to top that? Runescape has over half a million players.

Not only does this cause a problem (a big one) for SEO, it may upset the makers of runescape (legal stuff?) and it rather destroys a main plank of your arguments that "not many people know about runescape" - well, they soon will because you will be introducing them to each other.

Surely just the fact that rune and runecoin searches throw up a ton of runescape stuff will connect the two in people's minds?

Oh well, nevermind, I expect Runescape will be glad of the extra hits.

Edit:

On closer inspection I see that it's not all runescape stuff, because there seem to be loads of other fantasy role playing games with rune in the title.

tifozi

Merit: 501

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 10:57:53 PM

Hi AnonyMint

Good to see you here Wink

I think the berry side of things is where the initial under reaction was, so I think DigiBerry is not as aspiring. What would you seriously choose as a name for this coin/technology ? (Please no "psstt")
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 11:05:39 PM

It seems that when you google Rune you get a wikipedia page about runes followed by a ton of Runescape stuff. Fair enough, it would be be difficult to SEO your way above that lot, but it's not a serp killer - we'll just use "rune coin" instead.

Uh oh.

There is already a runecoin (http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Runecoins) and it's more Runescape stuff - how tricky will it be to con the google algo to top that? Runescape has over half a million players.

Not only does this cause a problem (a big one) for SEO, it may upset the makers of runescape (legal stuff?) and it rather destroys a main plank of your arguments that "not many people know about runescape" - well, they soon will because you will be introducing them to each other.

When you find me in rare agreement with AnonyMint, that is an exceedingly strong indicator of factual correctness. 

I'm over this shit.

If CZ wants to overrule his community, including those who have been loyal since the beginning, in favor of some RPG faggotry the vast majority of us strongly object to, he can do it without us.

New Elsword Rune Slayer

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
enerbyte

Activity: 556

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 11:28:31 PM

Uh oh.

Surely just the fact that rune and runecoin searches throw up a ton of runescape stuff will connect the two in people's minds?

the difference is clear in Google, Boolberry not need SEO.

View the number of results.

TheFascistMind

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 11:58:02 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2014, 12:10:41 AM by TheFascistMind

Hi AnonyMint

I think the berry side of things is where the initial under reaction was, so I think DigiBerry is not as aspiring. What would you seriously choose as a name for this coin/technology ? (Please no "psstt")

If you were targeting the wide use in social networking, berry is maybe a positive. And digi more understood by laypeople than bool.

If instead you are targeting the Bitcoin investor demographics which are younger, techie males, then something creative that identified with secrecy.

I had a mental lapse on the psst. I think I was thinking hush. I was multitasking and apparently got confused with shh.

chaos
mutex
jumblr
jumblit
tokring

Any good?
tifozi

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 12:31:31 AM

Perhaps a tad negative with their connotations and not really smelling money, if you will.  Smiley

There has got to be something that just clicks and makes everyone fall in love with it and has zoidberg's fancies tickled (he doesn't seem to like the common words)
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 12:32:53 AM

How about Fleence (from Macbeth), or bleen (from whale taxonomy)?

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
tifozi

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 12:51:43 AM

How about Fleence (from Macbeth), or bleen (from whale taxonomy)?

Privacy/Security overtures would go a long way in everyone liking the name  Wink
jd1959

Activity: 529
Merit: 505

I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 12:52:37 AM

Hi AnonyMint

If you were targeting the wide use in social networking, berry is maybe a positive. And digi more understood by laypeople than bool.

If instead you are targeting the Bitcoin investor demographics which are younger, techie males, then something creative that identified with secrecy.

I had a mental lapse on the psst. I think I was thinking hush. I was multitasking and apparently got confused with shh.

chaos
mutex
jumblr
jumblit
tokring

Any good?

Hi Dude or Dudette
As someone who owns BBR/Rune why are you wasting your and our time with your suggestions when you don't hold a stake in this? The Tech Dudes have it under control CZ and co are not the average devs

they are the only ones that I've witnessed actually just get on with it, no announcements of an announcement to create hype. Its just this new feature has been completed please download this update and enjoy.

Personally I love this, I see so many devs with great ideas but unfortunately there ambition exceeds there ability and they are continually under pressure trying to deliver.

Please don't take my comment as an attack of your creditability. If you know any other dev teams with the cred and ability of the BBR/Rune team, please let us all know because they'd likely find a few investors here

that being said peace love & mung beans.

Jon  Wink

dICO Disguised Instant Cash Out
Pages: « 1 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 [215] 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 ... 486 »
  Print  

Jump to: