Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:52:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 ... 535 »
  Print  
Author Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official  (Read 940984 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Blazin604

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 01:04:12 AM

Da fuck is going on? What attack. My NXT better be safe. Can someone explain in non technical terms how this attack effects NXT? Also someone just pulled 2 million out of the market cap

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 01:15:57 AM

Da fuck is going on? What attack. My NXT better be safe. Can someone explain in non technical terms how this attack effects NXT?

Its not an attack.

Lets assume you are a retard and use the same passphrase for NXT and NXTFORKCOIN.

You have 1 million NXT and 10 million NXTFORKCOINS in you wallet. Now someone comes to you and says "I want to buy 100000 NXTFORKCOINS from you and I pay you 1 Bitcoins for it." You think "NICE he offers me more than they are worth, snap buy!". He sends you the BTC and you send him the 100000 NXTFORKCOINS.
Now because the NXTFORKCOIN uses the exact same protocol and addressformat the rawtransaction will look exactly the same. The buyer can now take the transaction and submit it to the NXT network. If the account has the 100000 NXT in it, the transaction will work and the real NXT will be sent to the attackers account. You just lost 100000 NXT for 1 Bitcoin!

DLXS

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 01:51:56 AM

Mintpal adding Nxt!

I know I know, not this again  Grin Here is the short history so everyone is up to speed.

A few months ago, Nxt won a vote to get added to Mintpal with some people using donating BTC for votes. Mintpal tried and for whatever reason, couldn't add Nxt os they refunded the money. So nice guys  Grin and that's where it ended.

Something happened today that got their attention (  Cheesy  ) and they tweeted Fatih87SK and Berzerk asking if they wanted Nxt to be listed. But on the condition a 1 BTC payment to cover implementation costs. Naturally, this annoyed some and others didn't mind.

It was too contentious for community funding so the 1 BTC was crowd sourced form the pockets of Nxters who believe it is a good idea. The Nxt is being exchanged as I type and will be sent very soon. I saw in all the discussion they could have Nxt set up in two days so we could have it by Sunday.

Full thread and keep up with the story here >>>> https://nxtforum.org/trading-exchanges/mintpal-and-nxt/100

Two new exchanges in less than a week, not bad going  Grin

One of witch ran away with all funds. I am pretty pissed...

That was the third (ShareXCoin). I was talking BTC38 today and Mintpal in due course.

so what happened exactly? I had deposited 1 btc for trading there. completely lost? why? any link? when i saw website down i assume they were only changing something... wtf if they just dissapeared. I genuinely thought these exchanges promoted here were serious and didnt worry about instacashing out from there...
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 01:57:15 AM

I am starting a "Track down the shareXcoin scammer" campaign.

Nothing violent or threatening, just track him down, let him explain the situation and then bring on the force of the US-law-enforcement on him. Also the infos will be posted public for whatever anyone wants to do with them, but as always be cautious with information that is not 100% proven to be right, don't fall into the reddit frameing trap!

This is not a witch-hunt! So please leave your pitchforks at home!!!!

The first step will be a fundraiser for bounties and paying certain doxing experts. I will hold the funds escrow and organize this whole thing. I am certain with the right financial-motivation, every person can be tracked down. You shouldn't piss at the bitcointalk-crowd, they are full of spite, and so am I!

Two ways to donate:

BTC: 1NMrmhqs1s72UkRnSygS4Figm5Vdcb2RVN
QORA: QMt3gUxSM7jytGqfcyuZqJrwhx7bLFDNKF

or pledging parts of the funds you will maybe eventually get back from ziplibrary.

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:30:08 AM

Nothing violent or threatening ... then bring on the force of the US-law-enforcement on him

Wait wut Huh I don't get it. Which one of those two things is true?

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 02:35:26 AM

Nothing violent or threatening ... then bring on the force of the US-law-enforcement on him

You know the pitchforkgrabbing mob sayings: "Kill him", "track him down and send a few guys to break some of his bones!".

I don't want any of that to happen, just legal enforcement. Thats no threatening right?

notsoshifty

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:36:01 AM

Da fuck is going on? What attack. My NXT better be safe. Can someone explain in non technical terms how this attack effects NXT?

Its not an attack.

Lets assume you are a retard and use the same passphrase for NXT and NXTFORKCOIN.

You have 1 million NXT and 10 million NXTFORKCOINS in you wallet. Now someone comes to you and says "I want to buy 100000 NXTFORKCOINS from you and I pay you 1 Bitcoins for it." You think "NICE he offers me more than they are worth, snap buy!". He sends you the BTC and you send him the 100000 NXTFORKCOINS.
Now because the NXTFORKCOIN uses the exact same protocol and addressformat the rawtransaction will look exactly the same. The buyer can now take the transaction and submit it to the NXT network. If the account has the 100000 NXT in it, the transaction will work and the real NXT will be sent to the attackers account. You just lost 100000 NXT for 1 Bitcoin!

That's the size of it. And my point is that I don't believe it's even possible due to timestamp being in the transaction signature, unless the clone picks a genesis block from 2013 or earlier (which none have). The reverse might be possible (steal a clone's coin), if the clone doesn't defend against it. Let's see what CfB / JL say.

Anyway, golden rule of "do not use the same passphrase" applies, and then you have zero chance of having a problem.
Voluntold

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:43:58 AM

... just legal enforcement. Thats no threatening right?

I've got a few videos I could share you....

Nxt:  NXT-5BHG-9VRE-QGW6-DRZVQ
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:48:14 AM

You know the pitchforkgrabbing mob sayings: "Kill him", "track him down and send a few guys to break some of his bones!".

I don't want any of that to happen, just legal enforcement. Thats no threatening right?

I suppose there is a distinction in the sense that the mob would just kill you while the cops would give you the choice of being killed or locked in some dungeon with a bunch of horny homosexual neanderthals. more choice is always better but i wouldnt color it in terms of violence vs not violence or threat vs non threat.

If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Voluntold

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:50:34 AM

I suppose there is a distinction in the sense that the mob would just kill you while the cops would give you the choice of being killed or locked in some dungeon with a bunch of horny homosexual neanderthals. more choice is always better but i wouldnt color it in terms of violence vs not violence or threat vs non threat.

Sometimes they don't even give you that choice...

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 02:53:38 AM

I am no expert for financial crime law but do you really think he would serve jail time for such a thing? I was thinking in terms of restitution + big fine+ online shaming and killing his credibility associated with his real name.

Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:14:22 AM

I am no expert for financial crime law but do you really think he would serve jail time for such a thing? I was thinking in terms of restitution + big fine+ online shaming and killing his credibility associated with his real name.

Well idk but fraudsters deserve what they get so dont worry about it. +1 for the mob and leg breaking if he really defrauded people.

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 03:15:47 AM

Well idk but fraudsters deserve what they get so dont worry about it. +1 for the mob and leg breaking if he really defrauded people.

Turns out it was most likely a "she" and "asian"...

allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:19:18 AM

haha. my asset is the only asset where its a great thing for nxt if the price crashes Cheesy

*edit* wait maybe shortnxt?
yes,silver is much better for crash.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:31:25 AM

Mintpal adding Nxt!

I know I know, not this again  Grin Here is the short history so everyone is up to speed.

A few months ago, Nxt won a vote to get added to Mintpal with some people using donating BTC for votes. Mintpal tried and for whatever reason, couldn't add Nxt so they refunded the money. So nice guys  Grin and that's where it ended.

Something happened today that got their attention (  Cheesy  ) and they tweeted Fatih87SK and Berzerk asking if they wanted Nxt to be listed. But on the condition a 1 BTC payment to cover implementation costs. Naturally, this annoyed some and others didn't mind.

It was too contentious for community funding so the 1 BTC was crowd sourced from the pockets of Nxters who believe it is a good idea. The Nxt is being exchanged as I type and will be sent very soon. I saw in all the discussion they could have Nxt set up in two days so we could have it by Sunday.

Full thread and keep up with the story here >>>> https://nxtforum.org/trading-exchanges/mintpal-and-nxt/100

another good news.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:32:36 AM

Still want to sick the government dogs on her?

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 03:34:37 AM

That is always plan B.

Plan A is to convince her to pay back everything and own up..

Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:48:53 AM

That is always plan B.

Plan A is to convince her to pay back everything and own up..

Yes that sounds right to me. Ideally we wouldn't live in a society with governments, but so long as we do you cant help but use them sometimes.

Voluntold

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 04:08:49 AM

Oh, so we should just automatically go easy on her because she has a vagina?... Sorry, but I don't fall for the rampant sexist propaganda that circles almost all cultures.  If we're going to claim that women deserve equal treatment (I'm assuming we do), then that has to be universal and apply to everything including consequences.  

Edit: Also, I don't think we should be physically violent with anyone, man or women.

lumierre

Activity: 862

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 04:11:58 AM

Mintpal adding Nxt!

A few months ago, Nxt won a vote to get added to Mintpal with some people using donating BTC for votes. Mintpal tried and for whatever reason, couldn't add Nxt so they refunded the money. So nice guys  Grin and that's where it ended.

It was too contentious for community funding so the 1 BTC was crowd sourced from the pockets of Nxters who believe it is a good idea. The Nxt is being exchanged as I type and will be sent very soon. I saw in all the discussion they could have Nxt set up in two days so we could have it by Sunday.

another good news.
This would've been valuable insider information if it was kept secret.  Grin

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
Pages: « 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 ... 535 »
  Print  

Jump to: