Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:32:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 [165] 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 ... 486 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014  (Read 1210689 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dga

Activity: 737
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 02:41:20 AM

Bag holder here. Why has the price dived so badly?  Cry

I'm trying to figure out if you're trolling, trying for irony, or can't do math to appreciate the sheer awesomeness of BBR being up 191% over the last 24 hours (and more over 48 hours) with the second highest 24h trade volume on Poloniex.

Or did you mean to post three days ago?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 02:53:58 AM

Let's do a crypto, not war!
Pease brothers!

+1

and thanks to everybody who is asking tough questions and not merely name calling...that's what is needed for coins to grow

no need for a flame war

I agree. Actually I think the tough questions have been bordering on insult and have run it's course. Frequently putting zoidberg on the spot, trying to create a story around him etc has to go. Now questioning the dynamics of the BBR mining and economy is fair game like any other coin.

I think to alleviate some of the noise, we should entertain via some technical/code discussions. It is also nice to see more people looking at the code (welcome Bob!)

Bag holder here. Why has the price dived so badly?  Cry

I'm trying to figure out if you're trolling, trying for irony, or can't do math to appreciate the sheer awesomeness of BBR being up 191% over the last 24 hours (and more over 48 hours) with the second highest 24h trade volume on Poloniex.

Or did you mean to post three days ago?

He is obviously trolling and there is only one type of investor that takes themselves way too seriously to FUD BBR. At least he should try to be discrete  Grin

Picking up 1000 BBR costs only 0.4 BTC at the moment. Trolls should just try to think along those lines but obviously some would rather spend their time trolling since they have invested everything in a coin they personally believe in much more than BBR.
maxcan

Activity: 117
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 08:40:49 AM

i was exhausted this morning until i checked polo and saw what happened overnight to bbr! better than 10 coffees Shocked

i'm so glad for you zoidberg. keep up the great work. and big thanks to jl777 for putting out the word. i don't know much about what's happening behind the scenes but i'm glad to see things starting to gather momentum.
Hotmetal

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 09:06:29 AM

Since BBR is implementing some neat tech and the devs are active, thought I'd ask:

Idea 1)

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/sponsored-stories/syscoin-building-crypto-economy/2014/08/28?utm_source=feedly&utm_reader=feedly&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=syscoin-building-crypto-economy

The regeneration of service fees is also rather important as this feature is what enables the existence of Syscoin in the first place. These service fees are collected by the network and then sent out to all of the miners. These fees are the main reason miners will continue to mine after all the block rewards have been collected, which means they’re also what secures the entire business economy built on Syscoin.

Is this a feature that could be implemented in BBR?

Idea 2)

Also this dump and pump that goes on.. Is it technically possible for an idea like: annual or monthly interest for current BBR holders?
This will cause it to be even more valuable as people will hold onto their BBR instead of trying to sell it and make a fast sale or dumping its value.
So the BBR network automatically gives a 5% interest for all people who have BBR or something along those lines.

Any other ideas or comments?
crypto_zoidberg (OP)

Activity: 976
Merit: 646

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 11:10:02 AM
Last edit: August 29, 2014, 01:14:38 PM by crypto_zoidberg

Since BBR is implementing some neat tech and the devs are active, thought I'd ask:

Idea 1)

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/sponsored-stories/syscoin-building-crypto-economy/2014/08/28?utm_source=feedly&utm_reader=feedly&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=syscoin-building-crypto-economy

The regeneration of service fees is also rather important as this feature is what enables the existence of Syscoin in the first place. These service fees are collected by the network and then sent out to all of the miners. These fees are the main reason miners will continue to mine after all the block rewards have been collected, which means they’re also what secures the entire business economy built on Syscoin.

Is this a feature that could be implemented in BBR?

Idea 2)

Also this dump and pump that goes on.. Is it technically possible for an idea like: annual or monthly interest for current BBR holders?
This will cause it to be even more valuable as people will hold onto their BBR instead of trying to sell it and make a fast sale or dumping its value.
So the BBR network automatically gives a 5% interest for all people who have BBR or something along those lines.

Any other ideas or comments?
Syscoin - i can't take seriously 18% premine coin.
And i don't  see a problem with mining in future - we have good emission curve that will allow smooth replacement block reward by tx fees.

just my opinion.

S3MKi
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 11:13:17 AM

70th was yesterday
i think it can be 55th today
bob131313

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 06:31:35 PM

re the bbr price since there are a few people here interested in it. From looking at the downward sales pressure here: https://bittrex.com/Market/?MarketName=BTC-BBR

There is a miner that is mining with autopay to the exchange and sell. They are selling the coins on the exchange on the sell side as soon as they mine them ~14-19 every 2 min or so. With 11k bbr per day is being mined into the market. So if you think it is a good coin, just pull your buy orders and let the dumpers dump.
If we put at floor at a nice low spot or so they should just feed it without thinking. :-)~

Just my 2 cents.

btc-mike

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 07:04:16 PM

re the bbr price since there are a few people here interested in it. From looking at the downward sales pressure here: https://bittrex.com/Market/?MarketName=BTC-BBR

There is a miner that is mining with autopay to the exchange and sell. They are selling the coins on the exchange on the sell side as soon as they mine them ~14-19 every 2 min or so. With 11k bbr per day is being mined into the market. So if you think it is a good coin, just pull your buy orders and let the dumpers dump.
If we put at floor at a nice low spot or so they should just feed it without thinking. :-)~

Just my 2 cents.

In order to sell that much, a miner would need to control almost 100% of the network hash. There is a new block about every 2 minutes and the current reward is a little over 16.

More likely just someone trying to sell.
bob131313

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 07:09:21 PM

Just my 2 cents.

In order to sell that much, a miner would need to control almost 100% of the network hash. There is a new block about every 2 minutes and the current reward is a little over 16.

Sorry my English failed me.
I mean that 11k BBR are mined at the current reward every 24 hours. Not that this specific miner was mining/dumping 11k.

Course no sail since
08/29/2014 01:15:24 PM    
SELL
   0.00040104    15.13000000    0.00606773

But still 0.006 btc per block for a mining farm is a nice profit.
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 08:06:32 PM

Just my 2 cents.

Sorry my English failed me.
I mean that 11k BBR are mined at the current reward every 24 hours. Not that this specific miner was mining/dumping 11k.

Course no sail since
08/29/2014 01:15:24 PM    
SELL
   0.00040104    15.13000000    0.00606773

But still 0.006 btc per block for a mining farm is a nice profit.

11k is such a small amount. It like 4-5 bitcoins at todays prices.

Once (if) this coin catches on again and I think it will, it will not take much volume to get BBR back to .003+
Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 09:44:01 PM

Right now BBR is in a good position.

• BBR has performant open-source GPU miners, (by contrast some of the miners for other cryptonote coins are closed source, and performance crippled by dev unless donation is set)

• BBR has a usable, intuitive GUI in mainnet, lowering the barrier to entry dramatically to those who are not familiar with command lines, or manually installing libraries etc. For non technical users the BBR setup process is a breeze compared with some other cryptonote coins in their current incarnation . Installation is quicker, syncing is quicker. it Just works well. Not tomorrow, not next week but today.

• BBR has a much more reasonable emission curve than some other cryptonote coins, combined with a much lower value per coin.  It would take orders of magnitude less BTC inflow to support the daily mined amount ( should it be dumped every day on the exchange)

• BBR has alias features, enabling you to send coins to any wallet with a simple twitter style @.  With other cryptonote coins you are forced to copy and paste complex payment keys.

• BBR has ability to trim the size of the blockchain, not compress it but trim the actual dataset.

• BBR has a clearly competent, responsive dev, familiar with the CN codebase and who is receptive to new ideas. Notably more time is spent here on actually coding features than talking about plans to code features in the form of newsletters, missives etc

• BBR has on the horizon integrations with exciting new technologies and the chance for new infrastructure to be linked between platforms. Some smart individuals are beginning to see the potential, some have been swayed from competitors by community hostility, arrogance-- new opportunities are arising as a result of this

So the fundamentals are clearly strong, and clearly pointing towards the fact BBR is greatly undervalued relative to some competitors.

I guess now we just need some more threads -- BBR speculation, BBR wall observer, BBR FAQ's, BBR tech support, BBR altcoin observer, BBR economics, blowing the lid off the cryptonote scam (with the exception of boolberry) etc and begin the strong concerted campaign to push the idea that boolberry is the only altcoin worth investing in aside from BTC  Roll Eyes

tifozi

Activity: 742

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 11:31:04 PM

• BBR has performant open-source GPU miners, (by contrast some of the miners for other cryptonote coins are closed source, and performance crippled by dev unless donation is set)

• BBR has a usable, intuitive GUI in mainnet, lowering the barrier to entry dramatically to those who are not familiar with command lines, or manually installing libraries etc. For non technical users the BBR setup process is a breeze compared with some other cryptonote coins in their current incarnation . Installation is quicker, syncing is quicker. it Just works well. Not tomorrow, not next week but today.

• BBR has a much more reasonable emission curve than some other cryptonote coins, combined with a much lower value per coin.  It would take orders of magnitude less BTC inflow to support the daily mined amount ( should it be dumped every day on the exchange)

• BBR has alias features, enabling you to send coins to any wallet with a simple twitter style @.  With other cryptonote coins you are forced to copy and paste complex payment keys.

• BBR has ability to trim the size of the blockchain, not compress it but trim the actual dataset.

• BBR has a clearly competent, responsive dev, familiar with the CN codebase and who is receptive to new ideas. Notably more time is spent here on actually coding features than talking about plans to code features in the form of newsletters, missives etc

• BBR has on the horizon integrations with exciting new technologies and the chance for new infrastructure to be linked between platforms. Some smart individuals are beginning to see the potential, some have been swayed from competitors by community hostility, arrogance-- new opportunities are arising as a result of this

So the fundamentals are clearly strong, and clearly pointing towards the fact BBR is greatly undervalued relative to some competitors.

I guess now we just need some more threads -- BBR speculation, BBR wall observer, BBR FAQ's, BBR tech support, BBR altcoin observer, BBR economics, blowing the lid off the cryptonote scam (with the exception of boolberry) etc and begin the strong concerted campaign to push the idea that boolberry is the only altcoin worth investing in aside from BTC  Roll Eyes

Sorry I know there is a bit of vitriol there vis-a-vis XMR, and I was very torn to see the rivalry in the early days particularly because I have been in XMR before the coin was released (BitMonero threads), I long since have started liking BBR myself. It is a great coin. It can be a big help if early BTC guys show major support like Risto does for XMR which is battling heavy inflation.

Awesome post. I hope even XMR fans realize that both can co-exist and start looking into BBR some more and we can all focus on building economies around them.
hornyPo

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 11:57:00 PM

You make this post nearly perfect by not blame the competitor anymore.

And yes, Awesome post anyway.

BBR: @hornypo
swordfish6975

Activity: 721
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 12:28:18 AM

congrats on second place, you are now listed on https://cryptofolio.info

>>>>  Physical Bitcoin And Altcoin Price Ticker Screen - http://afkdata.com <<<<

http://cryptofolio.info  - google finance of cryptos
dga

Activity: 737
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 12:40:02 AM

I don't have much to contribute right now due to the start of the semester, but here's my pledge - I've got 22x 750ti GPUs dedicated to BBR and I will (a) leave them on BBR; and (b) won't sell a single coin I mine in the next month unless the price goes over .002.  Not a huge amount, but it'll cost a little over $200 in power alone.  It's only 1/2% of the hash power right now, but it's better than nothing. 

If anyone wants some BBR off market, please feel free to contact me with your offer of .002 or greater. :-)

I guess I should try wolf's opencl miner on my AMDs to see if I can get them moved too.

Anyone else want to join the "no-sell miner" pledge for September? :-)

crypto_zoidberg (OP)

Activity: 976
Merit: 646

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 02:08:00 AM

Hello!

We was talked with James last days, well.... it seems that he is really obsessed with his ideas of new project, and this is wonderful to see so enthusiastic people!

But i'm personaly have to admit that i didn't grasped all his ideas and don't have pure vision of this technology. Not yet.

Anyway, we want to show that BBR are opened for interesting projects and developers! We are ready to implement API/integration stuff to let people build some services on the top of Boolberry or cooperated with Boolberry.

James is thinking of building something global, something revolutional!... And this is always hard to do something really new.

Anyway, we (BBR team) wish him a tons o luck to finish the job, and as i said before - Boolberry is always happy to provide help with integration to any project that interested in it! So james is surely wellcome!

Zoidberg

enerbyte

Activity: 556

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 02:22:58 AM

no windows binaries for cudaminer?
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 03:05:58 AM

Hello!

We was talked with James last days, well.... it seems that he is really obsessed with his ideas of new project, and this is wonderful to see so enthusiastic people!

But i'm personaly have to admit that i didn't grasped all his ideas and don't have pure vision of this technology. Not yet.

Anyway, we want to show that BBR are opened for interesting projects and developers! We are ready to implement API/integration stuff to let people build some services on the top of Boolberry or cooperated with Boolberry.

James is thinking of building something global, something revolutional!... And this is always hard to do something really new.

Anyway, we (BBR team) wish him a tons o luck to finish the job, and as i said before - Boolberry is always happy to provide help with integration to any project that interested in it! So james is surely wellcome!

Zoidberg
It is great to be working together!

With CZ being the only dev to make significant improvements to the cryptonote codebase, it is an honor for me that we can work together to create some super-cryptonote option for BBR. Over the next month, we will work out the technical details of how best to combine the various tech. The important thing here to note is that unlike most other coins, we are working together and cooperating at a level that really has not happened before that I know of.

I am sad to see the majority of crypto being isolated in their own island and viewing all other crypto as somehow competition. This is crazy! The competition is fiat. We need to create a giant transfer of fiat into crypto and that is what the supernetwork will be aiming to do. I am estimating 100,000+ nodes are possible by combining all the coins into a single supernetwork. What this allows is seamless commerce between all these people. This might sound like not such a big deal, but when you realize that with a peer to peer realtime exchange like InstantDEX, all of a sudden the mintpals of the world have a serious alternative. Not only will they have to compete against a decentralized peer to peer supernetwork, the fees will be lower when using the supernetwork!

So when everyone on the supernetwork can trade their crypto at a lower cost and not rely on any centralized point of failure, I think that some significant percentage of crypto trading will shift. Now, this creates revenues and I will be revenue sharing with the people who are running nodes for the supernetwork, proportional to that nodes contribution to the revenues. At first these revenues will probably be small, but as the supernetwork grows, it will get more and more significant.

The really cool part is that the more coins that are part of the supernetwork, the more money is being generated and sent out as dividends. So this is truly a big idea and it is something only possible by having all the high quality coins joining together.

The whole is indeed much bigger than the sum of its parts

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
tljenson

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 03:15:27 AM

As of now, is Monero a better coin?

from a technical view point both coins have their merits, i like both

A bit off topic but +1 from me. I'm holding 5 figures of each.

Man, if it's really true - you better to support coin with some real help - that make your chances to earn much higher! Smiley

Essentially, we need some investment for pr and promotion spendings.

It's true enough Zoidberg (though I realize as newbie who isn't an established bitcoin whale I have little cred here). I'm committed but not rich by any stretch of the imagination; that investment represents a significant chunk of my savings. XMR and BBR are the only coins I have invested in - sleeping giants.

Wow you must really believe in these coins. I become disheartened because I still feel lost in the world of alt cryptocurrencies. I wish I had more faith. I am invested DRK and XMR kind of hedging my bet against the two. I only using two exchanges Mintpal and Cryptsy . Both whom don't have BBR. I wish you the best with both coins.
btc-mike

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 03:21:05 AM

no windows binaries for cudaminer?

no. i forget the exact reason but there is an issue with compiling CUDA code for windows.
Pages: « 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 [165] 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 ... 486 »
  Print  

Jump to: