Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 08:00:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What's wrong with eating meat?  (Read 30221 times)
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:14:45 AM

This place turned into a sausage fest, where did the vegans and vegetarians go?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jinjuro

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:16:18 AM

My ancestors all ate meat. And they have 90 - 110 years old life. They retain good judgement, good hearing and sight and still can walk in their old age. They all live healthy life by eating meat and vegetables. Then I saw some strangers posting about that meat is bad and only eat vegetables because it is the only good food. Who should I believe?
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 03:17:37 AM

Perhaps less of us don't eat mean than other way Smiley

Because eating meat is pretty natural for us... as we were eating meat from the early stages of our development:)
CoinGeneral (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

The General

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:18:59 AM

I'm still here mate, I posted some random videos on the previous page with sarcastic video titles like "46,000+ Vegans lose to 1 Meat Eater in race".

Also I updated the post above with new information, and videos. Check them out.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:24:51 AM

I'm still here mate, I posted some random videos on the previous page with sarcastic video titles like "46,000+ Vegans lose to 1 Meat Eater in race".

Also I updated the post above with new information, and videos. Check them out.

I started to watch this video
("Also no one will be able to watch this to the end either:"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30gEiweaAVQ&feature=youtu.be&t=47s )
and I bookmarked it for later, thanks.

LostDutchman

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 03:31:19 AM

I must say I don't really like meat.

I like chickens Tongue but I can live without meat with no problem..

But sometimes when I see wonderful ham Smiley with no fat on it ... and I wasn't eating meat for a while... then something is forcing me to eat it - and it taste so delicious then Smiley (nature is forcing me to eat the meat - so it means it is good for me Smiley )

But I really don't like most of the meat types...

Chickens are the best Tongue Smiley and only breast Smiley

Last I checked, Chicken breast are made of meat and not tomatoes or some other veg.......<.<
Fish is also meat, red meat white meat that's the difference -.-

I know chickens are made from meat (too)...

I never said that this is not meat Smiley I just said that I really do not need to eat meat everyday. And when I am eating some meat it must be a chicken's breast or some thin dry no fat ham Smiley

What if you were a wolf?

My $.02.

Wink
Ps. if you are a wolf you need to eat the meat.
You are the predator and hungry like a wolf.
"Are you hungry like a wolf"?

Yeppers, I sure am!

My $.02.

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
CoinGeneral (OP)

The General

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:32:42 AM
Last edit: May 01, 2014, 04:12:08 AM by CoinGeneral

My ancestors all ate meat. And they have 90 - 110 years old life. They retain good judgement, good hearing and sight and still can walk in their old age. They all live healthy life by eating meat and vegetables. Then I saw some strangers posting about that meat is bad and only eat vegetables because it is the only good food. Who should I believe?

I dunno dude, you have to decide for yourself. I suggest watching some videos though that will expand your knowledge and get the viewpoint on both sides. Then you can decide which is better. Better yet I would actually recommend reading some books about the subject written by doctors.

See you live in a society where people don't want you to be healthy. They want you to eat the fats, the junk, they want you to be unhealthy so they can prescribe you medicine. You know one of the main reasons for not eating meat anymore is to stop taking drugs? No more supplements, no drugs, just a natural lifestyle. Healthy for your entire life. You know what drugs are made out of anyway right? They are made up of ground up vegetables and fruits. Grounded up vegetables and fruits, put into a pill, oh for some reason you're healthy now. Yet these pills costs a lot of money depending on the condition that you have. Why take the pills when you can get all the nutrients you need from diet?

Here are some quotes by real vegans not taking pills:

"I have an adverse reaction to many medications. In fact, the reason I became vegan is because I got disabled while in the US Marine Corps and there's no cure...just sedatives and pain killers, and I can't live like that. I read veganism could help manage my condition, and it does."

"Since I have become Vegan I have noticed that I no longer need medications such as for Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, or High Cholesterol. I do not like the side effects of medications so I only take them as a last resort. I always try to find a natural cure for any ailments prior to taking medications."

"All the vegans I know, near my age (68), don't have to take any meds of anykind, while just about all the meat eaters I know have to take a handful of pills to stay alive... "

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100616193644AAwX1Wo

Also yeah this next one is a scary video that no one here can watch to the end... It's impossible:
I don't recommend watching

Also no one will be able to watch this to the end either:
I do NOT recommend clicking here and watching the video

Also here's another video, but unlike the other two, this one should be easy to watch, it's just a speech by Former CEO of Citibank:

Random video that can be easily watched to the end unlike the other two above

If you want to see some longetivity...

Fauja Singh - 101 year old vegetarian still running marathons. Most people can't even run 10 miles. This guy is running 26 no problem.

Marie-Louise-Meilleur - 117 year old vegetarian. The oldest person in the world before she died.

Christian Mortensen - 115 year old male at time of death. First male CONFIRMED to reach 115, oldest man to ever to die at one point.

Long Name - 122 year old vegetarian. Unconfirmed if that was his true age and his true diet. He died around 1910s so he could have been lying.

-----------

There are some others of course, these just came up in a random Google search, like I said watch some videos, educate your mind, then decide. Don't let society brainwash you.

counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:32:53 AM

Meat is tasty so if we are not supposed to eat meat, why are animals made of it?

My $.02.

Wink

I would like to know how they can eat their pudding if they don't eat their meat?
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 03:35:14 AM

Meat is tasty so if we are not supposed to eat meat, why are animals made of it?

My $.02.

Wink

I would like to know how they can eat their pudding if they don't eat their meat?

Well, they can't.

My $.02.

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
jinjuro

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:41:51 AM

What is the percentage of India that are vegan?
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 03:43:20 AM

Uh, pardon me but who knows and who cares?

My $.02.

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
jinjuro

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:47:59 AM

My $.02.

Wink

Because they mostly shown Indian with long life. I want to know how many Indian in India that are vegan.
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 03:58:41 AM

My $.02.

Wink

Because they mostly shown Indian with long life. I want to know how many Indian in India that are vegan.

Then go ask someone in India and while you're at it, ask them why they throw bodies into the Ganges and then drink the water.

My $.02.

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:20:54 AM

meat ftw.

Interesting to note that, in his book (either 'The Art of Happiness' or 'The Path to Enlightenment'; I forget but I've read both), the Dalai Lama mentioned that he had been a vegetarian until he had to start eating meat for health reasons after strong recommendations from his doctor.

Edit:  The last one has nothing to do with meat and everything to do with the fact that Shaolin monks are some of the most badass mofos on this planet.  There's a video on youtube somewhere showing aspects of their training regimen.  One clip shows a monk holding two pieces of rope with each rope tied to an adult, male bull.  As the bulls try to run away from the monk in opposite directions, he keeps them from doing so by pulling on the ropes.  I'd love to see someone else try doing that without being ripped apart.

Ah, here it is!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR5jUMolz2o

Yes I knew that he dropped out of being a vegetarian, but did you know that he advocates it?

“People think of animals as if they were vegetables, and that is not right. We have to change the way people think about animals. I encourage the Tibetan people and all people to move toward a vegetarian diet that doesn’t cause suffering.” - Dalai Lama

"I really making sort of — making effort to promote vegetarianism, but I myself remain non-vegetarian." - Dalai Lama

"It is always dangerous to ignore the suffering of any living being, of whatever species, even if we think it necessary to sacrifice an animal for the benefit of the majority. To deny the suffering involved, or to avoid thinking about it, is a convenient solution, but such an attitude opens the door to all kinds of excesses as we witness in wartime. It also destroys our own happiness.  As I often say,  sympathy and compassion always end up proving beneficial." - Dalai Lama

I'd just like to point out that I was making reference to the health benefits of meat which you had been dismissing.  You're grasping at straws when you shift from talking about health benefits to the morality of eating it, even though the point itself is related to the thread topic.

I'd also like to point out that what the Dalai Lama probably isn't saying (though it's somewhat implied) is that the fact that he both encourages those people to avoid eating meat but eats meat himself suggests that, if forced to choose between your own survival and the survival of an animal that could be eaten to prolong your own life, then it's okay to eat it.  In other words, what he isn't saying is that fighting for your own survival is of greater importance than sacrificing your own life.  Also, he's speaking more to the attitudes of most meat-eaters as being a larger problem than actually eating meat.
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 04:42:19 AM

You do know that a lot of medications contain animal products too right? And a lot of soaps have animal fats in them.

Most soft pills have animal gelatin in them.

Even some baked goods have L-cysteine from Chinese people's hair Wink

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
jinjuro

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:55:48 AM

You do know that a lot of medications contain animal products too right? And a lot of soaps have animal fats in them.

That means if we eat baked goods that uses L-cysteine we are basically eating a tiny bit of chinese people's hair.
CoinGeneral (OP)

The General

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:06:04 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2014, 06:15:28 AM by CoinGeneral

I'd just like to point out that I was making reference to the health benefits of meat which you had been dismissing.  You're grasping at straws when you shift from talking about health benefits to the morality of eating it, even though the point itself is related to the thread topic.

Benefits of meat eating... What are those exactly? What possible benefit comes through eating meat that you cannot possibly attain by not consuming meat? I don't recall you naming any so why say that I dismissed them? If you were referring to the offhand suggestion that his doctor recommended a meat eating diet... There are also plenty of doctors that would recommend the opposite depending on the doctor.

Was the Dalai Lama really doing it for survival reasons or was he doing it for more selfish reasons? Think about it, he lives in a palace, has hundreds of servants, controls his own government, commands a small former-country. All he had to do was be born and be called the next reincarnation of the Dalai Lama - a holy figure in one of the world's largest religions. It is fairly simple to live life not eating meat in today's society and thrive. Come on Dalai Lama, live an honest life you holy man and stop being such a fraud.

Look up: "Dalai Lama fraud." Maybe expand your mind a little and see things from more than one angle.

The morality part was related thanks to quotes from the Dalai Lama. Would you not agree that the Dalai Lama's quotes were of morality and therefore in the most minimum way related to our discussion?

Plus, next time read the entire post you quote. I can tell you didn't because you brought up a very small part of what I said, but not the rest. Do you just agree with the rest of what I said, or do you just choose to 'dismiss' what I referenced? If you agreed with the rest, why bother replying to a very small part of it? I don't understand.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes this is a known fact.

No problem mate.

Here are the links for anyone interested:

Also yeah this next one is a scary video that no one here can watch to the end... It's impossible:

Don't watch okay?
Don't click not recommended for squeamish people

Speech by Former CEO of Citibank
Random video that can be easily watched to the end unlike the other three above

I offer 5000 Dogecoins Offer REVOKED (cause there's no way to prove it) to anyone that can watch everything to the end. Also yeah, audio has to be up. So not only do you gain more knowledge and understanding, you also earn some currency. I don't care what you do afterwards.

Honest question from last page:

I dunno dude, you have to decide for yourself. I suggest watching some videos though that will expand your knowledge and get the viewpoint on both sides. Then you can decide which is better. Better yet I would actually recommend reading some books about the subject written by doctors.

See you live in a society where people don't want you to be healthy. They want you to eat the fats, the junk, they want you to be unhealthy so they can prescribe you medicine. You know one of the main reasons for not eating meat anymore is to stop taking drugs? No more supplements, no drugs, just a natural lifestyle. Healthy for your entire life. You know what drugs are made out of anyway right? They are made up of ground up vegetables and fruits. Grounded up vegetables and fruits, put into a pill, oh for some reason you're healthy now. Yet these pills costs a lot of money depending on the condition that you have. Why take the pills when you can get all the nutrients you need from diet?

"I have an adverse reaction to many medications. In fact, the reason I became vegan is because I got disabled while in the US Marine Corps and there's no cure...just sedatives and pain killers, and I can't live like that. I read veganism could help manage my condition, and it does."

"Since I have become Vegan I have noticed that I no longer need medications such as for Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, or High Cholesterol. I do not like the side effects of medications so I only take them as a last resort. I always try to find a natural cure for any ailments prior to taking medications."

"All the vegans I know, near my age (68), don't have to take any meds of anykind, while just about all the meat eaters I know have to take a handful of pills to stay alive... "

Also here's another video, but unlike the other two, this one should be easy to watch, it's just a speech by Former CEO of Citibank:

Fauja Singh - 101 year old vegetarian still running marathons. Most people can't even run 10 miles. This guy is running 26 no problem.

Marie-Louise-Meilleur - 117 year old vegetarian. The oldest person in the world before she died.

Christian Mortensen - 115 year old male at time of death. First male CONFIRMED to reach 115, oldest man to ever to die at one point.

Long Name - 122 year old vegetarian. Unconfirmed if that was his true age and his true diet. He died around 1910s so he could have been lying.

-----------

There are some others of course, these just came up in a random Google search, like I said watch some videos, educate your mind, then decide. Don't let society brainwash you.

tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:20:05 AM

You can't live without eat meat. You need proteins, if you don't eat meat you can't be healthy.

Unfortunately, this kind of ignorance is particularly widespread and pervasive in many places around the world.  You can do a little research and learn about the body and nutrition and you'll find out that the vast majority of the proteins used in your body are synthesized by your body.  There are 12 amino acids that you need to consume because you cannot synthesize them.  These 12 can be found distributed in many vegetable foods as well as in the bodies of other animals.

It's important to learn a bit about this stuff before you pass on rumor, I think.  Nutrition is an ongoing science, there's much we still don't know about how our own bodies work in relation to our consumption, but on the other hand, there's a lot that we do know so it's not helpful to spread known falsehoods.
Dogtanian

Activity: 756

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:26:40 PM

You can't live without eat meat. You need proteins, if you don't eat meat you can't be healthy.

Unfortunately, this kind of ignorance is particularly widespread and pervasive in many places around the world.  You can do a little research and learn about the body and nutrition and you'll find out that the vast majority of the proteins used in your body are synthesized by your body.  There are 12 amino acids that you need to consume because you cannot synthesize them.  These 12 can be found distributed in many vegetable foods as well as in the bodies of other animals.

It's important to learn a bit about this stuff before you pass on rumor, I think.  Nutrition is an ongoing science, there's much we still don't know about how our own bodies work in relation to our consumption, but on the other hand, there's a lot that we do know so it's not helpful to spread known falsehoods.

There's always going to be ignorant people who have no interest in facts or enlightening themselves. It's pointless arguing with them really.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 08:21:31 PM

I'd just like to point out that I was making reference to the health benefits of meat which you had been dismissing.  You're grasping at straws when you shift from talking about health benefits to the morality of eating it, even though the point itself is related to the thread topic.

Benefits of meat eating... What are those exactly? What possible benefit comes through eating meat that you cannot possibly attain by not consuming meat? I don't recall you naming any so why say that I dismissed them? If you were referring to the offhand suggestion that his doctor recommended a meat eating diet... There are also plenty of doctors that would recommend the opposite depending on the doctor.

Was the Dalai Lama really doing it for survival reasons or was he doing it for more selfish reasons? Think about it, he lives in a palace, has hundreds of servants, controls his own government, commands a small former-country. All he had to do was be born and be called the next reincarnation of the Dalai Lama - a holy figure in one of the world's largest religions. It is fairly simple to live life not eating meat in today's society and thrive. Come on Dalai Lama, live an honest life you holy man and stop being such a fraud.

Look up: "Dalai Lama fraud." Maybe expand your mind a little and see things from more than one angle.

The morality part was related thanks to quotes from the Dalai Lama. Would you not agree that the Dalai Lama's quotes were of morality and therefore in the most minimum way related to our discussion?

Plus, next time read the entire post you quote. I can tell you didn't because you brought up a very small part of what I said, but not the rest. Do you just agree with the rest of what I said, or do you just choose to 'dismiss' what I referenced? If you agreed with the rest, why bother replying to a very small part of it? I don't understand.

Yes this is a known fact.

No problem mate.

Here are the links for anyone interested:

Don't watch okay?
Don't click not recommended for squeamish people

Speech by Former CEO of Citibank
Random video that can be easily watched to the end unlike the other three above

I offer 5000 Dogecoins to anyone that can watch everything to the end. Also yeah, audio has to be up. So not only do you gain more knowledge and understanding, you also earn some currency. I don't care what you do afterwards.

Honest question from last page:

-----------

Wow dude, I don't know where to begin.  Why do you keep talking about things that have nothing to do with the health benefits of meat (e.g. The Dalai Lama fraud issue, which by the way I'm familiar with and know those claims are ridiculously absurd)?  That does nothing to support your case and everything to suggest that perhaps you're the brainwashed one here.

Meat is good for you.  I know this from experience, from scientific literature, and from common sense.   Then add the fact that it's so damn TASTY, like fruit, and like complex carbohydrates like potatoes and yams and such.  The reason things are tasty is because they contain lots of energy.  Nature has this lovely way of making foods full of energy taste good, and the things we shouldn't eat taste god awful.  Vegetables are tolerable, but hardly tasty all on their own unless you add other tasty things. Why?  Because vegetables contain such low amounts of energy that you have to spend hours preparing and eating them!  Why not just eat a steak and get 500-1000 calories in a much faster, tastier way?

I eat almost zero vegetables and am in the best shape of my life (have pictures to prove it).  And, I don't clear a room every time I take a few steps Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: