Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:07:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 173 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or Gold? What would you pick?  (Read 298881 times)
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 10:37:07 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2016, 11:55:35 AM by TPTB_need_war

Go with both.
However if you wanna be  very flexible and quick in leaving when shit hits the fan(economy down, bail ins, dictatorship,gold gets mostly banned, cash only exist in small bills,) Bitcoin will have some advantages compared to gold.
Let's say you want to migrate to another country in oversea somewhere, hiding gold in your luggage would be a bad option if you own a bit more of it.The same goes for cash.So Bitcoin would be the right choice here.

Won't help you as they will ban Bitcoin to fiat transactions. And maybe even ban Bitcoin transactions that don't include a KYC id. The Chinese miners already control 65% of Bitcoin's mining. China can dictate the protocol. China has vetoed any block size increase so they already proved they are in control of Bitcon.

I explained in my video why you can't fork away from that. Impossible.

The end is near. You fools are trapped.

There is no solution.

Weep.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Alvin Fahriza

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 10:42:49 AM

Bitcoin or Gold ? I like them both. But with gold I save them. And Bitcoin must I spend and buy it. Bitcoin is invest. Gold is save.
That is my opinion. But I think that it will be a good mix if you have them both. But Bitcoin can be more worth I think.
Yeah both is good but dont forget if the dollar strengthened. The second is of course the price of both commodities will decline, you know it ?

BowYang

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 11:01:56 AM

If i had the money, i would probably pick a little bit of both.
TReano

Activity: 448
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 12:24:47 PM

why not both? Buy Bitcoins and go long on CFD Gold with them.. Wink
diodio5

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 01:15:22 PM

different from me. if I had more money, I would buy a bitcoin with all the money that I had. bitcoin is more potential than gold, bitcoin prices will rise higher than gold
arbitrage

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 02:49:44 PM

Pretty sure Gold wont be banned in my country.

All the countries are coming under the umbrella of the G20 power, which have agreed to harmonize enforcement starting in 2017.

There will be no place to run and no place to hide.

You continue your delusion at your own peril.
You don't need to show them what do you have in your pockets.
Always be prepared and keep small portions of your goods hidden for a bad times.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 03:50:34 PM

Pretty sure Gold wont be banned in my country.

All the countries are coming under the umbrella of the G20 power, which have agreed to harmonize enforcement starting in 2017.

There will be no place to run and no place to hide.

You continue your delusion at your own peril.
You don't need to show them what do you have in your pockets.
Always be prepared and keep small portions of your goods hidden for a bad times.

Yeah but if you can't sell until the good times come again, the price will probably be much lower than it is now (especially considering the opportunity cost of how long it has been buried). Because gold rises when the bad times start. Then if the bad times get too bad, then gold gets buried in the ground and we switch to food as money.

I don't have qualms with holding perhaps up to 5% of net worth in physical gold and silver coins buried some where. But to expect to be able to trade it at a profit for anything on a routine basis in bad times is delusion, if the government decides to make gold trading illegal.

We are headed into a digital money future. The government will track everything. So just forget being able to store a lot of wealth and hang on to it. The government is going to tax everything until they have taken all of our wealth during the crazy period of 2017 - 2032.

Spend more time enjoying life while you still can, and less time counting your money which will soon grow wings and fly away.

LuckyYOU

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 08:59:56 PM

I would pick gold because you can always get money for gold.
If you invest in the bitcoin is good for the future but if it will collapse in a long term you will lose a lot of money, with gold this is not the point.

arbitrage

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 07:24:29 AM

Yeah but if you can't sell until the good times come again, the price will probably be much lower than it is now (especially considering the opportunity cost of how long it has been buried). Because gold rises when the bad times start. Then if the bad times get too bad, then gold gets buried in the ground and we switch to food as money.
Why do you think gold will be prohibited?
If so price on black market will be very high.
In every major crisis till today gold was life saver, i know much about this from stories told by my ancestors..
phreaky

Activity: 546

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 03:10:03 PM

I like them both. But everyone has their own choice. Some people like Bitcoin and some people like Gold. It depends on person.
Bitcoin is so good. I like Bitcoin more than gold. But gold is also good. Bitcoin can you make some money.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 03:13:54 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2016, 04:54:35 PM by TPTB_need_war

There won't be any cash for someone to give you in exchange for your gold on the black market (at least in developed country markets)... not in terms of cash you can spend or transport in large amounts...

...you think you can operate in a country such as the Philippines which probably can't eliminate cash entirely, except if you realize that transacting in gold here in Mindanao is a good way to lose a limb, dead, kidnapped, or at least out-of-pocket. I can't even find a place to take a shit where someone wasn't watching me from behind a banana tree (the population density is high and the people are very curious at everything you do). Word gets around real fast (that foreigner has gold or cash).

Nobody wants your coins here. They will pay melt value (trust me I tried).

The issue is liquidity (and also spreads go sky high in black markets with low liquidity). There are many sellers here (the miners), but very few buyers. Most of the gold is bought for export. I know the guy that runs a small refinery in Manila and he told me he can't even do business in Mindanao because it is controlled by local politicians. Also his business was basically destroyed as the larger players in Manila squeezed him by instituting a 5% tax which they don't pay but he can't find a way to avoid paying entirely. He had to diversify into mining exploration.

As I wrote upthread, I think you can store some in gold that you bury some where and wait for this coming crisis to abate, but if you are expecting to sell gold during the crisis to pay living expenses, then I think you will discover that you end up having to do it in a legal way and pay very high taxes (which I think will be much higher by then). And I think the larger problem may be the government will just confiscate it when you try to sell stating that you were not able to properly document your purchases and the gold was not declared all along or was excessive in violation of some anti-terrorism and AML laws.

Gold was very useful in the past when you could carry it with you on a plane or boat, but now the governments are confiscating it at the borders and transport hubs.

As you can read below, the-powers-that-be have not yet put in force their full array of plans. They are organizing for the big capital controls push which will accelerate from 2017 to 2020.

This really is a pointless

Only to someone who isn't paying attention to what is really going in the world that is oblivious to most (see below).

Whereas, it has helped me greatly to decide how to launch a coin wherein it will be legal every where. Which is very important compared to those coins which may run into trouble later, such as Ethereum and Zcash (assuming Zcash continues with their plan to have miners act as money transmitters to the foundation).

Note the issues I raised in this thread may not apply for those coins that never reach some level of millions of adoption, if they are no threat to the powers-that-be and haven't caused anger among investors.

You're trying to second guess what regulators will do in each country by reference to America?

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/world-news/taxes/2017-the-year-from-political-hell/
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/world-news/2017-is-coming-and-the-g20-has-agreed-to-share-all-info-on-everyone/
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/world-news/swiss-to-give-up-everything-everybody/
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/international-news/western_europe/britain-to-ban-any-encryption-that-prevents-the-taxman-from-exposing-british-citizens/
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/international-news/western_europe/uk-to-ban-whatsapp-messaging-service/
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/world-news/larry-summers-calls-to-end-100-billis-here-comes-the-totalitarian-state/
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/world-news/taxes/the-new-age-of-economic-totalitarianism-the-london-meeting-to-end-currency/
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/world-news/nsa-blames-snowden-for-paris/
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/world-news/nsa-a-tax-economics-espionage-agency/
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/category/world-news/taxes/
http://www.nestmann.com/
http://www.nestmann.com/best-place-to-launder-money-surprisingly
http://www.nestmann.com/theyre-coming-for-your-cash

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/china-has-made-obedience-to-the-state-a-game-a6783841.html
http://theantimedia.org/china-just-launched-the-most-frightening-game-ever-and-soon-it-will-be-mandatory/

At G20 last year, all governments agreed to report everyone everywhere to their host countries for tax purposes. The hunt for taxes is destroying the world economy at a staggering rapid pace and this is far worse than even I had anticipated when we first forecast BIG BANG would hit 2015.75 back in 1985. Here is a email a non-US citizen received from his trust company in Malta.

Quote from: trust company in Malta
“The reporting charges have arisen due to the implementation of new U.S legislation known as the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (“FATCA”) which has been introduced as part of a global initiative to create an International tax reporting regime. Together with the majority of the World’s major trading nations, the Maltese Government has entered into an agreement with the US Authorities to implement FATCA legislation in Malta. The legislation has required all Trust Companies in Malta to evaluate all structures operated on behalf of clients and categorise them according to detailed rules set out in the FATCA legislation. This categorisation process is not just limited to structures operated on behalf of US clients, or clients holding US assets but has to include all clients and structures irrespective of where clients and their structures are domiciled. We can advise you that <Name> has taken extensive legal and tax advice regarding the categorisation of clients and which information should be reported according to various trigger reporting events since our accounting and client management systems have to be tailored to supply relevant information on a per client and <Name> entity basis to the Malta Authorities who then report directly to the IRS.

Consistent with many other Trust Companies a decision has been taken to pass on some of the costs of this work to client structures for whom we act. Accordingly a December invoice will be issued for a one off fee of £250 that will be described in the invoice as a FATCA classification fee.“

You need to understand that the dollar will grow stronger as we collapse starting in earnest in 2017 and this will place the global financial leverage in the hands of the USA so it can force FATCA on the rest of the world while the rest of the world collapse they too will hunt down "tax evaders":

The dollar rally and the devaluation of the yuan is not a fluke and it most certainly is not a one-time event. The dollar declined against the yuan for 19 years during the same timing that saw gold decline from 1980 to 1999. The major low on an annual closing basis at 2013 and 2014 was an outside reversal to the upside for the dollar. The Yearly Bullish Reversal stands at 683 and technical resistance stands at 658. The dollar filled the gap that existed prior to 1994 and is yet another confirmation that the dollar rally is underway.

Yes, the world trade is contracting and will get much worse after October. Governments are destroying the world economy on their hunt for taxation. Politicians are hunting money as if it were some sport and are undoing everything that was built postwar. Numerous reports are coming in to us about people traveling on trains and having their bags searched for money in Europe. The hunt for cash is wiping out the world economy. Americans are being thrown out of banks and mutual funds everywhere. FATCA has forced Americans to repatriate dollars. The only real Americans who can operate overseas are now established multinational companies. Small companies cannot expand from the United States nor can individuals send money anywhere.

Add to FATCA the problem in Europe and we see capital still pouring into the USA from both China and Europe. The real estate cycle has/or will peak with this turning point around the world from Switzerland, Britain, Canada, to Asia right down into India and Australia. We are plagued by politicians who have absolutely no clue how to run an economy and it is now all about them retaining power virtually everywhere we look.

The dollar rally is unfolding despite the fact people do not understand why. They look only at the USA debt and assume the dollar must crash, when in fact, the problem we face is on a global scale and $18 trillion in U.S. debt is simply not the large enough for international capital to hide. The future is going to be anything but a textbook move. This is why this year’s World Economic Conference is going to be a real eye opener.

adibe

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 04:50:17 PM

I like them both. But everyone has their own choice. Some people like Bitcoin and some people like Gold. It depends on person.
Bitcoin is so good. I like Bitcoin more than gold. But gold is also good. Bitcoin can you make some money.

Same here, i also pick both. Gold for long-term investment and bitcoin for short-term, and also i prefer bitcoin for online things like gambling, because gold can't used for gambling.
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 06:06:55 PM

Same here, i also pick both. Gold for long-term investment and bitcoin for short-term, and also i prefer bitcoin for online things like gambling, because gold can't used for gambling.
you are right, the most good choice is to choose both. because the price of gold is always a steady but very difficult to make it grow, while bitcoin prices are not stable but easy to make it grow
treeguard

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 09:12:37 PM

i would most definitely pick bitcoin instead of gold, i think bitcoin technology is really good and has a bright future
Anddos

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 09:48:03 PM

I don't think extremes are good. A bit of both would be smarter in my opinion.

blackmachinegun

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 07:41:56 AM

i would most definitely pick bitcoin instead of gold, i think bitcoin technology is really good and has a bright future

no one knows about the future, no one guarantees, bitcoin prices will be higher in the future, and we do not know bitcoin will live for a long time or not. in contrast to gold. we already know the history of gold, already many centuries ago of gold was worth, the better gold
ps_jb

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 08:21:20 AM

no one knows about the future, no one guarantees, bitcoin prices will be higher in the future, and we do not know bitcoin will live for a long time or not. in contrast to gold. we already know the history of gold, already many centuries ago of gold was worth, the better gold

If you are going to live 5000 years - yes, you will benefit from gold

If you want to see gain (or dramatic loss) - BTCs are your choice

Nemesis099

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 02:15:55 PM

Yeah gold can be more powerful then bitcoin in future, as gold is more mature and into existence since many years, while bitcoin is a new technology, so not sure how long it will survive.
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 02:20:39 PM

If you are going to live 5000 years - yes, you will benefit from gold

If you want to see gain (or dramatic loss) - BTCs are your choice

Gold is up 17% this year already.  I think the 5000 years is not needed.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 02:35:26 PM

Gold will work, of course, as a Store of Value as long as you do not have to board the plane with it.

US resident citizens can always choose platinum if worried about the TSA upon exit or a general gold confiscation (unlikely IMO, but possible).  Silver of course would be free of that confiscation threat, but it is bulky. 

Or saffron?  (Worth more than its weight in gold I have read)

Sorry I think this is ill informed advice. Any thing of value will be confiscated at transportation hubs, borders, checkpoints, routine inspections by police, etc..

And I am not convinced it will hold its value.

Either we move too far into a Dark Age, and gold loses its value relative to food. Remember Armstrong has explained why this happens throughout history of man.

Or we move to the Knowledge Age and gold loses its value relative to the crypto currency I am creating.

Or maybe both!

Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 173 »
  Print  

Jump to: