Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 09:10:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 [341] 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 ... 862 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65%  (Read 1260351 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
clockuniverse
Legendary

Activity: 1231
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2015, 11:53:21 PM

So today I got home from work, and I was all excited to see that my wallet was staking.  But my coin weight was only 1, and I have more coins in that 3 day old transaction then 1.
I looked back in this thread and it said it really starts after 9 days, so I was all like, "Hm, that must be it."
But then I restarted my computer and now the coin weight is like 1100.
How is that number being generated?

Also, just a suggestion for future wallet upgrades.  Can you put the coin age and coin weight (like with the Tekcoin wallet) in the Coin Control Features?  I know there is a date on there, but I find it easier at a glance if the coin age and weight is there.

Thanks!

.    Implemented!    .
. DASH’s Decentralized Governance, 
  MASTERNODES, and Instant Send.
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2015, 11:59:52 PM
Last edit: May 06, 2015, 12:23:27 AM by cryptonit

So today I got home from work, and I was all excited to see that my wallet was staking.  But my coin weight was only 1, and I have more coins in that 3 day old transaction then 1.
I looked back in this thread and it said it really starts after 9 days, so I was all like, "Hm, that must be it."
But then I restarted my computer and now the coin weight is like 1100.
How is that number being generated?

Also, just a suggestion for future wallet upgrades.  Can you put the coin age and coin weight (like with the Tekcoin wallet) in the Coin Control Features?  I know there is a date on there, but I find it easier at a glance if the coin age and weight is there.

Thanks!

thx for feedback

the estimated time to mint and coin weight display wrong information is a known bug

it was inaccurate before POS timing adjustment

but since POS timing adjustmnet its not only inaccurate it show just wrong stuff

we will fix that in one of or next wallet releases

maybe we will choose to replace it with another code part
we will check out and evaluate which solutions are existing and select the best one

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
clockuniverse
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2015, 01:02:23 AM

So, when should I unlock my wallet to start staking?  And what is a good estimate of how long it takes to stake?

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

clockuniverse
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2015, 02:12:29 AM

Also, today Malwarebytes started to regularly blocks nodes from my wallet to the network.  I haven't had that happen ever before with a wallet except for the TRC wallet.

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2015, 06:06:49 AM

So, when should I unlock my wallet to start staking?  And what is a good estimate of how long it takes to stake?

if u goal is to only open wallet in mint mode one day from time to time then do it once every 30 days

Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 06:18:01 AM

I see you come from TEK background. DMD Diamond s different, you do not have to time your staking to match lowest difficulty like TEK.
You can keep it open all the time if you want, and it ll stake for you, no loss there, 50% a year.

Alternatively, you can keep your wallet closed and open it once a month if you like, stake your coins and close it down.

DMD s got much superior system to those of Tek, IMHO. Our inflation control rest on DMD layout and the number of coins, not on staking difficulty like Tek.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
shveicar
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013

DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 08:36:28 AM

I see you come from TEK background. DMD Diamond s different, you do not have to time your staking to match lowest difficulty like TEK.
You can keep it open all the time if you want, and it ll stake for you, no loss there, 50% a year.

Alternatively, you can keep your wallet closed and open it once a month if you like, stake your coins and close it down.

DMD s got much superior system to those of Tek, IMHO. Our inflation control rest on DMD layout and the number of coins, not on staking difficulty like Tek.

TEK is unlimited coin.
Empty clone PPC. it makes no sense to even mention here about it.
Now the market is full of junk coins.
If you are spraying their funds for investment projects of the dead would soon risk being left with empty pockets.
Game puppeteers and their pumps and dumps do not say that any clone coin a can be worthwhile.

Diamond The best investment in your future! ✧ it's 35% POS and 65% Msternode ✧
clockuniverse
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2015, 02:00:58 AM

I should have been more clear about my question, I did the whole 'shoot off a question without enough details' thing.  Sorry about that.

What I was really asking is: With the 3-9 day known issue how do you really know your coin weight?  Do I need to wait 9 days and the bug will work itself out?  I like big blocks of coins and I like looking at the coin weight to get excited about the future, even if the future possible minting is a month away.  I hope that makes more sense.

Second, the wallet only gets Malwarebytes node blocking when I am minting.  I haven't had any wallet get nodes blocked by Malwarebytes besides my TRC wallet, or when I am using a bittorrent client.  I was wondering if maybe some of the nodes aren't totally up to par, security wise.

Thirdly, everyone has been a great help and I am always stoked on a coin that has great support.  You guys are all pretty awesome, so thanks!

Lastly, to Shveicar.  It is fine to not like a TEK, but currently the whole cryptocoin environment works together in a kind of mesh.  I cashed out 1+ BTC worth of staked TEK to buy DMD.  You may not like TEK; I think it has problems, but it allowed me to support another coin and that seems pretty cool.  Two months from now I plan on cashing out another 1+ BTC to support another coin.

Once again, thanks for all of the help!

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

RaginglikeaBoss

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

Never before 11 P.M.

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2015, 05:39:24 AM

It's been nice seeing the surge in recent traffic to the DMD thread and it's main forum.

If you want a lot of personal attention feel free to post those questions here as well:
https://bit.diamonds/community/index.php

Some of the most experienced users will be more willing to explain in detail on the DMD Forum without all the (usually a good thing regardless) commotion of the BCT altcoin forums.

jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 07:04:55 AM

Here is the Raspberry Pi wallet for v2.0.5.7 - for both the Qt and the headless daemon (command line wallet) versions.

Important:
1) Always backup your wallet.dat first before you do anything
2) The wallet was built and tested on a Raspberry Pi2 (ARM7) running Raspbian Wheezy. It might work on an older Pi but I have not tested it
3) Installation directory where the binaries are installed is ~/opt/diamond or /home/pi/opt/diamond
4) All that is needed is to execute the command below on your Pi in a terminal window and afterwards you need to click on the Diamond icon on your X desktop or go to the directory with the wallets and run the daemon (diamondd) with the options you want at the command prompt or in a terminal window
5) An Internet connection is required for the installation
6) I have made a bootstrap.dat to fast track the blockchain sync - up to block 918953. I did not force the blockchain download in the installation script due to the size. The file has to be downloaded manually and copied into the same folder where your wallet.dat file is. On the Pi that is ~/.Diamond
7) The bootstrap.dat also works for Windows wallets. Windows users have to unzip/tar the file and copy the bootstrap.dat file into their c\users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\diamond folder and run the Win client again
8.) You need at least an 8GB memory card
9) The installation itself takes about 45min on an out-of-the-box Pi, but the blockchain import will take a very long time
10) You cannot just download the binaries, you have to run the script to get the dependencies as well else it will not run
11) The installation script does not enable the UFW firewall by default. If you want to enable it, uncomment the UFW lines in the script and add the port you want open and run it again or enable it manually by running the UFW commands as in the script with the correct port numbers
12) Remember to confirm the checksums of your files to make sure that they downloaded ok. Execute the commands sha256sum <filename> and md5sum <filename> at the command prompt or in a terminal window in the directory where the file is that you want to check.

Users will be familiar with the Qt version of the wallet as per the Windows version. Instructions to use the headless daemon:

1) Since you have an Diamond.conf file with the startup settings in it, go to the folder with the binaries ~/opt/diamond and enter ./diamondd in a terminal window to start the server to create the ~./Diamond folder. Exit the wallet.
2) Download and copy the bootstrap.dat into the ~./Diamond folder and run the wallet again
3) After the blockchain has been imported you can enter the normal wallet commands that you would as in a Windows debug console preceded with ./diamondd
4) Remember to always make a backup of your wallet.dat file before you do anything like encrypting it
5) To encrypt your wallet run the command ./diamondd encryptwallet <yourpassword>
6) To stake with your wallet run the command ./diamondd walletpassphrase <yourpassword> 99999999 true

Let me know about any issues that you may encounter.

To kickstart the installation execute the following command at the command prompt or in a terminal window on your Pi:
Code:
wget https://bitbucket.org/jc12345/diamond/downloads/diamond_installation_pi.sh && chmod +x diamond_installation_pi.sh && ./diamond_installation_pi.sh && rm -f diamond_installation_pi.sh

Direct links:
Link to installation script
Link to diamondd
Link to diamond-qt
Link to bootstrap.dat up to block 918953
Link to checksums.txt

If you like this, you are welcome to donate DMD to dPzTua6hdEazWfqrCehNYZuRee8zxq9igo
feldenthorne

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 07:24:39 AM

2) The wallet was built and tested on a Raspberry Pi2 (ARM7) running Raspbian Wheezy. It might work on an older Pi but I have not tested it

I can guarantee that I won't work on the original - it was armv6l.

Nice work, though - I'm sure it'll help a lot of people.
Girhes

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 08:19:09 AM

I can guarantee it will work fine. However a static build would have been better Smiley
feldenthorne

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 08:25:25 AM

I can guarantee it will work fine. However a static build would have been better Smiley

Well, I feel like an idiot. I take it I misunderstood the script and that it actually compiles the source for you, then? If not, I am amazed that someone managed to build a binary on armv7l that works on armv6l.
RaginglikeaBoss

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

Never before 11 P.M.

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2015, 08:37:06 AM

Here is the Raspberry Pi wallet for v2.0.5.7 - for both the Qt and the headless daemon (command line wallet) versions.

Important:
1) Always backup your wallet.dat first before you do anything
3) Installation directory where the binaries are installed is ~/opt/diamond or /home/pi/opt/diamond
4) All that is needed is to execute the command below on your Pi in a terminal window and afterwards you need to click on the Diamond icon on your X desktop or go to the directory with the wallets and run the daemon (diamondd) with the options you want at the command prompt or in a terminal window
5) An Internet connection is required for the installation
6) I have made a bootstrap.dat to fast track the blockchain sync - up to block 918953. I did not force the blockchain download in the installation script due to the size. The file has to be downloaded manually and copied into the same folder where your wallet.dat file is. On the Pi that is ~/.Diamond
7) The bootstrap.dat also works for Windows wallets. Windows users have to unzip/tar the file and copy the bootstrap.dat file into their c\users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\diamond folder and run the Win client again
8.) You need at least an 8GB memory card
9) The installation itself takes about 45min on an out-of-the-box Pi, but the blockchain import will take a very long time
10) You cannot just download the binaries, you have to run the script to get the dependencies as well else it will not run
11) The installation script does not enable the UFW firewall by default. If you want to enable it, uncomment the UFW lines in the script and add the port you want open and run it again or enable it manually by running the UFW commands as in the script with the correct port numbers
12) Remember to confirm the checksums of your files to make sure that they downloaded ok. Execute the commands sha256sum <filename> and md5sum <filename> at the command prompt or in a terminal window in the directory where the file is that you want to check.

Users will be familiar with the Qt version of the wallet as per the Windows version. Instructions to use the headless daemon:

1) Since you have an Diamond.conf file with the startup settings in it, go to the folder with the binaries ~/opt/diamond and enter ./diamondd in a terminal window to start the server to create the ~./Diamond folder. Exit the wallet.
2) Download and copy the bootstrap.dat into the ~./Diamond folder and run the wallet again
3) After the blockchain has been imported you can enter the normal wallet commands that you would as in a Windows debug console preceded with ./diamondd
4) Remember to always make a backup of your wallet.dat file before you do anything like encrypting it
5) To encrypt your wallet run the command ./diamondd encryptwallet <yourpassword>
6) To stake with your wallet run the command ./diamondd walletpassphrase <yourpassword> 99999999 true

Let me know about any issues that you may encounter.

To kickstart the installation execute the following command at the command prompt or in a terminal window on your Pi:
Code:
wget https://bitbucket.org/jc12345/diamond/downloads/diamond_installation_pi.sh && chmod +x diamond_installation_pi.sh && ./diamond_installation_pi.sh && rm -f diamond_installation_pi.sh

Direct links:
Link to installation script
Link to diamondd
Link to diamond-qt
Link to bootstrap.dat up to block 918953
Link to checksums.txt

If you like this, you are welcome to donate DMD to dPzTua6hdEazWfqrCehNYZuRee8zxq9igo

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.  I haven't spent the time to update my previous staking Rasp Pi wallet in a few releases.

Honestly, I'm more happy that you provided an updated bootstrap haha

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2015, 08:39:15 AM

lot positive activities here great stuff

another surprise was that a coin dev experienced community member started to say
he wana contribute to DMD and he start get in touch with code by try port DMD up to a 0.9.x bitcoin base
and with the experiences gathered in that later on attempt the same with bitcoin 0.10 code base

if we have other experienced coders (or even people who try to gain experience) 
who seek the thrill and glory by taking part in such a project
raise ur hand send me PM with skype name and we try link u guys together

im sure danbi will join up too as much as his time allows

Girhes

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 08:50:07 AM

If not, I am amazed that someone managed to build a binary on armv7l that works on armv6l.
I was pretty sure the devs didn't use any armv7 specific instructions so it should work - just tested the binary on a pi model b and it works fine.

Regarding the static build it would be the easiest way to run dmd on most arm boxes - even kodi can run a node despite it doesn't let you install libraries.
feldenthorne

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 09:01:46 AM

If not, I am amazed that someone managed to build a binary on armv7l that works on armv6l.
I was pretty sure the devs didn't use any armv7 specific instructions so it should work - just tested the binary on a pi model b and it works fine.

Regarding the static build it would be the easiest way to run dmd on most arm boxes - even kodi can run a node despite it doesn't let you install libraries.

Oh yeah! I remember now - building for armv7l or armv6l is the same, they're just there for the sake of dispelling confusion. (I'm the one that made the commits to remove the SSE2 requirements, but it's been a while.)

As for static builds, I believe that some standard libraries are linked, but that linking other stuff (like BDB) is highly discouraged. It would also tie desktop integration (transaction popups and, I believe, the taskbar icon) to a specific window manager. In the case of the RPi, I guess that would be fine for most normal RPi users, but it could get hairy if someone using a STB wanted to use the binaries (those distributions are all over the place).
jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 10:21:58 AM

Thanks for testing it on the older Pi.  Smiley

I am currently busy with Qt5 on Pi as a pet project and once that is sorted it will have to be static builds for the GUI wallet because I could not find any readily available libraries for Qt5 on Pi and I had to compile it natively (almost 2 days). Agreed that if someone just buys a Pi for staking a wallet or two on it, then static builds will be fine.
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2015, 01:24:54 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2015, 01:55:00 PM by cryptonit

i have a pi2 at home but i planed to run ubuntu 14.04 on it
i think a unofficial pi2 ubuntu 14.04 image is avaiable

im not that linux guru but compile a diamondd on a 14.04 is very easy and straight forward

will try out maybe this weekend to get a diamondd there running on rasperry pi2 with ubuntu 14.04

jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 01:42:44 PM

i have a pi2 at home but i planed to run ubuntu 14.04 on it
i think a unofficial pi2 ubuntu 14.04 image is avaiable

im not that linux guru but compile a diamondd on a 14.04 is very easy and straight forward

will try out maybe this weekend to get a diamondd there running on rasperry pi2 with ubunti 14.04

There is an experimental Snappy Ubuntu available but it is still early days for it and I decided to rather go with the mainstream Raspbian (Debian). Post back on your endeavours after the weekend.
Pages: « 1 ... 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 [341] 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 ... 862 »
  Print  

Jump to: