Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:18:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 ... 486 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014  (Read 1210691 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dga

Activity: 737
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 03:01:31 PM

All pools I checked have 0 hashrate.. It seems BBR is mined only by people with lots of resources. With probability to mine for days until founding a block... there is no point trying

extremepool.org address is http://boolberry.extremepool.org/ - it has 180kh/s and had found block 8 days ago...

Frankly it seems BBR is mined only from few people with big resources. That alone explains why mid and low-power miners go away or don't even try it. Big fish eats all the food.

Eh - I mine BBR at home on 5x Intel Haswell CPUs (a mix of i7-4770s, e3, and i7-4790s).  I get a block every 2 days or so.  This isn't tiny, but I don't have a huge farm either.  You just have to be willing to accept the variance.

But try bbr.farm -- they're at 180mh/s (!).  Just a quick check shows:  Block Found: 7 minutes ago

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 03:31:13 PM

Just got around to taking a proper look at CryptoNote and specifically Boolberry.

My conclusion is... it's all about the Boolberry!  Cool

CPU mining is working great at Digital Ocean

Most of you will probably already know that you can get $10 free cloud mining with Promotional Code: SSD2014 or OMGSSD10  Grin

You will need to use the 1 GB RAM / 1 CPU instance, as a 512 MB RAM instance will truncate when you run minerd.

Once you have created a droplet and logged in via SSH / PuTTY (for windows) copy / paste into the terminal...

Code:
sudo apt-get update

Code:
sudo apt-get install libjansson-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev libncurses5-dev pkg-config automake yasm git make

Code:
git clone https://github.com/cryptozoidberg/cpuminer-multi

Code:
cd cpuminer-multi

Code:
./autogen.sh

Code:
./configure CFLAGS="-O3"

Code:
make

Code:
apt-get install screen

Code:
screen

Using 'screen' allows you to run a separate and virtual (desktop) screen for mining. Just hit the space bar twice to return to the command prompt.

Code:
./minerd -a wildkeccak -o stratum+tcp://bbr.farm:7777 -u YOUR BBR WALLET ADDRESS -p x -P -D -t 1 -k http://bbr.farm/download/scratchpad.bin

Minerd should now start mining. You can of course use port 5555 (instead of port 7777) if your server instance has more than 1 CPU. Changing the -t value to the appropriate number of CPU threads.

- You must use (press and hold) CTRL + A + D to get out of the screen session. Then type exit and press enter to close the terminal, although continuing mining Boolberry.

If you log back in to the terminal type: screen -r and enter to check that your still mining Boolberry.

If you need to stop mining Boolberry type: sudo killall minerd and press enter.

To restart mining type / repeat only steps:

Code:
cd cpuminer-multi

Code:
screen

Code:
./minerd -a wildkeccak -o stratum+tcp://bbr.farm:7777 -u YOUR BBR WALLET ADDRESS -p x -P -D -t 1 -k http://bbr.farm/download/scratchpad.bin

Finally, I have a graphical guide here: http://darkproxy.eu/darkcoin-cpu-cloud-mining-guide.php that I posted for darkcoin - when CPU mining was just about still relevant.

N.B. DigitalOcean Singapore servers are closer to http://bbr.farm pool (for reduced latency) and Ubuntu 14.04 x64 LTS should be your chosen OS.

- Trying to make myself useful and increase / spread the hash rate. Thanks!

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
cubydu

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 03:40:45 PM

Why are you mining bbr ? Now bbr has high diff and low price.  I want to believe in Boolberry but ...
I can't see marketing and PR support. 

BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 03:52:46 PM

Why are you mining bbr ? Now bbr has high diff and low price.  I want to believe in Boolberry but ...
I can't see marketing and PR support.  

I learned some time ago now (and the hard way), that if everything is mostly good from an innovation and technical perspective - that the rest (marketing, mass adoption and investment etc.) will probably follow, although not for sure ofc.

Boolberry is some what leagues ahead in terms of privacy and other technical features, when compared to some other coins that are claiming to have these features. I also really like the name. It reminds me of when I used to tell people about Bitcoin and they would say Bitwhat?

Alt. coins should be Alternative !

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
btc-mike

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:04:50 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2014, 07:54:57 PM by btc-mike

BOOLBERRY NEWS

A lot has happened recently and I wanted to recap in case you miss anything.

!!!! Critical update !!!! - Fixed bug in GUI Wallet! Please update GUI to v0.2.0.28(9fda647) !!!!!

1) Fixed bug in wallet. Please be sure you have the newest version.

2) BBR now has an open-source GPU miner. The miner conforms to the OpenCL standard allowing it to work on both AMD and Nvidia cards. It only allows for solo mining at this time but we will have it on the pools shortly.

3) We released a presentation last week addressing one of the points that makes BBR's anonymity better than all other CryptoNote coins.

4) Clintar updated the pool code. All of the updates to zone117x's CryptoNote pool code have been merged into Boolberry's pool code. Those updates are available here- https://github.com/clintar/node-cryptonote-pool

5) Released the Mac version of the Official GUI Wallet.

6) CPUminer-multi development continues. We will be releasing an update soon that gives more a 30% increase in hashrate.
PVmining

Activity: 330
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:21:36 PM

hi guys,
   is there somebody so kind to help me?
I tried the last few days and wasted a lot of time but I could not compile mbk's miner on linux.
Would be happy about every little hint to the right solution.

here it starts to go wrong while compiling:
[ 17%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/currency_core.dir/currency_core/OCL_Device.cpp.o
/opt/miners/boolberry-opencl/src/currency_core/OCL_Device.cpp: In member function ‘void OCL_Device::CHECK_OPENCL_ERROR(cl_int)’:
/opt/miners/boolberry-opencl/src/currency_core/OCL_Device.cpp:385:8: error: ‘CL_COMPILE_PROGRAM_FAILURE’ was not declared in this scope
   case CL_COMPILE_PROGRAM_FAILURE:
        ^
/opt/miners/boolberry-opencl/src/currency_core/OCL_Device.cpp:387:8: error: ‘CL_LINKER_NOT_AVAILABLE’ was not declared in this scope
   case CL_LINKER_NOT_AVAILABLE:

complete make log.
Code:
root@kopiemtu:/opt/miners/boolberry-opencl# make
mkdir -p build/release
cd build/release && cmake -D CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release ../..
-- OpenCL: Searching in custom location
-- Looking for CL_VERSION_1_0
-- Looking for CL_VERSION_1_0 - found
-- Looking for CL_VERSION_1_1
-- Looking for CL_VERSION_1_1 - found
-- Looking for CL_VERSION_1_2
-- Looking for CL_VERSION_1_2 - not found
-- Found OpenCL: /usr/local/cuda/include (found version "1.1")
-- Looking for include file pthread.h
-- Looking for include file pthread.h - found
-- Looking for pthread_create
-- Looking for pthread_create - not found
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthreads
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthreads - not found
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthread
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthread - found
-- Found Threads: TRUE
-- Boost version: 1.55.0
-- Found the following Boost libraries:
--   system
--   filesystem
--   thread
--   date_time
--   chrono
--   regex
--   serialization
--   atomic
--   program_options
-- Found Git: /usr/bin/git
-- Found PythonInterp: /usr/bin/python (found version "2.7.5")
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /opt/miners/boolberry-opencl/build/release
cd build/release && make
make[1]: Entering directory `/opt/miners/boolberry-opencl/build/release'
make[2]: Entering directory `/opt/miners/boolberry-opencl/build/release'
make[3]: Entering directory `/opt/miners/boolberry-opencl/build/release'
Scanning dependencies of target version
make[3]: Leaving directory `/opt/miners/boolberry-opencl/build/release'
fatal: No names found, cannot describe anything.
CMake Warning at src/version.cmake:3 (message):
  Cannot determine current revision.  Make sure that you are building either
  from a Git working tree or from a source archive.

[  0%] Built target version
Scanning dependencies of target upnpc-static
[  1%] Building C object contrib/miniupnpc/CMakeFiles/upnpc-static.dir/igd_desc_parse.c.o
[  2%] Building C object contrib/miniupnpc/CMakeFiles/upnpc-static.dir/miniupnpc.c.o
[  3%] Building C object contrib/miniupnpc/CMakeFiles/upnpc-static.dir/minixml.c.o
[  4%] Building C object contrib/miniupnpc/CMakeFiles/upnpc-static.dir/minisoap.c.o
[  5%] Building C object contrib/miniupnpc/CMakeFiles/upnpc-static.dir/miniwget.c.o
[  6%] Building C object contrib/miniupnpc/CMakeFiles/upnpc-static.dir/upnpc.c.o
[  7%] Building C object contrib/miniupnpc/CMakeFiles/upnpc-static.dir/upnpcommands.c.o
[  8%] Building C object contrib/miniupnpc/CMakeFiles/upnpc-static.dir/upnpreplyparse.c.o
[  9%] Building C object contrib/miniupnpc/CMakeFiles/upnpc-static.dir/upnperrors.c.o
[ 10%] Building C object contrib/miniupnpc/CMakeFiles/upnpc-static.dir/connecthostport.c.o
[ 11%] Building C object contrib/miniupnpc/CMakeFiles/upnpc-static.dir/portlistingparse.c.o
[ 12%] Building C object contrib/miniupnpc/CMakeFiles/upnpc-static.dir/receivedata.c.o
[ 13%] Building C object contrib/miniupnpc/CMakeFiles/upnpc-static.dir/minissdpc.c.o
Linking C static library libminiupnpc.a
[ 13%] Built target upnpc-static
Scanning dependencies of target common
[ 14%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/common.dir/common/base58.cpp.o
[ 15%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/common.dir/common/command_line.cpp.o
[ 16%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/common.dir/common/util.cpp.o
Linking CXX static library libcommon.a
[ 16%] Built target common
Scanning dependencies of target currency_core
[ 17%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/currency_core.dir/currency_core/OCL_Device.cpp.o
/opt/miners/boolberry-opencl/src/currency_core/OCL_Device.cpp: In member function ‘void OCL_Device::CHECK_OPENCL_ERROR(cl_int)’:
/opt/miners/boolberry-opencl/src/currency_core/OCL_Device.cpp:385:8: error: ‘CL_COMPILE_PROGRAM_FAILURE’ was not declared in this scope
   case CL_COMPILE_PROGRAM_FAILURE:
        ^
/opt/miners/boolberry-opencl/src/currency_core/OCL_Device.cpp:387:8: error: ‘CL_LINKER_NOT_AVAILABLE’ was not declared in this scope
   case CL_LINKER_NOT_AVAILABLE:
        ^
/opt/miners/boolberry-opencl/src/currency_core/OCL_Device.cpp:389:8: error: ‘CL_LINK_PROGRAM_FAILURE’ was not declared in this scope
   case CL_LINK_PROGRAM_FAILURE:
        ^
/opt/miners/boolberry-opencl/src/currency_core/OCL_Device.cpp:391:8: error: ‘CL_DEVICE_PARTITION_FAILED’ was not declared in this scope
   case CL_DEVICE_PARTITION_FAILED:
        ^
/opt/miners/boolberry-opencl/src/currency_core/OCL_Device.cpp:393:8: error: ‘CL_KERNEL_ARG_INFO_NOT_AVAILABLE’ was not declared in this scope
   case CL_KERNEL_ARG_INFO_NOT_AVAILABLE:
        ^
/opt/miners/boolberry-opencl/src/currency_core/OCL_Device.cpp:466:8: error: ‘CL_INVALID_IMAGE_DESCRIPTOR’ was not declared in this scope
   case CL_INVALID_IMAGE_DESCRIPTOR:
        ^
/opt/miners/boolberry-opencl/src/currency_core/OCL_Device.cpp:468:8: error: ‘CL_INVALID_COMPILER_OPTIONS’ was not declared in this scope
   case CL_INVALID_COMPILER_OPTIONS:
        ^
/opt/miners/boolberry-opencl/src/currency_core/OCL_Device.cpp:470:8: error: ‘CL_INVALID_LINKER_OPTIONS’ was not declared in this scope
   case CL_INVALID_LINKER_OPTIONS:
        ^
/opt/miners/boolberry-opencl/src/currency_core/OCL_Device.cpp:472:8: error: ‘CL_INVALID_DEVICE_PARTITION_COUNT’ was not declared in this scope
   case CL_INVALID_DEVICE_PARTITION_COUNT:
        ^
make[3]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/currency_core.dir/currency_core/OCL_Device.cpp.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/currency_core.dir/all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/opt/miners/boolberry-opencl/build/release'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/miners/boolberry-opencl/build/release'
make: *** [build-release] Error 2

system
Code:
Ubuntu 13.10 (GNU/Linux 3.11.0-20-generic x86_64)
tried with cuda 5.5 and cuda 6.0 toolkit

path's
Code:
declare -x OPENCL_ROOT="/usr/local/cuda/"
declare -x PATH="/usr/local/cuda/bin:..."
declare -x LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/cuda/lib64:/lib"

Mabey I just make a stupid mistake... but I did not get it by myself... so thanks, if you red this so far  Wink
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:29:48 PM

Was it decided that Boolberry will be the permanent name?
otila

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 06:09:57 PM

Some more speedups for cpuminer, 108% speedup on Core i5-2500K (4-core).
If your L3 cache is bigger than current scratchpad size, the main optimization (prefetch data-to-be-XORed) does not help very much.
https://github.com/otila/cpuminer-multi.git

Remember that with donations you can encourage developers to contribute more code and fixes!
clintar

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 06:49:33 PM

BOOLBERRY NEWS

A lot has happened recently and I wanted to recap in case you miss anything.

!!!! Critical update !!!! - Fixed bug in GUI Wallet! Please update GUI to v0.2.0.28(9fda647) !!!!!

4) Clintar updated the pool code. All of the updates to zone117x's CryptoNote pool code have been merged into Boolberry's pool code. Those updates are available here- https://github.com/clintar/node-boolberry-pool

https://github.com/clintar/node-cryptonote-pool might be better. I started with node-cryptonote-pool as a base and I think things are better that way. I'll try to keep that one updated, but my time is limited, and it still needs some good testing.
btc-mike

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 08:20:16 PM

hi guys,
   is there somebody so kind to help me?
I tried the last few days and wasted a lot of time but I could not compile mbk's miner on linux.
Would be happy about every little hint to the right solution...

getting the following error compiling cpuminer on both ubuntu 12.04 and 14.04...

Ask in the GPU thread. mbk seams to be watching that thread.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=693118.0

The thread was originally for the bounty, but I renamed it so we can continue to use for GPU discussion.
clintar

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 08:25:13 PM

getting the following error compiling cpuminer on both ubuntu 12.04 and 14.04:

Code:
/usr/bin/ld: compat/jansson/libjansson.a(dump.o): relocation R_X86_64_32 against `.rodata.str1.1' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
compat/jansson/libjansson.a: error adding symbols: Bad value
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [minerd] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/neko/cpuminer-multi'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/neko/cpuminer-multi'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Huh
Install libjannson-dev.
otila

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 08:27:55 PM

getting the following error compiling cpuminer on both ubuntu 12.04 and 14.04:

/usr/bin/ld: compat/jansson/libjansson.a(dump.o): relocation R_X86_64_32 against `.rodata.str1.1' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC

It is recommended to use shared libjansson from distro, but I committed fix for this
https://github.com/otila/cpuminer-multi/commit/fd66b497917fafb8e378817a8b88a718e07ed6de

Code:
git pull
make clean
./autogen.sh
./configure
make
HinnomTX

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 09:37:59 PM

-lots of useful mining info removed-
This is such a sleeper coin. I have a few VPSes acting as DRK masternodes. I think it would be very useful to have them moonlight as Boolberry miners too...Thanks for the tips.

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 03:29:18 AM

will we get cgminer ?

yolo
crypto_zoidberg (OP)

Activity: 976
Merit: 646

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 03:29:31 AM
Last edit: July 23, 2014, 10:42:29 AM by crypto_zoidberg

Hello dear friends!

Want to announce that i've almost finished porting porting difficulty type in boolberry daemon from 64 bit to 128 bit.
This is very important since BBR have completely different hashrate compared to CryptoNight hash, to avoid difficulty overflow(mostly cumulative_difficulty) was needed to use 128 bit difficulty type for all daemon operations.
At first i want to say many thanks to jahrsg (https://github.com/jahrsg, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=356516) to porting main functions and creating tests, that guarantee that this new versions working exactly the same as old one on 64-bit  range.

I would like to ask you to test it for one or two days before merge it into master branch.
Code:
git clone
git checkout difficulty128
make -i

I want to get some bugreports here or into email: support@boolberry.com or in bookberry.

Good luck!!

crypto_zoidberg (OP)

Activity: 976
Merit: 646

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 10:51:22 AM

All pools I checked have 0 hashrate.. It seems BBR is mined only by people with lots of resources. With probability to mine for days until founding a block... there is no point trying

extremepool.org address is http://boolberry.extremepool.org/ - it has 180kh/s and had found block 8 days ago...

Frankly it seems BBR is mined only from few people with big resources. That alone explains why mid and low-power miners go away or don't even try it. Big fish eats all the food.

We working on porting opencl into miner client for pools, i hope this helps.

antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 01:51:02 PM

Anyone else getting an error "Critical:This software is old, please update"

I am solo mining

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
Lordoftherigs

Activity: 313

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 02:10:28 PM

Anyone else getting an error "Critical:This software is old, please update"

I am solo mining

mandatory question : did you update your old software yet ?
damashup

Activity: 259

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 02:55:01 PM

Is it possible to mine in mac GUI wallet?
sheepman

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 03:18:37 PM

***** New Mining Pool *****

http://sheepman.mine.bz/

Just opened today on dedicated hardware in the US, for support etc. you can find me on #boolberry

Currently fee's are 1.5%

Happy hashing!  Tongue
Pages: « 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 ... 486 »
  Print  

Jump to: