Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:37:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 119 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Orbitcoin v1.6.3.0 ~ NeoScrypt ~ Green Stake ~ 10 Years Old  (Read 201000 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Mario241077
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

ORB has a good chance to grow.

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 09:15:58 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2015, 09:32:41 PM by Mario241077

ok.. and thats fair, so im still not sure what is a good block size to use, 50? 100? What are most people using latley?

Vegas

for small holder and for a fast staking should be 20 ORB's right.

i use 50 ORB now, I have many ORB's! 20 ORB is therefore too elaborate. And I buy every day ORB's so I always get new input! But my processing power is certainly much higher than yours, which I bring to the network!

and larger inputs have a higher weight! So be the first staked out!

But only a few people buy ORB, so that's good for me!! Because energy costs are much lower than for a GPU!

Are you a part of the ORB Community or want to be it, then gives your vote! here!! One of the first 30 currencys in the World is Orbitcoin DEV Forum - don't forget free ORB's are here ORB Faucet, tell your friend's - With PoW (without Asic's)/PoS Hybrid-System everyone can mine ORB with general purpose pc-hardware. The PoS (Proof of Stake) generation features very low energy consumption. Green Stake over PoS
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 03:39:59 AM

Seem like a good coin which aim to help science. Downloading the wallet now.

welcome in our small community Smiley

Thanks for the warm welcome! Although it is not warm at all.. LoL! Downloading the data now, 74 weeks behind with 1000885 Blocks left. How long would it take?

This one is official,
but majority of forum threads for ORB are over at Cryptocointalk
 Grin

Alright noted. I added in the nodes and.. it is now 63 weeks behind with 33 active connections. Not sure how long it would take.

Cool glad to hear your sticking with it man  Grin

I will stick to OrbitCoin. Else, I wont waste my time downloading the blockchain. Currently at 600,000 blocks - 46 weeks behind.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
Mario241077
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 08:28:20 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome! Although it is not warm at all.. LoL! Downloading the data now, 74 weeks behind with 1000885 Blocks left. How long would it take?

This one is official,
 Grin

Alright noted. I added in the nodes and.. it is now 63 weeks behind with 33 active connections. Not sure how long it would take.

Cool glad to hear your sticking with it man  Grin

I will stick to OrbitCoin. Else, I wont waste my time downloading the blockchain. Currently at 600,000 blocks - 46 weeks behind.

http://orb.sx/downloads/data.7z
use this blockchain from OP

Block chain data for rapid deployment:
data.7z (832166 blocks, Windows only, 322Mb)
 md5sum (data.7z) = 4d3741b01d6609bf8f8a4b4fe36e863a

Are you a part of the ORB Community or want to be it, then gives your vote! here!! One of the first 30 currencys in the World is Orbitcoin DEV Forum - don't forget free ORB's are here ORB Faucet, tell your friend's - With PoW (without Asic's)/PoS Hybrid-System everyone can mine ORB with general purpose pc-hardware. The PoS (Proof of Stake) generation features very low energy consumption. Green Stake over PoS
ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1239
Merit: 1020

No surrender, no retreat, no regret.

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2015, 01:33:33 PM

This one is official,
 Grin

The whole block chain is ~500Mb in size, so it takes 5 to 7 hours to get sync'ed on a fast wired connection. It may take a day if sync'ing over a wireless network.

I also find it odd that this is one of the oldest POS coins out there, AND it has 500% interest per year with a 1 day min stake period, yet only 1.8M coins?  Huh

Vegas

What does it say about inputs? How many are min/avg/max age?

500% was earlier when the PoS difficulty was below 0.02. It's about 0.1 now. There is no fixed rate interest. 1440 ORB * 67% = 960 ORB to distribute among all staking nodes every day. This kind of inflation control is more predictable and better in general than fixed rate interest.

"If you've got a problem and have to spread some coins to make it go away, you've got no problem. You've got an expence." ~ Phoenixcoin (PXC) and Orbitcoin (ORB) and Halcyon (HAL)
Mad_Max

Activity: 894

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 06:34:53 PM

No. Wallet is always unlocked. See screen shot below. I stake many different coins, and have the pc that can do it, the latest I-7 V3 Extreme. A 12 core intel cpu. This is the ONLY coin that doesnt stake as it should. Wallet is 1.5 (latest). Ive even removed EVERYTHING but wallet.dat  from data folder and resyc from scratch. Didnt help.
+
Please see my wallet inputs on post #341, and youll see many of my block sizes are 33 and 40 orbs, and have not staked in weeks.I know that min is 20 orbs to stake, but some of those blocks of 20 are from December 2014. That still doesnt sound right. I also know staking is all about luck, like hashing, but based on experience to get a stake in say a few days, what is a good size block to use? 50? 100? Im sure most of you have played around with it and found "the sweet spot", were 50 is enough to stake in a few days, as 100 will too, but 100 is just a waste. Ive tried 40 coins per block, and weeks have gone by and that block still didnt stake. What size blocks are you guys using?

Seems all OK, but you have low coin stack and may be little unlucky.

ORB PoS mining is greatly different from most PoS coins.
Standart PoS coin: PoS block reward is % from (amount of coins x age of coins / 365). It makes no sense to divide the coins into small blocks and keep the wallet staking online as long as possible. Because still get the same number of coins. Most miners start wallet once per few weeks or month collect PoS reward fast (just one or few PoS blocks) and go offline until coins mature again (like next few weeks). Difficulty is low because of low pos miners competition.

ORB PoS: PoS block reward is fixed (= PoW reward = 1 ORB at current moment). To maximize income most miners split blocks to small 20-50 coins portions and run wallets online 24/7 nonstop or at least as long as possible. pos miners competition and difficulty remain hight all time.

Example:
You have 634 coins now. It properly split and already mature. All OK.
BUT right now almost 1 000 000 (1 mil) of ORB participate in PoS mining. Most of them is properly split and run 24/7 too. So you control only about 634 / 1000000 = ~ 0.07% of total mining power of ORB network.
Max number of PoS blocks per day = 960 (1 min blocks with 2/3 PoS and 1/3 PoW). With 0.07% power you can get 0.67 blocks per day as AVERAGE with zero luck variance. Eg 2 blocks per each 3 day.

But with luck/unluck (like PoW solo mining) uneven distribution it may be few blocks per one day. Or few days (or even week or more) without single block. But on long term run it will be about 0.67 per day.

Example 2:
For single 30 Orb input expected rate of PoS generation is ~ 0.033 per day. = 1 block per 30 days of staking as average. But with luck/unluck some inputs get PoS blocks after few days, other only after few month.

He знaя пoкoя и oтдыxa, Пpи лyннoм и coлнeчнoм cвeтe, Mы дeлaeм дeньги из вoздyxa, Чтoб cнoвa cпycтить иx нa вeтep!
Mad_Max

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 06:44:14 PM

I also find it odd that this is one of the oldest POS coins out there, AND it has 500% interest per year with a 1 day min stake period, yet only 1.8M coins?  Huh

500% interest rate was very short (like few weeks - dnt remember exact numbers) promotional period (called ORB bonanza) in spring 2014 after coin restart (hardfork) under control of new dev. for the return of interest and user base. And min stake period was 5 day at that time. It changed to 1 day at last major update (from 1.4.xx to 1.5.xx)
And ORB never actually have any specific PoS interest per year: it is a dynamic based on current block reward (fixed PoS = PoW) and current PoS difficuly.

At ORB bonanza (5-10 ORBs per block and relative low diff) it reach >500%.

Right now with 1 ORB blocks reward and hight diff it is about 40-50% interest per year. More miners = more competition = lower interest rate in %. And vice versa. Self regulated system.

He знaя пoкoя и oтдыxa, Пpи лyннoм и coлнeчнoм cвeтe, Mы дeлaeм дeньги из вoздyxa, Чтoб cнoвa cпycтить иx нa вeтep!
vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 09:49:51 PM

Thank you for clearing that up. Good to know.

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 07:20:07 AM

Hmm.. 35 weeks behind the network. It is alright. I rather download the chain using QT than using my Firefox. It dont pause the file when I close my Firefox.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 08:27:41 AM

Hmm.. 35 weeks behind the network. It is alright. I rather download the chain using QT than using my Firefox. It dont pause the file when I close my Firefox.

Can take a while to sync from scratch, especially because the client not only has to download the blocks, it also has to verify all transactions within each block. I installed Bitcoin on an Atom server (dual core, but somewhat less powerful than a desktop CPU) and it took more than a week to sync. Towards the end, it was the CPU which was causing the sync to lag, since there were so many transactions attached to each block; it was only able to process 1 or 2 blocks per second at 100% CPU utilisation.

You'll probably see a similar sort of behaviour when syncing a typical established coin like ORB, but of course at a much lower level.
Mario241077
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 06:12:57 PM

500% interest rate was very short (like few weeks - dnt remember exact numbers) promotional period (called ORB bonanza) in spring 2014 after coin restart (hardfork) under control of new dev. for the return of interest and user base. And min stake period was 5 day at that time. It changed to 1 day at last major update (from 1.4.xx to 1.5.xx)
And ORB never actually have any specific PoS interest per year: it is a dynamic based on current block reward (fixed PoS = PoW) and current PoS difficuly.

At ORB bonanza (5-10 ORBs per block and relative low diff) it reach >500%.

Right now with 1 ORB blocks reward and hight diff it is about 40-50% interest per year. More miners = more competition = lower interest rate in %. And vice versa. Self regulated system.

33% PoW blocks and 67% PoS blocks delivering 1 ORB each

Considering 20 ORB staking +1 ORB every 10 days, it's 1*(365/10)/20=183% per annum.
Compound interest earns (1+1/20)^(365/10)=593% per annum.
Things are more complicated in reality, so actual earnings are somewhere between the two above.
by Ghostlander

hetecon

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

Viarium.io - DECENTRALIZED VR WORLD

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 06:16:13 PM

What does this "green stake" mean? Is there changes to the codes?

Mario241077
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 06:22:29 PM

What does this "green stake" mean? Is there changes to the codes?

green stake means. If you ORB are holding in your wallet (and your wallet is opened) and then you get new ORB's. Like interest rates and the Energy cost of this is very very low! Thus, it is very environmental friendly

Mario241077
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 11:04:46 PM

Ghost Orbitcoin Description on cryptsy... do you want to have something changed? I've just good connections! Smiley

Orbitcoin Description

Orbitcoin is the 1st PoW/PoS hybrid coin with fixed block rewards and limited supply. 33% of blocks are generated through PoW and the remaining 67% are produced through PoS. Difficulty changes every block using a secure and flexible algorithm.

Orbitcoin supports open source science and operates on broad consensus of the community for the common good.
Statistics for the 1st part of Staking Bonanza: 180.44K ORB generated, average of 3.61 ORB per block, duration 26.13 days (23.15 days expected).
Statistics for the 2nd part of Staking Bonanza: 232.22K ORB generated, average of 2.32 ORB per block, duration 43.42 days (46.30 days expected).
https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/1419-300-day-orb-mining-bonanza-extra-currency-for-miners/

website http://orbitcoin.org/
mainforum https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/929-orbitcoin-orb-information/

Some FAQ on staking https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=586674.msg7744291#msg7744291

Orbitcoin Specifications

advanced hybrid proof-of-work (PoW) and proof-of-stake (PoS)
    33% PoW blocks and 67% PoS blocks
    3.77 million coins to be produced
    block hashing is BLAKE2s
    PoW hashing is NeoScrypt
    PoS hashing is SHA-256d
    1 minute combined block target (3 minutes for PoW, 1.5 minutes for PoS)
    retargets every block using Orbitcoin Super Shield (OSS)
    time warp and instamining protection
    advanced checkpointing against 51% attacks
    transaction messaging supported
    the 1st implementation of 0% PoS
    PoW and PoS blocks carry the same fixed reward of 1 ORB
    6 confirmations for regular transactions
    200 confirmations for minted coins
    very low transaction fees (most transactions are free)
    no destruction of transaction fees (all collected by a block finder)
    the default P2P port is 15298, RPC port is 15299
    I2P/Tor ready
    http://explorer.orbitcoin.org
    https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/929-orbitcoin-orb-information/

Orbitcoin Links

Source Code: GitHub

Block Explorer: Block Explorer
Orbitcoin Markets

Mad_Max

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 11:34:42 PM

33% PoW blocks and 67% PoS blocks delivering 1 ORB each

Considering 20 ORB staking +1 ORB every 10 days, it's 1*(365/10)/20=183% per annum.
Compound interest earns (1+1/20)^(365/10)=593% per annum.
Things are more complicated in reality, so actual earnings are somewhere between the two above.
by Ghostlander

Yeah, formulas right by itself but this info is NOT relevant any more. It was correct about half year ago or more, not now.
Because at current PoS difficulty average staking time for smallest inputs(20 ORBs or close) not 10 days(like in this example), but near 30 days already.
With luck/unluck i even have few dozen inputs generated in last year (>50 days old) which still do not generate single PoS blocks despite the 24/7 staking. And my current "record" is 40 Orb input with 65 days of non stop staking (from 5 Dec 2014) without blocks.
But on the other hand the most lucky inputs gets block after 5-10 days of staking.

P.S.
But even now it is still more profitable compared to most other PoS coins.

TheORBlord

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 06:30:55 PM

What do you guys think about getting listed on this exchange?
http://www.coldcryptos.com/

Cost is $120 in any cryptocoin
I'd donate 0.1 BTC if you think we can make the rest up?Huh
this isn't about getting on yet another exchange, if we get listed on this exchange we also get listed on whitepuma!

Meaning ORB would gain a facebook and twitter tipbot, along with a new merchant account provider.

Link to info
http://community.coldcryptos.com/threads/read-this-before-posting-a-request.350/

Whitepuma info

we are working!

We already released two tipping apps for Facebook and our Universal Dashboard, which allows tipping on Twitter and virtually everywhere thanks to the CryptoWiz Widget.

We are working on the rest of the systems so everyone with a website, a major CMS (like WordPress, Drupal and Joomla) or a major forum software (like PHPBB, vBulletin and XenForo) can subscribe and receive tips for their contents. In the mean time, you should check our UniDash and see how you can get started enabling your website to receive tips/payments with our widget.

TheORBlord

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 06:34:53 PM

It's not a total solution, I think we'll need at least 3 merchant account providers to be considered stable on the matter.

Mario241077
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 06:04:45 PM

What do you guys think about getting listed on this exchange?
http://www.coldcryptos.com/

Cost is $120 in any cryptocoin
I'd donate 0.1 BTC if you think we can make the rest up?Huh
this isn't about getting on yet another exchange, if we get listed on this exchange we also get listed on whitepuma!

Meaning ORB would gain a facebook and twitter tipbot, along with a new merchant account provider.

Link to info
http://community.coldcryptos.com/threads/read-this-before-posting-a-request.350/

Whitepuma info

we are working!

We already released two tipping apps for Facebook and our Universal Dashboard, which allows tipping on Twitter and virtually everywhere thanks to the CryptoWiz Widget.

We are working on the rest of the systems so everyone with a website, a major CMS (like WordPress, Drupal and Joomla) or a major forum software (like PHPBB, vBulletin and XenForo) can subscribe and receive tips for their contents. In the mean time, you should check our UniDash and see how you can get started enabling your website to receive tips/payments with our widget.

Sounds interesting! Let's wait until ORB continues to rise, it looks at the moment like it. I also buy more and more ORB's.

I generate nearly about 100 POS ORB's per day Smiley I can improve further, and with low cost's of energy

Guy's let's make ORB's rare!

Mario241077
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 06:13:45 PM

update to v1.5.0.0 complete 12.02.2015 tested over 3 day's
AllCrypt (ORB/BTC)

https://www.allcrypt.com
https://www.allcrypt.com/market?id=781 (ORB/BTC)

Mario241077
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 06:15:54 PM

don't forget free ORB's are here

www.multifaucet.tk

Orbitcoin Faucet balance: 522.8958 ORB

http://www.multifaucet.tk/index.php?faucet=ORB

now you get > 100 = 0.01 ORB Smiley

Place    Coin    Withdrawals    Total amount
1       MINT    67    3510
2       J    57    582
3       DGC    43    2.27
4       MEC    41    0.6465
5       BLU    39    41
6       MOON    39    2015
7       HTML5    39    2050
8       MUE    34    1785
9       XPL    30    3160
10       XMG    30    0.312
11       ZEIT    30    3120
12       TIPS    28    2900
13       BUN    27    14050
14       NOTE    23    2.4
15       VRC    20    0.201
16       ORB    20    0.214
17       HAM    20    0.212
18       EMD    19    20.3
19       EAC    18    1.89
20       BRD    17    8900
21       FJC    17    176
22       PND    17    17.5
23       SPR    17    0.179
24       GRS    16    1.67
25       KEY    15    0.0161

91       BCT    1    0.11

RamiroGomare

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 08:34:05 PM

Cryptoine exchange always with ORB.

Orbitcoin Free Trading Weekend starts... NOW! http://ow.ly/J1XaK  Dont miss this!

Retweet: https://twitter.com/cryptoine/status/566331983794798592
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 119 »
  Print  

Jump to: