Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:43:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 [1507] 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 ... 2123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4667061 times)
luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 06:30:44 PM

Why can't I send any coins? I've tried 4 times, every time I get this error.

2016-Mar-25 12:22:48.643902 Error: transaction <f46693c336ba66659404c750724d18278dc778f429bebb22995aae8d6e775bf3> was rejected by daemon with status: Failed

Using latest 64bit Windows wallet.

Try to use the "transfer_new" command, which uses a different algorithm to construct the transaction, and also try to send in smaller amounts.

I've just tried this, I get the same error. I've tried different amounts, right down to 1 coin. Won't work.

I'm getting the same error using the latest Mac OS X  wallet.

Mixin must be at least 3

Try:
transfer 3 <adr> <amount>

Or:
transfer_new 3 <adr> <amount>

Mixin must be 2 or greater.

Changing the mixin hasn't helped. Still getting the same error. Could there be another issue?

Can you set your daemon log level to 1 and try again? It should give more details.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4872

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 06:35:59 PM

what services are coming, or features to monero that may increase its usage? the value seems stagnant for long time already

Please stop sigspamming.

it was a legit question but since you think it was spam, i'll post this again in one week without the sig, i'm curious about your answer

What a stupid post, you were spamming don't try to weasel out of it. Be a man, admit it and move on. There is ZERO chance you have no clue what has been going on if you even read ten posts of any XMR thread ANYWHERE.

what services are coming, or features to monero that may increase its usage? the value seems stagnant for long time already

Please stop sigspamming.

it was a legit question but since you think it was spam, i'll post this again in one week without the sig, i'm curious about your answer

Your 'legit' question makes no sense when the 'stagnant' value has increased 300% in a few months and has regular daily double digit swings.

So I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you are sigspamming and not merely stupid. Please go away.

In case anyone else is interested, here are the design and development goals: http://getmonero.org/design-goals/

how the value is increase by 300% if it was 500k satoshi at the beginning, with a nearly 900k satoshi for the all time high? i'm not talking about a returning to the main situation, that's not an increase for me, a pump after a dump is not an increase, a real increase is when you float above your ath, everything else is only a p&d which lead to stagnation

Which part of the bolded were you unable to comprehend? Looks like your just a troll that was sig spamming and is now in attack mode when called out on it. Why don't you just crawl back under that rock? Or do what I said in the above quote.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
damashup

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 06:47:16 PM

Changing the mixin hasn't helped. Still getting the same error. Could there be another issue?

Can you set your daemon log level to 1 and try again? It should give more details.

Thanks. According to the log the tx has "used already spent key images".

I'm going to follow the steps set out here (assuming they are still valid):

1. Delete poolstate.bin and restart node (also move/rename wallet .bin file again)
2. Make sure you have the current version
3. Make sure you are connected to the network with print_cn (daemon command)
4. Wait 24 hours and try again

Silly question but where can the wallet .bin file be found on Mac OS X? There is a file with the same name as the wallet in the user/[username] directory however the file doesn't have an extension. Should I be moving/ renaming this?
smfuser

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 06:52:12 PM

Silly question but where can the wallet .bin file be found on Mac OS X? There is a file with the same name as the wallet in the user/[username] directory however the file doesn't have an extension. Should I be moving/ renaming this?
I think the wallet file name won't have a .bin extension unless you specify it when creating it.
damashup

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 07:04:09 PM

I think the wallet file name won't have a .bin extension unless you specify it when creating it.

Ah yes thanks... I remember now (it's been almost two years since I last created one!)
LucyLovesCrypto

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 07:28:21 PM

Ah yes thanks... I remember now (it's been almost two years since I last created one!)

Nice to see you posting here. It seems like many former BBR supporters are not getting more involved with XMR and or AEON. Are you still working on popboolr? Any way you could adapt something like that for Monero?
vvrroomm

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 09:01:02 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2016, 09:23:20 PM by vvrroomm

1. Delete poolstate.bin and restart node (also move/rename wallet .bin file again)

This is nearly as bad as if you find out some douchebag lawyer or government goon has put a hold on your bank account.  I would like to request that Monero include this information in an easy to find place, say in a readme file with the client download, or prominently displayed in the first post of this thread. Also, it would be nice to know what if anything a person that has in a wallet for the previous version needs to do or doesn't need to do to make their wallet work with the new version.  A couple of times it seemed ridiculous to even find anything telling you anything.  

Also it seems that the daemon does not want to close sometimes.  If you are synching and trying to close before the synching finishes, it hangs there and you don't have a clue what is going on.  If you type exit again it takes a while and does close.

Also, it would be nice to know that your coins are good without having to send them to another wallet or some other strange way to just see if the new code has destroyed your coins.  Some of us don't like to have to babysit the coins in a way that you have to do it just to see if you could even send them.  

I hope monero goes to $20,000 per coin so I can be rich.

Just my .02 Moneros.
damashup

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 09:30:51 PM

Nice to see you posting here. It seems like many former BBR supporters are not getting more involved with XMR and or AEON. Are you still working on popboolr? Any way you could adapt something like that for Monero?

Less of the 'former'... I'm still very much behind Boolberry. Been away from Crypto as I've recently found out my wife is expecting another little one, so everything else has been put on the back burner.

I've always held a little stash of Monero... even if getting my hands on it can prove tricky at times!

Good to see both XMR and BBR joining the 'rise of the alts'!
luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 11:06:30 PM

Ok, so you may need to run "rescan_spent" in simplewallet as well as the above steps. I'd recommend just running "flush_txpool" in the daemon console first (and resending the transaction) before trying any of the above.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 11:09:44 PM

Ok, so you may need to run "rescan_spent" in simplewallet as well as the above steps.

Yes to clarify a bit the above "try again" had some context which included rescanning the wallet.
damashup

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 11:26:03 PM

Ok, so you may need to run "rescan_spent" in simplewallet as well as the above steps.

Yes to clarify a bit the above "try again" had some context which included rescanning the wallet.

Great thanks this worked. Only I refreshed the wallet, rather than rescanned. Didn't wait 24hrs though (life's too short).
vvrroomm

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 11:40:51 PM

Great thanks this worked. Only I refreshed the wallet, rather than rescanned. Didn't wait 24hrs though (life's too short).

This is good that there is a process for fixing these issues, please make an effort to have a place for Monero owners to find out how to fix problems like this.  Yes, I know it is on bitcointalk.org message board now in this post, but shouldn't it have been somewhere for someone to find before now?

Quick question also:  When I ran simplewallet on earlier versions, it went through a process after synching the daemon, where it would go through the blocks.  Mine doesn't do that anymore on the latest version.  My balance does show ok.  Is this normal? It's hard to tell if everything is working ok if you don't send monero very often.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 11:41:55 PM

This is good that there is a process for fixing these issues, please make an effort to have a place for Monero owners to find out how to fix problems like this.  Yes, I know it is on bitcointalk.org message board now in this post, but shouldn't it have been somewhere for someone to find before now?

Quick question also:  When I ran simplewallet on earlier versions, it went through a process after synching the daemon, where it would go through the blocks.  Mine doesn't do that anymore on the latest version.  My balance does show ok.  Is this normal? It's hard to tell if everything is working ok if you don't send monero very often.

The scanning is in the background now. You don't have to wait for it, but newly received coins won't appear right away, until the scan reaches them.
vvrroomm

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 11:46:33 PM

The scanning is in the background now. You don't have to wait for it, but newly received coins won't appear right away, until the scan reaches them.

This is good to know.  I know you guys are really busy coding and everything, sorry to be a bit of a nag on the documentation, I like to know how to do something, before I know I need to know how to do something.
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 11:52:52 PM

This is good to know.  I know you guys are really busy coding and everything, sorry to be a bit of a nag on the documentation, I like to know how to do something, before I know I need to know how to do something.

The bug is inherent to the 9.1 version of Hydrogen Helix and is patched in 9.3 already. Therefore, I think it's a bit redundant to include it in the documentation.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
vvrroomm

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 11:58:04 PM

The bug is inherent to the 9.1 version of Hydrogen Helix and is patched in 9.3 already. Therefore, I think it's a bit redundant to include it in the documentation.

Ok, I thought this was just the new way the simplewallet worked, I didn't know it was a bug that was fixed, so you are right.  I need to upgrade to 9.3.
Aby Normal

Activity: 48
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 01:39:43 AM

People, please help!!!
How can you pull coins out of the purse with a lost password???
wallet.bin and wallet.bin.keys were created using monero-client-v0.29.0-x64 from here https://github.com/Jojatekok/MoneroGui.Net/releases
Launched this version the other day, tried a bunch of options, eventually found that the password was scored on the Russian keyboard layout, because after driving this combination, the window with password prompt no longer POPs up. BUT in term of ADDRESS hanging sign INITIALIZING... even after a complete download of the blockchain. In the end, no coins to get....

Downloaded the latest purse from off site, downloaded the blockchain in the new format, but the password on the Russian keyboard layout is not taken, writes that the password is not correct.

I am tried to throw up new simplewallet.exe and bitmonerod.exe in the directory monero-client-v0.29.0-x64, client is launched, writes that synchronization is normal, but does not prompt for the password and in the ADDRESS bar, same thing - INITIALIZING...

In the end, the issues:
Is there a problem with the new wallet with the password in Russian layout?
If Yes, how to solve it?
If not, then I still forgot the password. And how to get the coins without knowing the password?Huh?

Latest monero wallet 0.9.3 works fine with cyrillic password (just made a new wallet and tested it). Old Jojatekok wallet maybe doesn't work now after the fork, try to start latest official release and put only the wallet.bin.keys file in its folder, wallet bin is not necessary to open the wallet. If that fails you can try Jojatekok GUI wallet but don't sync the complete blockchain, you only need the blockchain portion from the time before the fork in order to be 100% sure its compatible with that old GUI wallet (if you've saved a copy of old blockchain.bin file that would be perfect), then try to enter your password again.
Fingers crossed  Wink

Activity: 355

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 02:36:50 AM

If you remeber, i urged the community to vote for [XMR] on https://www.cryptopia.co.nz

Never heard of this, so I had a look:

Exchange Summary
Total Markets: 1535
Total Trades(24 hours): 3938

Haven't heard of 90% of the coins listed either.  Not that I look much at that stuff, but still. 

Trading XMR would likely blow the top right off the exchange.  One bot would increase their volume by an order of magnitude Grin

I commend the initiative and effort, but can't recommend an exchange that

-puts new listings up for a vote, then utterly fails to act on the results (cough, Craptsy, cough)

-says XMR is a priority in Oct 2015 and still needs to be gently nudged 6 months later (Craptsy did that)

-supports 1500 shitcoins but can't bother with an innovative/fairly launched/top 10 coin (more shades of Craptsy)

-needs hand-holding tech support from (potential?) customers to sort their backend (I expect an exchange to know more than I do)

-only provides updates (in the form of lame/implausible excuses) on the previously promised pair when prompted by inquiry

Actually we have strict rules for fair launch coins, No ICO, no excessive premines, os even coins like DASH and ETH cant be listed on our platform.

I understand you are upset that is taken us longer to implement XMR that you would have liked, but Cryptopia is a small team with one dev.

We NEVER asked for hand holding, just hours in the day as i have a full time job and a family, we dont have endless budgets like Polo, Bitrex and Crypsty

We will happily refund all votes as you seem super upset that this has taken longer than YOU expected

▄███████▄
                      ███████████
                     █████████████
          ▄████████▄  ███████████
         ████████████  ▀███████▀
        ██████████████
         ████████████  ▄████████▄
          ▀████████▀  ████████████
                     ██████████████
                      ████████████
                       ▀████████▀
Cryptopia..██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.★★★ Cryptocurrency Platform Services ★★★ 
...Exchange | Mineshaft |  Marketplace | Rewards | CoinInfo 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.f. ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████████████
█████████▀████████████▀▀▀▀▀██▀██████████
█████████  ▀████████          ▀█████████
██████████    ▀▀████          ██████████
█████████▀▀                  ███████████
██████████                  ▄███████████
███████████▀               ▄████████████
████████████▄▄▄           ▄█████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀         ▄▄████████████████
███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████████
 ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
       ███  ██
       ███  ██
  ██████████████
  ████████████████▄
  ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀███████
     █████     ██████
     █████▄▄▄▄█████▀
     ████████████████
     █████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
     █████      ██████
     █████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
  ███████████████████
  ██████████████
       ███  ██
       ███  ██
vvrroomm

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 04:22:27 AM

on my wallet i tried sweep_dust and transfer 100xmr all failed.

There is a known issue with sweep_dust sometimes not working. That is being addressed in a future update.

As far as the other, we're taking a look at your log file, but GingerAle's suggestion about going on IRC is a good one. Sometimes it is best to be able to ask questions and try things in real time.

I have a wallet that has been around for a long time and have synced every once in a while.  I received an error when I first ran the bc_height command, but the second time I tried it, it ran and went through all the blocks and that was good to see. But now I have the dust fee problem.

I tried to sweep a small bit of dust from my wallet, it seems that it did not go through, so now there is a 0.02 fee that is stuck in outgoing. Is there a way to remove it or will it go away? I also tried to sweep it again because it showed dust still there, but it errored. Does it even matter?  It's just there in outgoing now for hours.

Also the 0.9.3 doesn't refresh automatically or in the background that I could see, but typing refresh does it. Can it auto refresh? kind of a good thing, like it did before with previous versions it is good to see it sync and then check your balance.

-Lux-

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 05:03:42 AM

is there a marketplace for this ?

SHADOW ◈ Anonymous POS ◈ Ring Signatures ◈ Encrypted Messaging ◈
SHADOW ◈ Open Source Project ◈ User Friendly Wallet ◈ Built-in Anonymous Market ◈
SHADOWHOME PAGEFORUMWIKI
Pages: « 1 ... 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 [1507] 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 ... 2123 »
  Print  

Jump to: