Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:13:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 [233] 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 ... 486 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014  (Read 1210690 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 08:57:51 PM

Good point. I might have missed the explanation behind keeping it 64 bit. Maybe mbk can assist.

reciprocal_value64 needs __int128 support from compiler.
Sure miner could be made to work without __int128 on 32bit targets, by using 64bit modulus operation, but who uses 32bit systems nowadays?  Roll Eyes I have had 64bit since 2006..

Thanks for the explanation otila, and I agree that 64bit are the norm especially among the geeky miner community.

@tljenson

That just seems to be sour berries on the author's part, although he does have a point or two. Things are moving in the good direction though.  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 09:05:36 PM

HEY GUYS IMPORTANT

This is what they are saying about us. We need to get our shit together!!

Small community. The core of popularity of each coin, and therefore its profitability is based on the engagement of the community. Creators of Boolberry seem to forget about it. It is not easy to convince big amount of people to your idea, even if you refine your marketing strategies to perfection. In this case, they are not even close. Bad marketing strategies, blurry communication, poor forum support, showing their concerns on every step – this are the signs that the whole think was not thought well. Plus that my grandma has more likes on Facebook.

Some more bad things about us. TIME TO GET OUR SHIT TOGETHER

Here is the link http://www.cryptobang.com/2014/09/17/boolberry-what-is-that/

TIME TO GET OUR SHIT TOGETHER!

Thanks for the post.

90% of that article is nothing but positive things about BBR.

And the criticism above I would mainly agree with. But these "marketing strategies" and "community engagement" issues are exactly what is changing with this coin. Of course, it can't happen over night. But it can happen over the next weeks and months. And it will. It's all about planning and execution. Which we will do.
tljenson

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 09:09:12 PM

HEY GUYS IMPORTANT

Small community. The core of popularity of each coin, and therefore its profitability is based on the engagement of the community. Creators of Boolberry seem to forget about it. It is not easy to convince big amount of people to your idea, even if you refine your marketing strategies to perfection. In this case, they are not even close. Bad marketing strategies, blurry communication, poor forum support, showing their concerns on every step – this are the signs that the whole think was not thought well. Plus that my grandma has more likes on Facebook.

Thanks for the post.

And the criticism above I would mainly agree with. But these "marketing strategies" and "community engagement" issues are exactly what is changing with this coin. Of course, it can't happen overnight. But it can happen over the next weeks and months. And it will. It's all about planning and execution. Which we will do.

I would agree, its what we decide to make it. You for example I have a lot of hope for; your the only one I know of that is really trying to make a difference. You've kept your cool through this whole naming fiasco. You seem to be on good terms with the Dev. We just need 10 of you  Smiley.

This coin HAS NO EXCUSE, the technology is there, it just a matter of marketing and a strong community.
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 09:15:35 PM

HEY GUYS IMPORTANT

Thanks for the post.

And the criticism above I would mainly agree with. But these "marketing strategies" and "community engagement" issues are exactly what is changing with this coin. Of course, it can't happen overnight. But it can happen over the next weeks and months. And it will. It's all about planning and execution. Which we will do.

I would agree, its what we decide to make it. You for example I have a lot of hope for; your the only one I know that is really trying to make a difference. You've kept your cool through this whole naming fiasco. You seem to be on good terms with the Dev.

This coin HAS NO EXCUSE, the technology is there, it just a matter of marketing and a strong community.

Thank you. I appreciate that. And you are right. This coin has no excuse. We will get the name settled once and for all shortly, start with our first major fundraiser, and be on our way on a brand new path. Its not going to take much to start creating some buy pressure on the market and once the price starts to head north again, it will make it that much easier to recruit excited people to our community. Plus, the SuperNet wallet is primed to introduce BBR to hundreds of new users immediately. I could go on and on, but talk is cheap. We just need to get it done. Smiley

criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 09:49:20 PM

hi everyone,
im rather a silent investor im bbr, but i really like how the naming process is done now.
much more transparent and way more community integration.

this will be a strong basis for the future.

btw. i was thinking of a name in direction of latin or greek too.
need to research a bit more Smiley

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
visual111

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 12:27:27 AM

has dingleberry been suggested?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

INTRODUCING WAVES
ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM

dgmon

Activity: 438
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 01:00:23 AM

Therefore, the community started asking a lot of questions, such as: “when you stop working will you still get the 5 percent or less? Can this ‘less’ mean ‘zero’?” If another developer takes your place will you still collect the 5 percent or less and the new developer get additional 5 percent or less taxes, effectively now 10 percent at most? Will anyone wish to invest their money in a coin that even the creators does not know what money to take out of it?

Well, I would like to know the answer to this.

As for the naming issue, it does not appear that there is consensus on a name change (looking at the unofficial poll).  I suggest a moratorium on the issue (no discussion about it in this thread, no possible renaming of the coin) for 6 months.
sonoIO

Activity: 209

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 01:51:45 AM

Good point. I might have missed the explanation behind keeping it 64 bit. Maybe mbk can assist.

Sure miner could be made to work without __int128 on 32bit targets, by using 64bit modulus operation, but who uses 32bit systems nowadays?  Roll Eyes I have had 64bit since 2006..

There are quite of those machines in the developing world i suppose
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 01:53:50 AM

Therefore, the community started asking a lot of questions, such as: “when you stop working will you still get the 5 percent or less? Can this ‘less’ mean ‘zero’?” If another developer takes your place will you still collect the 5 percent or less and the new developer get additional 5 percent or less taxes, effectively now 10 percent at most? Will anyone wish to invest their money in a coin that even the creators does not know what money to take out of it?

Well, I would like to know the answer to this.

As for the naming issue, it does not appear that there is consensus on a name change (looking at the unofficial poll).  I suggest a moratorium on the issue (no discussion about it in this thread, no possible renaming of the coin) for 6 months.

I have heard some other people saying they would like clarification on some of these points as well. I will speak with CZ and make sure we get something out with our schedule of updates and releases detailing all this. As many more people are likely going to be joining the BBR community soon, its important that we as a community provide clear and concise information on all things BBR related.
Hotmetal

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 09:23:14 AM

I have heard some other people saying they would like clarification on some of these points as well. I will speak with CZ and make sure we get something out with our schedule of updates and releases detailing all this. As many more people are likely going to be joining the BBR community soon, its important that we as a community provide clear and concise information on all things BBR related.

That is great news. The sooner its sorted out (one way or the other), the sooner BBR can take over the world. amirite?
mitache365

Activity: 731

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 01:00:19 PM

who is putting this big buy orders ? Smiley

BTC
dvdrewritable

Activity: 280
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 02:05:43 PM

There aren't that many huge buy orders now, so that will just be observant accumulators are trying to lock their orders in, in anticipation.
I would fully expect the buy orders to rise in the coming weeks considering it's still grossly undervalued.

I'm personally waiting for some funds to be freed up.

But I suppose it's still attractive to notice that XMR buy support is only 3% of total current supply, whilst BBR is at 20%.

▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     I  D  Ξ  A  O  L  O  G  Y     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄
SUPPORT BRIGHT IDEAS THROUGH CROWDFUNDING
Follow us on:  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram  |  Medium  |  Youtube
S3MKi
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 03:29:20 PM

klee Wink
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 04:05:51 PM

klee Wink
no, really
dga

Activity: 737
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 05:36:15 PM

Doesn't matter in practice - for mining, no older 32 bit machine will be energy profitable, even at developing world energy costs.

It's more important for the wallet, but even that's probably stretching it a little.

jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1103

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 05:42:02 PM

Doesn't matter in practice - for mining, no older 32 bit machine will be energy profitable, even at developing world energy costs.

It's more important for the wallet, but even that's probably stretching it a little.

I just happen to be using one of the premade mining distros (PiMP in this case), and apparently they chose to build it from 32 bit debian. The processor is a quad-core AMD. I haven't had any problems building bfgminer 4.7, several sph-sgminer varieties, or lucasjones cpuminer-multi (which can mine with all four cores of course). It's not a big deal, I was just trying to figure out what the problem was.
sonoIO

Activity: 209

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 06:42:57 PM
Last edit: September 28, 2014, 09:10:13 PM by sonoIO

Sure miner could be made to work without __int128 on 32bit targets, by using 64bit modulus operation, but who uses 32bit systems nowadays?  Roll Eyes I have had 64bit since 2006..

A lot more machines could run daemon and wallet e.g. from bootable USB with hardened OS and maybe VPN supplement, such as Tails. Wouldn't be good to exclude anyone, and it will make a difference on the network value if developing world is waited for 1-3 years while they renew machines. Now the daemon could be run and they will renew eventually, quicker if they find a need
twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 07:39:47 PM

expectations of this coin? thanks Smiley
mitache365

Activity: 731

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 08:46:05 PM

expectations of this coin? thanks Smiley

north!

BTC
dga

Activity: 737
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 08:58:23 PM

I just happen to be using one of the premade mining distros (PiMP in this case), and apparently they chose to build it from 32 bit debian. The processor is a quad-core AMD. I haven't had any problems building bfgminer 4.7, several sph-sgminer varieties, or lucasjones cpuminer-multi (which can mine with all four cores of course). It's not a big deal, I was just trying to figure out what the problem was.

For the CPU, one of the core optimizations requires a 64 bit operation (actually, two) in every step of the inner loop.  You could remove this optimization, but it would further place you at a disadvantage.

XMR has a similar optimization in it that also makes 32 bit ugly.

(Both use 64 bit multiply-high operations.  BBR also uses a standard 64x64->64 multiply.)

In some ways, this is actually more about the design of the PoW for each of these:  They were specifically designed to use 64 bit operations on modern CPUs to reduce the advantage of GPUs and ASICs.

Pages: « 1 ... 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 [233] 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 ... 486 »
  Print  

Jump to: