Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:53:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 [1533] 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 ... 2122 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4666802 times)
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 09:14:00 AM

sigh...I hope I didn't lose the funds.  I think everything is synced so I did what u said and put the files in there.  It does show the address that MoneroX created, but it says zero balance.  It should say 118 XMR

Sorry for being dense, I'm used to having a GUI.

You need to start simplewallet and tell it to use account.bin, either as a command line option or from the terminal interface. Assuming you got that done right, make sure you try to type 'refresh' without quotes into simplewallet while daemon is running and synced.

daemon = bitmonerod.exe?

EDIT: Yep, thanks...works!  Smiley

diff and status are commands that need to be entered into the daemon. To transfer coins out of your wallet you need to be fully synced. According to your last screenshot you are probably fully synced. Like I said, try diff or status in bitmonerod.exe (the daemon) and see if the block height is equal to the one reported on http://moneroblocks.info/. The "-28 days ahead" is from a peer that is connected to you, but who is still syncing.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Tyke
Legendary

Activity: 1390
Merit: 1136

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 09:30:10 AM

Please vote for your favourite cryptocurrency here:

https://twitter.com/MrSilverCider/status/733562336514969600
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 10:34:53 AM

lol you are really riding that guy... what does it matter if he tries to make an app using moneros blockchain? No sweat off your brow, right?

All he had to do was answer some simple questions but he decided to avoid them so I am calling him out on them. I do want it to be a real project but the more he posts the less I believe. I hope I am wrong but in this scene it's better to be safe than scammed. Smiley

BTW Sebastian it's not FUD if you cannot dispute it.

Cant really argue with this, having lost most of my crypto worth first time around after trusting the ShareX exchange project.
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2016, 01:43:32 PM

That really doesn't make any sense though...

It really does make sense! He is a scammer.
whenwhatwherewhyhow

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 02:41:58 PM

sigh...I hope I didn't lose the funds.  I think everything is synced so I did what u said and put the files in there.  It does show the address that MoneroX created, but it says zero balance.  It should say 118 XMR

https://puu.sh/oYdpK/65a1e50695.png

You need to start simplewallet and tell it to use account.bin, either as a command line option or from the terminal interface. Assuming you got that done right, make sure you try to type 'refresh' without quotes into simplewallet while daemon is running and synced.

daemon = bitmonerod.exe?

https://puu.sh/oYePm/d00a8dc750.png

diff and status are commands that need to be entered into the daemon. To transfer coins out of your wallet you need to be fully synced. According to your last screenshot you are probably fully synced. Like I said, try diff or status in bitmonerod.exe (the daemon) and see if the block height is equal to the one reported on http://moneroblocks.info/. The "-28 days ahead" is from a peer that is connected to you, but who is still syncing.

Yep, height is matching.  Thanks.  Smiley

I guess my next question is how to transfer funds...

transfer <mix> <address> <amount> [payment_id]

The last part confuses me...payment_id?  also why surround that in brackets instead of chevrons like the others?  I guess it is optional?
Again, I apologize in advance for being dumb.
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 02:59:22 PM

daemon = bitmonerod.exe?

Yep, height is matching.  Thanks.  Smiley

I guess my next question is how to transfer funds...

transfer <mix> <address> <amount> [payment_id]

The last part confuses me...payment_id?  also why surround that in brackets instead of chevrons like the others?  I guess it is optional?
Again, I apologize in advance for being dumb.

[1] Payment ID is needed when sending to exchanges, merchants etc. Basically anyone that needs to verify the payment belongs to you. You can read more about it here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/47qa32/circumstances_to_use_a_paymentid_circumstances/

[2] Between brackets because, like you correctly stated, it is an optional argument.

[3] If you don't specify the mixin number it will default to 4 in simplewallet, however the minimum is 2. Thus, let's say you want to donate 1 XMR to the core-team, who don't need to "identify" you, the full command would be:

Code:
transfer 4 46BeWrHpwXmHDpDEUmZBWZfoQpdc6HaERCNmx1pEYL2rAcuwufPN9rXHHtyUA4QVy66qeFQkn6sfK8aHYjA3jk3o1Bv16em 1

If you didn't specify the mixin number it would've defaulted to 4 anyway.

If you want to send 1 XMR to Poloniex, for instance, the full command would be:

Code:
transfer 4 <address_from_poloniex> 1 [payment_ID_provided_by_poloniex]

I'd advise to try it out with test amounts first to get a bit comfortable with it before sending large(r) amounts.

Source for the core-team address: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=700400.msg7914927#msg7914927

Regarding bolded, you don't have to apologize, most of us probably started like that.

Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 4824

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 03:07:28 PM

I think you misread Phishead, he meant it doesn't make sense they tried to blame it on me.

Maybe they will send me more viruses or try to hack me. Always fun to watch amateurs at work. Lol

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 07:38:27 PM

Monero on Stack Exchange has moved into the commit phase!

https://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/98617/monero

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/4k9u4g/monero_on_stack_exchange_has_moved_into_the/

bitwolf

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 08:04:29 PM

Hi, I opened a node but this site doesn't show it - https://monerohash.com/nodes-distribution.html   Does this mean that there is a problem with my bitmonerod?  It does say something like -28 days ahead and unknown top block  but i'm sure that it is synced because I can use my wallet. BTW it took like 20 hours... on good pc and internet connection (a bit too long).  But why it says so now?
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2016, 08:24:05 PM

Hi, I opened a node but this site doesn't show it - https://monerohash.com/nodes-distribution.html   Does this mean that there is a problem with my bitmonerod?  It does say something like -28 days ahead and unknown top block  but i'm sure that it is synced because I can use my wallet. BTW it took like 20 hours... on good pc and internet connection (a bit too long).  But why it says so now?

"-28 days ahead" means one of the nodes you are connecting to isn't up to date. You can ignore that message.

monerohash.com list takes a while to update.

20 hours - does your computer have a solid state drive or an old-fashioned spinny hard disk drive? Synchronizing can be slow on a HDD - but trust me, 20 hours is really fast compared to about a year ago, and even compared to other cryptocurrencies.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
phishead

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2016, 08:48:17 PM

I think you misread Phishead, he meant it doesn't make sense they tried to blame it on me.

Maybe they will send me more viruses or try to hack me. Always fun to watch amateurs at work. Lol

Yep, it was just odd how they put all this burden on Hueristic and then ran off... Have you gotten any angry PM's from investors and such? lol

I just feel bad for the people who put a good chunk of BTC toward that project... *sigh* there are always bad people out there in the world always trying to scam someone.  Embarrassed Undecided
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 4824

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 09:08:02 PM

Yep, it was just odd how they put all this burden on Hueristic and then ran off... Have you gotten any angry PM's from investors and such? lol

I just feel bad for the people who put a good chunk of BTC toward that project... *sigh* there are always bad people out there in the world always trying to scam someone.  Embarrassed Undecided

Nope, I think the investors could see clearly through them once I started questioning them. I did make an error which I did acknowledge in that thread is I got a David moniker mixed up with the other partner who's name is david and he did pm me to thank me for the pm I sent him apologizing for that mistake. I also feel bad for those that got scammed, but I like to think I saved alot more and as smooth pointed out at least they won't be bloating the chain even if they did succeed. I really don't know the correct way to create a XMR marketplace so I had not though about that at all. I would of guessed they could have made a sidechain but I'm really not up on the tech.

@Smooth, what IYO would be the best approach to a decentralized market place? IIRC we were waiting on the multi-sig for that purpose?

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 10:46:26 PM

Do you have your port open? In case you haven't you will only have outgoing connections and therefore your node won't show up on the map. Alternatively, it could be that the monerohash node isn't yet connected to you and therefore your node isn't showing up on the map.

-28 days ahead could either be a peer that is stuck or someone else that is syncing. If you use the "status" command in bitmonerod you can see the number of incoming and outgoing connections.

equipoise

Activity: 794
Merit: 1000

Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2016, 12:07:50 PM

You could now get 3 months of KVM Linux VPS Service for 1$ per month (the price is valid for the first 3 months and after that period the price is $11.69 per month, so you should disable recurring payment if you want to keep the node just for the first 3 months). I just bought one for a Monero node and Monero is now compiling. 20 GB Disk Space, 300 GB Traffic, 1024 MB RAM, 1 CPU Core(s), CentOS/Debian/Ubuntu 64 bit. You could order it from here: moonero.duoservers.com (go to VPS Servers -> KVM VPS Servers. For hostname you could enter any valid domain or sub-domain and it's not even needed to be a domain over your control). I won't get anything from those 3$, but any other services ordered from there will bring me varying % profit from the sell. 50% of profits from there (if any) will go to Monero development.

Wait I'm a little bit confused.. 1) can you pay with XMR? (Maybe through XMR.to?) 2) why do you need to provide some random domain when you are going to be personally using it for your node?

Edit: also I see it says ~$4 a month
You could send me in XMR (and some extra for the setting time and monitoring) and I could set the node for you and give you the node IP to monitor it if it's working as a full node next 3 months. On the site you could only pay with USD - it's 3.00$ + 20% VAT = 3.60$ for the full 3 months promo period - you'll have full ssh access to the node, but you should set it yourself. I'm not sure why they need the random domain, but that's the way it's working.

Note: If you set it yourself you should first sync with "./bitmonerod --db-sync-mode fastest:sync:12000 --add-exclusive-node xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:18080 --p2p-bind-ip 127.0.0.1" to save some bandwidth during the initial sync. Then you should restart the node normally (with --detach) after sync and maybe set upload limit to be sure you won't hit the 300 GB Traffic limit. You could monitor the traffic with "vnstat" to see if upload limit is needed.
My new node works great. Full sync with --add-exclusive-node in 24 hours, but this may vary depending on the exclusive-node of your choice. I didn't set an upload limit yet and the traffic seems a fit for now. Still I'm monitoring the traffic, because it vary a lot during the day and it could easily grow a lot. Solo mining with 14.5 h/s.
The 3$ for 3 months KVM offer expires in 3 days. If someone want to run a full Monero node on those servers - now is the time. Your CPU core is not shared with anyone else (in contrast to shared vps).

About me | zRMicroArray - phase 2 - Gene Expression Analysis software | [Weed Like to Talk - Bulgaria] Start a wave of cannabis seminars in Europe | Monero weighted average price stats: moneroprice.i2p
BTC: 1KoCX7TWKVGwqmmFw3CKyUSrKRSStueZar | NMC: NKhYEYpe1Le9MwHrwKsdSm5617J4toVar9 | XMR (Tip me a beer OpenAlias Monero address): tip.changetheworldwork.com
[XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency: 4AyRmUcxzefB5quumzK3HNE4zmCiGc8vhG6fE1oJpGVyVZF7fvDgSpt3MzgLfQ6Q1719xQhmfkM9Z2u NXgDMqYhjJVmc6KX
xa4

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 02:33:19 PM

Sorry if stupid question :
I have an old (pre)monero 0.8.8.6 wallet.bin file.
I ran 0.9.4.0 and when opening the wallet.bin file in simplewallet I get

Code:
Error: failed to load wallet: incompatible native format - size of long

What can I do ?  --generate-from-keys wallet.bin.keys ?

Thx for your advice.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1102

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 02:36:05 PM

Code:

Thx for your advice.

I think if you just move the .bin file out of the directory, and load wallet.bin (while wallet.bin.keys is still in the directory), it will automatically rebuild the bin file from the keys file. I think generate-from-keys is for actually copying in your private keys.
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2016, 02:47:22 PM

Code:

Thx for your advice.

What version of monero do you have?
What operating system?

I think the generate-from-keys is if you have the keys in text format, not in a file.

First things first, backup your wallet files. Make copies and put them somewhere.
If you have a mnemonic seed, you can restore from that (thats a 24 or 25 word string).
Try what jwinterm posted.
If that doesn't work, you can try hopping from an older version. Old versions of the binaries are available
https://monerobase.com/Binaries

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 03:30:21 PM

Code:

What can I do ?  --generate-from-keys wallet.bin.keys ?

Thx for your advice.

In addition to other advices, make sure you are on the same operating system as the one where your old wallet was generated.

XMRpromotions

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 03:42:24 PM

This should interest some of you:
https://forum.getmonero.org/20/general-discussion/2542/stack-exchange-commitment-requirements

Don't buy Monero: https://twitter.com/MoneroPromotion/status/746006420508729344

XMR: 43hPTYyKarCTWyh4ZnMVn8AtFeEmtzTXo3Y6TGGMV26BWonJ4tpR7eP9RkUDYQbvg6LbrnMXWfghddE NGtvKxr7B5oML4qd
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1102

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 05:12:23 PM

Code:

What can I do ?  --generate-from-keys wallet.bin.keys ?

Thx for your advice.

In addition to other advices, make sure you are on the same operating system as the one where your old wallet was generated.

If you get rid of bin file (move/delete), then the keys file should work on any OS.
Pages: « 1 ... 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 [1533] 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 ... 2122 »
  Print  

Jump to: