Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 07:34:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29]
  Print  
Author Topic: What's wrong with eating meat?  (Read 30221 times)
bananaeater

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 08:20:10 AM

Thee is absolutely nothing wrong with eating meat. People do their choices by their own, but some of them just think if they chose something, they need to let others know about it and even force them to make the same chioce.

There is a lot of negativity coming from vegetarians and vegans lately. I dont like it. i personally dont eat meat, but i dont give a shit about what others eat. They can even eat their own shit, i not gonna tell a single word to them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 08:26:18 AM

It is potentially the way in which we acquire meat which causes the ethical dilemma.  Not only that but with modern farming methods the meat is often poor quality which is perhaps a giveaway that something is not right.

salmondance

Activity: 40

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 08:32:11 AM

At first i quitted consuming fast food burgers cuz all of a sudden i found them disgusting. Then i learned more about meat produsing and i just can't.
AlPutino

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 09:19:32 AM

Nothing. you can eat whatever you want.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 09:35:49 AM

Nothing. you can eat whatever you want.
There will always be a few persons who will complain just about anything.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 10:45:19 AM

Just stumbled across this thread am thought I'd be interested in knowing more about vegans since someone I know became a vegan a few months ago but am unsure what the effects are on the body hence why I'm confused and whether or not people go vegan for ideological reasons (PETA/animal rights,etc) or for reasons relating to health I don't really know.

As I noticed that this person lost a fair amount of weight and seemed happy about it as a result of switching to a vegan diet but are there downsides to this that I don't know about?

I would like to get more informed about people who are vegans hence why I'm posting here.Thanks Smiley

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]
p

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 05:15:01 PM

Animals die, you buy theirs meat and eat it. ANIMALS DIE IN THIS PROGRES!!!!!
whitegrey

Activity: 175
Merit: 113

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 05:31:15 PM

I'm what's called a "flexitarian" I guess :p
Which means I still do eat meat - but I've reduced it drastically compared to a few years ago (where I had at least _some_ meat literally every day) -> right now it's about 1x meat per week (and if so only once a day and not e.g. on 2 or 3 meals, and from a farm I know or from organic shops, not cheap packed mass-produced meat). The Rest of my meals/foods are vegetarian, sometimes vegan.

I think this 'style' is much more like it was done in the earlier days when mass production and mass herding was not here so I'd call it a more natural way. When people (on farms) did slaughter an animal on their farm they did live on it for quite some time and some parts of the meat were like 'special' and e.g. for sundays and religious feast days only, it also didn't happen very often for the bigger animals (sometimes a adult pig was slaughtered only after a few years - not months). Sure, that's still killing of animals - but in a way different spirit then it is with mass-production for pure profit and export not feeding yourself.

And with all of that my behavior with consumption of good in general changed - I try to buy local now, I take a look at the transport-routes that have been put into e.g. vegetables, I support fair-trade, organic stuff and so on...

It feels better then before. Just to mention; I did try the strict vegan thing already - was no problem for me and kept it up for like 3 months. But my job/work environment is not really supportive when it comes to this so I had to give it up (I'm often on the road with my job and can't always 'choose' what's available and what not according to catering and meals).

What changed my mind? This video I guess;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UROxRLbVils
LostDutchman

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 12:27:21 AM

Sunday there will free range Bison steaks on the grill with veggies.

Much beer and wine.

Good music and good people.

Been gone for a while due to health issues but everything is OK now.

Just kind of took a break from the madness of crypto!

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 07:39:13 PM

According to PETA, cats can thrive on a vegetarian diet: http://www.peta.org/about-peta/faq/is-it-safe-to-feed-my-dog-or-cat-a-vegetarian-diet/

It's pretty silly that they try to justify such a diet for strict carnivores likes cats.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
IamCANADIAN013

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:23:35 PM

According to PETA, cats can thrive on a vegetarian diet: http://www.peta.org/about-peta/faq/is-it-safe-to-feed-my-dog-or-cat-a-vegetarian-diet/

It's pretty silly that they try to justify such a diet for strict carnivores likes cats.

LOL! I've read a few reports where cats have died and/or become very sick from vegetarian diets.  For what it's worth, PETA should not be trusted about anything.   They are the biggest hypocrites out there.  They tell us that it's wrong to kill animals, but yet they do it themselves.

http://rt.com/usa/peta-shelters-animals-killing-975/
CoinGeneral (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

The General

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:40:17 PM
Last edit: July 02, 2014, 12:02:06 AM by CoinGeneral

LOL! I've read a few reports where cats have died and/or become very sick from vegetarian diets.  For what it's worth, PETA should not be trusted about anything.   They are the biggest hypocrites out there.  They tell us that it's wrong to kill animals, but yet they do it themselves.

Yes they can thrive on a vegetarian diet, they can also get sick from a vegetarian diet. They can do either one very well, but because the majority of humans are closed minded individuals not willing to go against their religious beliefs, all of a sudden if one cat becomes sick through a vegetarian diet, simple minded human conclusion is: "LOL PETA CAN'T BE TRUSTED!!!!!!"

For example, at one point the oldest living dog in the world was a vegan dog, living up to 189 dog years, holding the Guinness world record:

http://www.care2.com/greenliving/vegetarian-dog-lives-to-189-years.html

I used to be as ignorant and foolish as you two by the way, not knowing what I was missing out on and not unlocking my true potential by trying out something new and removing meat from my diet. So that's okay, I think we're all ignorant and foolish at one point in our lives, we might have been brought up in a religion for example, or maybe thought pop idols such as Justin Bieber were heroes, or maybe made a lot of stupid decisions, who knows.

But from my own experience, every single aspect of my life has improved thanks to changing my diet. Literally everything. It's the ultimate panacea. It's a revelation, a single change in my life that changed it for the better. I think if you're eating meat, you don't have as much energy, as much of a clear mind, or as much power and intelligence as I and other vegetarians and vegans have on a daily basis.

If you don't believe me, check out how crime rates improved after a vegan diet: http://vegetarianspotlight.com/2011/vegan-diet-impacts-california-prison/

In a video-taped interview obtained by Vegetarian Spotlight, Victor Valley nutrition services coordinator Julianne Aranda explains that “what we eat not only affects us physically, but it affects our mental attitude, our aggressiveness and our ability to make good decisions”

There's a lot of scumbags on the planet, a lot of rapists, muderers, scammers, people that will deceive you in order to take a full advantage of you. Millions of people get sent to the hospital per year due to illness and diseases, and most people think that's just normal.

But the oldest vegetarians and vegans out there are always full of energy and health like I am, the oldest marathon runner in the world is a 103 year old vegetarian, the first male to 115 years old was a vegetarian heavy drinker and smoker, the ultramarathon world record belongs to two vegans 68 and 64 years old, speaking of world records even the heaviest weight lifted in the world belongs to a vegan, most ironman championship wins world record belong to a vegan too.

It allowed people to think more clearly, allowed people to think far enough ahead about their decisions so they don't commit crimes. Seriously, if you're eating meat, you're nowhere near as fast or clear a thinker as a vegetarian or vegan nearby. Sorry but you're dulled and hindered by the crap you eat.

103 year old marathon runner - world record holder - full of energy and full of life

Here are some famous vegetarians and vegans, let me know what you think:

Einstein - Theory of Relativity. Had the most groundbreaking discovery of the 20th century.
Isaac Newton - Created Calculus and Founded Physics. He is considered the father of Physics, the father of Calculus, the Father of Modern Medicine, and even the Father of Modern Science.
Nikola Tesla - Invented the radio and Alternating Current. Has a cult following that many of his inventions were stolen.
Gandhi - Civil Rights Movement
Buddha - Founded Buddhism
Steve Jobs - Created Apple
Ramanujan - Genius mathematician.
Edward Wittin - Einstein's successor and foremost string theorist
Brian Greene - Genius who refuted Einstein's theory that space could stretch but not tear.
Rosa Parks
Thomas Edison
Benjamin Franklin
Prince
Mike Tyson
Forest Whitaker
Natalie Portman
George Bernard Shaw
Leonardo Da Vinci
Leo Tolstoy
Cesar Chavez
Russell Brand
Carl Lewis
Paul McCartney
Bree Olson
Alicia Silverstone
John Harvey Kellogg
Michael Jackson

IDK you may not know the next people on the list, I don't know much about athletes but when I talked to people who do, they recognized these names. I mean I know Mike Tyson of course, but I don't know much about these next people in the list to be honest, they were apparently some of the best athletes in the world and vegetarian:

Joe Namath
Tony La Russa
Martina Navratilova
Robert Parish
Billie Jean King
Carl Lewis
Timothy Bradley

From my own experience it's hard for me NOT to accomplish anything, I've just been able to dominate almost every endeavour put in front of me thus far since I changed my diet, it is so funny sometimes that people don't believe you, but I'm a completely different, better person. It's a huge boost to what I was before, I'm not joking, I'm better in every single aspect. It's amazing. But hey, you don't have to believe, just ask Einstein or Thomas Edison, the wizard of Menlo Park, or even Leonardo Da Vinci, the smartest people of their time, dominating.

Heck if you want a starter to see why you should try a vegan or vegetarian diet, watch the videos on my signature. Otherwise you're just a closed minded individual left behind in my dust of accomplishments and improved intelligence Smiley.

Smiley

XD

Benefits I felt after taking meat out of my diet

Prevent the top 10 leading causes of death by becoming Vegan

Girl has stage 3 brain cancer, changes to vegan diet, cures cancer

Guy has AIDs, switches to vegan diet, cures AIDS

Baitty

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Currently held as collateral by monbux

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:42:01 PM

I would never force feed a animal a particular diet. I would try to give them a variety and if they dont like a particular thing then I wouldn't give it to them again. Giving them no meat is just wrong.

Currently held as collateral by monbux
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 02:27:15 PM

LOL! I've read a few reports where cats have died and/or become very sick from vegetarian diets.  For what it's worth, PETA should not be trusted about anything.   They are the biggest hypocrites out there.  They tell us that it's wrong to kill animals, but yet they do it themselves.

Yes they can thrive on a vegetarian diet, they can also get sick from a vegetarian diet. They can do either one very well, but because the majority of humans are closed minded individuals not willing to go against their religious beliefs, all of a sudden if one cat becomes sick through a vegetarian diet, simple minded human conclusion is: "LOL PETA CAN'T BE TRUSTED!!!!!!"

For example, at one point the oldest living dog in the world was a vegan dog, living up to 189 dog years, holding the Guinness world record:

I used to be as ignorant and foolish as you two by the way, not knowing what I was missing out on and not unlocking my true potential by trying out something new and removing meat from my diet. So that's okay, I think we're all ignorant and foolish at one point in our lives, we might have been brought up in a religion for example, or maybe thought pop idols such as Justin Bieber were heroes, or maybe made a lot of stupid decisions, who knows.

But from my own experience, every single aspect of my life has improved thanks to changing my diet. Literally everything. It's the ultimate panacea. It's a revelation, a single change in my life that changed it for the better. I think if you're eating meat, you don't have as much energy, as much of a clear mind, or as much power and intelligence as I and other vegetarians and vegans have on a daily basis.

If you don't believe me, check out how crime rates improved after a vegan diet: http://vegetarianspotlight.com/2011/vegan-diet-impacts-california-prison/

In a video-taped interview obtained by Vegetarian Spotlight, Victor Valley nutrition services coordinator Julianne Aranda explains that “what we eat not only affects us physically, but it affects our mental attitude, our aggressiveness and our ability to make good decisions”

There's a lot of scumbags on the planet, a lot of rapists, muderers, scammers, people that will deceive you in order to take a full advantage of you. Millions of people get sent to the hospital per year due to illness and diseases, and most people think that's just normal.

But the oldest vegetarians and vegans out there are always full of energy and health like I am, the oldest marathon runner in the world is a 103 year old vegetarian, the first male to 115 years old was a vegetarian heavy drinker and smoker, the ultramarathon world record belongs to two vegans 68 and 64 years old, speaking of world records even the heaviest weight lifted in the world belongs to a vegan, most ironman championship wins world record belong to a vegan too.

It allowed people to think more clearly, allowed people to think far enough ahead about their decisions so they don't commit crimes. Seriously, if you're eating meat, you're nowhere near as fast or clear a thinker as a vegetarian or vegan nearby. Sorry but you're dulled and hindered by the crap you eat.

103 year old marathon runner - world record holder - full of energy and full of life

Einstein - Theory of Relativity. Had the most groundbreaking discovery of the 20th century.
Isaac Newton - Created Calculus and Founded Physics. He is considered the father of Physics, the father of Calculus, the Father of Modern Medicine, and even the Father of Modern Science.
Nikola Tesla - Invented the radio and Alternating Current. Has a cult following that many of his inventions were stolen.
Brian Greene - Genius who refuted Einstein's theory that space could stretch but not tear.
Rosa Parks
Thomas Edison
Benjamin Franklin
Prince
Mike Tyson
Forest Whitaker
Natalie Portman
George Bernard Shaw
Leonardo Da Vinci
Leo Tolstoy
Cesar Chavez
Russell Brand
Carl Lewis
Paul McCartney
Bree Olson
Alicia Silverstone
John Harvey Kellogg
Michael Jackson

IDK you may not know the next people on the list, I don't know much about athletes but when I talked to people who do, they recognized these names. I mean I know Mike Tyson of course, but I don't know much about these next people in the list to be honest, they were apparently some of the best athletes in the world and vegetarian:

Joe Namath
Tony La Russa
Martina Navratilova
Robert Parish
Billie Jean King
Carl Lewis
Timothy Bradley

From my own experience it's hard for me NOT to accomplish anything, I've just been able to dominate almost every endeavour put in front of me thus far since I changed my diet, it is so funny sometimes that people don't believe you, but I'm a completely different, better person. It's a huge boost to what I was before, I'm not joking, I'm better in every single aspect. It's amazing. But hey, you don't have to believe, just ask Einstein or Thomas Edison, the wizard of Menlo Park, or even Leonardo Da Vinci, the smartest people of their time, dominating.

Heck if you want a starter to see why you should try a vegan or vegetarian diet, watch the videos on my signature. Otherwise you're just a closed minded individual left behind in my dust of accomplishments and improved intelligence Smiley.

Smiley

XD

It's a shame that veganism apparently doesn't help to increase your self-awareness because you overlook the fact that virtually all of your long-winded posts contain, at most, a couple sentences that are actually contextually relevant.

When 90% of your posts is you going off in logical fallacy land (i.e. strawmen, ad populum, false causation, false dichotomy, and the list goes on and on...), I really, *really* start questioning your claims of superior intelligence. 
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 05:48:15 PM

Rosa Parks
Thomas Edison
Benjamin Franklin
Prince
Mike Tyson
Forest Whitaker
Natalie Portman
George Bernard Shaw
Leonardo Da Vinci
Leo Tolstoy
Cesar Chavez
Russell Brand
Carl Lewis
Paul McCartney
Bree Olson
Alicia Silverstone
John Harvey Kellogg
Michael Jackson

Joe Namath
Tony La Russa
Martina Navratilova
Robert Parish
Billie Jean King
Carl Lewis
Timothy Bradley

Smiley

XD

Lol, us two are ignorant and foolish because we believe that a carnivore such as a cat should be fed meat? They're called carnivores for a reason you know...

For all we know that vegan dog could have been getting his nutrients from insects and rodents when his deluded owners weren't paying attention.

You said vegans are less aggressive, that's probably because they suffer from low testosterone.

It's funny how you consider us to be close-minded because we enjoy and benefit from a vast variety of nutritious foods, while you restrict yourself to fruits/veggies/grains.

There's another thing that's pretty weird too. You kept posting pics of vegan bodybuilders, so I checked out the website and a lit of those bodybuilders posted that they eat a low-carb/high-protein diet on their profiles. I don't see how they're doing that with unprocessed plant-based foods that are high in carbs. They must be wasting tons of money on highly-processed vegan protein shakes.

No thank you, I'll continue getting my high-quality protein from yummy animals.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29]
  Print  

Jump to: