Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:54:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What's wrong with eating meat?  (Read 30221 times)
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 10:51:01 PM

Seriously animals have no rights in this world! They are just like slaves to us, for us to kill and torture as much as we want! Who cares if they are suffering and crying and making squealing noises while bleeding all over the place? That is sooo funny!
Animals should not be tortured. You should be.

There is nothing wrong with eating meat though.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 10:51:31 PM

All these things have equal right of existence. There is no moral justification only to kill what's dissimilar to us while protecting what we pity.

ya.ya.yo!

That's not how life works. Organisms have to be destroyed for others to live, and I prefer to cause as least suffering as I can to fuel my existance.
CoinGeneral (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

The General

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 10:51:59 PM

If you guys have an open mind, watch the entirety of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNCGkprGW_o

Because most of you do NOT have an open mind, you will not watch this video.

Instead you will skip over it and still continue to claim you were right all along.

Ignorance at its finest Smiley

Here is an interesting post I made before, try to say something bad about it:

OP it seems you were leading an unhealthy lifestyle and had a bad diet before. You said you ate at all the fast-food places. Maybe that's why you feel better and more energized now.

Let's see now. According to Consumer Trends, 83% of Americans (Vegans only make up .5% of the population) have to drink coffee every single morning just so they can wake up for the day.

Then in the afternoon they have to drink even more coffee. Then companies started coming out with energy drinks just so these guys can get through their day without feeling so tired and lethargic all the time. They came out with drinks like Monster and 5 Hour Energy filled with tons of crap that's not good for your health and people actually drink it (there are actually a lot of deaths attributed to Monster and 5 Hour Energy and other energy drinks).

Here is a poll on some Vegan forum about the amount of energy they had before and after:

Here are some quotes from the same thread about people who used to feel like crap before, but now they feel completely unstoppable throughout their day. My case isn't special by the way, a lot of other people experience this same exact thing that I describe myself:

More energy. Especially in the morning. It used to take me ages to wake up and get active in the mornings, now I have no trouble. I wake up and seem to bounce out of bed full of life. I also don't get so tired during the day either and can sleep better at night.

My stamina is off the scale now. Before going vegan I was getting fat and could barely run a mile. Now, a short two months later I'm jogging three, easily. I also require less sleep and get more rejuvination from what sleep I get.

I noticed (especially within the first couple of months of going vegan) that I had loads more energy! I am sure my new diet had a lot to do with me not feeling so tired and lethargic all the time. Also, I have found that I can generally operate well receiving approximately 7 hours sleep per night (with the occaisional sleep in). In my pre-vegan days, I used to require 9 hours sleep at night.

I was already pretty energetic before but now I still feel energetic but I dont have that typical "crash" around dinner-time. I can go all day and be productive. It also takes me less time to study. That means more time to run in circles!!

When I became a lacto ovo vegetarian, I didn't notice much of a change in my energy level. When I went vegan, my energy is sky high! It's amazing how much dairy can sap energy.

Sometimes I get maybe 3 hours sleep in a 24 hour period, and whereas that used to kill me, I don't feel half bad. I rarely have to reach for the caffiene, and my brain at work seems more alert than before.

My energy has gone up after switching to vegan! My two friends who just recently switched said theirs went up too.

Even if it wasn't an ethical necessity - I'd still be vegan simply because of the extra energy it gives me - I do manual labour & look after my four kids so I need all the energy I can get...

I am on the verge of 85 and still work as hard as ever. I have lived quite long enough and am trying to die; but I simply cannot do it. A single beef-steak would finish me; but I cannot bring myself to swallow it. I am oppressed with a dread of living forever. That is the only disadvantage of vegetarianism

i used to get tired after playing a 4 hour gig on drums with a band. nowadays, and at 48 years old, i am still drumming like i was 20 years old, and i owe it to the combination of yoga and a vegan diet, plus trying to eat as raw as possible.

The other day I went out...I arrived at the club at 11:30 (btw I hadn't had much sleep the previous night) ....people who arrived a few hours later had given up dancing waaaay before I did....I didnt stop until nearly 5 am. When asked HOW ON EARTH I did it..I yelled "VEGANISM"

If you don't believe yet, it makes us feel unstoppable and filled with energy, plus we rarely get sick, and we are a lot smarter and stronger than before. We don't even miss out on eating 'meat' because that tastes terrible compared to the foods we eat now.

Most people would rather drink coffee every morning, screw up their thinking process, feel a crash in the afternoon, drink more coffee, screw up their body and brains further, rather than just eating healthier food that would literally solve all of their problems.

But you are lucky to see this kind of information online. I would never have become Vegan had I not seen another person talking about its benefits in another website and exposed me to this kind of information. Most people will never even meet a Vegan in their entire life let alone ever know that such a diet that will boost their energy to last throughout days, cure diseases without pills, and make them better overall exists.

apsvinet

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 10:52:13 PM

Seriously animals have no rights in this world! They are just like slaves to us, for us to kill and torture as much as we want! Who cares if they are suffering and crying and making squealing noises while bleeding all over the place? That is sooo funny!

Animals should definitely not be tortured, and anyone who thinks so is clearly sick.
However there's nothing wrong with eating meat. Smiley

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
apsvinet

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 10:53:55 PM

Instead you will skip over it and still continue to claim you were right all along.

OP it seems you were leading an unhealthy lifestyle and had a bad diet before. You said you ate at all the fast-food places. Maybe that's why you feel better and more energized now.

Let's see now. According to Consumer Trends, 83% of Americans (Vegans only make up .5% of the population) have to drink coffee every single morning just so they can wake up for the day.

Then in the afternoon they have to drink even more coffee. Then companies started coming out with energy drinks just so these guys can get through their day without feeling so tired and lethargic all the time. They came out with drinks like Monster and 5 Hour Energy filled with tons of crap that's not good for your health and people actually drink it (there are actually a lot of deaths attributed to Monster and 5 Hour Energy and other energy drinks).

Here is a poll on some Vegan forum about the amount of energy they had before and after:

Here are some quotes from the same thread about people who used to feel like crap before, but now they feel completely unstoppable throughout their day. My case isn't special by the way, a lot of other people experience this same exact thing that I describe myself:

More energy. Especially in the morning. It used to take me ages to wake up and get active in the mornings, now I have no trouble. I wake up and seem to bounce out of bed full of life. I also don't get so tired during the day either and can sleep better at night.

My stamina is off the scale now. Before going vegan I was getting fat and could barely run a mile. Now, a short two months later I'm jogging three, easily. I also require less sleep and get more rejuvination from what sleep I get.

I noticed (especially within the first couple of months of going vegan) that I had loads more energy! I am sure my new diet had a lot to do with me not feeling so tired and lethargic all the time. Also, I have found that I can generally operate well receiving approximately 7 hours sleep per night (with the occaisional sleep in). In my pre-vegan days, I used to require 9 hours sleep at night.

I was already pretty energetic before but now I still feel energetic but I dont have that typical "crash" around dinner-time. I can go all day and be productive. It also takes me less time to study. That means more time to run in circles!!

When I became a lacto ovo vegetarian, I didn't notice much of a change in my energy level. When I went vegan, my energy is sky high! It's amazing how much dairy can sap energy.

Sometimes I get maybe 3 hours sleep in a 24 hour period, and whereas that used to kill me, I don't feel half bad. I rarely have to reach for the caffiene, and my brain at work seems more alert than before.

My energy has gone up after switching to vegan! My two friends who just recently switched said theirs went up too.

Even if it wasn't an ethical necessity - I'd still be vegan simply because of the extra energy it gives me - I do manual labour & look after my four kids so I need all the energy I can get...

I am on the verge of 85 and still work as hard as ever. I have lived quite long enough and am trying to die; but I simply cannot do it. A single beef-steak would finish me; but I cannot bring myself to swallow it. I am oppressed with a dread of living forever. That is the only disadvantage of vegetarianism

i used to get tired after playing a 4 hour gig on drums with a band. nowadays, and at 48 years old, i am still drumming like i was 20 years old, and i owe it to the combination of yoga and a vegan diet, plus trying to eat as raw as possible.

The other day I went out...I arrived at the club at 11:30 (btw I hadn't had much sleep the previous night) ....people who arrived a few hours later had given up dancing waaaay before I did....I didnt stop until nearly 5 am. When asked HOW ON EARTH I did it..I yelled "VEGANISM"

If you don't believe yet, it makes us feel unstoppable and filled with energy, plus we rarely get sick, and we are a lot smarter and stronger than before. We don't even miss out on eating 'meat' because that tastes terrible compared to the foods we eat now.

Most people would rather drink coffee every morning, screw up their thinking process, feel a crash in the afternoon, drink more coffee, screw up their body and brains further, rather than just eating healthier food that would literally solve all of their problems.

But you are lucky to see this kind of information online. I would never have become Vegan had I not seen another person talking about its benefits in another website and exposed me to this kind of information. Most people will never even meet a Vegan in their entire life let alone ever know that such a diet that will boost their energy to last throughout days, cure diseases without pills, and make them better overall exists.
You keep proving that you're one of the most narrow minded people ever to spew out his opinions anywhere.
You realise this thread is about the discussion "What's wrong with eating meat?" NOT is veganism good for you?

lynn_402

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 10:55:26 PM

Animals should definitely not be tortured, and anyone who thinks so is clearly sick.

I agree that there's nothing wrong with eating meat, but I think that the current state of factory farming makes some kind of torture, or at least horrible life conditions, inevitable for animals.

I have huge respect for hunters.
CoinGeneral (OP)

The General

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 10:55:39 PM

You just literally ruined the legitimacy of all your sources and "facts" when you suggested that Hitler was a vegetarian.
It's just a common misunderstanding / myth, and you got records of him consuming meat before WW2, being a soldier in WW1, etc.

Boom. Mind. Blown.

Dude you are so stupid it's not even funny. Look up the names yourself. You are so closed minded and biased that you literally block out any information that goes against your belief.

Here is the page for Hitler's vegetarianism:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler_and_vegetarianism

"In November 1938, an article for the English magazine Homes & Gardens describing Hitler's mountain home, The Berghof, stated that in addition to being a teetotaler and a non-smoker, Hitler was also a vegetarian. Ignatius Phayrethe wrote, "A life-long vegetarian at table, Hitler's kitchen plots are both varied and heavy in produce. Even in his meatless diet Hitler is something of a gourmet"

But go ahead continue being a retard your entire life.

There are also articles that claim he wasn't vegetarian, closed minded articles that only support your belief, but this is factually agreed upon notion:

"Towards the end of his life Adolf Hitler followed a vegetarian diet. It is not clear when he adopted it, since accounts of his dietary habits prior to the Second World War indicate that he still consumed meat."

apsvinet

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 10:56:12 PM

And about the poll, freaking Placebo effect, that's all there is to it.
Also shows what dumbass you are linking a poll of a few hundred people and trying to pass it on as scientific fact.
How original, a moron uses pseudo-science in a desperate attempt to seem like the most intelligent person in a discussion. Filthy contrarians.

Dogtanian

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 10:56:58 PM

Define torture and meat. Wouldn't having your throat slit be torture and then having your flesh ate be wrong? I'm not a veggie but its a question of morality for them so just because you think there's nothing wrong doesnt mean its right and vice versa.
apsvinet

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 10:57:35 PM

You just literally ruined the legitimacy of all your sources and "facts" when you suggested that Hitler was a vegetarian.
It's just a common misunderstanding / myth, and you got records of him consuming meat before WW2, being a soldier in WW1, etc.

Boom. Mind. Blown.

Dude you are so stupid it's not even funny. Look up the names yourself. You are so closed minded and biased that you literally block out any information that goes against your belief.

Here is the page for Hitler's vegetarianism:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler_and_vegetarianism

"In November 1938, an article for the English magazine Homes & Gardens describing Hitler's mountain home, The Berghof, stated that in addition to being a teetotaler and a non-smoker, Hitler was also a vegetarian. Ignatius Phayrethe wrote, "A life-long vegetarian at table, Hitler's kitchen plots are both varied and heavy in produce. Even in his meatless diet Hitler is something of a gourmet"

But go ahead continue being a retard your entire life.

There are also articles that claim he wasn't vegetarian, closed minded articles that only support your belief, but this is factually agreed upon notion:

"Towards the end of his life Adolf Hitler followed a vegetarian diet. It is not clear when he adopted it, since accounts of his dietary habits prior to the Second World War indicate that he still consumed meat."
Are you partially blind? Same bloody article: "Towards the end of his life Adolf Hitler followed a vegetarian diet. It is not clear when he adopted it, since accounts of his dietary habits prior to the Second World War indicate that he still consumed meat."

Towards the end of his life. Alright, a mass murderer changed his diet preferences while killing approximately 6 million Jews. Alrighty then, I guess vegetarianism is for smart people.

CoinGeneral (OP)

The General

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 10:58:30 PM

Also shows what dumbass you are linking a poll of a few hundred people and trying to pass it on as scientific fact.
How original, a moron uses pseudo-science in a desperate attempt to seem like the most intelligent person in a discussion. Filthy contrarians.

Translation: Hurr durrr I do not accept other people's opinions even though they have tried both sides yet I am always right! Also I do not read articles nor research that supports the other cause because that goes against my beliefs!

apsvinet

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 10:58:36 PM

Define torture and meat. Wouldn't having your throat slit be torture and then having your flesh ate be wrong? I'm not a veggie but its a question of morality for them so just because you think there's nothing wrong doesnt mean its right and vice versa.
It's all opinions. Harming an animal with the intent and sole purpose of harming it is torture. Systematically killing it in order to provide the population of the world with food in exchange for money to provide for your family is not.

apsvinet

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 10:59:23 PM

Translation: Hurr durrr I do not accept other people's opinions even though they have tried both sides yet I am always right! Also I do not read articles nor research that supports the other cause because that goes against my beliefs!

All studies you've passed on as facts have ( when being read closer ) proven to involve fewer people than what would be needed in order to get it proven as a scientific fact. Boom Smiley

CoinGeneral (OP)

The General

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:00:22 PM

No one said it was scientific. It was testimonials.

Again you are very closed minded.

apsvinet

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:01:56 PM

No one said it was scientific. It was testimonials.

Again you are very closed minded.
Haha. When the poor contrarian runs out of arguments on his own, he often refers to what is commonly known as the "no u". Smiley

lynn_402

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:03:24 PM

Order, gentlemen! This is turning into a trollfest.
apsvinet

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:04:28 PM

Order, gentlemen! This is turning into a trollfest.
I'm sorry, just felt like shutting down one of the biggest buffoons of this thread so that others and myself may have a good discussion about the topic. Smiley

CoinGeneral (OP)

The General

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:04:49 PM

Plus you have agreed with the list of geniuses that were vegan / vegetarian.

The vast majority of geniuses throughout history have all been meat eaters except some from India.

This argument holds no grounds as a large majority of the population in general have been meat eaters.

Out of all the geniuses possible, will you not agree that some of the most influential geniuses of all time have been vegan / vegetarian?:

And yes, almost everyone that is a vegetarian or vegan start out as a meat eater but found information that diverted them away from it.

Einstein - Theory of Relativity. Had the most groundbreaking discovery of the 20th century.
Isaac Newton - Created Calculus and Founded Physics. He is considered the father of Physics, the father of Calculus, the Father of Modern Medicine, and even the Father of Modern Science.
Nikola Tesla - Invented the radio and Alternating Current. Has a cult following that many of his inventions were stolen.
Gandhi - Civil Rights Movement
Buddha - Founded Buddhism
Steve Jobs - Created Apple
Ramanujan - Genius mathematician.
Edward Wittin - Einstein's successor and foremost string theorist
Brian Greene - Genius who refuted Einstein's theory that space could stretch but not tear.
Rosa Parks
Thomas Edison
Benjamin Franklin
Prince
Mike Tyson
Forest Whitaker
Natalie Portman
George Bernard Shaw
Leonardo Da Vinci
Leo Tolstoy
Cesar Chavez
Russell Brand
Carl Lewis
Paul McCartney
Bree Olson
Alicia Silverstone
John Harvey Kellogg, etc.

Q: Why do you think so many of the greatest geniuses have been vegetarian?

Greene: From my limited experience, vegetarians typically are people who are willing to challenge the usual, accepted order of things. Moreover, they’re often people willing to sacrifice their own pleasures in pursuit of what they believe is right. These same qualities are often what’s needed to make great breakthroughs in the arts and sciences.

There are so many influential geniuses who have been Vegan / Vegetarian like Ellen Degeneres and the Dalai Lama. Even Hitler was a Vegetarian. These guys were all open minded and challenged the culture they were born in. Unlike you trolls.

Also, you will probably just say everything I said here is BS, which is why it's pointless to argue with you guys. This is how atheists feel when they are arguing against Christians: You can't win, even though you are right every time.

apsvinet

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:06:14 PM

Plus you have agreed with the list of geniuses that were vegan / vegetarian.

The vast majority of geniuses throughout history have all been meat eaters except some from India.

This argument holds no grounds as a large majority of the population in general have been meat eaters.

Out of all the geniuses possible, will you not agree that some of the most influential geniuses of all time have been vegan / vegetarian?:

And yes, almost everyone that is a vegetarian or vegan start out as a meat eater but found information that diverted them away from it.

Einstein - Theory of Relativity. Had the most groundbreaking discovery of the 20th century.
Isaac Newton - Created Calculus and Founded Physics. He is considered the father of Physics, the father of Calculus, the Father of Modern Medicine, and even the Father of Modern Science.
Nikola Tesla - Invented the radio and Alternating Current. Has a cult following that many of his inventions were stolen.
Gandhi - Civil Rights Movement
Buddha - Founded Buddhism
Steve Jobs - Created Apple
Ramanujan - Genius mathematician.
Edward Wittin - Einstein's successor and foremost string theorist
Brian Greene - Genius who refuted Einstein's theory that space could stretch but not tear.
Rosa Parks
Thomas Edison
Benjamin Franklin
Prince
Mike Tyson
Forest Whitaker
Natalie Portman
George Bernard Shaw
Leonardo Da Vinci
Leo Tolstoy
Cesar Chavez
Russell Brand
Carl Lewis
Paul McCartney
Bree Olson
Alicia Silverstone
John Harvey Kellogg, etc.

Q: Why do you think so many of the greatest geniuses have been vegetarian?

Greene: From my limited experience, vegetarians typically are people who are willing to challenge the usual, accepted order of things. Moreover, they’re often people willing to sacrifice their own pleasures in pursuit of what they believe is right. These same qualities are often what’s needed to make great breakthroughs in the arts and sciences.

There are so many influential geniuses who have been Vegan / Vegetarian like Ellen Degeneres and the Dalai Lama. Even Hitler was a Vegetarian. These guys were all open minded and challenged the culture they were born in. Unlike you trolls.

Also, you will probably just say everything I said here is BS, which is why it's pointless to argue with you guys. This is how atheists feel when they are arguing against Christians: You can't win, even though you are right every time.
Keep quoting yourself, it doesn't make your statement more true / false. Just makes you seem pathetic and desperate for attention.

CoinGeneral (OP)

The General

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:06:28 PM

What results in good discussion when you are closed minded about everything?

Whenever I say something you will say I am wrong. You've already done it Apsvinet every time, you are a troll and a closed minded idiot.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: