Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:34:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 [1508] 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 ... 2123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4667061 times)
clintar2

Activity: 202
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 06:58:27 AM

I put together an updated version of cryptonote-universal-pool. It supports running with any version of node.js, and I added Onishin's keepalive that works with his modified miners. I have only tested it with a testnet, though. It's named different because I already have a fork called cryptonote-universal-pool that I've made only work with bbr.

https://github.com/clintar/cryptonote-xmr-pool

If you try it, let me know if you have any issues, please.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 07:07:16 AM

If you remeber, i urged the community to vote for [XMR] on https://www.cryptopia.co.nz

Never heard of this, so I had a look:

Exchange Summary
Total Markets: 1535
Total Trades(24 hours): 3938

Haven't heard of 90% of the coins listed either.  Not that I look much at that stuff, but still. 

Trading XMR would likely blow the top right off the exchange.  One bot would increase their volume by an order of magnitude Grin

I commend the initiative and effort, but can't recommend an exchange that

-puts new listings up for a vote, then utterly fails to act on the results (cough, Craptsy, cough)

-says XMR is a priority in Oct 2015 and still needs to be gently nudged 6 months later (Craptsy did that)

-supports 1500 shitcoins but can't bother with an innovative/fairly launched/top 10 coin (more shades of Craptsy)

-needs hand-holding tech support from (potential?) customers to sort their backend (I expect an exchange to know more than I do)

-only provides updates (in the form of lame/implausible excuses) on the previously promised pair when prompted by inquiry

Actually we have strict rules for fair launch coins, No ICO, no excessive premines, os even coins like DASH and ETH cant be listed on our platform.

I understand you are upset that is taken us longer to implement XMR that you would have liked, but Cryptopia is a small team with one dev.

We NEVER asked for hand holding, just hours in the day as i have a full time job and a family, we dont have endless budgets like Polo, Bitrex and Crypsty

We will happily refund all votes as you seem super upset that this has taken longer than YOU expected

The votes were paid?  I forgot about that.  It's reasonable to refund them when you can't/don't deliver.  Craptsy did that to XMR also.  That's the reoccurring pattern making me "super upset."    Tongue

It was your responsibility to communicate difficulties and ask for hand holding when (in accordance with the paid "votes") adding XMR started taking an unreasonable amount of time/effort, not to wait until some enterprising member of the community reached out to you.

The newest version takes much less system resources to run.  I wish your growing exchange great success with XMR and sincerely appreciate your refusal to list insta-mined crapcoins like DASH.

I would seriously consider leaving Polo for an exchange that doesn't facilitate IPO scams like MAID and NXT.   Smiley

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Mystogan

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 07:11:35 AM

I never buy coins early and regret after, even though I'm late again I'm gonna buy few hundred [XMR] Monero's and hope they skyrocket in few months.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 07:52:54 AM

on my wallet i tried sweep_dust and transfer 100xmr all failed.

There is a known issue with sweep_dust sometimes not working. That is being addressed in a future update.

As far as the other, we're taking a look at your log file, but GingerAle's suggestion about going on IRC is a good one. Sometimes it is best to be able to ask questions and try things in real time.

I have a wallet that has been around for a long time and have synced every once in a while.  I received an error when I first ran the bc_height command, but the second time I tried it, it ran and went through all the blocks and that was good to see. But now I have the dust fee problem.

I tried to sweep a small bit of dust from my wallet, it seems that it did not go through, so now there is a 0.02 fee that is stuck in outgoing. Is there a way to remove it or will it go away? I also tried to sweep it again because it showed dust still there, but it errored. Does it even matter?  It's just there in outgoing now for hours.

Also the 0.9.3 doesn't refresh automatically or in the background that I could see, but typing refresh does it. Can it auto refresh? kind of a good thing, like it did before with previous versions it is good to see it sync and then check your balance.

As far as I know 0.9.3 should auto refresh. As far as asking a bunch of specific questions about your wallet the best bet is to jump onto freenode IRC #monero and ask on there.

There are definitely some known issues with sweep dust. In most cases, I would suggest waiting for an update.
elrippo
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 08:30:54 AM
Last edit: March 26, 2016, 09:26:59 AM by elrippo

If you remeber, i urged the community to vote for [XMR] on https://www.cryptopia.co.nz

Exchange Summary

Haven't heard of 90% of the coins listed either.  Not that I look much at that stuff, but still.  

Trading XMR would likely blow the top right off the exchange.  One bot would increase their volume by an order of magnitude Grin

-puts new listings up for a vote, then utterly fails to act on the results (cough, Craptsy, cough)

-says XMR is a priority in Oct 2015 and still needs to be gently nudged 6 months later (Craptsy did that)

-supports 1500 shitcoins but can't bother with an innovative/fairly launched/top 10 coin (more shades of Craptsy)

-needs hand-holding tech support from (potential?) customers to sort their backend (I expect an exchange to know more than I do)

-only provides updates (in the form of lame/implausible excuses) on the previously promised pair when prompted by inquiry

Actually we have strict rules for fair launch coins, No ICO, no excessive premines, os even coins like DASH and ETH cant be listed on our platform.

I understand you are upset that is taken us longer to implement XMR that you would have liked, but Cryptopia is a small team with one dev.

We NEVER asked for hand holding, just hours in the day as i have a full time job and a family, we dont have endless budgets like Polo, Bitrex and Crypsty

We will happily refund all votes as you seem super upset that this has taken longer than YOU expected

The votes were paid?  I forgot about that.  It's reasonable to refund them when you can't/don't deliver.  Craptsy did that to XMR also.  That's the reoccurring pattern making me "super upset."    Tongue

It was your responsibility to communicate difficulties and ask for hand holding when (in accordance with the paid "votes") adding XMR started taking an unreasonable amount of time/effort, not to wait until some enterprising member of the community reached out to you.

The newest version takes much less system resources to run.  I wish your growing exchange great success with XMR and sincerely appreciate your refusal to list insta-mined crapcoins like DASH.

I would seriously consider leaving Polo for an exchange that doesn't facilitate IPO scams like MAID and NXT.   Smiley

Update ->
Code:
 Sender: sa_ddam2133/26/2016 2:47:03 AM

Unfortunately I read the Monero thread and can see a legendary member comparing us to Cryptsty for taking too long.

Kinda sad, I thought the XMR community was better than that,

We are happy to refund all votes since we cant work fast enough for you guys :(

Code:
 Sender: elrippos3/26/2016 8:23:21 AM

Well, don't get sad about that.
Honestly i believe you had 6 months to deploy the coin and obviously you are using the oldish binaries, so that maybe a point from legendary members.
If you don't want to deploy Monero, just send back the coins, i am fine with that, it would be your loss guys.

Code:
 Sender: sa_ddam2133/26/2016 8:56:03 AM

We are adding it, its 90% integrated, like I said we just had a few issues.

We were just offering the refund due to the time it has taken, but we are a small site with so sometimes new features take a bit longer than the other sites with big budgets.

Just seemed a bit hash to be compared against a scam site like Crypsty thats all.

Anyway, should only be a couple more days until monero is live providing the new source works fine :)

Thanks

Code:
 Sender: elrippos3/26/2016 9:24:40 AM

Now as you have the new binaries, it should be a rather fast deployment of MOnerO :D
No Problem, we all just were wondering why the heck it takes you guys so long to deploy it.

Well, don't take that personally, we just want MOnerO on your Exchange and we believe that it will take more ressources than you can handle (just in case, setup some more ressources).

Do you make an announcment to the users that voted for the coin, before the coin get's finally listed?

Kind regards,
elrippos.

I tend to like those guys at cryptopia  Grin Roll Eyes

Get it on and XMR at your Exchange, NOW!!!

For Advertisement. PM me to discuss.
magico

Activity: 41

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 09:37:41 AM

There is a known issue with sweep_dust sometimes not working. That is being addressed in a future update.

As far as the other, we're taking a look at your log file, but GingerAle's suggestion about going on IRC is a good one. Sometimes it is best to be able to ask questions and try things in real time.

I have a wallet that has been around for a long time and have synced every once in a while.  I received an error when I first ran the bc_height command, but the second time I tried it, it ran and went through all the blocks and that was good to see. But now I have the dust fee problem.

I tried to sweep a small bit of dust from my wallet, it seems that it did not go through, so now there is a 0.02 fee that is stuck in outgoing. Is there a way to remove it or will it go away? I also tried to sweep it again because it showed dust still there, but it errored. Does it even matter?  It's just there in outgoing now for hours.

Also the 0.9.3 doesn't refresh automatically or in the background that I could see, but typing refresh does it. Can it auto refresh? kind of a good thing, like it did before with previous versions it is good to see it sync and then check your balance.

As far as I know 0.9.3 should auto refresh. As far as asking a bunch of specific questions about your wallet the best bet is to jump onto freenode IRC #monero and ask on there.

There are definitely some known issues with sweep dust. In most cases, I would suggest waiting for an update.

Yes, the 0.9.3 does refresh automatically.
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 10:39:50 AM

3 minutes ago MoneroHash found it's first block since the fork  Cheesy  Variance  Tongue

Looks like the network HR has mostly recovered from the drop that occurred just after the fork.
studentwiskunde

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 11:34:40 AM

Announcement!

Monero added on list Coin price ticker(CPT)

Will be available within two hours on Google Play.

Go to twitter https://twitter.com/WISKUNDESTUDENT/status/713689517115486208 for a preview(screenshot).

Go to Google Play to download: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=wiskunde.nl.coinpriceticker&hl=nl

Sincerely,

Wiskunde

LOUHIMO

Activity: 32
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 12:24:47 PM

XMR.LOUHIMO.CLUB
New Monero mining pool located in Scandinavia, EU. Keepalived supported. 1% Mining fee. Wide range of ports for selecting starting mining difficulty, look at "Getting Started"-page.
Join the fun! Connection address is stratum+tcp://xmr.louhimo.club:PORT Use your wallet address as worker name and worker password can be anything.
Payout schedules between 15 minutes, your coins will be in the schedule when there is enough matured XMR reserved for your address you are mining to.

Louhimo Mining Pool
LOUHIMO.NET (http://louhimo.net/)
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 01:20:17 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2016, 01:47:36 PM by aminorex

Keep in mind that any software not referenced from the OP in this thread is not software which was recommended for general use by the core team, AFAIK.  Please be very careful to vet any software installed on devices which may see the private keys, 2fa, and/or passwords required to access your funds.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 01:45:20 PM

Supposedly this is a 5-qubit bitslice processor, hence scalable, although not yet proven by scaling in practice: http://arxiv.org/abs/1603.04512

QC is coming, gradually at first, then quite suddenly.  It really is time to panic, before the suddenly phase.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 02:23:15 PM

Exchange Summary

Haven't heard of 90% of the coins listed either.  Not that I look much at that stuff, but still.  

Trading XMR would likely blow the top right off the exchange.  One bot would increase their volume by an order of magnitude Grin

The votes were paid?  I forgot about that.  It's reasonable to refund them when you can't/don't deliver.  Craptsy did that to XMR also.  That's the reoccurring pattern making me "super upset."    Tongue

The newest version takes much less system resources to run.  I wish your growing exchange great success with XMR and sincerely appreciate your refusal to list insta-mined crapcoins like DASH.

I would seriously consider leaving Polo for an exchange that doesn't facilitate IPO scams like MAID and NXT.   Smiley

Update ->
Code:
 Sender: sa_ddam2133/26/2016 2:47:03 AM

Unfortunately I read the Monero thread and can see a legendary member comparing us to Cryptsty for taking too long.

Kinda sad, I thought the XMR community was better than that,

We are happy to refund all votes since we cant work fast enough for you guys :(

Code:
 Sender: elrippos3/26/2016 8:23:21 AM

Well, don't get sad about that.
Honestly i believe you had 6 months to deploy the coin and obviously you are using the oldish binaries, so that maybe a point from legendary members.
If you don't want to deploy Monero, just send back the coins, i am fine with that, it would be your loss guys.

Code:
 Sender: sa_ddam2133/26/2016 8:56:03 AM

We are adding it, its 90% integrated, like I said we just had a few issues.

We were just offering the refund due to the time it has taken, but we are a small site with so sometimes new features take a bit longer than the other sites with big budgets.

Just seemed a bit hash to be compared against a scam site like Crypsty thats all.

Anyway, should only be a couple more days until monero is live providing the new source works fine :)

Thanks

Code:
 Sender: elrippos3/26/2016 9:24:40 AM

Now as you have the new binaries, it should be a rather fast deployment of MOnerO :D
No Problem, we all just were wondering why the heck it takes you guys so long to deploy it.

Well, don't take that personally, we just want MOnerO on your Exchange and we believe that it will take more ressources than you can handle (just in case, setup some more ressources).

Do you make an announcment to the users that voted for the coin, before the coin get's finally listed?

Kind regards,
elrippos.

I tend to like those guys at cryptopia  Grin Roll Eyes

Get it on and XMR at your Exchange, NOW!!!

Sometimes people just need a little nudge Smiley

birr

Activity: 867
Merit: 584

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 05:33:44 PM

Supposedly this is a 5-qubit bitslice processor, hence scalable, although not yet proven by scaling in practice: http://arxiv.org/abs/1603.04512

QC is coming, gradually at first, then quite suddenly.  It really is time to panic, before the suddenly phase.

What effect does quantum computing have on ECDSA and EdDSA is the question.
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 06:15:19 PM

Both will be broken by it as far as I know. Interestingly, since Satoshi's pubkey is revealed, he has to move this coins in order to "protect" them (i.e. quantum computing will make it possible to steal them).

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
aiwe
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1101

karbo.io

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 07:02:48 PM

Both will be broken by it as far as I know. Interestingly, since Satoshi's pubkey is revealed, he has to move this coins in order to "protect" them (i.e. quantum computing will make it possible to steal them).
Since they are traceable, how moving them will protect them? Wink

████▄▄████████████▄▄████
██▄██████████████████▄██
██████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
██▀██████████████████▀██
████▀▀████████████▀▀████
  Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 07:09:37 PM

He will have to move them into Monero of course. Wink

vvrroomm

Activity: 53

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 07:47:12 PM

This board is available to search and documents the answers, so why ask to go to #monero? 

0.9.3 doesn't refresh, so why is that?  This could be a problem where your coins are stolen and since it doesn't refresh, you may think they are still there, right? Is there a bug or is there a problem with my wallet?

I can live with the dust problem. Can someone answer my question about the stuck fee for dust?

Will this fix it?

Sometimes, your funds will become stuck - you will have some locked funds that never become unlocked. This is how you fix it.

Load your wallet in simplewallet.

Type

seed

into the command prompt. Write down your 25 word seed, if you haven't already. This is the best way to make sure you don't loose access to your funds.
Close simplewallet by typing

exit

Backup all of your wallet related files. These include:

yourwalletname.bin
yourwalletname.bin.keys
yourwalletname.bin.address.txt

This can be done by copying the files to a new folder.

Sometimes, when creating your wallet, you might have named it something without the .bin part. In that case, the wallet file will be called yourwalletname without the .bin at the end.

Delete yourwallet.bin

Load simplewallet, type in the name of the wallet you just deleted

Enter password. The wallet will now refresh and hopefully your locked funds will now become unlocked.

dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 07:53:50 PM

Protect them from being stolen. If the pubkey is revealed quantum computing is able to steal his coins. If you move them to a new address it won't reveal the pubkey of that address, unless you reuse it.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
aiwe
Legendary

karbo.io

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 07:57:09 PM

Concerning sweep_dust errors, it can be due to tiny inputs for which there is no enough inputs to mixin with.

Trying to sweep_dust, daemon says: 
Code:
Tx <...> has too low mixin (0), and more than one mixable input with unmixable inputs.

For example, when I am trying to send some xmr that left on my hot wallet, most of which consists of dust gives me an error:

Code:
Error: not enough outputs for specified mixin_count = 4:
output amount = 0.003811120000, found outputs to mix = 1
output amount = 0.007507490000, found outputs to mix = 1
output amount = 0.007723640000, found outputs to mix = 1
output amount = 0.003594340000, found outputs to mix = 2
output amount = 0.003064900000, found outputs to mix = 1
........  and so on....

████▄▄████████████▄▄████
██▄██████████████████▄██
██████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
██▀██████████████████▀██
████▀▀████████████▀▀████
  Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
aiwe
Legendary

karbo.io

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 08:13:25 PM

Protect them from being stolen. If the pubkey is revealed quantum computing is able to steal his coins. If you move them to a new address it won't reveal the pubkey of that address, unless you reuse it.
OK, I went and read about it. So, they can't break new 'unused' address, but still they will know that money were moved and now lay at that address. Am I right?

████▄▄████████████▄▄████
██▄██████████████████▄██
██████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
██▀██████████████████▀██
████▀▀████████████▀▀████
  Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Pages: « 1 ... 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 [1508] 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 ... 2123 »
  Print  

Jump to: