Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:19:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 [408] 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karma / ₭ / X11  (Read 583015 times)
kosmost

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2017, 10:02:16 PM

Does anyone that received their coins back from the old MintPal wallet have an address they'd like to share (to where you received coins)? Looks like it's not going to be easy.

Thanks in advance!

Workchain – Powering the Decentralized Economy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2017, 10:09:03 PM

To get Karmaplex started, would there be anyone willing upload a video from the kindness of your heart, with the possibility of receiving Karma from others?

When there's some interest then I'll write up a short tutorial (if you need it).

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2017, 10:14:29 PM

I think the first exchange we try to get onto should be bleutrade.com. This could happen as soon as the main website is finished.

they've been good to Karma since 2014 and very helpful. If we do the same volume we did a few days ago on YoBit, we could be their #3 coin! They also have a Doge pairing, as noted by luckyguy

After that, Bittrex and Cryptopia.

What does everyone think?

bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 01:57:12 AM

And why you dont buy it? OR at least update the first post so that we could see more information , like total supply or other informations
Edit: the coins from cryptsy are in possesion of the devs or somebody else?

I contacted the guy in charge of the recovered Cryptsy wallets. He mentioned that he destroyed the wallet copy once it was claimed. He didn't say by who, but said he tried his best to contact each coin. He just did it on the old thread.

Some guy who tried to claim the Dogecoin wallet because he had 100 Doge (!) tried to claim the Karma wallet. I don't know if he was successful, but maybe.

Cryptsy went offline 145 days ago, and I don't see any big wallets that have been touched in under 300 days. The more active wallets seem to start under 300m coins. (They may have had 1 large reserve wallet and several smaller wallets. Not sure how that worked.)

Wallet might be broken down to thousands of wallets. so i am not sure if you can tell just by staring at explorer. But you make a point. at least the coins havent move.

That person should come forward here..

By the way, you still have MintPal's Karma wallet in your possession, right? How many coins does it have in it? 7 billion or something? What's the address?

Do you have a plan for that?

yes i have it. the plan was to return %92 of them to each user in there. emails were sent. many times. over a period of a year or more most was claimed. the rest was suppose be decided if either distribute the rest back to the users for %100 back & burn the coins, or burn the coins and leave it at %92.

Since the momentum has died out and i rarely get any emails or users care to come here. i will most likely burn them

To clear up mintpal coins. The claims have stalled for past months. or maybe a year. i tried to contact remaining users via email many time.

Who ever responded got their %92.3 of their coins back in two rounds. First round %90 of their coins. and second round ~%2.3.

The remaining of the unclaimed coins will be burned soon as i figure out best method. Once they are burn all the info about the burn and the burn address will be public. Consider those coins dead.
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 02:06:24 AM

And why you dont buy it? OR at least update the first post so that we could see more information , like total supply or other informations

I contacted the guy in charge of the recovered Cryptsy wallets. He mentioned that he destroyed the wallet copy once it was claimed. He didn't say by who, but said he tried his best to contact each coin. He just did it on the old thread.

Some guy who tried to claim the Dogecoin wallet because he had 100 Doge (!) tried to claim the Karma wallet. I don't know if he was successful, but maybe.

Cryptsy went offline 145 days ago, and I don't see any big wallets that have been touched in under 300 days. The more active wallets seem to start under 300m coins. (They may have had 1 large reserve wallet and several smaller wallets. Not sure how that worked.)

Wallet might be broken down to thousands of wallets. so i am not sure if you can tell just by staring at explorer. But you make a point. at least the coins havent move.

By the way, you still have MintPal's Karma wallet in your possession, right? How many coins does it have in it? 7 billion or something? What's the address?

yes i have it. the plan was to return %92 of them to each user in there. emails were sent. many times. over a period of a year or more most was claimed. the rest was suppose be decided if either distribute the rest back to the users for %100 back & burn the coins, or burn the coins and leave it at %92.

Since the momentum has died out and i rarely get any emails or users care to come here. i will most likely burn them

To clear up mintpal coins. The claims have stalled for past months. or maybe a year. i tried to contact remaining users via email many time.

Who ever responded got their %92.3 of their coins back in two rounds. First round %90 of their coins. and second round ~%2.3.

The remaining of the unclaimed coins will be burned soon as i figure out best method. Once they are burn all the info about the burn and the burn address will be public. Consider those coins dead.

But they're not dead Smiley

Let's ask the Karma community what should be done about the coins. (You implied that they were never asked.) If most of the coins were not returned, wouldn't they belong to the community by default?

Why not help Karma?

Also, you still have not provided the address. Why is that?

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 02:13:11 AM

Cryptsy coins: stolen by an anonymous bitcointalk user, never to be seen again

MintPal coins: in your possession, and many of the coins could not be returned. You'd rather burn them than use them to help Karma grow.

How about all the Crypsty folks? What do they get? Shouldn't we care more about the Karma community? This is karma, after all.

But if you don't want to provide the address (should be simple enough) then it just seems off. Is it a secret?

How many coins? You still didn't say, but isn't it somewhere around 6 or 7 billion?

bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 02:18:57 AM

Let's ask the Karma community what should be done about the coins. If most of the coins were not returned, wouldn't they belong to the community by default?

Why not help Karma?

haha. Kosmost welcome back. But you can't waltz in here and demand stuff you have no place in.

The coins belonged to the traders. go find them and ask them for the wallet info. i wont be sharing their info here. back in 2015 when those few dealt with this while you were gone, they knew the info.

No, those coins do no belong to you, they do not belong to anyone but the traders who paid money for.  who ever cared or was able to get my emails/tweets and fb msgs for years came back and filled the claim. some didn't bothered. the deed is done. the rest if getting burned.

When i am done. i will share the info to the people who worked with me on designing the claim structure. East , Andre , Ryan , etc. they can come and vouch if they care. I don't need to provide anything here. i know i did the right thing. Who ever sent claims got them. over %66 of coins got returned.

please drop this. my mintpal claims have been ongoing since march 2015. you had a long time to voice you opinion.
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 02:26:21 AM

Let's ask the Karma community what should be done about the coins. If most of the coins were not returned, wouldn't they belong to the community by default?

Why not help Karma?

haha. Kosmost welcome back. But you can't waltz in here and demand stuff you have no place in.

The coins belonged to the traders. go find them and ask them for the wallet info. i wont be sharing their info here. back in 2015 when those few dealt with this while you were gone, they knew the info.

No, those coins do no belong to you, they do not belong to anyone but the traders who paid money for.  who ever cared or was able to get my emails/tweets and fb msgs for years came back and filled the claim. some didn't bothered. the deed is done. the rest if getting burned.

When i am done. i will share the info to the people who worked with me on designing the claim structure. East , Andre , Ryan , etc. they can come and vouch if they care. I don't need to provide anything here. i know i did the right thing. Who ever sent claims got them. over %66 of coins got returned.

please drop this. my mintpal claims have been ongoing since march 2015. you had a long time to voice you opinion.

I checked the threads. You never provided the address of the wallet. So I am asking now. What is the address of the wallet? Simple question.

Can I "waltz in here" and ask for the address? Why not just provide it?

Telling the address does not transfer the funds into my Swiss bank account, obviously. It's just a matter of transparency. I'm not the suspicious actor in this case.

I have been entrusted with 10+ billion coins before, 100% returned without a single coin lost. But for some reason providing the address is really difficult? I'm sure I am speaking for many members of the community.. Why is it a difficult question?

Doesn't the Karma community deserve to know?

bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 02:33:35 AM

I said it above. I will not provide the info. Well maybe after they get burned i may try to provide enough info, or may not. the mintpal coin's are dead. no wallet info will be shared. We can go back and forth all you want, but you'll only be spamming and bringing more drama to this thread.
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 02:36:19 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2017, 08:12:09 AM by kosmost

I said it above. I will not provide the info. Well maybe after they get burned i may try to provide enough info, or may not. the mintpal coin's are dead. no wallet info will be shared. We can go back and forth all you want, but you'll only be spamming and bringing more drama to this thread.

Obviously, I am trying to bring new life into the coin. I prefer to resolve all open issues, not just this one.

The reason I continue to ask is because you continue to avoid sharing PUBLIC information. It's not private, it's on the Karma blockchain. You're doing your best to keep this public information secret, which warrants attention. It's very reasonable to ask these questions regarding this OPEN issue. It's not dead at all, because the coins exist somewhere. (More specifically, they are in your possession.)

Telling the address does nothing harmful, as you know. Do you really have a good reason not to share the address? I can't think of any. Maybe it's because of my low IQ, but please help me here.

I will continue to go "back and forth" until this matter is properly resolved. That's how issues get resolved.

Just provide the address, please. Then we can avoid whatever drama you think will flow on these pages.

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 02:43:29 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2017, 08:07:32 AM by kosmost

It seems that you agree that you are not providing enough info.

Would you also agree that it seems suspicious? It seems to some others like you've stolen the coins, so it may be better to just post the address. But I wouldn't want anyone to think that, because we worked closely together before and I have nothing against you at all. Providing the address will help to satisfy the questions that a few members of the community have posed to me.

Doing it for Karma, not my own benefit. I really don't have time for this kind of drama.

2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 03:31:31 AM

kosmost I'm trying to recover my old wallet, but I would like to get a safe link to the wallet so I can install it safely. Could you provide it? Thanks in advance

PC, Mac, or Linux?

I have a unrelated question you seam very knoledgeble maybe know the answer: if I take a Karma wallet.dat file and put it on the linux will it work? Right now all my windows qt wallets have that wallet.dat but I'm thinking to move over to Linux so I don't have to use the 2 operating systems it's a pain but i'm not sure if the wallet files will work?

Thanks.

yes, it's designed to work with either. Just make sure you back up your wallets.

Though if you use both at the same time there could be a problem, because the addresses would be different I think.

Ok thanks. Is there a link to an instruction how to install the Linux QT wallet? I have never installed one, if you don't have instruction for Karma it can be any QT once I know one I'll figure Karma's version. Thanks.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 04:34:16 AM

I can't find a working link for the wallet.

Our apologies for the inconvenience. We have recently begun working to revive the coin, including making website updates. For now, please see the windows wallet at http://karmacoin.net/wallets/Karmacoin_windows.zip

(if you need another version for Mac or Linux let me know)

Almost forgot. You'll need to add nodes to connect. There are two methods:

1) create a karma.conf file:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579973.msg19477939#msg19477939

2) add them from the wallet console: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579973.msg19471894#msg19471894

let us know if you need any other help

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 04:36:05 AM

kosmost I'm trying to recover my old wallet, but I would like to get a safe link to the wallet so I can install it safely. Could you provide it? Thanks in advance

PC, Mac, or Linux?

I have a unrelated question you seam very knoledgeble maybe know the answer: if I take a Karma wallet.dat file and put it on the linux will it work? Right now all my windows qt wallets have that wallet.dat but I'm thinking to move over to Linux so I don't have to use the 2 operating systems it's a pain but i'm not sure if the wallet files will work?

Thanks.

yes, it's designed to work with either. Just make sure you back up your wallets.

Though if you use both at the same time there could be a problem, because the addresses would be different I think.

Ok thanks. Is there a link to an instruction how to install the Linux QT wallet? I have never installed one, if you don't have instruction for Karma it can be any QT once I know one I'll figure Karma's version. Thanks.

Please refer to the above. We had version karmacoin-0.8.6.2.4-amd64.deb of the Linux wallet, but the current version is 0.8.6.2.5.

Hope this helps. If not, please let us know Smiley

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 06:19:05 AM
Last edit: July 07, 2017, 04:18:33 AM by kosmost

Should we just re-launch the coin? There are too many unknowns at this point. I really don't want to do that (for the benefit of the Karma community) but I also realize we may not get very far under the current conditions.

Maybe relaunch on a platform like Ethereum? That may be our best bet at this point, and there could be lots of things we could do with it from there. Also, we would not have to worry about the wallet so much.

(Waves also looks interesting and probably has more reputable developers, but Ethereum could have the largest ecosystem by next year. Though they may have a problem with scaling with more autonomous entities running on the platform.)

I'm thinking only 888,000 coins. No ICO or pre-mine. Just pure Karma. Karma should be pure, not muddled with fifflyfluff.

I realize this is the nuclear option, since most of us own some Karma. At this point I don't really know what options we have that could secure the integrity of our coin, especially as it rises in price (i.e., some holders may be waiting to dump and profit from their theft, to the detriment of Karma).

If there's interest in other options then I'll create a new announcement post with a poll asking what Karma's future should be.

For example:

[ ] Keep things the way they are
[ ] Relaunch the coin as an independent coin (as it is now) on a new blockchain
[ ] Relaunch the coin on Waves
[ ] Relaunch the coin on Counterparty
[ ] Relaunch the coin on Ethereum
etc

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 07:57:51 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2017, 08:32:37 AM by kosmost

While browsing through the blockchain (as I sometimes like to do) I noticed that the KarmaToken was the recipient of massive amounts of Karma the day of KTN's launch.

For example, this transaction on November 2: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/karm/tx.dws?2449957.htm

is from this wallet with over 6,000 addresses: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/karm/address.dws?KPMgFrJf1a8bL7TZQmuy1z13wjcrjteAtk.htm

No doubt an exchange wallet. Perhaps it is Cryptsy's. There are many, many deposits: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/karm/wallet.dws?400656.htm

It currently holds 15,920,710,199 (even after investing billions in KTN) and last had activity 36 days ago, viewable here: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/karm/#!wallets

It seems like the person who stole the wallet for themselves transferred coins to different addresses within the same wallet  but many of those coins ended up in the KTN wallet. I guess they thought it was as simple as putting a few token in the local Self-Launder-O-Matt. Not very bright, I might add.

I will inform EastEagle of this, since he most likely doesn't know about it.

The blockchain lasts forever, wouldn't you know.

If this person last transferred Karma 36 days ago, they are most certainly waiting for Karma to rise in order to dump, which is a good reason for us to start fresh with 100% pure Karma.

2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 08:07:39 AM

I don't know if you guys know this but on:

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/karmacoin/#markets

The only market listed is Yobit, is that true?

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Alphi

Activity: 798

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 08:21:20 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2017, 08:43:24 AM by Alphi

Should we just re-launch the coin? There are too many unknowns at this point. I really don't want to do that (for the benefit of the Karma community) but I also realize we may not get very far under the current conditions.

Maybe relaunch on a platform like Ethereum? That may be our best bet at this point, and there could be lots of things we could do with it from there. Also, we would not have to worry about the wallet so much.

(Waves also looks interesting and probably has more reputable developers, but Ethereum could have the largest ecosystem by next year. Though they may have a problem with scaling with more autonomous entities running on the platform.)

I'm thinking only 888,000 coins. No ICO or pre-mine. Just pure Karma. Karma should be pure, not muddled with fifflyfluff.

I realize this is a nuclear option, since most of us own some Karma. At this point I don't really know what options we have that could secure the integrity of our coin, especially as it rises in price (i.e., some holders may be waiting to dump and profit from their activity, to the detriment of Karma).

If there's interest in other options then I'll create a new announcement post with a poll asking what Karma's future should be.

For example:

[ ] Relaunch the coin as an independent coin (as it is now)
etc

Hi Kosmost.. glad to see your still around.
I have been with Karma since its first few months of birth.
Just a few points:

1)
The reality is that at this stage the vast majority of coins are in the hands of criminals, crooks and gamblers.
That means that whatever good comes out of the existing Karma network going forward will mostly benefit those criminals, crooks and gamblers directly.

2)
Due to the excessive amount of coins in circulation value of Karm is so low that it would be almost impossible to get is listed against Bitcoin or Ether with any reasonable degree of liquidity.

3) the fundamentals of Karma are broken.. almost all of the coins were mined in the first few years which meant that early adopters controlled most of the coins. This made it much harder to encourage new miners and users to jump on board.

Really what this coin needs to do is drastically reduce the number of coins available and make the distribution more even across the years.

Coins need some kind of stability if they are going to be used as a currency so perhaps the amount of coins mined per year should be closer to that of inflation 3-5%

my vote would be for a relaunch of the coin using the same code base and assets but changed fundamentals so that early miners are rewarded but not given a free pass to instamine the the vast majority of coins that will ever exist.

Karma was a good idea but it was ruined by people speculating on exchanges.. the only way to mitigate against this is to make sure that the majority of coins are not mined until infrastructure can be put in place so that people can use the coin for something other than speculation and gambling.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 08:56:38 AM

I can't believe I've only re-joined this thread 5 days ago. Or, as some would say, "waltzed in". So much has happened in the past few days I feel like my head is spinning.

So many productive things could have been accomplished in the past year or more. How easy would it have been to put up a simple website for Karma? or one of many other things to add value?

Sometimes I feel like the guy from the TV that never ages because he kissed the white wizard:

Now that that's out of the way.. a toast to a future of good Karma and an end to all the bad karma.

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 09:03:39 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2017, 01:15:32 PM by kosmost

I realize this is a nuclear option, since most of us own some Karma. At this point I don't really know what options we have that could secure the integrity of our coin, especially as it rises in price (i.e., some holders may be waiting to dump and profit from their activity, to the detriment of Karma).

For example:

[ ] Relaunch the coin as an independent coin (as it is now)
etc

Hi Kosmost.. glad to see your still around.
I have been with Karma since its first few months of birth.
Just a few points:

1)
The reality is that at this stage the vast majority of coins are in the hands of criminals, crooks and gamblers.
That means that whatever good comes out of the existing Karma network going forward will mostly benefit those criminals, crooks and gamblers directly.

2)
Due to the excessive amount of coins in circulation value of Karm is so low that it would be almost impossible to get is listed against Bitcoin or Ether with any reasonable degree of liquidity.

3) the fundamentals of Karma are broken.. almost all of the coins were mined in the first few years which meant that early adopters controlled most of the coins. This made it much harder to encourage new miners and users to jump on board.

Really what this coin needs to do is drastically reduce the number of coins available and make the distribution more even across the years.

Coins need some kind of stability if they are going to be used as a currency so perhaps the amount of coins mined per year should be closer to that of inflation 3-5%

my vote would be for a relaunch of the coin using the same code base and assets but changed fundamentals so that early miners are rewarded but not given a free pass to instamine the the vast majority of coins that will ever exist.

Karma was a good idea but it was ruined by people speculating on exchanges.. the only way to mitigate against this is to make sure that the majority of coins are not mined until infrastructure can be put in place so that people can use the coin for something other than speculation and gambling.

Hi, Alphi. Nice to see you again.

All good points. One of the main benefits of a platform is to put the coin in the hands of more everyday people. As the platforms mature more services will come out for it. I would imagine, for example, that we would send many new users from the general public not to a complicated set of wallet download instructions (including waiting for blocks to be processed) but directly to an exchange or online wallet like blockchain where checking their account is simple.

I suppose we don't know exactly what the future holds, which is why coins are speculation. But if I was a guessin' man I would bet that the Bitcoin code (from which we all copy) is already old technology in light of newer platforms that have infinite possibilities.

(We could also write a piece of code for it that helps to stabilize the price and prevent market manipulation, much like Nasdaq does to prevent sudden price drops.)

3% inflation is perfect, and in line with the growth of the USD economy as well.

Pages: « 1 ... 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 [408] 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 »
  Print  

Jump to: