Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:48:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 [237] 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 ... 2123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4667349 times)
ALXBOB

Activity: 289
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 10:37:27 PM

Hi can Intel Hexa-Core Xeon E5-2620 used for mining? what h/s to except?

Tales from the crypto

One Wallet to Rule them All! http://coinomi.com/ Now with Shapeshift integration!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ALXBOB

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 10:51:03 PM

Hi can Intel Hexa-Core Xeon E5-2620 used for mining?

Yes.

what h/s to except?

More than my intel Atom, for sure!

There is no calculator for this i suppose ?Linux or Windows?

Tales from the crypto

One Wallet to Rule them All! http://coinomi.com/ Now with Shapeshift integration!
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 10:53:54 PM

Hi can Intel Hexa-Core Xeon E5-2620 used for mining?

Yes.

what h/s to except?

More than my intel Atom, for sure!

There is no calculator for this i suppose ?Linux or Windows?

There is a google docs hardware sheet. Look upthread a few pages.
equipoise

Activity: 794
Merit: 1000

Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 10:54:59 PM

^https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MI-ic0Os25hgGUImW54sUIjZY_pUNQNa_W8Se5pRGBs/edit#gid=0

About me | zRMicroArray - phase 2 - Gene Expression Analysis software | [Weed Like to Talk - Bulgaria] Start a wave of cannabis seminars in Europe | Monero weighted average price stats: moneroprice.i2p
BTC: 1KoCX7TWKVGwqmmFw3CKyUSrKRSStueZar | NMC: NKhYEYpe1Le9MwHrwKsdSm5617J4toVar9 | XMR (Tip me a beer OpenAlias Monero address): tip.changetheworldwork.com
[XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency: 4AyRmUcxzefB5quumzK3HNE4zmCiGc8vhG6fE1oJpGVyVZF7fvDgSpt3MzgLfQ6Q1719xQhmfkM9Z2u NXgDMqYhjJVmc6KX
monero (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 134

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 10:55:43 PM

Monero Missives

June 2nd, 2014

This is the start of a slightly more formal way of keeping everyone updated as to what we're doing in Monero. On an ongoing weekly basis we'll post an update on what has happened over the past week, as well as a dev diary highlighting work done on major efforts. If you'd like to get involved with Monero don't ask for permission - just get stuck in:) Fork the repo, make changes, submit a pull-request, and let's discuss it.

Also an important note on updates: Our policy is to only provide announcements on projects which are either complete or near completion. We'd like to focus on providing you with the most accurate and reliable news, without generating any type of investor hype or speculation. As Monero is still a project in its infancy, and there is a great deal of work still to be done, we want to make sure you are getting an honest overview of our ongoing progress.

Major Updates

1. The big one...we have a logo! If you use Monero in any of your projects, you can grab a branding pack here. You can also see it in all its glory right here:

2. With our logo completed, we are going to be moving forward on a major overhaul and redesign of our website. We are also in the process of architecting and designing a better repository of information - which includes a forum-style that allows for both discussion, as well an open-source, crowd-funded development incubator. We will be keeping you updated on our progress in the coming weeks. In the meantime, the best place for threaded discussions are the /r/monero subreddit, and for live discussions join us on Freenode: #monero for general chat, #monero-dev for development efforts, and #monero-otc for price talk and over-the-counter trades.

3. The pool bounty has now closed, and was awarded to zone117x and LucasJones for their excellent work on the Node CryptoNote pool. You can see the results of their hard work on their github repo here or, you know, just use pretty much any of the Monero mining pools:)

4. In order to maintain ISO 4217 compliance, we are changing our ticker symbol from MRO to XMR effective immediately. This change primarily effects exchanges at this early stage, as we are sure that MRO will continue to be used colloquially and in general discussion. We are aware that this may cause a little confusion, but we feel it necessary to make this change early on rather than later when Monero is more widely spread.

Dev Diary

RPC: Neozaru and others have submitted pull requests to add RPC methods that were missing.

I2P: libssu has been decoupled, and outstanding changes to master have been merged.

Core: just a reminder that there are breaking changes to 0.8.8 to prevent a transaction dust attack on the block reward. Because of the block reward penalty, it was previously possible to constantly reduce the block reward down to nearly zero, which is what has been fixed. You can see this quite dramatically on the Block Reward chart on monerochain.info where our average block reward plummeted by around 13% on May 25 - 27 as the fix was tested, deployed, and miners began adopting it. Please don't forget that simplewallet using the older code will not add the correct transaction fees, causing transactions to sit in the mempool for several days before being rejected.

Core: initial work has begun on documenting the code and on providing architecture overviews. This will be a relatively lengthy project, but will provide us with a more useful codebase that has had more eyes on it.

Crypto: we have also begun an initial foray into examining the underlying cryptographic and mathematic principles of the CryptoNote protocol, and ensuring that it has been correctly implemented in the reference code (Bytecoin - upon which Monero is based). We will reveal more details as this project progresses.

Crypto: DGA has done an incredible job of optimising the PoW hashing code, and has vastly improved the speed at which it operates. This makes syncing the blockchain faster, as well as improves the speed at which miners can run and pools can verify work.

Mining: Wolf` has worked hard on optimising and tweaking LucasJones miner. If you are mining, it is strongly suggested you give Wolf's fork of cpuminer-multi a spin. Because it takes advantage of AES-NI you may find that reducing the number of threads down to around half of the number of cores in your computer is the most efficient.

We'd also like to take the time to introduce you to our core team (in no particular order) - tacotime, eizh, smooth, fluffypony, othe, davidlatapie, NoodleDoodle

Many others are involved in peripheral and related projects, including: zone117x, Neozaru, LucasJones, Wolf`, Quanttek, and so many others

Thank you for your hard work if you have been involved in Monero already, and we look forward to continuing to innovate as keep Monero the most secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency!

- updated by fluffypony
strangewildthing

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 10:56:27 PM

On linux, probably 200-250H/s
ALXBOB

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:01:19 PM

On linux, probably 200-250H/s

Thank u all! and one last question! 200-250 h/s is about how many mros?

Tales from the crypto

equipoise

Activity: 794

Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 11:09:30 PM

^Use the bots in #monero @ freenode:
[02:08] <equipoise> !calc 200
[02:08] <MoneroBot> With 200 H/s you should get 1.09 MRO per Day

About me | zRMicroArray - phase 2 - Gene Expression Analysis software | [Weed Like to Talk - Bulgaria] Start a wave of cannabis seminars in Europe | Monero weighted average price stats: moneroprice.i2p
BTC: 1KoCX7TWKVGwqmmFw3CKyUSrKRSStueZar | NMC: NKhYEYpe1Le9MwHrwKsdSm5617J4toVar9 | XMR (Tip me a beer OpenAlias Monero address): tip.changetheworldwork.com
[XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency: 4AyRmUcxzefB5quumzK3HNE4zmCiGc8vhG6fE1oJpGVyVZF7fvDgSpt3MzgLfQ6Q1719xQhmfkM9Z2u NXgDMqYhjJVmc6KX
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 11:09:36 PM

Monero Missives

June 2nd, 2014

This is the start of a slightly more formal way of keeping everyone updated as to what we're doing in Monero. On an ongoing weekly basis we'll post an update on what has happened over the past week, as well as a dev diary highlighting work done on major efforts. If you'd like to get involved with Monero don't ask for permission - just get stuck in:) Fork the repo, make changes, submit a pull-request, and let's discuss it.

Also an important note on updates: Our policy is to only provide announcements on projects which are either complete or near completion. We'd like to focus on providing you with the most accurate and reliable news, without generating any type of investor hype or speculation. As Monero is still a project in its infancy, and there is a great deal of work still to be done, we want to make sure you are getting an honest overview of our ongoing progress.

Major Updates

1. The big one...we have a logo! If you use Monero in any of your projects, you can grab a branding pack here. You can also see it in all its glory right here:

2. With our logo completed, we are going to be moving forward on a major overhaul and redesign of our website. We are also in the process of architecting and designing a better repository of information - which includes a forum-style that allows for both discussion, as well an open-source, crowd-funded development incubator. We will be keeping you updated on our progress in the coming weeks. In the meantime, the best place for threaded discussions are the /r/monero subreddit, and for live discussions join us on Freenode: #monero for general chat, #monero-dev for development efforts, and #monero-otc for price talk and over-the-counter trades.

3. The pool bounty has now closed, and was awarded to zone117x and LucasJones for their excellent work on the Node CryptoNote pool. You can see the results of their hard work on their github repo here or, you know, just use pretty much any of the Monero mining pools:)

4. In order to maintain ISO 4217 compliance, we are changing our ticker symbol from MRO to XMR effective immediately. This change primarily effects exchanges at this early stage, as we are sure that MRO will continue to be used colloquially and in general discussion. We are aware that this may cause a little confusion, but we feel it necessary to make this change early on rather than later when Monero is more widely spread.

Dev Diary

RPC: Neozaru and others have submitted pull requests to add RPC methods that were missing.

I2P: libssu has been decoupled, and outstanding changes to master have been merged.

Core: just a reminder that there are breaking changes to 0.8.8 to prevent a transaction dust attack on the block reward. Because of the block reward penalty, it was previously possible to constantly reduce the block reward down to nearly zero, which is what has been fixed. You can see this quite dramatically on the Block Reward chart on monerochain.info where our average block reward plummeted by around 13% on May 25 - 27 as the fix was tested, deployed, and miners began adopting it. Please don't forget that simplewallet using the older code will not add the correct transaction fees, causing transactions to sit in the mempool for several days before being rejected.

Core: initial work has begun on documenting the code and on providing architecture overviews. This will be a relatively lengthy project, but will provide us with a more useful codebase that has had more eyes on it.

Crypto: we have also begun an initial foray into examining the underlying cryptographic and mathematic principles of the CryptoNote protocol, and ensuring that it has been correctly implemented in the reference code (Bytecoin - upon which Monero is based). We will reveal more details as this project progresses.

Crypto: DGA has done an incredible job of optimising the PoW hashing code, and has vastly improved the speed at which it operates. This makes syncing the blockchain faster, as well as improves the speed at which miners can run and pools can verify work.

Mining: Wolf` has worked hard on optimising and tweaking LucasJones miner. If you are mining, it is strongly suggested you give Wolf's fork of cpuminer-multi a spin. Because it takes advantage of AES-NI you may find that reducing the number of threads down to around half of the number of cores in your computer is the most efficient.

We'd also like to take the time to introduce you to our core team (in no particular order) - tacotime, eizh, smooth, fluffypony, othe, davidlatapie, NoodleDoodle

Many others are involved in peripheral and related projects, including: zone117x, Neozaru, LucasJones, Wolf`, Quanttek, and so many others

Thank you for your hard work if you have been involved in Monero already, and we look forward to continuing to innovate as keep Monero the most secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency!

- updated by fluffypony

Nice update. Keep it coming! Cheesy
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 11:18:20 PM

^^ I'm truthfully being honest and not trolling at this point in the space time continuum...

But that logo for Monero, with the orange and black, and futuristic font...looks awful...

Truthfully truthfully, it looks extremely childish, kind of resembling a pokemon ball...I doubt anyone looking at that logo would take Monero very seriously....

too bad for them. They can still use the "serious" Darkcoin, blackcoin and so many other coins because of their logos...
Keyboard-Mash

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:20:20 PM

http://monero.cc/downloads/resources/logo-200.jpg

^^ I'm truthfully being honest and not trolling at this point in the space time continuum...

But that logo for Monero, with the orange and black, 2d look with no dimension,depth nothing, and futuristic/childlike font...looks awful...

Truthfully truthfully, it looks extremely childish, kind of resembling a pokemon ball...I doubt anyone looking at that logo would take Monero very seriously....

Literally the last thing I even think about is a pokeball. I see a big orange sun coming up over a dark horizon Smiley
sorryforthat

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:21:06 PM

But that logo for Monero, with the orange and black, 2d look with no dimension,depth nothing, and futuristic/childlike font...looks awful...

Logo is very professional. You are used to seeing coins with logos that fit the mold when it comes to crypto currencies. This is a logo I would expect to see from an actual company
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 11:22:29 PM

But that logo for Monero, with the orange and black, and futuristic font...looks awful...

too bad for them. They can still use the "serious" Darkcoin, blackcoin and so many other coins because of their logos...

You obviously don't know much about marketing do you.

No really i dont. But i tend to invest in things that are not only marketing. Maybe its bad but lets say that i just want products to succeed because are better and not because they have good marketing.
Polycoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:24:07 PM

Logo is very professional. You are used to seeing coins with logos that fit the mold when it comes to crypto currencies. This is a logo I would expect to see from an actual company

Good perspective there. I guess it does go out of the ordinary when it comes to cryptos..Only time will tell, only time will tell.

Edit: I actually agree, while it doesn't resemble the other cryptocoins logos that have depth and resemble physical coins it does present something new, which is what Monero is, something new..

I deleted my other comments.

Polycoin Troopers, Assemble!
sorryforthat

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:26:42 PM

That's a good thing, but most people aren't like you. They want looks And substance.

Looks play a primary factor. If I were to brand my product with a picture a pile of shit, well what is the consumer going to think about whats inside? The first initial grab is a logo or product packaging.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:31:44 PM

Any idea how many coins there are mined daily?
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 11:35:18 PM

Any idea how many coins there are mined daily?

1440 blocks * 16.5 = 23760

Actually its should be a little less than that
Palmdetroit
Legendary

Activity: 910

PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:45:52 PM

Major Updates

Dev Diary

5.5/10 Maybe someone can try dif colors with logo, burnt orange/ dark black (shiny?), grey is meh, jmo

Keyboard-Mash

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:47:49 PM

Monero Missives

Thanks for all the updates, this is a lot of good news!

Are you going to put the logo in the OP too?
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:51:52 PM

Major Updates

Dev Diary

5.5/10 Maybe someone can try dif colors with logo, burnt orange/ dark black (shiny?), grey is meh, jmo

The logo is final. Minor design tweaks (kerning is still not quite perfect) sure. Revs in a year or two like everybody does, sure.

Major redesign since it failed to please 100% of the people 100% of the time, just no.

Pages: « 1 ... 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 [237] 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 ... 2123 »
  Print  

Jump to: