Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:56:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... 177 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][OC] Orangecoin ★★ POS ★★ Anon Transactions ★★ Masternodes  (Read 209480 times)
Specialkey

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:43:26 AM
Last edit: July 04, 2014, 03:04:30 AM by Specialkey

Wow am I the only one staking tonight I have some really good numbers of oranges fall in to my wallet today Cheesy

I got a bunch too, it's been dividing my big stakes down into little ones, so if I minted 500 OC for the first stake, now it's 4 separate mints at 125 each.

My staking works  perfect too  Wink
Specialkey

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 08:01:02 PM

Welcome To
ⓄⓇⒶⓃⒼⒺⒸⓄⒾⓃ

Come on over to Orangecoins.info/forum/ and stay up-to-date!
The official forum and one-stop destination where you will find EVERYTHING you need to know about Orangecoin,
including How-to Guides, feature explanations, latest contest and promo's, community chat, videos, and more!

Don't forget to vote @ Cryptsy, Mintpal, Poloniex!
https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes
https://www.mintpal.com/voting
https://poloniex.com/voting

We're on IRC! #orangecoindev

Do you have something to add to Orangecoin? A service or merchandise, perhaps?
Inquire with Orangecoin, Jim_Rambler, or Halofire!

Voting time  Wink

Good time for a vote dear OC friends  Grin
Halofire

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

@halofirebtc

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 09:03:49 PM

Welcome To
ⓄⓇⒶⓃⒼⒺⒸⓄⒾⓃ

The official forum and one-stop destination where you will find EVERYTHING you need to know about Orangecoin,
including How-to Guides, feature explanations, latest contest and promo's, community chat, videos, and more!

Voting time  Wink

Good time for a vote dear OC friends  Grin

I'm loving the new mintpal captcha with the puzzles, but I'm sure I'll hate it in a few more days lol.

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
bep42

Activity: 910

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 08:30:18 AM

Join us now on Kingcoiny and trade your Orangecoin for only 0.15% right now.

https://www.kingcoiny.com/index.php?page=trade&market=OC

See you soon on Kingcoiny !

Ben
CEO Cryptocoiny Limited
Kingcoiny is a trademark of Cryptocoiny Limited.
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

Activity: 1778

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 09:05:19 AM

Where is the DEV?

ABBAS

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 10:16:58 AM

Hi Orangecoin developers,
Would you be able to put up a link of address where the pre-mine orange coins are kept? How many premine orangecoins are left?
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

Activity: 1778

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 10:37:06 AM

Would you be able to put up a link of address where the pre-mine orange coins are kept? How many premine orangecoins are left?
OH NO, not another FUD spreader. We do not need all this accusation right now, what we need is anon technology.

ABBAS

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 01:13:12 PM

OH NO, not another FUD spreader. We do not need all this accusation right now, what we need is anon technology.
This is a legitimate question posted to the developer and I hold and buying more orangecoins not a FUD.
Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 03:14:31 PM

This is a legitimate question posted to the developer and I hold and buying more orangecoins not a FUD.

Hey ABBAS,
You ask a great question as an investor, and I am required to answer you for that reason. I'm not the dev and I do not speak for him regarding this matter, and I don't want to infringe on the dev's or other's privacy too much, but I can vouch for minimum 750k of premine spent on services, bounties, promos, advertising, etc, especially back when OC wasn't worth much in the beginning, say 100-150 satoshi. It's actually more, probably around 850k-900k that was spent, I think this amount is possibly true due to variables and other things that I know were paid for but Idk how much was paid. It's even possible that the entire 1 million premine has been spent by now and OCdev had to pay for some things out of his pocket.

When OCdev and I were looking for services, etc, in the beginning, they were expensive paying in OC, but the quality was assured. 1 million goes quick when it's not worth much. I'm not at liberty to say where the OC was spent exactly since I'd have to ask every person paid if it was ok to release that info and that's impossible for me to do since I don't know who everyone is. The dev has not asked the community for any donations, which speaks volumes. The Contest Fund where the community can donate is my deal, which you can keep tabs on that at any time. The Contest Fund has not received any OC from the premine, just so everyone is reminded. Sorry for the lack of transparency, hope I clarified as much as I could, given my position. Smiley

So, you can take this with you:
Of 1 million in premine, 750k OC known spent from premine with another 100-150k very real possibility of premine spent.

ABBAS

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 03:41:04 PM

Thankyou Halo for a reasonable answer. I believe in the developer more than anything else. And the vision is good. So out of possible maximum 200 million coin in 46 years 1 million is only 0.5 % premine which is nothing compared to all the other coins coming out everyday!!! which have direct or indirect at least more than 2% premine. Also I can see a lot of work has been done. You guys have brought orange coin as a leader among all the coloured coin (except blackcoin which is leader in itself - which also have developers like you guys and very responsive)
thank you and keep up the good work. I see investment in orangecoin as low risk in crypto terms. Hope orangecoin has slow and steady rise.
Insomniac8

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 04:05:46 PM

The richlist has my balance wrong... I guess it doesn't count coins that have just staked and are waiting for confirmation?

exactly

I compiled the new wallet daemon and it's downloading the blockchain again. Hope this will fix the isues on the richlist.
I'll leave a reply when it is updated.

Also, is there a working block explorer? cryptoblox is not updating (2014-06-21 22:50:20)

edit: blockchain has been downloaded and processed. can someone please verify if the ballance is correct? (note this is not the wallet amount but the address amount)
you can check the address amount under advanced coin control.

Insomniac: The richlist goes by your deposit addresses, not the total OC in your wallet.

Oizo: You the man, thanks. No regrets asking you for the richlist! Smiley

I know, I only have one address in my wallet, but the rich list is still not showing the correct amount.

Strange, are you staking, have you staked? Does the rich list show more or less than you should have? There's been no forks, so that's not the reason. If you'd like to PM with your details, I'll try to figure it out for you.

Finally worked this out, it seems that when staking the wallet will generate new addresses to put the coins in. In my case the missing coins are in one of these addresses. The dont show up in "recieve" but you can see them under coin control.
Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 09:29:42 PM

The richlist has my balance wrong... I guess it doesn't count coins that have just staked and are waiting for confirmation?

exactly

I compiled the new wallet daemon and it's downloading the blockchain again. Hope this will fix the isues on the richlist.

Also, is there a working block explorer? cryptoblox is not updating (2014-06-21 22:50:20)

edit: blockchain has been downloaded and processed. can someone please verify if the ballance is correct? (note this is not the wallet amount but the address amount)

Insomniac: The richlist goes by your deposit addresses, not the total OC in your wallet.

I know, I only have one address in my wallet, but the rich list is still not showing the correct amount.

Strange, are you staking, have you staked? Does the rich list show more or less than you should have? There's been no forks, so that's not the reason. If you'd like to PM with your details, I'll try to figure it out for you.

Finally worked this out, it seems that when staking the wallet will generate new addresses to put the coins in. In my case the missing coins are in one of these addresses. The dont show up in "recieve" but you can see them under coin control.

Had a thought after I replied to your PM.

Just my opinion from experiences: I think the Wallet or PoS has code that tries to self-maintain, self-level or self-preserve to even out the staking difficulty or "PoS hashrate", as my experience with staking has been halving my minting over and over as time goes by. Also, when I receive large amounts to my wallet from the exchange or wherever, the transaction is for X but the coin control shows the deposit into my wallet as X divided by two and as 2 deposits. All my minting and deposits are 100% correct in the total amounts, they are what they are supposed to be. I haven't experienced this anywhere else in crypto, but is a neat feature(?) - self-leveling PoS difficulty.

Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 09:35:30 PM

Thankyou Halo for a reasonable answer. I believe in the developer more than anything else. And the vision is good. So out of possible maximum 200 million coin in 46 years 1 million is only 0.5 % premine which is nothing compared to all the other coins coming out everyday!!! which have direct or indirect at least more than 2% premine. Also I can see a lot of work has been done. You guys have brought orange coin as a leader among all the coloured coin (except blackcoin which is leader in itself - which also have developers like you guys and very responsive)
thank you and keep up the good work. I see investment in orangecoin as low risk in crypto terms. Hope orangecoin has slow and steady rise.

You're welcome! Thanks for appreciating our work and thanks for your continued support! Smiley

bep42

Activity: 910

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 09:59:55 PM

Join us now on Kingcoiny and trade your Orangecoin for only 0.15% right now.

https://www.kingcoiny.com/index.php?page=trade&market=OC

See you soon on Kingcoiny !

Ben
CEO Cryptocoiny Limited
Kingcoiny is a trademark of Cryptocoiny Limited.
Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 10:02:08 PM

ⓄⓇⒶⓃⒼⒺⒸⓄⒾⓃ

Jim_Rambler

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 01:58:33 AM

exactly

Just my opinion from experiences: I think the Wallet or PoS has code that tries to self-maintain, self-level or self-preserve to even out the staking difficulty or "PoS hashrate", as my experience with staking has been halving my minting over and over as time goes by. Also, when I receive large amounts to my wallet from the exchange or wherever, the transaction is for X but the coin control shows the deposit into my wallet as X divided by two and as 2 deposits. All my minting and deposits are 100% correct in the total amounts, they are what they are supposed to be. I haven't experienced this anywhere else in crypto, but is a neat feature(?) - self-leveling PoS difficulty.

Yes this all is correct, this is a great thing Split PoS does. One other the things Spliting does is allows easier spending, with out throwing of the whole stacks coin age. What I mean is, if you have 20 OC and it mints. You get 2- 10 OC stacks, both start coin age over agian to 0 after minting. Now if you want to send 5 OC 10 days after that mint, you can pick 1 of the 2- 10 OC stacks (stack A and B) to send it from. So you pick stack A to send from. Well stack B stays in your wallet and stays at age 10 days only 4 days away from minting. Stack A is send out and the 5 OC remaning returns to you wallet as change. So Stack A now has 5 OC at age 0 and Stack B has 10 OC at 10 day old. Instead of the whole 20 OC being now 15 OC at age 0.

Sending out whole stacks and getting the change back is how all cryptos work, when the stack is bigger then the sending amount. It's just with our PoS split it helps to solve resetting big block coin age to send small amounts just before mint age hits. I hope I explained this ok, I'm on my mobile atm, and hard to keep rereading what I have
Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 02:48:04 AM

exactly

Yes this all is correct, this is a great thing Split PoS does. One other the things Spliting does is allows easier spending, with out throwing of the whole stacks coin age. What I mean is, if you have 20 OC and it mints. You get 2- 10 OC stacks, both start coin age over agian to 0 after minting. Now if you want to send 5 OC 10 days after that mint, you can pick 1 of the 2- 10 OC stacks (stack A and B) to send it from. So you pick stack A to send from. Well stack B stays in your wallet and stays at age 10 days only 4 days away from minting. Stack A is send out and the 5 OC remaning returns to you wallet as change. So Stack A now has 5 OC at age 0 and Stack B has 10 OC at 10 day old. Instead of the whole 20 OC being now 15 OC at age 0.

Sending out whole stacks and getting the change back is how all cryptos work, when the stack is bigger then the sending amount. It's just with our PoS split it helps to solve resetting big block coin age to send small amounts just before mint age hits. I hope I explained this ok, I'm on my mobile atm, and hard to keep rereading what I have

Perfect! Thanks, Jim. I'd assume it's better for network security as well, reducing the odds of a 51% via staking from having a higher constant rate versus the spikes of huge stakes then little ones.

Specialkey

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 07:25:27 AM

ⓄⓇⒶⓃⒼⒺⒸⓄⒾⓃ

Voting time :-)
Insomniac8

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:12:41 AM

exactly

Perfect! Thanks, Jim. I'd assume it's better for network security as well, reducing the odds of a 51% via staking from having a higher constant rate versus the spikes of huge stakes then little ones.

Ahh ok, thanks jim, explained it perfectly. So when you get change back it goes in to its own temporary address, is it ever meant to return back to the address it came from?
Specialkey

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 07:44:48 PM

Does anybody know a good and honest bitcoin bet page?

Thanks for advice.
Pages: « 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... 177 »
  Print  

Jump to: