Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:46:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 [226] 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 ... 486 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014  (Read 1210690 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 10:23:54 PM

You are free to post here with your opinions about anything Sussex. Personally, I would prefer if you refrained from making personal attacks on anybody, including myself. But I know, in my experience, that is sometimes too much to ask with some people.

Brilliant, thanks very much.  Grin

I VOTE RUNE!

EDIT:

I don't think any of you are idiots, you just maybe got a little too involved in your own visions and forgot about the rest of us - a little bit.

Peace.

EDIT EDIT:

I've deleted the post on the other thread.

Peace. Peace.

Peace. It's all good. Smiley  

And feel free to add me on skype - I think I sent you via PM?  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 11:05:17 PM

...lulzy raging...

there should not be any silver/gold/palladium tags painted on anything. It is only you who has kept bringing it up even after being objected to.

I'm responding to the objection.  That's how a discussion works.   Wink

The BBR:Palladium::XMR:Platinum::XDN:Silver tags are painted on by their coin supplies, in order of rarest to most abundant.

And as long as your are speaking for windjc, please explain why he's the only one out of the JL777/CZ/TFM BBR group who can't get along with Team Monero.

Please also confirm that the timing of the DarkNote relaunch and market cap explosion with BBR's rebranding initiative is merely coincidence.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 11:09:23 PM

Please also confirm that the timing of the DarkNote relaunch and market cap explosion with BBR's rebranding initiative is merely coincidence.

What do you think the connection is? Genuinely curious because I never saw them as related at all. What's the real story?

tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 11:19:23 PM

...lulzy raging...

there should not be any silver/gold/palladium tags painted on anything. It is only you who has kept bringing it up even after being objected to.

I'm responding to the objection.  That's how a discussion works.   Wink

The BBR:Palladium::XMR:Platinum::XDN:Silver tags are painted on by their coin supplies, in order of rarest to most abundant.

And as long as your are speaking for windjc, please explain why he's the only one out of the JL777/CZ/TFM BBR group who can't get along with Team Monero.

I am not speaking for windjc and I don't know or care what his connection is to Team Monero.

If BBR is more rare, what are you doing to bring awareness and let people know about the current marketcap anomaly ?

What has this coin got to do anything with DarkNotes?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 11:29:27 PM

What do you think the connection is? Genuinely curious because I never saw them as related at all. What's the real story?

I'm trying to explain the sudden take-no-prisoners brook-no-dissent scorched-earth push for a rebrand.

It didn't make sense to me; the pros massively outweigh the cons in my own as well as many other reasonable peoples' decision calculus.

Then I came late the the DarkNote party and noticed its market cap has recently flown past BBR's.

The connection to JL777's hype and pump machine and windjc offer a plausible explanation for the mysterious motivation behind Team Rune.

I don't think CZ cares, but the pushy short-term profit seekers may be a bit jelly of XDN's ascent and wish to try their hand at starting a rebrand fueled rally.

It won't work for two reasons.  First, DarkNote is a million times better than the old name.  Second, the rebrand came with a relaunch of a souped-up coin with cool new features.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 11:32:54 PM

I'm trying to explain the sudden take-no-prisoners brook-no-dissent scorched-earth push for a rebrand.

It didn't make sense to me; the pros massively outweigh the cons in my own as well as many other reasonable peoples' decision calculus.

Then I came late the the DarkNote party and noticed its market cap has recently flown past BBR's.

The connection to JL777's hype and pump machine and windjc offer a plausible explanation for the mysterious motivation behind Team Rune.

I don't think CZ cares, but the pushy short-term profit seekers may be a bit jelly of XDN's ascent and wish to try their hand at starting a rebrand fueled rally.

It won't work for two reasons.  First, DarkNote is a million times better than the old name.  Second, the rebrand came with a relaunch of a souped-up coin with cool new features.

So your problem is that the price of this coin may go up, is that correct?
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1103

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 11:44:58 PM

First, DarkNote is a million times better than the old name. 

I know this is the BBR thread (until such time as renaming actually commences), so I don't mean to wend off-topic, but I have to disagree. It's such an obvious ripoff of darkcoin, and not only that, it follows such a long line of ripoffs of darkcoin that are just garbage: bitcoindark (sorry jl777), litecoindark, darkblock, darktoken, dogecoindark, etc ad nauseum, that I feel like it obscures the nice new features and portrays more as just another cheap ripoff.
twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 11:49:13 PM

I know this is bool thread, but honest opinion.. XMR or BOOL?
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1103

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 11:58:21 PM

twistelaar
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 12:01:30 AM

there was this attack going on right? you know more already? I sold my XMR and bought BOOL because of that attack
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 12:05:07 AM

BBR has several advantages currently.

The developer CZ reworked a lot of the code in the beginning so that the entire "engine" runs smoother and is updated and enhanced more quickly.  That is why BBR has been ahead of XMR in development, despite less initial donations and resources.

There is a lot that can't be talked about in detail at the moment, but there are some very exciting technical developments in the works and even more in the pipeline.

Also, unlike XMR, BBR has never had any marketing. That is the main reason that it has 1/14 the market cap of XMR, while actually being technologically superior.

However, BBR is developing a marketing group - comprised of original and new community members. Extensive fundraising announcements are being planned that will allow us to promote and develop BBR on an entirely different scale.

From a purely technical trading perspective, BBR is in a consolidation phase with huge bid support. Downside risk is minimal, while upside potential is at least the 14x it would take to have same market cap as XMR.

My advice would be to buy a little of both and watch this thread closely. I think it will become obvious in the next couple of weeks where the best investment lies.
twistelaar
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 12:15:04 AM

The developer CZ reworked a lot of the code in the beginning so that the entire "engine" runs smoother and is updated and enhanced more quickly.  That is why BBR has been ahead of XMR in development, despite less initial donations and resources.

There is a lot that can't be talked about in detail at the moment, but there are some very exciting technical developments in the works and even more in the pipeline.

Also, unlike XMR, BBR has never had any marketing. That is the main reason that it has 1/14 the market cap of XMR, while actually being technologically superior.

However, BBR is developing a marketing group - comprised of original and new community members. Extensive fundraising announcements are being planned that will allow us to promote and develop BBR on an entirely different scale.

From a purely technical trading perspective, BBR is in a consolidation phase with huge bid support. Downside risk is minimal, while upside potential is at least the 14x it would take to have same market cap as XMR.

My advice would be to buy a little of both and watch this thread closely. I think it will become obvious in the next couple of weeks where the best investment lies.

Thanks for the information, short clear and very understandable. Much appreciated Smiley
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 12:43:03 AM

So your problem is that the price of this coin may go up, is that correct?

No, that's incorrect.

Because JL777's poll is trending heavily towards 'no name change' I just re-bought the BBR stack I rage-dumped yesterday.

I want the three best CN coins to first dominate crypto-space, then the world!   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 01:08:10 AM

My advice is also to buy a little of both.  And then keep doing it.

But for somewhat different reasons than windjc's.

I see BBR as a great hedge and leveraged play on XMR.  CZ has proven his innovative crypto skillz and can keep his coin safe in the event of attacks.

BBR's smaller market cap offers more upside, while its smaller coin supply creates a tighter market.  BBR is more scare, but cheaper because it's not yet been swallowed up in vast quantities by whales.

Both coins' "engines" just fine on my 16GB 12-core i7.  Neither had had any official marketing efforts (XMR is waiting until their Official Wallet and DB are done).

At this point both platforms are solid enough to start the race for a killer app.  But XDN leapfrogged both of them with its anon msg feature, so they better move fast to build out their economies beyond pure speculation.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 01:43:29 AM

My advice is also to buy a little of both.  And then keep doing it.

But for somewhat different reasons than windjc's.

I see BBR as a great hedge and leveraged play on XMR.  CZ has proven his innovative crypto skillz and can keep his coin safe in the event of attacks.

BBR's smaller market cap offers more upside, while its smaller coin supply creates a tighter market.  BBR is more scare, but cheaper because it's not yet been swallowed up in vast quantities by whales.

Both coins' "engines" just fine on my 16GB 12-core i7.  Neither had had any official marketing efforts (XMR is waiting until their Official Wallet and DB are done).

At this point both platforms are solid enough to start the race for a killer app.  But XDN leapfrogged both of them with its anon msg feature, so they better move fast to build out their economies beyond pure speculation.

Good points. Although, I wouldn't call BBR a "hedge." Its just a smart investment looking at the other choices.  BBR will survive on its own even if XMR survives.

I do, however, think most people completely miss the implications of BBR being the selected CryptoNote currency for SuperNet. Supernet is primed to become a huge community of crypto enthusiasts sharing the latest and greatest crypto technologies. Everything from private betting to instantaneous transaction in decentralized marketplaces like the Nxt Asset exchange, means that BBR will be the coin of choice when wanting to complete purely anonymous transactions. As SuperNet has the potential to be used by 1000s or 10000s of crypto enthusiasts in the short term (long term plans for BBR are more for non-crypto mass adoption) this partnership is "killer app" like in its utility.

Anonymous transactions will be included in these shared technologies, so I dont think XDN has leapfrogged anyone. Its one thing to have a technology. Its an entirely other situation to have the technology and a user base eager to adopt it.

TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 01:44:48 AM

If boolberry wins, and defeats the old name of boolberry, I suggest the following:

A short, cute nickname for the coin:

Easier to use in a sentence  (written/spoken/heard) than "boolberry".
A cute memory device recalling fond memories of the name boolberry.
An in-joke/badge for "founders" and old-timers, like "you don't even know what it means, but I do"  (kind of like, "I have more posts than you do, so I'm better/my opinion counts more/etc")
A hook for people who like new things.

See, the short, cute nickname has something to offer everyone.

So, without further ado, I give you the new short, cute nickname for boolberry (formerly known as boolberry):

boy

Like a boy, it is short and cute.
It will be fun for some users to say, "I like boys".
It will be fun for some non-users to hear users say, "I like boys".
Instant mass sales to NAMBLA members (including imprisoned ones).
Promotes diversity and civil rights for all.
Instant mass sales to Boy Scouts and Boy Scout leaders (including imprisoned ones).
<insert your Catholic Church/Joe Paterno joke here>

boy

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
sussex

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 01:47:01 AM

If boolberry wins, and defeats the old name of boolberry, I suggest the following:

A short, cute nickname for the coin:

Easier to use in a sentence  (written/spoken/heard) than "boolberry".
A cute memory device recalling fond memories of the name boolberry.
An in-joke/badge for "founders" and old-timers, like "you don't even know what it means, but I do"  (kind of like, "I have more posts than you do, so I'm better/my opinion counts more/etc")
A hook for people who like new things.

See, the short, cute nickname has something to offer everyone.

So, without further ado, I give you the new short, cute nickname for boolberry (formerly known as boolberry):

boy

Like a boy, it is short and cute.
It will be fun for some users to say, "I like boys".
It will be fun for some non-users to hear users say, "I like boys".
Instant mass sales to NAMBLA members (including imprisoned ones).
Promotes diversity and civil rights for all.
Instant mass sales to Boy Scouts and Boy Scout leaders (including imprisoned ones).
<insert your Catholic Church/Joe Paterno joke here>

boy

Nurse!!
slapper
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1096

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 01:47:16 AM
Last edit: September 24, 2014, 02:25:36 AM by slapper

The BBR:Palladium::XMR:Platinum

How is BBR Palladium when it is rare(r)/undervalued?

Who the fuck comes up with this kind of shit and why? Never heard anyone else come up with this kinda garbage. Are you subservient by nature and expect others to be like you?

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 01:55:30 AM

most people completely miss the implications of BBR being the selected CryptoNote currency for SuperNet. Supernet is primed to become a huge community of crypto enthusiasts sharing the latest and greatest crypto technologies. Everything from private betting to instantaneous transaction in decentralized marketplaces like the Nxt Asset exchange, means that BBR will be the coin of choice when wanting to complete purely anonymous transactions. As SuperNet has the potential to be used by 1000s or 10000s of crypto enthusiasts in the short term (long term plans for BBR are more for non-crypto mass adoption) this partnership is "killer app" like in its utility.

Anonymous transactions will be included in these shared technologies, so I dont think XDN has leapfrogged anyone. Its one thing to have a technology. Its an entirely other situation to have the technology and a user base eager to adopt it.

Sorry but I don't share you and 777's vision for Supernet, Nxt, and all that overcomplicated Rube Goldberg hoopla.  It's a beautiful theory but I don't see it coming to fruition.

BBR will succeed or fail on its own merits, not those of another party.

XDN's anon msg feature leapfrogged other CN coins by offering genuinely novel functionality in addition to anon token transfers.  That's why its market cap correspondingly leapfrogged BBR's.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 02:16:35 AM

most people completely miss the implications of BBR being the selected CryptoNote currency for SuperNet. Supernet is primed to become a huge community of crypto enthusiasts sharing the latest and greatest crypto technologies. Everything from private betting to instantaneous transaction in decentralized marketplaces like the Nxt Asset exchange, means that BBR will be the coin of choice when wanting to complete purely anonymous transactions. As SuperNet has the potential to be used by 1000s or 10000s of crypto enthusiasts in the short term (long term plans for BBR are more for non-crypto mass adoption) this partnership is "killer app" like in its utility.

Sorry but I don't share you and 777's vision for Supernet, Nxt, and all that overcomplicated Rube Goldberg hoopla.  It's a beautiful theory but I don't see it coming to fruition.

BBR will succeed or fail on its own merits, not those of another party.

XDN's anon msg feature leapfrogged other CN coins by offering genuinely novel functionality in addition to anon token transfers.  That's why its market cap correspondingly leapfrogged BBR's.

Well, we can agree to disagree Smiley Btw, having 3rd party developers create applications for a crypto (ie the bitcoin eco system) is a major component in adoption and utility. If a coin is attractive to 3rd party developers, its a VERY good sign. Expecting core developers to create all the "cool" stuff is pie in the sky, imo.

But having said that BBR has the best CN developer in the world currently, so I'm "hedged" if I'm wrong about all the other stuff.

And a "feature" and a market cap "pump" doesn't make long term value. Adoption does. Market cap is a marathon, not a sprint. Many traders treat it as the opposite.
Pages: « 1 ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 [226] 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 ... 486 »
  Print  

Jump to: